Murdoch calls allegations against his paper 'deplorable'

The sights and sounds of a nation in rage! And laughter!

Rebekah Brook, pictured swinging from the flag at the Cenotaph a la Pink Floyd son Charlie Gilmour.

Hackgate: it's now a major motion picture, sort of!

From the Brooker column above:
The trickiest role to cast is surely Andy Hayman, the former Metropolitan police assistant commissioner whose appalling delivery of a key line managed to turn the select committee hearing into an unconvincing TV movie version of itself while it was actually happening. "Good God! Absolutely not! I can't believe you asked me that!" he spluttered, like a man hell-bent on failing an Emmerdale audition. It was excruciating enough on television. Imagine having to sit there and watching it live. Keith Vaz probably clenched his buttcheeks so hard they tore the fabric off his chair seat.

Wow I read that in the article but good God that was horrible. I hate the tactic of pretend to be enraged and try to turn the tables on the questioner and waste time.

ALL of Fox News. And network. (Uh, except the Simpsons!)

and Family Guy.

whistleblower suicide suspected?:eek:
okies, now you have me attention. :eye: :eye:

Update: Old Rupert doesn't know a darned thing, hasn't heard of it, is completely unfamiliar with this, that,
and the other; young James talks fast, stutters unconvincingly, repeats many things twice yet says nothing.

Daily Mail, ever the tenacious tab when there's blood in the water, follows the hinky demise of the whistleblower:

'Someone's coming to get me': Terrified phone-hacking
whistleblower feared for his life before he was found dead

The man who launched the entire phone hacking scandal had become a paranoid recluse who believed someone was out to get him, a friend has revealed.

Sean Hoare, who was found dead at his flat in Watford, Hertfordshire, yesterday, had spent much of the last weeks of his life 'hiding' in his flat with the curtains drawn.

Last night a friend and neighbour claimed Mr Hoare, 47, had become increasingly reclusive and paranoid in recent weeks.

‘He would talk about someone from the Government coming to get him,' he said.

'He’d say to me, “If anyone comes by, don’t say I’m in”.
---
(much more at link above, though much of it was covered in yesterday's paper)

Update: Rupe now knows much more than James, who can only communicate, it would appear, through practiced set pieces in that odd moment the stars align and someone asks him a question he's been prepped to answer; on the whole, though, he appears as one who wouldn't know his arse from a grieving family of three.

Oh boy, are they sorry though, the two of them, about all that pain someone dealt. A terrible thing someone's done in their name. Bloody awful. What is the world coming to, etc. etc. etc.

Also, James doesn't even know how old the News of the World was, giving the figure "one hundred sixty and, and, some-odd years." (Dude, hint: it was founded in 1843 - you do the math.)

Rebekah Brooks and Les Hinton both thrown under the bus at roughly the same time during today's questioning.
Rupert still inordinately handy at throwing a woman and a 50+ year employee under whatever wheels happen by.

The real kicker is Rupert's hand-wringing ode, at least twice-repeated, to investigative journalism "bringing transparency to a society" even if it inconveniences some. Some, like these two today, who, without a sterling Guardian investigation, would not be sat here today answering highly inconvenient questions. That's an affront to anyone with a brainstem, that little note he keeps playing. An ocean away I can hear England scoffing.

Looks like Rupe and son got PIED! I can't help but laugh a bit...looks like a big cream pie.

LOL. I'm ashamed of laughing, but...it's funny

Best-
Herding Cats

Yes, and I missed it! Had to take dog for a walk to do his duties. Drat! There's footage of it on Sky TV though.

Earlier, LulzSec hacked Murdoch's Sun site:
[video=youtube;1giFdSFUsHA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1giFdSFUsHA[/video]

A part of the Guardian's account of the incident above:
5.01pm: Jane Martinson reports from the hearing: "He was sitting four rows back, calmly walked up with a plate of shaving foam - smacked it in Rupert's face - Wendi intervened."

4.59pm: Reports claim the assailant is a UK Uncut activist.

4.58pm: The BBC's Laura Kuenssberg thinks it's a bandage on the young man's face – Nick Robinson says it is shaving foam and the young man hit Rupert Murdoch with it.

The real kicker is Rupert's hand-wringing ode, at least twice-repeated, to investigative journalism "bringing transparency to a society" even if it inconveniences some. Some, like these two today, who, without a sterling Guardian investigation, would not be sat here today answering highly inconvenient questions. That's an affront to anyone with a brainstem, that little note he keeps playing. An ocean away I can hear England scoffing.

BBM

What great service did RM do to society with his "investigative reporting" obstruct a police investigation into a 13 year old's murder? Tell the world that Prince William had a boo-boo. If he wanted to do some real investigative journalism he should have had his staff investigate him. JMO

"I'm sorry, that's just how it is." - Rebekah Brooks, once again denying knowing a single thing until, oh, a week or
ten days ago. The opaqueness of her testimony makes the Murdoch Show seem a model of transparency. Unbelievable.

She's also fond of saying, "Like I said...."

(Here's a better, BBC live link, btw.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels