My Theory

Ok, I was just asking. You have anymore pics of her? Has she ever done any interviews?

There was a brief interview with her where she proclaimed her father's innocence ,that's why I know what she looks like but I can't find it.
Here she is featured on a police reality show from Memphis.Again it shows how deeply troubled she is.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VDEFwmEg-U"]Amanda Hobbs " Police Women of Memphis" - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like the same one to me:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VDEFwmEg-U"]Amanda Hobbs " Police Women of Memphis" - YouTube[/ame]

Just wanted to comment about the relationship between Damien, Jason and Jessie.

Damien and Jason were high school best friends. Damien had dropped out, getting his GED a little later (not in prison, before he went), but Jason was still in school and a good student in May, 1993. Jessie, who had dropped out of school in the ninth grade, was on the periphery of their circle. They knew him and might have occasionally hung out with him, but they weren't fast friends.

Much has been said about how "if I were Damien or Jason I'd hate Jessie." The fact is that none of us are Damien or Jason. I'm sure that personally I would be very resentful of Jessie. However, I have never seen or read anything to imply that either Damien or Jason felt that way. Possibly, since Jessie has a mental disability, Damien and Jason recognized that his disability was the reason for his statements. BTW, IMO Jessie's mental issues were probably part of why he didn't go to the swanky party on 8/19. He would have probably felt out of place. I'm sure he was much happier at the block party his daddy threw with just family and friends around.

Just wanted to comment about the relationship between Damien, Jason and Jessie.

Damien and Jason were high school best friends. Damien had dropped out, getting his GED a little later (not in prison, before he went), but Jason was still in school and a good student in May, 1993. Jessie, who had dropped out of school in the ninth grade, was on the periphery of their circle. They knew him and might have occasionally hung out with him, but they weren't fast friends.

Much has been said about how "if I were Damien or Jason I'd hate Jessie." The fact is that none of us are Damien or Jason. I'm sure that personally I would be very resentful of Jessie. However, I have never seen or read anything to imply that either Damien or Jason felt that way. Possibly, since Jessie has a mental disability, Damien and Jason recognized that his disability was the reason for his statements. BTW, IMO Jessie's mental issues were probably part of why he didn't go to the swanky party on 8/19. He would have probably felt out of place. I'm sure he was much happier at the block party his daddy threw with just family and friends around.

Thank-you for this post. This is also part of the reason that I think that Jessie acted either alone or with someone other than Damien and Jason. I haven't read too much on theories, only documents and police interviews and such but yeah, I think Jessie was totally invoved. This was a sex crime IMO. I also can't help but wonder about M. Bojangles... this really should have been investigated more!
I think the crime scene was nearby where the boys were found. Could someone have really moved them there? Not without drawing attention I would think. They ran into trouble in those woods. The clubhouse is very important and I think there is something to what Aaron says... part truths. I believe the boys did on numerous occasions spy on people in the woods and this was what they were doing in the woods that day and were caught. Aaron was probably scared as hell because he knew who probably did it because he knew who they were spying on. I don't think he witnessed the murders though.
I have been trying to find Jessie's alibi if he didn't do it. Where was he if he wasn't involved? Wasn't he seen by the woods by himself? I may have missed something in all my reading but I can't find this info.
This is so complex and I am looking forward to start reading all the other theories out there!!

I think the inside out clothing can be explained by someone undressing the 2 boys maybe as they were unconsious. And one boy being forced to undress. Which boy did not have a bike? Did the other two ride ahead I wonder and Stevie was caught alone? Maybe the other boys came back looking for him and met their fate then. So many questions...

Chris is the bikeless boy. He had been seen earlier riding with one of the others, Stevie I believe but it could have been Michael. His brother, Ryan, found his abandoned skateboard in the street when he (Ryan) returned from testifying in court. Here's Mark Byers' raw interview (5/19/93):

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/jmb1.html

Because of the way it's transcribed, it's a little difficult to read, but it's worth the effort. It discusses some of the things I've mentioned before and the whole two bicycle thing, too.

spent alot of time reading and have a few thoughts'
IMO Chris did not hook up with the other two boys until approx 6:30. The last sighting of the boys at RHW is inaccurate. S& M were playing near the entrance of the woods earlier in eve but left and rode back down towards Moore house. encountered Chris and rode towards mayfair apts? Stevie house Spotted by DJ and neighbor.

i dont believe the animal pred theory. I think the boyswere sexually mutilated. the key is only SB and CB. CB was castrated and skinned and SB had lacerations onhis penis. MM nothing. two pairs of udwr was missing. Someone was molesting CB, the bacteria, previous scars is too coincidental.

DJ statements are bunk. He says he seesthe boys at 5pm when TH arrived but that is impossible because CB wasnt with them at that time. after he says he saw them,he says he asked TH where SB is?WTH? he just saw him what would make anyone thing SB was missing?

DJ is key, either he is involved or he is covering. Maybe CB was mutilated the worst is because he had acrush on Amanda? or maybe it wasnt a crush as much as a protective side.

I think WMPD should immed go to the houses where TH and DJ lived at the times of the murder and look for old blood evidence. No way those kids killed in woods if you believe that turtles didnt bite of all CB genitals. if SN lived near, her house should also be looked at. as well as cars.

sorry my post is so retarded, but everytime I make a correction the keyboard eats my letters!!

Some interesting points there, RTC. Just two points to make in return...

after he says he saw them,he says he asked TH where SB is?WTH? he just saw him what would make anyone thing SB was missing?

I think you may be misinterpreting Jacoby's statement. He's on record as saying that usually when Terry, Amanda and/or Pam came to the house they brought Stevie with them. If he saw Stevie outside the house and then Terry and Amanda came inside without him then his "where's Stevie?" question didn't mean that he thought Stevie was missing, just that he was curious why Stevie hadn't come inside.

if SN lived near, her house should also be looked at. as well as cars.

Who is SN?

I'm assuming SN is Hobbs' girlfriend, Sharon Nelson. She made a statement, buried somewhere in an Exhibit, saying that Hobbs told her that he found the bodies "buried underwater" before the police did and just left them there.

This is my theory of what happened, developed after many years of research, reading extensively at callahan's and other sites and influenced by the research of "Paid" at the Blackboard ( www.wm3blackboard.com ) which is temporarily down, crashed I imagine from overload! I will tell it from the perspective of the Hobbs' household, as it is my contention that Terry Hobbs is the guilty party. I'm just going to give you the bare bones. I'll provide documentation when I can get back on the BB since a lot of it is there.

Pam picked Stevie up from school, and they went home. Shortly thereafter, Chris Byers came over to watch a cartoon with Amanda on whom he had a little crush. Michael Moore arrived and asked if Stevie could ride bikes. Pam told Stevie to be back by 4:30 as she had to be at work at 5. (Stevie had made plans to run away and had discussed those plans with Chris and Michael that day at school. He could no longer abide the abuse from his stepfather. His friends had agreed to help.)

Stevie and Michael leave on their bikes. Chris stayed behind waiting for the cartoon (I think it was Muppet Babies) to be over. When the show was over (I believe at 4 pm), Terry had arrived home. Chris left on his skateboard and went home to check in. Shortly after JMB left to take Ryan (his step son) to court to be a witness, Melissa became inattentive and Chris rode off on his skateboard to meet Stevie and Michael.

The three boys were huge fans of Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles. In fact, they had a "secret" hideout - a large volcano style manhole. The plan was for Stevie to spend the night in the manhole and someone would call his grandparents (Pam's parents, Marie and Jackie Hicks) and tell them where he was. In order to get supplies, Stevie had to wait until Terry and Amanda had left to take Pam to work. Pam is worried about Stevie when she leaves, but not overly. It's early May; school is almost out; it's warm outside; she probably figures that he simply lost track of the time.

At about 4:45, Stevie, Chris and Michael go back to the Hobbs' home for Stevie to get supplies. They had two backpacks with them (which IIRC to this day have not been found). I'm assuming one was for clothes and the other for food. Terry and Amanda are gone to take Pam to work. From experience, Stevie knows that Terry will give him permission to play a little longer with his friends. At this time, Stevie also changes into red shorts from the jeans that he wore to school. (This will be important later.)

So, the boys wait for Terry and Amanda to return. (This is probably when Stevie eats some green beans, which explains the green vegetable-like matter found in his stomach at autopsy.) When Terry and Amanda return, Stevie begs to play with his friends a little longer. Terry says yes. By now it's about 5:15 or 5:30. The boys go off to play and Terry and Amanda go to the Jacoby's. This explains why Jacoby says that he saw the boys in the street when Terry came over to play guitars. (According to Jacoby's declaration in the Pasdar case, Terry was at his house from about 5:15 or 5:30 until 6:15 or 6:30 playing guitars. Terry has claimed that, during this time, he and Jacoby are looking for the boys.)

Apparently, Stevie has forgotten something. They make a risky (and as it turns out, fatal) move and try to return to the Hobbs' house at about 6:30. Terry is just getting back from the guitar playing, and he yells at the boys to come home. (This is the Ballard sighting, the latest reputable sighting of the boys.) They all run back to the manhole. Terry, who knows of the manhole (the parents knew that the boys were into TMNT, and Ryan Clark [Chris' half brother] even mentioned searching a manhole, according to Terry in the Pasdar deposition), follows them.

He's angry about Stevie disobeying him, and he intends to punish Stevie. He goes down into the manhole to confront him. At first, I believe that he just tried to humiliate Stevie in front of his friends. Stevie may have been defiant, and Terry just got angrier and angrier. Eventually, he smacks Stevie in the face, knocking him against the side of the manhole where the ladder is.

Stevie is knocked unconscious. I'm not sure if Terry thought he was dead at this point or not, but whether he thought he was dead or not, he knew the other two boys were witnesses to this scene. They try to run up the ladder, and he violently yanks them down, throwing Michael down so violently that he lands on his head on the floor of the manhole. Chris, too, is smacked down to the floor of the manhole. All three boys are on their backs.

Now Terry needs an alibi. He goes back to the Jacoby's (where he's left Amanda) and tells Jacoby that he can't find Stevie and would he help him look. Jacoby dutifully goes and they drive around for a while (maybe 15 minutes according to the Jacoby/Pasdar declaration). Then, Terry takes Jacoby home and says he wants to look one other place.

By this time, the little boys are unconscious on their backs at the bottom of the manhole. Terry goes to check on them, finds them unconscious, and goes back and asks Jacoby to help him search again. I believe that he is trying to confuse Jacoby with all the back-and-forth so Jacoby will agree that Hobbs was with him the entire time.

By now, the other parents are worried about their children. The police have been called, and missing persons' reports are taken on Chris and Michael, but not on Stevie. Terry keeps away from the police at this time. He claims that he searched for Stevie from the time he got back from taking Pam to work until the time that he went to pick her up.

Terry arrives at Catfish Island (where Pam works) around 9:15. He immediately goes in and calls in the missing persons' report on Stevie. When the police arrive, Pam gives her description of Stevie, stating that he was wearing jeans. Terry knows that Stevie had on red shorts. (One witness stated that he saw Stevie in red shorts around 6 pm.) Terry's mind is reeling. He has to do something.

By this time, parents and police are searching for the boys. Someone has told the police that they saw the three boys entering the RHH woods at about 6:30 or so. The search is concentrated there because of the sighting and because it is an area where parents know that boys like to play. It has trees, trails, everything an eight year old boys desires in a play area.

Terry joins the search, being sure that no one but him goes to the manhole hiding spot. He probably checks on the boys and by now knows that they're dead. Pam's parents arrive and join the search. Somehow Terry keeps everyone away from the manhole. Since, by this time, the boys are dead, they're not screaming or anything. There is nothing to alert anyone's attention to the fact that there are three dead or dying little boys in the bottom of a manhole.

Some time while the bodies are in the manhole, scavenger animals (raccoons, snapping turtles, etc.) find the bodies and begin to predate on them. There is a small amount of water in the bottom of the manhole, enough to cause drowning, maybe six inches, but not enough to deter the predating animals. These animals (this is backed up by the testimony of the certified forensic pathologists at the Rule 37 hearing) leave claw marks, bite marks, etc. on the bodies. One, probably an alligator snapping turtle, degloves Chris. Another bites at Stevie, leaving the injury on his forehead. Something (possibly Terry himself) eventually scares them away from the bodies.

Terry continues to bide his time. Sometime around 5 am, when Pam and the Hicks have fallen into an exhausted sleep, he returns to the manhole, intent on moving the bodies because he fears that there might be some evidence in the manhole to connect him with the crime. He has brought with him Stevie's jeans, meaning to change his clothes. However, he discovers that getting clothes off of a dead body is easier than putting clothes on a dead body. So, he takes the red shorts away with the backpacks.

He doesn't want to leave Stevie nude and the other boys clothed. He believes that would call attention to Stevie. So, he strips the other boys, too. (This accounts for Chris and Michael's pants being found inside out while Stevie's were right side out.) Next, he hog-ties the bodies with shoe laces. However, something goes wrong when he's tying Michael's body. Maybe the shoe string breaks. Now he's short a shoe string.

At the time, according to relatives, Terry wore LA Gear knockoffs with double laces, one black and one white. He takes one black lace from one shoe. He tries to bite it in two, but he fails. (This is when and how the incriminating hair gets on the lace.) Then, he remembers Stevie's pocket knife. He takes the knife from Stevie's pocket, cuts the string, and voila! Now he has two strings to use.

When he was younger, Terry worked in his father's slaughter house. He has seen how dead pigs are tied for transport. The two legs on the same side are tied together, with enough slack being left in the rope to make a handy handle. He puts this past learning to use. This explains the unusual manner in which the boys were tied and the reason for it.

First, he takes Stevie's and Chris' bodies to the discovery ditch, only about 200 yards away. He pushes them face down into the murky water and returns for the last body and the clothes. This explains why Michael's body is found a short distance from the other two. On his final trip, he places Michael's body face down in the ditch and secures the clothes with the sticks to keep them from floating to the top. On one of these trips, probably the first one, he leans against the tree and deposits the Jacoby hair (which he picked up on his clothing while playing guitars) on the tree stump.

Unfortunately for Terry, the clothes become dislodged and some rise to the top. The next day, eventually, these clothing items are seen by the searching police and the bodies are discovered. By this time, Terry is convinced that he has gotten away with murder. He even brags about it to his girl friend, Sharon Nelson, telling her that he found the bodies "buried underwater" before the police did. Isn't that a strange turn of phrase?

That's it. That's how I think it happened. I've tried to refer to some of the guideposts that helped me come to that decision. The biggest thing that helped me was "Paid's" Manhole Theory from the BB. Hopefully, the site will soon be fixed so you can see what I mean. Questions?
Where is this documented? If true, it is HUGE, IMO, with regard to motive.

The phone conversation between TH and JMB is indeed very interesting. JMB certainly sounds like he knows more than he's told. Perhaps he willingly gave up his DNA because he knew somehow he wouldn't be linked in that manner.

I'm still curious about the theory here. Theoretically, CR, are you saying that the shoestrings were tied to the boys while down in the manhole and used as a method of carrying them out of there and then to the ditch? At what point are the clothes removed? After they get to the ditch or when? If it's after, then the perp would have had to remove the strings, undress them and tie them back...correct? Just trying to get straight here. Help a poor girl out. I'll try not to ask too many questions.

Like Gitana mentioned in a post I believe the boys were told to undress before the punishment started as part of the punishment.
There is no blood ,no evidence found on any of the clothes as far as I know.

Thank-you for this post. This is also part of the reason that I think that Jessie acted either alone or with someone other than Damien and Jason. I haven't read too much on theories, only documents and police interviews and such but yeah, I think Jessie was totally invoved. This was a sex crime IMO. I also can't help but wonder about M. Bojangles... this really should have been investigated more!
I think the crime scene was nearby where the boys were found. Could someone have really moved them there? Not without drawing attention I would think. They ran into trouble in those woods. The clubhouse is very important and I think there is something to what Aaron says... part truths. I believe the boys did on numerous occasions spy on people in the woods and this was what they were doing in the woods that day and were caught. Aaron was probably scared as hell because he knew who probably did it because he knew who they were spying on. I don't think he witnessed the murders though.
I have been trying to find Jessie's alibi if he didn't do it. Where was he if he wasn't involved? Wasn't he seen by the woods by himself? I may have missed something in all my reading but I can't find this info.
This is so complex and I am looking forward to start reading all the other theories out there!!

http://westmemphisthreediscussion.yuku.com/topic/2221
here's a link to Jessie's alibi.Of course the non supporters will tell you all these people lied for Jessie.

I don't mind questions at all!

I believe that TH undressed the boys in the manhole. I believe that he was attempting to put Stevie's jeans on him, because his mother had mentioned to the police that he was wearing jeans. However, according to one witness, Stevie was wearing red shorts. TH knew that Stevie had on red shorts and was afraid that if he were found in red shorts, Pam would know that he had seen Stevie after he took her to work.

Others have suggested that the witness was mistaken. However, I feel that there must be some reason that the boys were undressed. As the recovered clothing contained no signs of tearing, I think that they had to have been removed before the bodies were moved and before the bulk of the animal predation occurred, especially the degloving of Chris.

I believe that TH brought the jeans to the manhole to attempt to change Stevie's clothes pretty early on. He has a big hole in his alibi around 10 pm. Rigor Mortis begins to set in about two hours after death and starts in the head and works its way down. It takes about eight hours at least for full rigor to set in. At 10 pm, the boys had been dead no longer than two to three hours, but more likely only about an hour as they succumbed to their injuries in the manhole IMO around 9 pm. So, at the time TH tried to redress them, they were "dead weight" but not stiffening yet.

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/rigor-mortis-and-lividity.html

That's my best guess for the time that he went back to the manhole to put Stevie's jeans on him, discovered how hard it is to "dress" a dead body, and, in order not to call attention to Stevie (and therefore himself), undressed all the boys. Then, he left the bodies in the manhole, nude, until he returned later to transport them to the ditch. IMO, it is during this time period that the animal predation occurred. IMO, during the searching that night, he checked on the bodies several times. He could have tied them up in preparation for transport at any of these "check" times, but I don't believe he did.

I believe that the tying did not occur until he was ready to move the bodies at about 5 am the next morning when the boys had been dead about eight hours. The bodies were stiffening, but not totally stiff when he tied them, and all he tied was right ankle to right wrist and left ankle to left wrist, which IMO would be possible with the amount of rigor present at eight hours.

I don't know if it occurred inside the manhole or outside. If inside, that would have provided more protection from being seen. However, outside is possible as he chose this particular predawn hour because of the lack of traffic in the area.

I believe that he decided to move the bodies after the fact. IOW, it was not part of his original plan. I believe that he thought the police would find the bodies in the manhole. When they didn't, I believe that he wanted the bodies found so that Pam could "just get on" with their life together. Also, I believe that he was getting a bit nervous about possible evidence in the manhole. So, the decision to move the bodies was influenced by those two things.

I believe that, if the tying was inside the manhole, the bodies were pulled up with the "grappling hook" found at the scene. However, as I think about it more, it is probably much more likely that he carried the bodies out of the manhole by throwing them over his shoulder and then tied them up for transport to the discovery ditch. He tied them just like he'd seen slaughtered hogs tied for transport while working in his father's slaughter house. He may have even tied a few hogs himself.

I believe that TH made two trips from manhole to ditch (the distance between the two being no more than 200 feet (I may have said yards before, but I believe the distance was feet). I believe that, on one trip, TH carried the bodies of Stevie and Chris, which is why they were found closer together. On the other trip, I believe that he carried Michael and all of the clothes that he could find in the dark. This would account for the missing clothing items, which IIRC are still missing to this day.

Although not important, I believe that he carried two bodies on his first trip. I believe that, while resting by the tree where the stump hair was found, the stump hair (which TH had picked up while "playing guitars" with DJ) came off of his clothing and was deposited on the tree stump. Then, I believe that TH went back to the manhole and got the other body and the clothes, attempting to weight down the clothes by using sticks laying around the area. The clothes surface, or part of them did, whether by accident or design is unknown. However, they showed the Keystone Kops, sorry, the WMPD where the bodies were.

if we take all away what we know away today and pretend the autopsy findings reported:

No mutilation, no sexual perverse reason for boys nakedness and bindings.
just three boys beaten and drown in a ditch. ( God Bless these angels)

if the coroner was wrong and there was no degloving or mutilation, imo it changes everything in the case and everything that was prioritized in the case was wrong.

probably why the 3 are free. i am open. im not convinced of anything. i would like to know if DE or JB ever stated tht JM was a liar and that they never hung out with him , they dont even know him etc....

i think this trio relationship needs a closer look at, who else did JM hang out with during that period? could he be covering for his two closest friends?
Im not discounting TH theory but JM and two others is a good theory a well. JM might be the only guilty one of the three and he is now free.

I have to say I've thought about this myself. I realize JB alledgely confessed to a boy in this same detention center, and DE alledgely confessed to the softball girls, but throwing all that out (there were witnesses on both sides that say yes, he did and no, he didn't with the JB confession - the softball girls weren't even called as witnesses in the trial, so I don't find them any more truthful than the Pros did), I've always wondered if JM changed the names to protect the guilty. I would like to see proof that these 3 hung out together. From all the statements I've read on Callahan's, the 3 knew each other, but didn't really "hang out". Again, from what I've read, it seems to me that JM hung out with some rougher type people than DE and JB. What if JM was there, did the deed, but with 2 other people that he was semi-afraid of. So he threw out JB and DE in place of the real perps, thinking in his mind that he could beat up JB and DE if they stepped to him. All of this is just the ramblings of a mad-woman, of course. :)

I have to say that I was a little shaky on the manhole idea, until I saw the pics on the other page on the larger exits for the manhole (the square ones). I also think that they were tied either in one of those square things or after they were already out (maybe even in the tube, but I don't believe they were brought out through the circle manhole entrance/exit while tied--just seems too awkward). I still believe that there were two people, because I can't get past the two different kinds of knots.

I knew that TH had supposedly told his girlfriend that he had found the boys and just left them there. If this is true, it tells me that he did have time alone while searching, or at least time with his accomplice. Is there one of those square openings just a short distance from the discovery site? I do believe this theory is plausible, because I do believe that someone moved them from somewhere. I do not believe these boys were killed where they were found at all and the tying for transport seems about right. It was such an odd way to be tied that IMO, that wouldn't be the way you would do it to restrain someone and the last of evidence that they even tried to get out of the shoelaces really blows the theory that they were restrained that way, IMO.

ETA: Also, I think that the two different types of knots on them indicated that it was two people and one tied each and they both tied the last together to save time and if they were moving the bodies after the police had already been called, it would make sense that they would want to get in and back out as quickly as possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back