My Thoughts Are With The Anthony Family

I feel deeply sorry for the hurt that Casey has caused so many people around her, especially her parents. It saddens me and sickens me. I hope soon Cindy and George will come out of the denial phase and see their daughter for who she really is. They both know what their daughter is capable of, I just don't think they want to admit it.

I do feel some sympathy for them. This is horrible, horrible, conclusion.

Their lives are shattered and I don't think anything will be whole for them again.

I want to join in saying that my thoughts have been with the Anthony family on this painful day. I join the collective wail here at WS for the loss of precious Caylee. The loss of any child, is such a waste. The loss of another young life in the same family is doubly inconceivable. No one really knows and no one can explain why these tragedies happen. May the Anthony's find the strength they will need to carry them through many more painful days to come.

As a grandmother myself, I can't imagine what the Anthony family is going through. I feel deep sympathy for Cindy, George and Lee because I'm sure they believed through the years that they were doing their best for and with Casey. In their most awful nightmares, they couldn't possibly imagine this scenario and losing precious Caylee. My heart breaks for them, and I can understand how they would be clinging to the tiniest thread of hope that she is still alive.

That said, if Casey were my daughter LE would have to lock her up for her own protection. Right about now I would want to kill her.

I agree with most of you. I've always believed that they were in deep denial that their dtr was capable of something like this. However, with passing time, and these latest reports.. there is no telling what is going through their mind. The shock is enough to put them in a denial mode... not believing she is dead until they see the body. They are hanging onto what little shred of hope they can muster. I feel so much sympathy for them in one way... but in another I can't understand continuing to protect Casey, after everything is laid out for them in this way.
I don't have a dtr... I have a stepdaughter I partially raised. I cannot imagine her doing this, but IF she did... I would not cease to love her... but I would not make excuses for her either. I would want to shake her until she told the truth. I would want to yell and scream at her and yank her hair until it brings tears. There is no limit to what I would want to do to her until I found out what she did. But in the midst of all of it... I would still care about what happens to her... and be heartbroken that she would be taken from us too... and have to go to prison. Mothers love their kids unconditionally.. most of us do, anyway. Which means that you have to forgive them no matter what. I admit that it is a hard task when it's put before you... but God gave us BIG hearts.
I hope this makes sense... I've been up since 4:00 and only on my 3rd cup of coffee!

My prayers are going out to the Anthony Family - and to all those who Caylee has touched in her short time on this Earth. I cant imagine the pain they are going through.

Rest in Peace Caylee...... you are home now

It was those "Fly Home Baby" shirts that did me in. I kept thinking only angels could fly home and George and Cindy deep inside themselves knew she wasn't coming back.

It's so interesting to me to see the people react to stressful events. . .

:rose: Cindy, George and Lee, my thoughts and prayers are with you tonight. You have my empathy and may you swim in the loving memories of Caylee and use them to light your darkest hours.

Ditto: I am a grandmother and my heart goes out to Cindy. I heard the passion for her sweet Caylee in her voice when she made the 911 call. A call most difficult to make against a daughter. As a mother, our children are our children and we will believe in them to the last hope. (You see, we remember them when they were as sweet as Caylee) It is just in our nature. It is our love that causes us to deny the truth. We replace denial with hope. It helps with the pain. I can only imagine the double pain that Cindy is facing to have known deep inside that she might indeed lose them both.

Many our young people are lured into drugs and parties today. I thank God that in my twenties we had high moral values. We have watered down our moral standards as a nation and our children are paying.

George and Lee, I know you too are in pain. My thoughts and prayers for all of you. May the Lord our God restore you to peace. Many feel they know you. Many greive with you.

My heart is broken for Caylee....for the life she was robbed of living, for all of the good she would have done, for all of the contributions she would have made.

Her starting kindergarten, her graduating from middle school, her first dance, her first crush and even her first heart break. For her high school graduation, entering college, her wedding day, the babies she should have been allowed to give birth to, the grandchildren she could have helped raise.

No my thoughts are with Caylee, today not the Anthonys......they are the ones that have allowed this to happen to her...for not making KC be held accountantable for her actions and effects of those actions.

I'm sure the Anthony's are sad, and they should be. They continue to cover for KC, lie for KC, even support KC, and for that, I cannot give them my smpathy.....if they would have forced KC to tell them where Caylee is, made her accountable for her actions, maybe I could then....but not with them still supporting a murderer....

Nope, my heart and thoughts are with Caylee and Caylee alone. I just hope she is found soon and laid to rest properly. She is safer in the arms of JESUS than she ever was here on earth.

Actually my thoughts are for Caylee and Lee too. True innocent victims in all of this. I hold the parents responible for not getting Casey the help she needed. They have and will continue to enable their daughter. hold them just as responsible as I do Casey. They continued to feed their daughter's mental illness and they both should have known better, the father having been a former deputy and mother a nurse. They both have major issues and we only got a glimpse of what it was like in this very dsyfunctional family. When Cindy's brother posted about the parents not even knowing Casey was pregnant that IMO proved just how much in denial they were. This is a sad tragedy no doubt, but people need to wake up in this country about mental illness and do something about it. Clearly Casey is not capable of dealing with things on her own and her parents kicked her out, knowing she did not have a job, or a means of supporting that child. They also knew their daughter partied and even told her best friend, stay away from her she's psychotic. I hold them personally responsibile for what happened to Caylee, because they could have stopped this and they didn't.

It's a shame something like this had to happen to wake the Anthony family up, but I have a feeling they will just go on enabling their daughter and believe that Caylee is still out there somewhere.

LOL Browneyed girl, guess you and I were thinking the same things.

Both Cindy and George are the type of people that come across as rude, brass and unfeeling. I have NO sympathy for them whatsoever, but do feel sorry for Lee the brother.

My heart bleeds for the Anthonys. They have been conned by "the best". They loved their daughter and grandaughter and wanted to believe everything Casey told them. It takes a "big" person to turn their own daughter in to the police. Their lives will NEVER be the same. They have many sad and bewildering days ahead of them. I think they have handled themselves better than most of us would have under such devastating circumstances.

LOL Browneyed girl, guess you and I were thinking the same things.

Both Cindy and George are the type of people that come across as rude, brass and unfeeling. I have NO sympathy for them whatsoever, but do feel sorry for Lee the brother.

Yep, and I kinda get the feeling that we are alone in our thoughts and beliefs, but I'm with you and agree with your post 100%. I too feel that Lees was just caught up in this nightmare and if the truth were told, he probably blames his parents somewhat as well.

Mental illness is a very "covered up" sickness that when left untreated only escalates to outcomes such as this. I'm just glad that she (KC) loves herself enough not to committ suicide and maybe, just maybe, we will be able to bring Caylee home to rest in peace.

Anyways, kudos to you Ned.:)

Actually my thoughts are for Caylee and Lee too. True innocent victims in all of this. I hold the parents responible for not getting Casey the help she needed. They have and will continue to enable their daughter. hold them just as responsible as I do Casey. They continued to feed their daughter's mental illness and they both should have known better, the father having been a former deputy and mother a nurse. They both have major issues and we only got a glimpse of what it was like in this very dsyfunctional family. When Cindy's brother posted about the parents not even knowing Casey was pregnant that IMO proved just how much in denial they were. This is a sad tragedy no doubt, but people need to wake up in this country about mental illness and do something about it. Clearly Casey is not capable of dealing with things on her own and her parents kicked her out, knowing she did not have a job, or a means of supporting that child. They also knew their daughter partied and even told her best friend, stay away from her she's psychotic. I hold them personally responsibile for what happened to Caylee, because they could have stopped this and they didn't.

It's a shame something like this had to happen to wake the Anthony family up, but I have a feeling they will just go on enabling their daughter and believe that Caylee is still out there somewhere.

If you believe the brother, Rick, then what about the rest of what he said?
He said Cindy went to a psychiatrist/psychologist/mental health professional and was advised to kick Casey out and go after custody of Caylee.
I agree with a lot of what has been said about the GP's behavior after the fact, but I do disagree with blaming them for what happened to Caylee. I don't think Casey hurting her before the fact ever crossed their minds, JMO. :)
Lanie

I also believe that the Anthonys new that smell was in the car the first 2 times they called 911 and I think the ONLY reason why Cindy made that statement about the smell was to get LE to her home right away.

If you remember when she called 911 and just wanted to report a stolen car and cash, the dispatch said LE would get there in the next few hours.....Cindy knew how the car smelled at that point and if she wasn't trying to cover for KC once again, why not tell them the on the first call??????

All of this is just my humble opinion...........take it or leave it.

He said Cindy went to a psychiatrist/psychologist/mental health professional and was advised to kick Casey out and go after custody of Caylee.
I agree with a lot of what has been said about the GP's behavior after the fact, but I do disagree with blaming them for what happened to Caylee. I don't think Casey hurting her before the fact ever crossed their minds, JMO. :)
Lanie

Hi Lanie----What I would like to know is what motivated Cindy in seeking professinal help now? After all of these years of thefts, lies and coverups, what was the one thing that made Cindy seek help and professional ideas on how to deal with KC? Did she honestly think that KC would leave and give her Caylee, the one thing that gave KC control over her, Cindy?
Something is just not right with these people....I get the same feeling from the Anthony's that I got from the Peterson's. My hinky meter is blaring.................

I agree with a lot of what has been said about the GP's behavior after the fact, but I do disagree with blaming them for what happened to Caylee. I don't think Casey hurting her before the fact ever crossed their minds, JMO.
Lanie

I hadn't read that, but unless Casey was seeing someone regularly, that advise was probably not the right one. Both parents knew Casey wasn't working. They had to have known that. They also never knew about any babysitter. Just how as Casey supposed to support herself and Caylee. They went about this the wrong way. It's my belief from what we have seen (the interactions of the family) Cindy's rantings in interviews, etc. They complete denial even to this day that Casey did anything wrong, and the obvious covering, saying the smell in the car resembled pizza and cleaner, washing out the child's pants that reeked of death, etc. this behavior indicates a pattern on enabling their child. Therefore they are responsible for allowing Casey to behave the way she has. It wasn't until Cindy smelled what she NEW was a dead body in the back of that car, that she did something about it and turned her daughter in. After that she has been back peddleing. They also forced their daughter to keep this child, and IMO too at that time knew Casey wasn't mentally equipped to handle a child.

<snip>
Nope, my heart and thoughts are with Caylee and Caylee alone. I just hope she is found soon and laid to rest properly. She is safer in the arms of JESUS than she ever was here on earth.

Thank you for your post and I so agree with everything you said. My sympathy lies with Caylee and has from the beginning. The Anthony family has continued to enable Casey throughout this whole terrible ordeal and for that reason alone, I cannot feel sympathy for them. Caylee was a precious baby who never deserved what has happened to her and the life that she had to live.

I certainly don't blame the parents. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Casey was an adult, had a car, had a free roof over her head and was fully capable of getting a job and becoming a responsible individual. Many therapists believe in "tough love" as a way to make people become responsible for themselves. Why was she entitled to a "free pass" in life? She was old enough to bear a child and if she wanted an abortion, she was old enough to get one without her parents permission. The Anthonys wanted to believe everything that Casey said because they wanted their granddaughter to be found alive. Her words were their last thread of hope.

I agree with a lot of what has been said about the GP's behavior after the fact, but I do disagree with blaming them for what happened to Caylee. I don't think Casey hurting her before the fact ever crossed their minds, JMO.
Lanie

I hadn't read that, but unless Casey was seeing someone regularly, that advise was probably not the right one. Both parents knew Casey wasn't working. They had to have known that. They also never knew about any babysitter. Just how as Casey supposed to support herself and Caylee. They went about this the wrong way. It's my belief from what we have seen (the interactions of the family) Cindy's rantings in interviews, etc. They complete denial even to this day that Casey did anything wrong, and the obvious covering, saying the smell in the car resembled pizza and cleaner, washing out the child's pants that reeked of death, etc. this behavior indicates a pattern on enabling their child. Therefore they are responsible for allowing Casey to behave the way she has. It wasn't until Cindy smelled what she NEW was a dead body in the back of that car, that she did something about it and turned her daughter in. After that she has been back peddleing. They also forced their daughter to keep this child, and IMO too at that time knew Casey wasn't mentally equipped to handle a child.

GREAT post, Ned!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back