My Thoughts Are With The Anthony Family

I also believe that the Anthonys new that smell was in the car the first 2 times they called 911 and I think the ONLY reason why Cindy made that statement about the smell was to get LE to her home right away.

If you remember when she called 911 and just wanted to report a stolen car and cash, the dispatch said LE would get there in the next few hours.....Cindy knew how the car smelled at that point and if she wasn't trying to cover for KC once again, why not tell them the on the first call??????

All of this is just my humble opinion...........take it or leave it.

Good point Browneyedgirl. I believe that too. I believe BOTH George and Cindy knew immediately what that smell was, and when police didn't immediately respond to her first call, she panicked. Casey has had a pattern of lying and stealing for years. "There is something not right with this family" Those are my sentiments exacly, just like with the Peterson's we see a 'picture' emerging of unhealthyness.

I thought this would be the most appropriate place to put this...I didn't write it but thought it fits...

Today there will be silence
Today there will be silence mom,
no crying will you hear.
I didn't mean to anger you,
I just wanted you near.

Today there will be sleep again,
I won't cry out in vain.
The nights I needed comforting,
were filled with hurt and pain.

How could someone so big and strong,
strike out at little me?
I was a gift, your little girl,
unwanted now, I see.

Today there will be love at last,
l on angels wings I'll soar.
Way up high, above the clouds,
through heavens golden doors.

So momma, say a prayer for me,
for the life I'll never know.
I just wish you could have cared for me,
for I would have loved you so..

Author Unknown

I certainly don't blame the parents. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Casey was an adult, had a car, had a free roof over her head and was fully capable of getting a job and becoming a responsible individual. Many therapists believe in "tough love" as a way to make people become responsible for themselves. Why was she entitled to a "free pass" in life? She was old enough to bear a child and if she wanted an abortion, she was old enough to get one without her parents permission. The Anthonys wanted to believe everything that Casey said because they wanted their granddaughter to be found alive. Her words were their last thread of hope.

YellowDog: If an adult mentally challenged person (say someone with downsyndrom), who was under the care of their parents was thrown out of their home without any means of supporting themselves, commited a crime, would you blame the mentally challenged person or the parents or both? Have you read the story of Seung-Hui Cho, who committed the ungodly acts at Virginia Tech? This mentally disturbed man had a history of mental illness, to the point that teacher had him thrown out of their classes. Some teachers were afraid of him, Students avoided him. But his parents ENABLED him. They fed his mental instability by doing NOTHING about it, until unfortunately he snapped one day, which is exactly what happened in this case. The Anthony's are responsible for not getting the help their daughter needed, IMMEDUATELY. For some reason mental illness in this country has such a stigma to it, that peopl would rather ignore it then to do anything about it, Even Cho's relatives would say, "there just wasn't something right with that kid". Well guess what? Parents, friends, neighbors, students, teachers, strangers need to STOP ignoring signs of mental illness and do something about it. Although tragic, I was glad that the Britney Spears drama played out on television so people could see how devestating mental illness could be and guess what? Her parents did something about her, before she hurt herself or her children. The Anthony's on the other hand covered for their daughter

Casey certainly does not have Downs Syndrome. Casey has "me me me" syndrome. How do we know the parents never had her evaluated until recently?

Good point Browneyedgirl. I believe that too. I believe BOTH George and Cindy knew immediately what that smell was, and when police didn't immediately respond to her first call, she panicked. Casey has had a pattern of lying and stealing for years. "There is something not right with this family" Those are my sentiments exacly, just like with the Peterson's we see a 'picture' emerging of unhealthyness.

I totally agree, Ned. I remember when my second son, Rion, stole a pair of $.99 sunglasses and I didn't know until we got home and he showed them to me. I put in back in the car, drove him straight to the store, and made him explain to the manager what he had done. He was completely mordified and embarrassed, but needless to say, none of children have ever stolen anything again and if they did, I would do the same thing.

I believe that as parents we have a great responsibility to our children, but we also have to be responsible to others around us and we are accountable, to a certain degree, with what our children do. It is up to us parents, to make sure that when our children are being raised they are raised to become a productive member of society and us (parents) not holding them accountable as children for lieing, stealing or any type of hurt they bring to others, they will not learn that as adults their actions are their own.

I've always applauded parents that have the strength and courage to turn their children over to the police when the need arises to do so, I can only imagine how painful that must be to do, but there are times when it needs done.

I think that if KC's parents hadn't enabled her for her entire life, she wouldn't be the focus of our daily news.

Casey certainly does not have Downs Syndrome. Casey has "me me me" syndrome. How do we know the parents never had her evaluated until recently?

Yellow Dog, I don't know that. But what I do know is that Casey had a history of lying and stealing as far back as Jr. HS according to her friends. So in the same way parents should be responsible for childen with Downs syndrome or other disabilities, parents of mentally ill children cannot just send these children off into the world and hope they can defend and support themselves. Again, the stigma of mental illness in this coutry leads many parents to "ignore" the signs, however in this case, the Anthony's did more than just ignore them, they enabled her and covered for her, at a time they most certainly knew their granddaughter was in danger. They FED this and unleased it. I do hold them responsible. But this is my personal opinion. I think was happened is horrible. But I do not think the Anthony's are innocent in this tragedy at all, they played a part. I do have sympathy for Lee.

I totally agree, Ned. I remember when my second son, Rion, stole a pair of $.99 sunglasses and I didn't know until we got home and he showed them to me. I put in back in the car, drove him straight to the store, and made him explain to the manager what he had done. He was completely mordified and embarrassed, but needless to say, none of children have ever stolen anything again and if they did, I would do the same thing.

I believe that as parents we have a great responsibility to our children, but we also have to be responsible to others around us and we are accountable, to a certain degree, with what our children do. It is up to us parents, to make sure that when our children are being raised they are raised to become a productive member of society and us (parents) not holding them accountable as children for lieing, stealing or any type of hurt they bring to others, they will not learn that as adults their actions are their own.

I've always applauded parents that have the strength and courage to turn their children over to the police when the need arises to do so, I can only imagine how painful that must be to do, but there are times when it needs done.

I think that if KC's parents hadn't enabled her for her entire life, she wouldn't be the focus of our daily news.

EXACTLY. that's what a responsible parent does. The Anthony's were NOT responsible and in fact enabled this child. I especailly like your last quote. As a parent the Anthony's should have gotten the help Casey needed years ago. True, we don't know if they had tried. I guess I would have more sympathy for them if we knew they had or didn't try to cover for thier daughter, which they clearly have and now with them still denying that Caylee is dead, is just sickening to me. It just proves how messed up they are.

Yellow Dog, I don't know that. But what I do know is that Casey had a history of lying and stealing as far back as Jr. HS according to her friends. So in the same way parents should be responsible for childen with Downs syndrome or other disabilities, parents of mentally ill children cannot just send these children off into the world and hope they can defend and support themselves. Again, the stigma of mental illness in this coutry leads many parents to "ignore" the signs, however in this case, the Anthony's did more than just ignore them, they enabled her and covered for her, at a time they most certainly knew their granddaughter was in danger. They FED this and unleased it. I do hold them responsible. But this is my personal opinion. I think was happened is horrible. But I do not think the Anthony's are innocent in this tragedy at all, they played a part. I do have sympathy for Lee.

Sorry Nedthan, but I have to disagree with you. Many people lie and steal and are not considered mentally ill. I think Casey has a pretty high IQ and won't be surprised if a mental evaluation proves that. Maybe she's just a bad person. We know she's self-centered. I still have extreme sympathy for the parents. How can you feel like they enabled her when her mother was the very one who turned her in and said "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car"?

Hi Lanie----What I would like to know is what motivated Cindy in seeking professinal help now? After all of these years of thefts, lies and coverups, what was the one thing that made Cindy seek help and professional ideas on how to deal with KC? Did she honestly think that KC would leave and give her Caylee, the one thing that gave KC control over her, Cindy?
Something is just not right with these people....I get the same feeling from the Anthony's that I got from the Peterson's. My hinky meter is blaring.................

It has been my opinion Casey's behavior problems started somewhere around the time of the pregnancy, and I have yet to see anything to make me think differently. This is where I get my opinions on this from. So I'm looking at a time frame of 4 years, and I doubt it started out full blown. I don't think it is so far-fetched to think the GP's first blamed this on the pregnancy, then on being a new mother. Also, from the filing of the divorce papers, it looks like GP's had their own personal problems as well at this time, and we're talking about Casey, who at minimum was 18 when she got pregnant. Why would her parents be monitering her 24/7, she is a legal adult, for God's sake. All but one of my kids are legal adult age, I will give them advice from time to time, asked for or not, but I don't run their lives, it's not my job anymore. I have also had marital problems, and it can make a person very self-absorbed. Seeing as my kids were adult age, I allowed myself that privilege. There have also been reports of fights overheard by the neighbors, total enabling means nothing to fight about. I truly believe GP's did the best they could, and finally reached the breaking point of being overwhelmed. It is a fact Cindy called the police while having Casey in the car, trying to deliver her to the police station to have her arrested. That also is not enabling, that is trying to make Casey take responsibility. Just because what they did didn't work, IMO, doesn't mean they are to blame.
As far as forcing Casey to tell the truth, trained proffesional LE were not able to make Casey tell the truth, locked in jail for over a month. Why should the parents be any more successful?
Again, I am not happy with the way GP's have behaved since, but still don't know if that has made an overall difference in how this has turned out.
Lanie

Lanie, I agree that the parents had been trying to make her responsible for a long time. Not too many parents would feel right about supporting a grown daughter with a baby who was out partying every night, sleeping with every Tom, Dick and Harry, stealing from them and lying about everything while both of them were out working to pay the bills and put food on the table. I think having her leave the house was an attempt by the parents to try to make her take responsibility for herself. And, I'm sure this situation did put a strain on the parents' marriage. Even with all the love in the world, sometimes kids just go awry.

I hadn't read that, but unless Casey was seeing someone regularly, that advise was probably not the right one.

Well, in hindsight, obviously not, but it was advice given by a professional mental health care person, so again, I don't see how Cindy is at fault for taking it. IMO, she wouldn't have sought help if she still believed she knew 100% what she was doing.

Both parents knew Casey wasn't working. They had to have known that.

Why? Casey was an adult. She said she had a job, she left, she came back. Were they supposed to follow her? She even told LE she worked at Universal, and didn't fess up until they were down the hallway heading for her imaginary office.

They also never knew about any babysitter. <snip>

They didn't have details of the babysitter, but Casey told them she had one, they thought she was going to work, why would they doubt that until right at the end?

They went about this the wrong way. <snip>

Yeah, that's pretty obvious NOW.

They complete denial even to this day that Casey did anything wrong, and the obvious covering, saying the smell in the car resembled pizza and cleaner, washing out the child's pants that reeked of death, etc. this behavior indicates a pattern on enabling their child.

This is after the fact. Rick says there was a big fight about the money stolen from Cindy's parents. Friends say Casey said Cindy was controlling, that is not enabling. Cindy was taking Casey to jail for money theft and auto theft, that is not enabling.

Therefore they are responsible for allowing Casey to behave the way she has. It wasn't until Cindy smelled what she NEW was a dead body in the back of that car, that she did something about it and turned her daughter in.

You can't prove that. IMO, Cindy didn't even know about the smell until right before the last 911 call. I can't prove that. When Cindy smelled the car hasn't been substantiated.

After that she has been back peddleing. They also forced their daughter to keep this child,

They forced a 19-year-old adult to keep her child? How? Kio got this info from Casey, she never spoke to Cindy or George directly, so that is at best 2cd hand info.

and IMO too at that time knew Casey wasn't mentally equipped to handle a child.

Mine in red. Also, it is a fact Casey did have a job, and when she lost that job, she lied to her friends about it, and they all believed her, too. Yes, I do believe parents have a responsibility to raise their children to be productive members of society, but imo Casey's bizzare behavior manifested in the last 4 years. After she was of age. There is not a lot a parent can do at that point.
Lanie

I really love you all here, however right now I am clearly disappointed as a human being that some of you would take a thread entitled such as this to rant. Please allow this thread to be what it was entitled and not a slamming match..Open another thread for that and allow those who would like to give their wishes to this family, be able to..
:blowkiss:

I feel so badly for Casey's whole family. I really dont believe that they had anything to do with it either before or after the fact. Put yourself in their shoes. What if it was your lying, thieving, bratty daughter? I mean before whatever happened to Caylee. I know I have some rotten adult kids myself and I still want the best for them, I still try to guide them, I still continue to believe that they can change for the better and have loving productive lives. I have been let down more times than I can tell you but I would also have a very hard time believing MURDER of my own children. I am not saying that it cant happen, I am saying that we as parents tend to give more our children chances to change than we would a stranger/ friend.
I hope that you all keep this in mind when bashing these parents. Until the evedence says they had anything to do with it, please be fair. Their hearts are so broken.! And now they are coming to the realization that their precious grandaughter is probably dead! I might lash out too if in their shoes. I'm not saying it's the right reaction, maybe it's all they know how to do faced with all of this!

cayleeandgpge2.png

Caylee's grandparents look fondly upon their granddaughter in that photo. I wish I could turn back time to this moment. At first I was appalled at how they were behaving, but now that it's been confirmed poor Caylee is no longer alive, my steam has subsided. Cindy and George have done and said things I don't agree with, but I never would wish this sad situation upon them, or anyone. I really hope they can come to terms with reality.

I regret startinG this thread and I pray none of you ever know this heartache and have people judge your every move.

I am requesting the thread be deleted.

Sorry Nedthan, but I have to disagree with you. Many people lie and steal and are not considered mentally ill. I think Casey has a pretty high IQ and won't be surprised if a mental evaluation proves that. Maybe she's just a bad person. We know she's self-centered. I still have extreme sympathy for the parents. How can you feel like they enabled her when her mother was the very one who turned her in and said "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car"?

Yellow Dog, I started a sepearte thread on this titled "who should be reponsible for this crime." Which is really at the heart of this whole case. Most people who have a mental illness have high IQ's especially in cases of bipolar. Read my thread and you will learn more about why I know so much on this. It's my belief that the Anthony's failed to seek medical help for their daughter when a CLEAR pattern of mental illness emerged, long before Casey murdered Caylee. Who then is responsible, the mentally ill person who as you claim is just a "bad person". or the parents of that person, who failed to give her the medical attention she needs? The mother turned her in, but since has tried to cover for Casey and has had a "non confrontational attitude" towards her daughter since. Even now they are denying that the decomposition is that of Caylee when DNA proves it. These parents are continuing to enable this child.

Lanie: Both her childhood friend and Kio stated that even in her teens Casey would lie. I think this started way before the pregnancy. Certainly the enabling started before then because even when Casey showed up 7 months preg to a relatives wedding the parents did not acknowledge she was. I think the pregnancy and issues related to it sparked a manic episode in an already unstable teen fostered in an unhealthy relationship with her parents. You said “Why would her parents be monitering her 24/7, she is a legal adult, for God's sake.” Exactly. A legal mentally ill adult. Do parents of legal mentally challenged children stop providing for their children when they turn 18? NO. So why is it different when we are dealing with the mentally ill?

You also stated: I truly believe GP's did the best they could, and finally reached the breaking point of being overwhelmed. It is a fact Cindy called the police while having Casey in the car, trying to deliver her to the police station to have her arrested. That also is not enabling.

I disagree, The GP’s did not do the best they could IF they failed to provide medical care for Casey. If it can be proven that years of this mental instability existed in Casey and the parents went as far as warning others that she was Psychotic, IF THEY FAILED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT (we don’t know yet for 100% certain the did not) should they be held liable even if Casey is over the age of 18. True Cindy finally called the police on Casey and when the police started to build a case around Casey, Cindy recanted her earlier statement about smelling a body in the car and has enabled her child from failing to have her face reality. All of the Anthony’s including the father and son have and still continue to enable Casey. I think we should continue this discussion on my new thread.

I regret startint this thread and I pray none of you ever know this heartache and have people judge your every move.

I am requesting the thread be deleted.

Honey, I feel your pain. I am deeply saddened by what has occured in this family. And if I may, THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS THREAD, I KNOW IT WAS DONE WITH THE BEST OF INTENTIONS AND AGAIN I ASK THAT MEMBERS PLEASE RESPECT THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD!!!
A PRECIOUS CHILD IS DEAD, FOR GOD SAKES, ALLOW SOME TO GRIEVE AND SHOW THEIR SYMPATHY WITHOUT THE RIDICULE AND BLAME..:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back