Mysterious Message on the Door

The DOOR MEESAGE.......

I keep thinking that the only think that makes sense is the person who wrote the message would've CENTERED the 2 lines before writing thus the original message was:

HE SAVED
YOU SAVE
All the rest was added on later and went far right on both lines. What does it mean? Have no clue except my strong belief AS was in a drug induced Ambien state and it made sense to him at the time but then thought or someone with him thought it was too revealing.

We may be getting O/T here but I'm not understanding what you mean about why Jonah pointed out Rebecca's ex-hubby as a potential murderer to the cops. Because he and Dina spied on each other and their partners and he might have been jealous of Rebecca's ex?

It's not really important. I could just see Neil as a salient character in Jonah's mind.

I tend to think he used this knowledge to his advantage and to gain upper hand over Dina. No doubt Jonah's and Dina's post divorce settlement had to be redrafted because Jonah no longer had to pay her child support. I am sure he put a lot of thought into how to get rid of her once and for all with minimal financial implications. Dina went into poorly controlled enraged rants on TV shows, badmouthed poor dead Rebecca and her minor sister, yet not even once she said one single word against Jonah. That's what I would call Damocles' sword over someone's head:)

In regard to Jonah's role in the whole investigation - We have to assume he told the police that him and Rebecca were practicing bondage, therefore it was not shocking that she knew how to tie those knots.

If he would've told them she never knew how to use a rope, never knew how to tie boat knots - the whole investigation could take a totally different direction. We do not know for sure if they were or were not practicing it because normally people do not share details of their intimate encounters even with the closest friends or relatives. I can't recall Mary ever commenting on Rebecca's knowledge of boats and ropes. But the whole Jonah's attitude toward Rebecca after her death was very distanced. His comment about her being "wonderful and unique person" is very lukewarm. She was full of life and beauty, died such a horrific death, and got one line statement written for Jonah by his PR firm. Very sad.

I agree with you on all counts. It's been nagging at me lately why Jonah is so silent in Rebecca's death. Of course, I've heard some insider stories that Dina has something on Jonah with respect to his pharmaceutical dealings. So I suspect fraud worth $Billions of dolares. This is speculation.

But it seems likely that either Dina has this Damocle's sword over him OR he is in on the kill because he so quickly accepted the suicide rulings. It seemed he was notified by Adam early Wed morning at around 6:30am with the false narrative that "Rebecca hung herself" and then, without batting his eyes, Jonah immediately telephoned Dina to repeat the suicide message!

QUESTIONS: Do we know if Jonah called Dina BEFORE the cops spoke to him Wed, or did he call Dina IMMEDIATELY after Adam's SINGLE TEXT to him that morning about Rebecca?

Also, what exactly were Jonah's first words to Dina re: Rebecca?
Was it "Rebecca hung herself"? Or was it something ambiguous like "The police think she might have hung herself"? Or "They suspect she hung herself"?

I think those crucial first words he made to Dina are SUPER CRITICAL in determining whether he was complicit in Rebecca's murder.

Thus far, we do know that when the cops spoke to Jonah and asked whether there was anyone who wanted to do Rebecca harm, he quickly pointed the blaming fingers at Rebecca's ex-hubby! WTH Especially coming from Jonah who knows about Dina's history of domestic violence and also Dina's hatred and jealousy of Rebecca! Why did Jonah NOT call attention to Dina as a POI? WHY did Jonah turn a blind eye to Dina being a POI? Was it because Jonah believed Rebecca deserved what she got?

So IDK. Either Jonah was involved in Rebecca's murder or Dina has something CATASTROPHICALLY HUGE over Jonah so huge he would sacrifice Rebecca and his integrity and morals.

It's not really important. I could just see Neil as a salient character in Jonah's mind.

I was thinking similarly since we're not Jonah and are only speculating about his state of mind.

But Jonah's real MOTIVE for blaming a completely innocent man like Rebecca's ex is important in that it'd help us determine whether or not he was complicit in Rebecca's murder.

The DOOR MEESAGE.......

I keep thinking that the only think that makes sense is the person who wrote the message would've CENTERED the 2 lines before writing thus the original message was:

HE SAVED
YOU SAVE
All the rest was added on later and went far right on both lines. What does it mean? Have no clue except my strong belief AS was in a drug induced Ambien state and it made sense to him at the time but then thought or someone with him thought it was too revealing.

A poster had suggested awhile back that perhaps Rebecca was forced against her will to paint the first "S" by her murderer(s). I think the poster might even have been Betty P :)

I'm not a graphologist, but to me, all the S's look alike, including the first one except that the first "S" seemed to have been made when there was not enough ink on the paintbrush and there was some hesitation in painting the S -- which could mean as the other poster had said that someone was being forced to make the "S" OR it could simply mean the culprit was drunk and didn't realize she needed more ink than she had put on the brush. :scared:

I was thinking similarly since we're not Jonah and are only speculating about his state of mind.

But Jonah's real MOTIVE for blaming a completely innocent man like Rebecca's ex is important in that it'd help us determine whether or not he was complicit in Rebecca's murder.

Well, we don't know how Jonah felt about NN. Maybe he just came to mind for the reasons I suggested. Honestly, I'm back to keeping it simple. I don't think Jonah paid Dina off or threatened her or covered up for her over the murder. It makes sense to me that Dina would just keep her mouth shut about him anyway for a number of reasons. Jonah could have had dirt of her we don't know about or she doesn't want to open up the domestic violence stuff again, or whatever. It may all have already been in the divorce agreement also. My bet is that the marriage ended with him having the balance of power for the most part.

As far as we know, Jonah offered up Dina as a suspect too.

He may have tried to help Adam though and therefore even hoped it would be ruled a suicide (not that Adam is or isn't guilty of anything but to avoid a mess - that, to me, seems like Jonah's MO).

Do we have a quote about Jonah saying NN should be looked at as a suspect?

Well, we don't know how Jonah felt about NN. Maybe he just came to mind for the reasons I suggested. Honestly, I'm back to keeping it simple. I don't think Jonah paid Dina off or threatened her or covered up for her over the murder. It makes sense to me that Dina would just keep her mouth shut about him anyway for a number of reasons. Jonah could have had dirt of her we don't know about or she doesn't want to open up the domestic violence stuff again, or whatever. It may all have already been in the divorce agreement also. My bet is that the marriage ended with him having the balance of power for the most part.

He may have tried to help Adam though and therefore even hoped it would be ruled a suicide (not that Adam is or isn't guilty of anything but to avoid a mess - that, to me, seems like Jonah's MO).

Rebecca was divorced not long ago (I think in Jan or Feb 2011?) and possibly stalking ex who wouldn't let go when woman apparently moved on is a very real suspect for a police. I am not trying to imply NN was a stalker or a threat - from what I read about him, he seems to be a pretty sweet guy who never said anything bad about her either. But for the investigation purposes, he had to be considered as possible POI. I do not recall that it was JS who offered him as a suspect.

I agree with almost everything you've said here except BBM.

According to Ann Rule's book*, Jonah only offered up Rebecca's ex as a suspect. AR never once mentioned Jonah giving Dina or any other POI's name up to the cops. And I don't recall reading anywhere on MSM that Jonah had said Dina may be a POI.

Also, I can understand Dina not blaming Jonah; he's like her monetary & social status lifeline. But Jonah not pointing fingers at Dina in Rebecca's death is what makes me suspicious of him.

*IDK the exact page but I specifically recall reading it there.

Also, I can understand Dina not blaming Jonah; he's like her monetary & social status lifeline. But Jonah not pointing fingers at Dina in Rebecca's death is what makes me suspicious of him.

I absolutely agree and I find his silence really puzzling. He could really smash her like a bug, but instead he played along to protect her.
If message on the door was directed at him, then he cannot be involved in murder. Another plausible explanation - Adam is somehow involved and he is trying to keep him out of trouble. But then Adam was the one who found Rebecca and he ruined the plan of murderers on how the body of Rebecca should be found - they definitely wanted it to be discovered from the inside of the mansion, hence the message on the door. Could he truly NOT to remember what happened last night due to Ambien?

I agree with almost everything you've said here except BBM.

According to Ann Rule's book*, Jonah only offered up Rebecca's ex as a suspect. AR never once mentioned Jonah giving Dina or any other POI's name up to the cops. And I don't recall reading anywhere on MSM that Jonah had said Dina may be a POI.

*IDK the exact page but I specifically recall reading it there.

Well, I would still like to read the transcript of the interview. It doesn't have anything to do with Anne Rule's writing, probably, I don't have it right here so can't look. But is it possible LE said to Jonah, "Is there anyone else we should consider outside of....." or something of the sort?

At any rate, maybe Jonah thought he had to mention someone. IDK. Maybe he didn't want to point the finger at Dina knowing if he did she might bring down Adam with her? Just being the devils advocate.

Well, I would still like to read the transcript of the interview. It doesn't have anything to do with Anne Rule's writing, probably, I don't have it right here so can't look. But is it possible LE said to Jonah, "Is there anyone else we should consider outside of....." or something of the sort?

At any rate, maybe Jonah thought he had to mention someone. IDK. Maybe he didn't want to point the finger at Dina knowing if he did she might bring down Adam with her? Just being the devils advocate.

Ok, this is the best I can do. Unfortunately I'm unable to get a hold of the actual police interviews of Jonah, but here are excerpts from Ann Rule's book:

"Asked if he could think of anyone who might have wanted to hurt Becky, or might be obsessed with her, Jonah pondered that. “She was an extremely beautiful woman,” Palmer said. “Was there anyone who stalked her?”

“Her ex-husband contacted her almost every day,” Jonah said. “His name is Evan Solanev.* He lives in Arizona. He texts her and they’re not creepy but kind of strange. Like, ‘Can we have lunch?’ and ‘I’ll do anything.’ He’s very religious, but he seems to be well on the other side of wanting her back. She showed me his messages. They were married for three and a half years. He was studying to be a nurse, and Rebecca is— was— a nurse.”

Asked about Becky’s friends, Jonah said her older sister, Mary Loehner, was her best friend, and that Becky didn’t have close friends in Coronado. “She took our Weimaraner, Ocean, to the park often. He’s protective— but not aggressive. We had a guard dog but it died last year, and we’re looking for another.” “Any particular reason?” “No. No threats or anything like that. We tried one out two weeks ago, but it didn’t work out.”

Rule, Ann (2012-11-27). Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors (Ann Rule's Crime Files) (pp. 195-196). Simon & Schuster, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

~~~~~
BBM. On another note, why would Jonah state that Rebecca was a nurse when she was an optical tech?

Also, why did Jonah and Rebecca want a new guard dog two weeks before Rebecca was murdered IF they didn't feel threatened? IMO, if the police had done a thorough investigation, they'd have found that it was Jonah's ex-wife Dina that Jonah and Rebecca wanted a guard dog to protect them from.

I want to add to my above post re: guard dog that Jonah and Rebecca were seeking only two weeks prior to Rebecca's murder.

Why would there be a need to get a guard dog IF NOT for PROTECTION against a PHYSICAL THREAT such as a STALKER ex (e.g., Dina) when they already had Ocean the dog for over a year? Guard dogs are trained to ATTACK and DEFEND owners. Watch dogs are simply to alert of potential danger.

I tend to think he used this knowledge to his advantage and to gain upper hand over Dina. No doubt Jonah's and Dina's post divorce settlement had to be redrafted because Jonah no longer had to pay her child support. I am sure he put a lot of thought into how to get rid of her once and for all with minimal financial implications. Dina went into poorly controlled enraged rants on TV shows, badmouthed poor dead Rebecca and her minor sister, yet not even once she said one single word against Jonah. That's what I would call Damocles' sword over someone's head:)

In regard to Jonah's role in the whole investigation - We have to assume he told the police that him and Rebecca were practicing bondage, therefore it was not shocking that she knew how to tie those knots.

If he would've told them she never knew how to use a rope, never knew how to tie boat knots - the whole investigation could take a totally different direction. We do not know for sure if they were or were not practicing it because normally people do not share details of their intimate encounters even with the closest friends or relatives. I can't recall Mary ever commenting on Rebecca's knowledge of boats and ropes. But the whole Jonah's attitude toward Rebecca after her death was very distanced. His comment about her being "wonderful and unique person" is very lukewarm. She was full of life and beauty, died such a horrific death, and got one line statement written for Jonah by his PR firm. Very sad.

BBM - A significant reminder, Jonah's PR firm Sitrick and Company also happens to be the SAME firm used by the County of San Diego. There are listed as clients. What a coincidence.

“Her ex-husband contacted her almost every day,” Jonah said. “His name is Evan Solanev.* He lives in Arizona. He texts her and they’re not creepy but kind of strange. Like, ‘Can we have lunch?’ and ‘I’ll do anything.’ He’s very religious, but he seems to be well on the other side of wanting her back. She showed me his messages. They were married for three and a half years. He was studying to be a nurse, and Rebecca is— was— a nurse.”

Asked about Becky’s friends, Jonah said her older sister, Mary Loehner, was her best friend, and that Becky didn’t have close friends in Coronado. “She took our Weimaraner, Ocean, to the park often. He’s protective— but not aggressive. We had a guard dog but it died last year, and we’re looking for another.” “Any particular reason?” “No. No threats or anything like that. We tried one out two weeks ago, but it didn’t work out.”

Rule, Ann (2012-11-27). Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors (Ann Rule's Crime Files) (pp. 195-196). Simon & Schuster, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

~~~~~
BBM. On another note, why would Jonah state that Rebecca was a nurse when she was an optical tech?

Also, why did Jonah and Rebecca want a new guard dog two weeks before Rebecca was murdered IF they didn't feel threatened? IMO, if the police had done a thorough investigation, they'd have found that it was Jonah's ex-wife Dina that Jonah and Rebecca wanted a guard dog to protect them from.
Ok I am bit confused now - who is Evan Solanev? I thought Rebecca's ex husband name was Neal Nalepa?
As far as calling Rebecca a nurse, lay people often use term "nurse" in regard to any medical professional who is not a doctor - medical assistant, surgical tech etc. By the way, "nurse" is a protected title and it is a felony to call yourself a nurse if you haven't gone to nursing school and don't have a training qualifying you as such, but general public is using this term very liberally.

Ok, this is the best I can do. Unfortunately I'm unable to get a hold of the actual police interviews of Jonah, but here are excerpts from Ann Rule's book:

"Asked if he could think of anyone who might have wanted to hurt Becky, or might be obsessed with her, Jonah pondered that. “She was an extremely beautiful woman,” Palmer said. “Was there anyone who stalked her?”

~~~~~

Oh, thank you so much, I think I remember that. It hink it's really odd that Mr. Nalepa (aks Evan Solanev) was trying to be in that much contact with Rebecca. I would certainly have mentioned an ex who did that as a potential suspect.

And, I notice he calls Ocean their dog.

I guess Dina would have known the "guard dog" was no longer around?

Ok I am bit confused now - who is Evan Solanev? I thought Rebecca's ex husband name was Neal Nalepa?
As far as calling Rebecca a nurse, lay people often use term "nurse" in regard to any medical professional who is not a doctor - medical assistant, surgical tech etc. By the way, "nurse" is a protected title and it is a felony to call yourself a nurse if you haven't gone to nursing school and don't have a training qualifying you as such, but general public is using this term very liberally.

Thanks Zoot. It just seemed odd that Jonah, a lawyer, who should have known better, would refer to Rebecca as a "nurse" knowing the potential for misrepresentations and the types of legal violations that may be involved. But who knows? Maybe he "misspoke" or maybe the cop "misheard" like when doggy daycare owner said Rebecca told him her teen sister XZ was her "daughter"... *shrugs*

Re: Neil Nalepa, Rebecca's ex-hubby. Ann Rule used aliases for some of the people in the case. I think it's because she couldn't get their legal consent to publish their real names in her book. She also used aliases to refer to children such as XZ, Rebecca's teen sister, and also Jonah's teen children, GS and ES.

Oh, thank you so much, I think I remember that. It hink it's really odd that Mr. Nalepa (aks Evan Solanev) was trying to be in that much contact with Rebecca. I would certainly have mentioned an ex who did that as a potential suspect.

And, I notice he calls Ocean their dog.

I guess Dina would have known the "guard dog" was no longer around?

I don't want to belabor the point but of all the stalkers Jonah could have named, he should have named his ex-wife Dina who had a DOCUMENTED history of domestic violence -- actual numerous police reports wherein he was physically injured by her, including a broken finger and Dina lunging at him, putting her hands around his neck, and attempting to strangle him.

Rebecca's ex, Mr. Nalepa, on the other hand, did NOT commit any such violence upon Rebecca and there were NO police reports on him of any kind.

So for Jonah to volunteer Mr. Nalepa's name to the cops as opposed to immediately giving Dina's name is very very odd. Why was Jonah protecting Dina?

One question I have is did Jonah see the actual painted message on the door before he gave this interview to police offering Mr. Nalepa as a POI in Rebecca's murder? If so, that's even more of a telltale sign about his potential complicity in the murder with Dina.

P.S. Yes, you hit the nail on the head, Time! Dina would have definitely known the guard dog they had previously had passed away since that was the same one she had named in police reports as having attacked her while defending Jonah. WOOF-WOOF!

Bourne, very good point! Did Jonah share details about the situation with Dina and Rebecca? Jonah knew Dina had been researching Rebecca's background. IIRC, Dina also liked to paint. Too obvious pieces of evidence right in front of Jonah's face. Did Jonah even mention the likely rage Dina had towards Rebecca after Maxie's fall and the quest for answers by Nina? Did Jonah tell LE Dina forbid Rebecca to see Max in the hospital?

Bourne, very good point! Did Jonah share details about the situation with Dina and Rebecca? Jonah knew Dina had been researching Rebecca's background. IIRC, Dina also liked to paint. Too obvious pieces of evidence right in front of Jonah's face. Did Jonah even mention the likely rage Dina had towards Rebecca after Maxie's fall and the quest for answers by Nina? Did Jonah tell LE Dina forbid Rebecca to see Max in the hospital?

And let's not forget that Nina borrowed JONAH's car for some reason, instead of taking the car of her close-knit twin sister Dina's on Tuesday night. If Dina was at the hospital and didn't need her car Tuesday into Wednesday, why did Nina not borrow Dina's car? One can only logically assume it's because Dina's car (and likely Dina) was already gone from the hospital.

Jonah certainly was aware that Nina (and Dina) were gone from the hospital where he sat vigil by Max's side. Why did he not suspect Dina/Nina as being involved in Rebecca's murder? Why did he not give up their names to cops as POIs? WHY?!!!! :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious
Back