Mystery: Who removed the memorials? UPDATE The A's and the Milsteads that's who

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that they plant trees etc...in her honor...as much as I understand the sentiment behind mementos and stuffed animals...they are not realistic for a permanent memorial. And likely because of the smelly mass they were removed...probably the Home Owner's Association, or some waste removal from the school.

In Texas, people mark sites of accidents where life was lost along the highway with decorated crosses which hold up really well.

But stuffed animals and items like that...not so much. You are better off donating a new toy like that to shelters, etc...in her honor. Planting a tree is a living tribute. But then again, it is just my opinion. I always wondered like if all of those toys had been donated to a shelter or a sick child in the hospital, instead of rotting away outside...how many more lives could have been impacted in a positive way. Caylee can't be impacted...any more. JMO...not trying to offend anyone.

Don't they have a home assoc for that area, maybe they cleared it?. I am sure some neighbors must have complained about the smell and other problems in the area. They complained about the press and so I would assume they would complain loudly about overgrown lot that smelled and where people were dumping trash.

I would love nothing more than to see a beautiful playground built on that land called "Caylee Memorial Park". Where children can laugh, run & play! That would be a wonderful way of honoring her.

How bout a wishing well in Caylees name?...from which donations could go to local shelters for toys for kids...just an implusive idea...I'm known for them...lol...;)

I would love nothing more than to see a beautiful playground built on that land called "Caylee Memorial Park". Where children can laugh, run & play! That would be a wonderful way of honoring her.
Me too! I think that would be a very fitting tribute to Caylee, her spirit is probably still there and it would be turning a horrible site into something beautiful and a permanent remembrance of a little girl who didn't deserve her fate.

They also claim that Casey was the mother of the year... :)

I'm going with the standard: Cindy ordered Lee to go clean it up..

I went to Caylees official myspace page this am and MB is closing it tomorrow at midnight. You are directed now to go to he CMA foundation website which I did and was visitor 481. That sites been up awhile to have only 481 hits. I now think Michelle was directed to take it down to coincide with taking everything else down that won't make the A's $$$.

I have no idea who did so but have the following thoughts on the matter.

1) My hats off to whomever cleaned it up! They say it had deteriated over the months to a soggy smelly mess including wet stuffed animals & flowers and cards and signs as well as trash and other debris. Caylee deserves a better memorial than that. And way to go doing it in the middle of the night and without looking for the public spotlight!

2) And by the way, if someone could go in there and clean that all up between 10pm Mon and 1am Tues and not be noticed then it certainly shows that KC could have dumped Caylee there without being noticed too.

3) If the landowner isn't unhappy about the clean-up and the A's aren't unhappy about it and the County isn't unhappy about it, does it really matter if they had the "right" to do it? And as far as those who may have dropped off a stuffed animal or flower to show their respects to Caylee, would any of them have expected that animal or flower to last forever?

Excellent point!

I will admit, even if the stuffed animals and other things were old, that the removal of any gifts left at the site where Caylee's remains were found, rubs me the wrong way, IF these gifts were removed by anyone connected to the A's. It's a painful reminder of the time Lee stormed out of his house and picked up flower's, gift's left for Caylee, handling them like they were TRASH. George has said, more than once, that he doesn't want a memorial for Caylee in the area off of Suburban. Well, of course they wouldn't want any reminders of where Caylee's body decomposed for six months, they would rather act like Caylee was just a missing child, ignoring all of the facts surrounding her death. There are many people, especially in Orlando, that do want to leave gifts at the spot where Caylee was found. It's more than remembering a life taken too soon, I believe (for the people that leave gift's at the site off of Suburban) it's about remembering a beautiful child, and the senseless murder she suffered at the hands of her mother. So many cared for this child, many of them searched for her as well, and I believe they should have a say in the way Caylee is remembered.

I will admit, even if the stuffed animals and other things were old, that the removal of any gifts left at the site where Caylee's remains were found, rubs me the wrong way, IF these gifts were removed by anyone connected to the A's. It's a painful reminder of the time Lee stormed out of his house and picked up flower's, gift's left for Caylee, handling them like they were TRASH. George has said, more than once, that he doesn't want a memorial for Caylee in the area off of Suburban. Well, of course they wouldn't want any reminders of where Caylee's body decomposed for six months, they would rather act like Caylee was just a missing child, ignoring all of the facts surrounding her death. There are many people, especially in Orlando, that do want to leave gifts at the spot where Caylee was found. It's more than remembering a life taken too soon, I believe (for the people that leave gift's at the site off of Suburban) it's about remembering a beautiful child, and the senseless murder she suffered at the hands of her mother. So many cared for this child, many of them searched for her as well, and I believe they should have a say in the way Caylee is remembered.

Cindy also bashed a cross with a baseball bat against Caylees playhouse.
I have no input as to who may or may not have removed the memorial, but I don't mind. I would rather see a permanent memorial for Caylee, soon.
Maybe not at that particular site, but perhaps a playground or something in her honour.

Agree with ya, there was a discussion about this months ago or it could have be weeks, I don't remember but suggestions were many. Anything donated to any organization that isn't endorsed or involved with the A's would be appropriate as I see it.

I think it is sad that all the items were taken from the site and IMO it was someone that wants that area to be forgotten since the trial is around the corner. I agree that some of the items did need to be removed due to the condition they were in from what has been said. But there were other items like the wooden cross that could of stayed. From what I hear it will be put up again. Someone from that area is making wooden crosses to put back at the sight with a rosary and Caylee's name. She purchased extra wood to make extra crosses in case it gets taken down she will put up another one. How long that will last who knows, but if the owner of the property does not mind I feel it should be left alone if it a clean memorial in honor of Caylee.
Someone here also mention the timing and made a very good point. The same way someone was able to take all the items out of there without being seen, well the same way Casey or whom ever put Caylee's body there did without being seen. I was watching coverage on another case where they have a camera in the subdivision where the POI lives. I wish there was a camera in that subdivision as well, maybe Caylee would of been found much sooner.

I think it is sad that all the items were taken from the site and IMO it was someone that wants that area to be forgotten since the trial is around the corner. I agree that some of the items did need to be removed due to the condition they were in from what has been said. But there were other items like the wooden cross that could of stayed. From what I hear it will be put up again. Someone from that area is making wooden crosses to put back at the sight with a rosary and Caylee's name. She purchased extra wood to make extra crosses in case it gets taken down she will put up another one. How long that will last who knows, but if the owner of the property does not mind I feel it should be left alone if it a clean memorial in honor of Caylee.
Someone here also mention the timing and made a very good point. The same way someone was able to take all the items out of there without being seen, well the same way Casey or whom ever put Caylee's body there did without being seen. I was watching coverage on another case where they have a camera in the subdivision where the POI lives. I wish there was a camera in that subdivision as well, maybe Caylee would of been found much sooner.
It would be so nice if someone could put a fitting memorial for Caylee at the site. To be honest, part of my emotions concerning this has been shaped by anger at the A's, there has just been so much disrespect shown to many people, good people, like Tim M, for starters. But the disrespect they have shown their beautiful Granddaughter trumps everything else they have done.

It would be so nice if someone could put a fitting memorial for Caylee at the site. To be honest, part of my emotions concerning this has been shaped by anger at the A's, there has just been so much disrespect shown to many people, good people, like Tim M, for starters. But the disrespect they have shown their beautiful Granddaughter trumps everything else they have done.

I just got the picture of the new cross that is going up, I don't know how to add pic's so I will describe it best I can. It's a light purple with Caylee written on it. It has a dragon fly at the top of the cross, two butterfly's on each side and 2 flowers at the bottom. It should be up sometime this weekend.

As a parent I wouldn't want any type of reminder that my young child would see twice a day going and coming from school where a toddler was found murdered.

I just got the picture of the new cross that is going up, I don't know how to add pic's so I will describe it best I can. It's a light purple with Caylee written on it. It has a dragon fly at the top of the cross, two butterfly's on each side and 2 flowers at the bottom. It should be up sometime this weekend.

Is this at the site? I hope not. And who is "sponsoring" this .... Maybe the church where her memorial service was held could have it on their property ...... just thinking out loud.

As a parent I wouldn't want any type of reminder that my young child would see twice a day going and coming from school where a toddler was found murdered.

Is this at the site? I hope not. And who is "sponsoring" this .... Maybe the church where her memorial service was held could have it on their property ...... just thinking out loud.
I didn't think about the school being so close to the area. IDK, I tend to think that most children that go to that school know about Caylee and where she was found...? I really don't see the harm with a respectful memorial there to remember Caylee.

I never liked the memorial people put together there. To me it is a sad place of where her remains were found. To me not so much a happy place to think about beautiful Caylee. I think a beautiful playground somewhere else, named after her. But not where she was found after being murdered.

If I had some sort of say in these kind of matters, I would want a butterfly garden in honor of Caylee. There are tons of native flowering plants that support the butterfly population. It would be pretty & fitting.

As for who cleaned it, my initial thought was that it was LA, but the more I pondered, the more I realized it was most like any number of neighbors who were just downright sick of it. I know someone who lives in the neighborhood, and I recall him telling me what an eyesore it was from the very beginning. It must have been a rotting stinking mess by the time it was cleaned up.

As for the "right" to clean it up, I would say that there was as much right to clean it as there was to create it in the first place.

The very best plan would be for the land to lay fallow for five years, and then a young mother would buy it, build a house, and love her baby dearly and with care.

Blaise

I thought the area was flooded again. Can anyone confirm? I saw a picture on one of the local TV station web sites but I can't find it now.

I thought the area was flooded again. Can anyone confirm? I saw a picture on one of the local TV station web sites but I can't find it now.

I recall hearing the same thing. I'll see if I can find confirmation. If so, I'll update his post.

ETA: Photo from WESH site shows site post clean-up; article dated 5.27.2009. You can see the standing water just a few feet from the tree line.

http://www.wesh.com/image/19580478/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member