Mystery: Who removed the memorials? UPDATE The A's and the Milsteads that's who

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be so nice if someone could put a fitting memorial for Caylee at the site. To be honest, part of my emotions concerning this has been shaped by anger at the A's, there has just been so much disrespect shown to many people, good people, like Tim M, for starters. But the disrespect they have shown their beautiful Granddaughter trumps everything else they have done.

Does anyone know what happened to the sale of the property? Was it blocked just because the A's didn't want LP to purchase it? Then the offer fell through or what?

Was it ever determined what could be put on the site permanently? The wooden crosses that had been put up shouldn't have deteriorated over just a few months. Sadly I understand the paper and toys end up breaking down quite quickly and don't belong outside making the area look like a trash heap. IMO toys should go where they can be used and papers shouldn't be left outside at all unless someone will take charge of it. (I'm sure mid June and again for Caylee's BDay it might get crazy!)

I know how people feel, my moms plot was purchased under a tree, I had put some wind chimes in it, as had others. A couple years after she passed the mortuary removed the tree, they just trashed all the wind chimes and suncatchers people had left (I am out of state and am not able to go to the spot very often. So it really bothered me) They got so many complaints they have since planted another tree, but I have no idea when I will be able to go and put a new windchime...

I recall hearing the same thing. I'll see if I can find confirmation. If so, I'll update his post.

ETA: Photo from WESH site shows site post clean-up; article dated 5.27.2009. You can see the standing water just a few feet from the tree line.

http://www.wesh.com/image/19580478/detail.html

Thanks. Maybe the flooding prompted the removal of the memorial. I remember one of the locals saying that area stayed flooded all summer. The water will probably rise even more during the summer months.

Isn't this land someone's private property.I understood they were trying to sell it for 89,000 dollars? I don't think the owner lives in Orlando but does have a real estate agent there. Wouldn't there be an objection to putting anymore memorial items on the property? Just sayin

I just got the picture of the new cross that is going up, I don't know how to add pic's so I will describe it best I can. It's a light purple with Caylee written on it. It has a dragon fly at the top of the cross, two butterfly's on each side and 2 flowers at the bottom. It should be up sometime this weekend.

that sounds very pretty, i hope we'll be able to see it sometime soon.

If I had some sort of say in these kind of matters, I would want a butterfly garden in honor of Caylee. There are tons of native flowering plants that support the butterfly population. It would be pretty & fitting.

As for who cleaned it, my initial thought was that it was LA, but the more I pondered, the more I realized it was most like any number of neighbors who were just downright sick of it. I know someone who lives in the neighborhood, and I recall him telling me what an eyesore it was from the very beginning. It must have been a rotting stinking mess by the time it was cleaned up.

As for the "right" to clean it up, I would say that there was as much right to clean it as there was to create it in the first place.

DaughterAlice, I like the way you think. :) I always think a butterfly garden is a perfect living memorial. Beautiful, natural and most everybody enjoys the sights one brings.
I also think the new lavander cross would be lovely as well. in a butterfly garden too.)
imo, the tributes are nice, and people need to be free to express themselves, but they do have to be looked after and when things begin to degenerate then a clean up is needed.
That doesn't say things can't be placed there once again.....as long as the land owner agrees of course.

At my own home we have rose bushes in honor of Laci and Conner, a butterfly garden in honor of a sweet boy named Larry and this year I planted some flower bulbs with Caylee in mind.
:blowkiss:

My 2 Cents...

If a permanent memorial is going to be built in Caylee's memory I don't think the spot where her murderer chose to dump her body is the right location.

Not for any particular reason,,,,,,

I just Feel that another location would be more appropriate.

My thought is a large replica of her playhouse (furniture and all) that will allow several children at a time to play in be put up at J. Blanchard Park. No name. Everyone will know.

My thought is a large replica of her playhouse (furniture and all) that will allow several children at a time to play in be put up at J. Blanchard Park. No name. Everyone will know.

Excellent thought.

that sounds very pretty, i hope we'll be able to see it sometime soon.

Sad to say the cross was put up yesterday around 7:30PM and today it's gone. The lady was pretty upset that someone came and took it down, so she is going to put up another one tonight. I wonder why the one she put up yesterday got taken down. It was just a simple cross with Caylee's name, made out of fresh wood and painted. I hope they don't take this one down again tonight.

Sad to say the cross was put up yesterday around 7:30PM and today it's gone. The lady was pretty upset that someone came and took it down, so she is going to put up another one tonight. I wonder why the one she put up yesterday got taken down. It was just a simple cross with Caylee's name, made out of fresh wood and painted. I hope they don't take this one down again tonight.
That smacks of Lee and the Anthony's. I'm not Christian, but even I have the respect not to remove a cross...

As a parent I wouldn't want any type of reminder that my young child would see twice a day going and coming from school where a toddler was found murdered.

I am in 100% agreement! To recall a murdered child in such a way as to revitalize her spirit with a living legacy in her name for the purpose of
strengthening other children is beautiful. To call children's attention to the site of her disposed remains is not only indelicate, it's macabre.

Caylee was a happy, dancing, smiling, eyes-twinkling, You-are-my-sunshine-singing child who loved life and people. Please, let's not reduce her to a
perpetual experience in masochism.

That smacks of Lee and the Anthony's. I'm not Christian, but even I have the respect not to remove a cross...

Not only the cross but any property that does not personally belong to me.

Sitting here thinking that regardless of where any type of memorial is placed, people will associate it with the A's and that no doubt has many Orlando folks irritated.

Not only the cross but any property that does not personally belong to me.

Sitting here thinking that regardless of where any type of memorial is placed, people will associate it with the A's and that no doubt has many Orlando folks irritated.

I may get slammed for this, but, I would not feel comfortable putting anything back on the lot on Suburban after it has been cleaned up, because that is not my property. I would not keep trespassing and insisting on putting a cross or bear or flowers on that property. If I needed a site to place mementos at, I would purchase one for my yard and place anything I wanted there. Having that reminder there where other small children have to see it is wrong in my opinion. I wouldn't want to have to keep explaining to a small child what it meant. So, if you need the comfort of a memorial place, make one on your own property, or just make one in your heart.

I got to say if I lived in this neighborhood, I would not want to be reminded of it day after day of Caylee's death. I think if people feel they want to do something-buy that stuffed animal and donate it to a children hospital. Donate money to a park for playground equipment-do something where living children will benefit. Donate money to Tim Miller, donate your time to another children's group. Not to seem harsh, but Caylee is not the first and won't be the last child murdered, by a family member. You can keep her and other murdered children in your heart by doing something for the living children who could use alittle love, I for one, don't like driving somewhere and seeing crosses on the side of the road, where someone as died.

Even if the anthonys did play a role in the removal of the memorial items, so what?

If any of us go to visit a loved ones grave, and find withered flowers or mushy, wet keepsakes, we would remove them out of respect for the deseased too.
And if it was removed by the owner of the land, then he has every right to do so, but probably wouldnt admit it because of the irrational, and highly emotional backlash that would ensue.

This is so much ado about nothing IMO.

Verité;3816477 said:
As to the question posed at the beginning of this thread, "Who" removed the memorial, the following link may provide an answer as to the
role of the Anthony's attorney in said removal.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19581546/detail.html# I have a feeling someone reads here, unless the actions of the this poster was shared on other Caylee forumns. As far as the entire memorial being taken down I have a feeling someone gave orders to move debrie. possibly tojd in the same way DC was asked to go to that area. Obviously we can cross off a psychic in this senario. "We didn't do it" seems to say, "Somebody we know who knows someone had the items removed because they felt as if Caylee spirit is with us in our home." Last part of that statement was actually said by GA. It appears to me throughout this case that when the A's bring in a third party it always back fires on them time and time again. DC said the A's didn't do it, but are glad it is gone. His comment (if this was said at all) that they didn't know who removed it may be a bit of truth. We all know the A's disgust for the memorial was extremely bothersome, so putting the word out that it is a go for clean up may have been mentioned by a third party after bc voices the A's concern and a fourth person actually moves it. <3 That whole news statement makes me feel as if CA thinks she pulled a"Ms Smarty pants". I can just here CA say to BC, "Now thats what we hired you for," They have probably encouraged BC to get the accessible all terraine vehicle to get down and dirty into the muck of deny, deny and play like your obblivious. <3

Even if the anthonys did play a role in the removal of the memorial items, so what?

If any of us go to visit a loved ones grave, and find withered flowers or mushy, wet keepsakes, we would remove them out of respect for the deseased too.
And if it was removed by the owner of the land, then he has every right to do so, but probably wouldnt admit it because of the irrational, and highly emotional backlash that would ensue.

This is so much ado about nothing IMO.

bold by me: so, what ????? Just another lie to add to the others from the A's IF the A's did contribute or direct the removal of the items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member