Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interesting comments, especially about Brad checking his "club" purchases.

I was continuing to read in other areas also, hoping for something new.

I had not fully read all the comments on the "Find Nancy" blog before. A poster "anonymous” asked twice who the last person to see Nancy alive was.
http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/2008/07/map-of-searched-areas.html

Finally, a person responded who I figured out was Diane Duncan by tracing her email back to her personal blog. She said, “Her husband and elder child saw her leaving for her run Saturday morning.”

Now, if this is what the police were told also, it puts a more interesting twist on the idea that Brad did not want anyone else around the kids for a while. More than ever, I wonder if the police "talked with" Bella before Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also, it may tighten the timeline a bit. Maybe Brad did make those "innocent" trips to the market. Maybe he was becoming increasingly annoyed. Maybe when he arrived home the second time, Nancy told him the girls were his responsibility as she was painting that day. Maybe he lost it. Bella may have already said "Good morning" to Mommy. Perhaps during the ensuing argument Brad struck Nancy and "that was it." Perhaps she had already put her purse in the car in preparation for her departure. Maybe this altercation took place in the garage....You can hypothesize about the rest fairly easily. :confused: :confused: I guess I'm looking at another possibility...that's all.

Thanks Tinks56.

So in the neighborhood it has been told that Bella did indeed see Nancy that morning. The only one who could have told that was Brad or Bella. No telling if it is true or not but if it is true that Bella saw her that morning it is indeed interesting.

Thanks Tinks56.

So in the neighborhood it has been told that Bella did indeed see Nancy that morning. The only one who could have told that was Brad or Bella. No telling if it is true or not but if it is true that Bella saw her that morning it is indeed interesting.

In BC's affidavit he says that some of their (his & Nancy's) friends watched the girls while he assisted the police and/or searched. I wonder if any of the friends heard it directly from Bella.

Really interesting comments, especially about Brad checking his "club" purchases.

I was continuing to read in other areas also, hoping for something new.

I had not fully read all the comments on the "Find Nancy" blog before. A poster "anonymous” asked twice who the last person to see Nancy alive was.
http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/2008/07/map-of-searched-areas.html

Finally, a person responded who I figured out was Diane Duncan by tracing her email back to her personal blog. She said, “Her husband and elder child saw her leaving for her run Saturday morning.”

Now, if this is what the police were told also, it puts a more interesting twist on the idea that Brad did not want anyone else around the kids for a while. More than ever, I wonder if the police "talked with" Bella before Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also, it may tighten the timeline a bit. Maybe Brad did make those "innocent" trips to the market. Maybe he was becoming increasingly annoyed. Maybe when he arrived home the second time, Nancy told him the girls were his responsibility as she was painting that day. Maybe he lost it. Bella may have already said "Good morning" to Mommy. Perhaps during the ensuing argument Brad struck Nancy and "that was it." Perhaps she had already put her purse in the car in preparation for her departure. Maybe this altercation took place in the garage....You can hypothesize about the rest fairly easily. :confused: :confused: I guess I'm looking at another possibility...that's all.

You are right! I just checked it appears to be Diana Duncan. Would she say NC oldest daughter saw her when she actually didn't?

Could this be the reason Diana's husband didn't do an affidavit like I keep asking about? If it is like my house my husband would say..he washes the car, mows the grass, works for the income....and he doesn't listen to the chit chat that occurs between women? Or is it because he feels no way BC would do this?

This does make one wonder why she would state Bella saw her mom Sat. morning.:waitasec:

In BC's affidavit he says that some of their (his & Nancy's) friends watched the girls while he assisted the police and/or searched. I wonder if any of the friends heard it directly from Bella.

Very possible, would not be the first time a child has had some things to say that were important.

You are right! I just checked it appears to be Diana Duncan. Would she say NC oldest daughter saw her when she actually didn't?

Could this be the reason Diana's husband didn't do an affidavit like I keep asking about? If it is like my house my husband would say..he washes the car, mows the grass, works for the income....and he doesn't listen to the chit chat that occurs between women? Or is it because he feels no way BC would do this?

This does make one wonder why she would state Bella saw her mom Sat. morning.:waitasec:

That information was posted before Nancy's body was found.

It's impossible, without some confirmation, to know where Diana received the information. I think she was telling the truth as she knew it. It could have come from Brad or ?????? It's really sad that Brad was so hateful in the rebuttal affidavit about the Duncan's and their son. I'm sure that "Mr. Duncan" might have something to say to or about Brad now.

Brad definitely did not want others around his daughter's on the Saturday that Nancy "went missing." I wonder where the children were on Sunday and Monday.

IMO, the information gathered from a 4-year-old might not hold much weight legally, especially in a court of law. Some kids that age are spot on, while others are barely aware of their surroundings.

Saturday morning cartoons are often allowed in the most TV-restrictive households. There are all kinds of possibilities if this information is true.

I'd be interested in knowing if Bella was still a car "napper." (I'm assuming that Katie was.) Certainly, having both girls snoozing could have been to Brad's advantage if he had things to take care of on Saturday afternoon.

It's impossible, without some confirmation, to know where Diana received the information. I think she was telling the truth as she knew it. It could have come from Brad or ?????? It's really sad that Brad was so hateful in the rebuttal affidavit about the Duncan's and their son. I'm sure that "Mr. Duncan" might have something to say to or about Brad now.

Brad definitely did not want others around his daughter's on the Saturday that Nancy "went missing." I wonder where the children were on Sunday and Monday.

IMO, the information gathered from a 4-year-old might not hold much weight legally, especially in a court of law. Some kids that age are spot on, while others are barely aware of their surroundings.

Saturday morning cartoons are often allowed in the most TV-restrictive households. There are all kinds of possibilities if this information is true.

I'd be interested in knowing if Bella was still a car "napper." (I'm assuming that Katie was.) Certainly, having both girls snoozing could have been to Brad's advantage if he had things to take care of on Saturday afternoon.

The police met BC at the house after he says conducted his own search. Jessica Adam and Mary Anderson were there, too. So, the girls might have been around others in the afternoon on Saturday. We only know from the affidavits that he dismissed Jessica Adam's offer to watch the girls while he conducted his search (wherever that was and whatever he did).

Sheriff Harrison confirmed she was found in the dirt.
I think they were draining the small storm drain basin with the idea he possibly disposed of some evidence there. Remember the rumor going around Cisco that she was stabbed ? He could have strangled her at home and then tried to 'stage' her body at the dump site with stab wounds or a slit neck. With this evidence, the cops would naturally ask , "where was the blood in the house and his car...looks like a random murder ":waitasec:
Maybe they thought they would find a knife tossed in the water.....had to dispose of it quickly, as too risky to bring in the car.

There is a reason Brad and his attorney want this autopsy released ASAP, Brad knows exactly what it says.....hmmmm

if he stabbed her at the pond, the wounds would be post mortem unless she was in the process of dying when he dumped her at the pond.

was brad really scheduled to play tennis w/ someone at 9:30am?

his tennis racket may have sitting out somewhere in the house. when he and nancy started to fight after she returned home from the party, he may have grabbed the racket and beat her to death w/ it (striking her in the temple or throat).

the tennis racket may have been what was in that tall brown sack being carried out by the investigator.

The police met BC at the house after he says conducted his own search. Jessica Adam and Mary Anderson were there, too. So, the girls might have been around others in the afternoon on Saturday. We only know from the affidavits that he dismissed Jessica Adam's offer to watch the girls while he conducted his search (wherever that was and whatever he did).

it is strange that he rejected her offer to watch the girls. was he thinking of fleeing at that time w/ the girls?

the autopsy may reveal a rape (by a man or instrument)

That information was posted before Nancy's body was found. It's impossible, without some confirmation, to know where Diana received the information. I think she was telling the truth as she knew it. It could have come from Brad or ??????

I agree....that's probably all she knew at the time based more than likely on what Brad told them and at that point she had no reason to doubt whether it was true or not.

If NC was still alive at 7 AM why would BC have needed to purchase detergent at 4 AM?

Quote:

Bringing this over here. I spoke to my lawyer friend who deals w/ family law stuff. He said that if an attorney knows that the other side is represented, it is common courtesy to give a heads up to the other attorney that there is an Emergency Custody Hearing scheduled.

This is not a common case imo. I don't think we know if Brad had his own divorce attorney. We do know he has retained a criminal attorney.
I can certainly see why Stubbs wouldn't extend that courtesy in this case.

Maybe you can ask your lawyer friend, if s/he had a client like the grandparents under these circumstances (daughter murdered and alleging that the husband/father is mentally unstable) if s/he would give a heads up.

"Possible" - yes.

But from what I recall...and given your proclivity to so wildly speculate some basic knowledge, recollection, or quoting of the known facts sure would be nice...

Her body wasn't IN the retention pond, which my recollection of pics even if it was the pond is no bigger than 9x9.

A retention pond is built in new construction to RETAIN runoff from our heavy thunderstorms so a bunch of mud from cleared lots doesn't get into streams. A retention pond of this type would only be deep enough for a body to sink out of view after LOTS of heavy rain.

The simple answer is they had the mud puddle drained to see if a WEAPON was in there.

i've seen pictures of the pond. it held water enough to cover a body. was nancy bigger than 9x9? the answer is no. sheesh.
theories are discussed on crime boards, not all fall within linear thinking.

eta: raisincharlie said this:
(snipped) "I also went back and read some things and found an interesting article at WRAL. The article indicated that Sheriff Donnie Harrison indicated the body was indeed laying in the dirt. Cary PD reported the body as being in the pond. So I think one must go with the agency that actually recovered the body which would be WCSO under Sheriff Harrison.

So my apology for questioning - I think you all are correct in your theories of where Nancy was found. " http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2446963

Thanks! I wonder what everyone did telll the girls before Nancy's body was found. I don't know for certain how I would have approached a situation like this. I think I would have avoided talking about Nancy's missing status with the girls around.

I wonder if Nancy was planning to take the girls with her when she went to paint. Did she take them earlier when she painted as Jessica's or were they in pre-school? So many questions...:confused:

a judge allowed the testimony of the grandmother who testified during the murder trial that her 2 yr old grandson said "Mommy is in the rug."

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/13519625/detail.html

the same issue affects the michelle young case, where her 2 yr old is heard on the 911 call twice saying, "Daddy did it."

nancy's daughters looked very alert at her memorial. i wonder what they
have reported to friends and the police about what they saw (if anything).

I've been thinking about the North Face jacket mom mentioned a couple of days ago......she didn't come right out and say it but, I'm assuming he was seen wearing one in the store video tape and/or possibly an employee(s) remembered that detail. I didn't think too much of it at the time she mentioned it but, today it dawned on me......why the heck would he be wearing a jacket in July? If NC weather is anywhere near like it is here......it's too dang hot for a jacket, even at night.

I know it was discussed about him wearing long sleeve shirts in summer but then I think we pretty much came to the conclusion maybe it wasn't that unusual since we noticed, in photos of the detectives coming out of the Cooper's residence, that they too had on long sleeves.

In regards to wearing a jacket on a summer night.......maybe he was trying to cover up something after all......especially if his arms were scratched up before he started searching for her.

This is not a common case imo. I don't think we know if Brad had his own divorce attorney. We do know he has retained a criminal attorney.
I can certainly see why Stubbs wouldn't extend that courtesy in this case.

Maybe you can ask your lawyer friend, if s/he had a client like the grandparents under these circumstances (daughter murdered and alleging that the husband/father is mentally unstable) if s/he would give a heads up.

Yes, He said he would.

Edited to add, regardless of whether it was criminal attorney or divorce/separation, he was represented and the family was aware he was w/ the attorney on the day of the hearing. The practice he uses does have listed that they do deal w/ family law issues.

Sorry to bombard the board but my mind is on full throttle right now since I wasn't around to post yesterday. :crazy:

It would be interesting to know is BC was wearing the same clothes, and possibly hat, during the 4 AM store trip and the 6-7 AM trips. One would assume he more than likely paid cash for the 4 AM purchase so as not to leave a paper trail on his credit card. And, if that was the case......if LE does believe they have him on video at 4 AM BC and/or his attorney could say they were mistaken and that it wasn't BC. BUT....if he was wearing the same clothes as he had on in the 6-7 AM trips.......he'd have a hard time splaining that. Hope all that makes sense....LOL.

Of course we don't know for a fact he was at the store at 4 AM so I'm just going on what mom has told us. Mom.....if you do run across this post.....would you (or your friend) happen to know if he was wearing the same clothes during all three trips???

Sorry to bombard the board but my mind is on full throttle right now since I wasn't around to post yesterday. :crazy:

It would be interesting to know is BC was wearing the same clothes, and possibly hat, during the 4 AM store trip and the 6-7 AM trips. One would assume he more than likely paid cash for the 4 AM purchase so as not to leave a paper trail on his credit card. And, if that was the case......if LE does believe they have him on video at 4 AM BC and/or his attorney could say they were mistaken and that it wasn't BC. BUT....if he was wearing the same clothes as he had on in the 6-7 AM trips.......he'd have a hard time splaining that. Hope all that makes sense....LOL.

Of course we don't know for a fact he was at the store at 4 AM so I'm just going on what mom has told us. Mom.....if you do run across this post.....would you (or your friend) happen to know if he was wearing the same clothes during all three trips???
Good points about the clothing, assuming he's actually on a video at 4am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member