Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the HT. I know the 24 hour one at Cameron Village only has the self-checkout open before 7am (unless they get a backup at the self-checkout). Does the one at Crescent Commons operate the same way?

Good points about the clothing, assuming he's actually on a video at 4am!

True panthera.......you can tell I'm putting faith in what mom has told us so far and she is very adamant about it. Hopefully her source has not exaggerated or mislead her in any way.

True panthera.......you can tell I'm putting faith in what mom has told us so far and she is very adamant about it. Hopefully her source has not exaggerated or mislead her in any way.
I want to believe her too, and really it wouldn't surprise me if he was out both times that morning. :)

Yes, He said he would.

Doesn't make sense to me in this particular instance. So if Brad killed himself and/or the children as a result, the lawyer just be happy that he'd done his duty by extending the courtesy. I'm glad the grandparents had Stubbs (who at one time, as I understand it, was formerly a Family Court Judge.)

Doesn't make sense to me in this particular instance. So if Brad killed himself and/or the children as a result, the lawyer just be happy that he'd done his duty by extending the courtesy. I'm glad the grandparents had Stubbs (who at one time, as I understand it, was formerly a Family Court Judge.)

It's just giving him notification so he could have a chance to state his side of things (and not waiting the 10 days). It wouldn't have moved the time they were going to present the case to the judge as it still would've been an emergency custody hearing. Again, it could've been the same end result w/ the children being in grandparents' care. What's wrong w/ him having the chance to defend himself in the custody hearing?

Yes, Alice Stubbs was a District Court Judge and a couple of those years she was in Family Court.

It's just giving him notification so he could have a chance to state his side of things (and not waiting the 10 days). It wouldn't have moved the time they were going to present the case to the judge as it still would've been an emergency custody hearing. Again, it could've been the same end result w/ the children being in grandparents' care. What's wrong w/ him having the chance to defend himself in the custody hearing?

Yes, Alice Stubbs was a District Court Judge and a couple of those years she was in Family Court.

Her web page says she's a good tennis player.

What's wrong w/ him having the chance to defend himself in the custody hearing?

That ex parte application was all about the children. On July 16th, the Court's paramount consideration was in the best interest of the children. The Judge could have very well said there's not enough evidence here and we'll adjourn this application to give the defendant notice for a hearing on this matter.
He didn't. He gave the defendant notice that he could "defend" himself 9 days later.
Ex parte applications and orders are very common.

Where did Bob:sponge:'s pending spreadsheet thread go?!! I was getting ready to tell him he has to go through with it now that he is a famous talk-show topic...to save face! We really do need a spreadsheet...seriously speaking. Please, Bob:sponge:

That ex parte application was all about the children. On July 16th, the Court's paramount consideration was in the best interest of the children. The Judge could have very well said there's not enough evidence here and we'll adjourn this application to give the defendant notice for a hearing on this matter.
He didn't. He gave the defendant notice that he could "defend" himself 9 days later.
Ex parte applications and orders are very common.

All child custody hearings are supposed to be about what's in the best interest of the children, not just ex parte custody hearings.

I have quietly been sitting back, trying to keep up with all the information and theories posted, you are all awesome and have some amazing insights and hypotheses, really gets one thinking. While still sitting on the fence I am finding it hard not to fall off. Something bothers me that maybe I missed, but am hoping for clarification. IF BC went to HT at 4:20 (and I do believe he probably did), and he purchased detergent w/bleach (this is what I think I remember reading), why would he need to go back again at 6:15 - 6:45 a.m. to purchase some more detergent w/o bleach, which he admitted to. Wouldn't that imply that he purchased two separate laundry detergents on two separate trips? Maybe this is why he wanted to check his VIC card? Just wondering...

I have quietly been sitting back, trying to keep up with all the information and theories posted, you are all awesome and have some amazing insights and hypotheses, really gets one thinking. While still sitting on the fence I am finding it hard not to fall off. Something bothers me that maybe I missed, but am hoping for clarification. IF BC went to HT at 4:20 (and I do believe he probably did), and he purchased detergent w/bleach (this is what I think I remember reading), why would he need to go back again at 6:15 - 6:45 a.m. to purchase some more detergent w/o bleach, which he admitted to. Wouldn't that imply that he purchased two separate laundry detergents on two separate trips? Maybe this is why he wanted to check his VIC card? Just wondering...
Liv, I'm thinking the 6:15 trip did not happen at all and it was the 4:20 trip where he purchase the detergent. He just SAID in his affidavit it was 6:15...or 6:45. (Can't remember which of the two he said was the detergent run.) So two trips: 4:20 & 6:45 (to establish the "Nancy was home" alibi)

We really do need Momto3 to clarify this for us.

I've been thinking about the North Face jacket mom mentioned a couple of days ago......she didn't come right out and say it but, I'm assuming he was seen wearing one in the store video tape and/or possibly an employee(s) remembered that detail. I didn't think too much of it at the time she mentioned it but, today it dawned on me......why the heck would he be wearing a jacket in July?

EXCELLENT point! Yes, summer nights in NC (esp this summer) have been quite warm. Some nights it doesn't get any lower than 73 degrees. My AC comes on in the middle of the night. Wearing a jacket is totally not necessary...I doubt I'll wear one until October, at the very earliest.

Hmmm, perhaps one reason for wearing the jacket -- while purchasing deterget/bleach -- was under the jacket?

Never know how the mind really works but it is possible if Brad did murder Nancy that the trips to the store between 6 and 7 were designed. In other words an excuse when he came to his senses. If for instance he gives LE the story of the purchases at HT between 6 and 7 then perhaps he can focus LE to only looking at those time frames on the video surveillance system. Someone posted on here there is a sign on the door at the store that is hard to miss - Video Surveillance in use. So if he went the first time, he may have felt the need to to do the second run in an effort to focus a time frame in which appears to be somewhat more normal.

Why detergent - I have no idea but I do suppose it is possible he may have used up what he bought earlier. The first purchase of milk may have been legit in that he needed milk for the baby. It may have struck an idea in his head that if he was on the way to the store, he could use Nancy's cell to call his own - in his mind proving Nancy was alive at 640. The purchase of detergent - may be one of those freudian things - he bought it earlier so he bought it again and added the juice for Bella. I find the whole series of activities between 6 and 7 to be idiotic actually. Sure people go to the store that early, but to go twice for milk and juice, seems plain stupid. What LE will do is look at his vic card information going back for some time period to see just how often he frequented the store during those hours and if it was habit to frequent the store more than once between those hours.

can someone please tell me what mom said last night? I just got in on the very end of the show.

Where did Bob:sponge:'s pending spreadsheet thread go?!! I was getting ready to tell him he has to go through with it now that he is a famous talk-show topic...to save face! We really do need a spreadsheet...seriously speaking. Please, Bob:sponge:

Somebody moved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member