Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I will say that the $285K bonus, on top of his $160K yearly salary, was an 'A HA!' moment for me.

An additional 285,000 reasons WHY he most likely murdered his dear sweet wife!

Funny how that wasn't brought up in the 'legal separation' document nor any of the affidavits. Poor Brad, by supplying all this documentation he tried to make it look as if Nancy was taking him to the cleaners financially.:boohoo:

YET! He failed to mention the additional bonus received which was equivilant to 178% of his years salary.

Just goes to show, can't believe everything you read! Including an affidavit, which is signed under the threat of perjury.

Oh, but I am fairly confident, that bonus is in there somewhere, just NOT the amount, because it was most likely in favor of Brad. Oh, yeah, wasn't there some type of an investment or brokerage or some type of account? No amount given but he was to retain that?

Like I said, it's all in the DETAILS.

NO life insurance? Maybe not, but an additional $285K, or $168K or so after taxes, could tide Brad over for awhile until he recovered from the loss of his family.

Course now,.................. Nancy won't be needing her half.......

JMHO
fran

Ya'll need to step back on the speculation regarding bonuses - jeez - someone says it and it's gospel AND the smoking gun on motive????

Here's a few things that perhaps you don't know:

Cisco does not operate it's fiscal year on a calendar year basis. They just closed their 2008 books at the end of July (see their year end earnings posted Tuesday of this week) so 2007 DOES NOT mean calendar year 2007.

Getting confidential salary information is likely the most difficult thing to do in a large company. I know at another large tech company in RTP - you have to have a LEGITIMATE reason for doing so, i.e. an open job post where you are interviewing someone and want to check appraisals and salary. I suspect Cisco is the same. Any manager can't just go in there and poke around - it would also be grounds for termination. Allowing folks access to that data is a huge exposure - so I would be VERY SUSPECT of anyone that says these things.

Oh - and if someone on an internet message board knows about this HUGE bonus - how do you think that Nancy or her VERY HIGH POWERED attorney were kept in the dark? Please. They would have a legitimate need for a full financial disclosure and since it's all US income - there's no way it was hidden.

Let's look at some of these posting with a little common sense, ok?

Notice the capitalization of "IF".
:rolleyes:

I know - I'm being my usual smart a self ! We are told we just look at rumors and speculate, have tunnelvision and so on but then we are told to believe this wild unconfirmed story that in reality makes Brad boy look a whole lot worse...can't help myself.:crazy:

And if he thought maybe she went to the gym instead of going for a run, why was her car still at the house?

$285,000 in a bonus?
many people lost big money when Cisco stock tanked some years back --- this is irksome.

Okay, just getting caught up, but something from NC #16 caught my eye -- BC checking Lifetime for NC. Maybe I'm hopelessly naive because I personally avoid exercise, but if you just finished a run, would you then go to a gym, especially if you had plans to meet a friend? BC knew all of this BEFORE he checked Lifetime for her. Why check there? :waitasec:

I think you are on my wave length - I'm still wondering why he waited to go to Carey's after he checked at Lifetime...

Or.........someone seeing an impending divorce in their immediate future, could be 'hiding assets' and running up debt, to minimize as much as possible, the blow to their financial security.

Wonder if a forensic accountant and a forensic computer analyst could detect any little secret overseas bank accounts for Mr. Cooper?:eek:

This is definitely, getting interesting. ;)

JMHO
fran

Cisco is a multi-billion dollar company that requires tax information for all their employees. They withhold FICA, SS, State tax, 401k contributions, etc. it's not like he's being paid in small bills from Cousin Ernie. You just can't hide that stuff. He could hide the 'after tax' amount, but the most recent paycheck statement would should a CRAPLOAD more money than he was bringing home and even the most junior associate / intern / paralegal at Tharrington - Smith would have been able to figure out if there was more money that he as claiming.

what are the facts?

There are so many to post..I will just list a few and I am hoping other posters and yourself will read through the threads and pull up all the facts...

Brad and Nancy were married (I could add about 2000 fact under this first one, from they had two children, to their parents names)

Nancy has been murdered (under this we can list 5000 facts on what we now was going on the night before, days before, months before, years before.....from affairs, to how much $$ was being made, what paintings they owned...those are all facts. )

Get my point. There are A LOT of facts posted in these threads...we take those and we speculate...right now we don't know who did it..some speculate it was Brad, others don't (would love some more people to pin it on!)...personally....there may be more then one person in this world w/motive to murder Nancy...but, based on everyone I have read so far....the finger points to Brad. Bring us something else...point us in another dircection.

2Daughters1Dog said:
a. there is legal financial disclosure of earnings as part of a settlement. She/her attorney wouldn't be operating off what he "claimed" he earned. They'd see that large bonus, assuming it is true.

I have been divorced twice :( The only 'financial disclosure' was a financial affidavit...which is basically a piece of paper, filled out by attorney/client and notarized saying this is all true. No investigation...unless other party fights it, then they may be ordered to show pay or something..but if she didn' t know about the bonus why woulds he fuss about it? I thought I new what x made, he me.....we did our affidavits, notarize, done. He could lie on that, I believe.

2Daughters1Dog said:
b. "equitable distribution" means not that she gets what she needs to start a new household, but that she get an equitable amount (read: half or more) of his earnings.
What does "equitable" mean? Doesn’t it mean, "equal"?

No, this is a common misconception. "Equitable" means "fair," not "equal." It may be more equitable, given the state of the marriage and the conditions of the spouses, for the majority of the property to go to the husband, instead of the wife, or vice versa.

Sometimes equitable distribution results in an equal division, or a very close approximation of an equal division. This doesn’t mean that all equitable distribution in that state, or even in that court, will be equal.

i think one of the cruelest things brad did to nancy was have her pack up the house in a hurry, say "Get the $%^ out of my house!" and then call the whole thing off 2 days before the move. (see affidavits)

that is a major mindscrew.

See, this is EXACTLY the type of stuff I've been trying to say, on Brad says Nancy exaggerated,(embellished, guess it's an MBA size word for liar,:crazy:) and her friends said he did this and that,

THEN some people seem to believe Brad over the friends. Well, we know they were planning a going away party and changed it to something else. Of course Brad's explanation is they decided to work it out.

The friends said he played mind games with her by changing the rules on her. We've seen it by various friends in their affidavits, on a number of separate occasions.

Yet, many people believe him because he said it under oath.

But it still comes back for me anyway, Nancy is dead, Brad survived. I think she had a reason to be afraid of him and her MURDER is the {proof}!

JMHO
fran

I think the bonus is overstated, but the salary sounds about right. He also likely has a decent amount of stock options if he has not exercised them - although many are probably underwater now - now the OPTIONS may have been issued for the $285K or whatever someone called out vesting over x years, etc., but I don't see a bonus of that size. IIRC, he was to retain the stock options in the proposed settlement agreement.

While bonuses can be pretty large at Cisco - to pull down that kind of coin in one year (almost $1/2 million before taxes) and have a loan against your 401K, an increase in an equity line, a mortgage, a car loan and be $45k in credit card debt - someone would either have to have a SERIOUS drug or gambling problem. And with all the airing of dirty laundry, that would have surely come out.

RaleighNC said:
Ya'll need to step back on the speculation regarding bonuses - jeez - someone says it and it's gospel AND the smoking gun on motive????

Let's look at some of these posting with a little common sense, ok?

Well, you were speculating/discussing too. ;) I should have worded my own post better, I should have said "if this 'rumor' is true...there is possible motive".

I agree that one statement shouldn't be taken as a solid fact...we all tend to grab onto the rumors..few pages it's fact...we should be careful of that, great point.......we have no clue if this bonus info is in fact accurate.

And if he thought maybe she went to the gym instead of going for a run, why was her car still at the house?
Brad will just claim that he was in a panic to find her*.

( alternate: * destroy evidence and establish an alibi)

Well, you were speculating/discussing too. ;) I should have worded my own post better, I should have said "if this 'rumor' is true...there is possible motive".

I agree that one statement shouldn't be taken as a solid fact...we all tend to grab onto the rumors..few pages it's fact...we should be careful of that, great point.......we have no clue if this bonus info is in fact accurate.

Sorry - I was referring more to fran - who jumped immediately on the alleged bonus and called it the motive.

For the record - I think he did it - but I am trying to look at the posting, affidavits and "evidence" (or lack thereof) with a more critical eye.

:crazy:

Topsail Girl (as in Topsail Beach?)

Heather Heider-Metour lives on Brannigan Place in Cary, in the Farren Forest subdivision. It is directly behind Farmington Woods Elem. School. I know lots of her neighbors, esp. the one across the street. I met Heather last Dec. Nothing special at all. Kinda horsey. Always looking for something to do. Not that she could have been enjoying her own kid, but nooooo. Ha ha. She's gotta have those affairs w/other married men. At work,even.

Nancy and Brad live in Lochside Glen in Lochmere. Those on Strathburgh Ln. live in Strathmoor or something like that. Yeah, I live in the Lochwood part of Lochmere. We're all on the same end of Lochmere,which is a huge huge subdivision. I get to see all the goings-ons.

Thanks NC Native for that info. I was getting a littel confused with Strathmoor and Strathburgh. I've got it now.

:) Yes to your question - as in Topsail Beach. My home away from Raleigh-wood.

Raisin, I agree and I believe it's because she never went running - she was dead by then. No one hascome forward and no one saw her because she never made it. I just waited to bring it up till after we had some official confirmation from Carey's side.

Thanks NC Native for that info. I was getting a littel confused with Strathmoor and Strathburgh. I've got it now.

:) Yes to your question - as in Topsail Beach. My home away from Raleigh-wood.

Raisin, I agree and I believe it's because she never went running - she was dead by then. No one hascome forward and no one saw her because she never made it. I just waited to bring it up till after we had some official confirmation from Carey's side.

I figure there is some powerful reason why that statement about Nancy not running is in the ex parte - gotta seriously wonder about it. No judge alive is going to look at that and say okay I believe it or accept it on face value.

FWIW, for anyone saying NOT to believe the salary bonus amounts as it's difficult to find wages etc on employees, eehhhhhh. Yes that is true. HOWEVER, the office grapevine of gossip is stronger than their rules of secrecy. Been there, done that.

PLUS, IF he received a bonus of even 1/2 that, IMO, (yes, opinion), I believe that Brad most likely bragged about it. He wouldn't be able to help himself. IMO, his narcissistic personality would dictate that he spread the knowledge of his success. He WAS THE MAN! (in his mind)

Ok, since it is 'rumor,' I will keep it out of the equation, but, I BET there was a bonus of sort. Which, IMO, is an additional motive for murder.:mad:

JMHO
fran

remember that the medical examiner testified at one of the hearings.
his findings may point directly at brad as the prime suspect.

Sorry - I was referring more to fran - who jumped immediately on the alleged bonus and called it the motive.

For the record - I think he did it - but I am trying to look at the posting, affidavits and "evidence" (or lack thereof) with a more critical eye.

:crazy:

FWIW, that bit of information was originally revealed in the previous thread by one who thinks he did NOT do this crime. He was trying to point out that he had NO MOTIVE as he had this additional money.

But you see, it actually works in reverse, when you're looking for a motive. It adds to it, rather than take away.

I'll leave that little gem out for now, but I'm certain we'll hear more about it in the future.

Oh, did I tell you I think he did it?:crazy:

Just sayin'
fran

I figure there is some powerful reason why that statement about Nancy not running is in the ex parte - gotta seriously wonder about it. No judge alive is going to look at that and say okay I believe it or accept it on face value.

Especially if they were holding back Carey's signed statement at the same time?

Wonder if they're allowed to like, 'tell the judge' in the hearing verbally, without presenting the affidavit and the judge is allowed to take their word for it on the record?

WoW! Wonder if that hearing would have a transcript? THAT would be interesting.

Oh, wait, probably under seal as it involves minor children.

Still curious, though, as you say charlie.

fran

NCNative,

there is no hyphen in heather's name. Scott wanted to make that very very clear!
;)

NCNative,

there is no hyphen in heather's name. Scott wanted to make that very very clear!
;)

Yes he did and who can blame the guy? I think I'd being taking her to court to get my name back if I was Scott. :)

ETA - I still think Scott is a little odd too for letting Brad and the girls stay with him after Brad's betrayal but hey maybe other guys are like this too???

Hello All~

I have read through alot of these posts. Can someone please tell me if, they (LE) have released how Nancy was murdered? I can not find the info. anywhere. Also, if LE has not released the manner in which she was murdered, can someone please tell me why that might information that they would want to keep secret?

Thanks in advance for any help~
Ruflossn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members