Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mt3K - I have a question for you. Can you think back on the day you went by BC's house and he was in the garage with that other fellow, you mentioned there were some saw horses - did you happen to notice if what was on the saw horses was plywood or sheetrock by any chance ?
I am a little foggy today...I just had oral surgery(my failed root canal from last week) :mad:, and a little doped up, but wanted to answer this for you.

I am not 100% positive, but I am about sure it was plywood and not sheetrock. The guy was doing some kind of sketch on a pad on top of the plywood and BC was nodding and taking s sip of drink.

Both cars were in the drive, so it was a tad difficult to see. I just remember what the other guy looked like, what BC was doing and seeing the sweet little girls cozy coupe pushed outside the garage.

As someone explained to me, if during the SW they cut the carpet, sheetrock or plywood, the homeowner will be the one to fix it.

Plywood? The only places I can think of a plywood repair is under the capet or under the hardwoods. I am sure there is more...but I'm not thinking too straight at the moment.

I am a little foggy today...I just had oral surgery(my failed root canal from last week) :mad:, and a little doped up, but wanted to answer this for you.

I am not 100% positive, but I am about sure it was plywood and not sheetrock. The guy was doing some kind of sketch on a pad on top of the plywood and BC was nodding and taking s sip of drink.

Both cars were in the drive, so it was a tad difficult to see. I just remember what the other guy looked like, what BC was doing and seeing the sweet little girls cozy coupe pushed outside the garage.

As someone explained to me, if during the SW they cut the carpet, sheetrock or plywood, the homeowner will be the one to fix it.

Plywood? The only places I can think of a plywood repair is under the capet or under the hardwoods. I am sure there is more...but I'm not thinking too straight at the moment.

I remember my daughter explaining

No worries ! Sorry you are having troubles. Thanks for the information and yes you are correct, LE is not required to repair or replace. Get better ! :)

I posted a link to OCME - the procedures and requirements are available at the link [...]

Thanks RC - yes, I read through that link you relayed... some good stuff there. Though I did not happen to see any information there on the typical turnaround time or target times for either body to family, or "completed" ME report.

I did see: The ME must make a record of his/her findings and of the circumstances of the death on the "Report of Investigation" form and on such diagrams, etc., as may be needed to completely document the case. These records are to be sent to the OCME within 14 days of notification of the death. The ME should keep a copy of all documents for his/her records.

This must not refer to the "completed" report, if indeed it is common for it to take at least 2 or more months for the ME to dot all the i's (given the volume).

In this case, I guess we're speculating that despite the volume, the ME was able to turn the body over to the family relatively quickly, but yet due to the volume, the "final" report may not be available for quite some time.

Is it possible that the report is fully completed, but the ME is merely sitting on it (not signing it), perhaps at the request of LE, to avoid forcing the judge to be requested to seal it, which may then result in those pesky Capital Broadcasting lawyers petitioning the court to unseal it. [ Sure, it could be the overwhelming backlog of bodies pouring through the ME's office, but seems to me, it could also just be a "sit tight on this one for a while" situation ] Is this possible?

It's enlightening to get a feel for the typical (in my opinion still incredibly long) turnaround times for ME, and forensics (and I appreciate they're better than they used to be). Mind you, I'm not expecting tv-show turnarounds in 'real-time', but the notion that a minimum 2 month turnaround time on forensic analysis just seems crazy long to me. [ Ah well, learn something new every day I guess ;) ]

OTOH, as we've mentioned before, it's also possible that all the forensics are back, and they revealed nothing conclusive/damning. It's possible they're back and indictment has indeed been already requested, and been denied. [ Also possible all the forensics are back, an indictment has been requested, and granted, but there is an intentional delay in the arrest ]

Finally, I guess it's possible that the forensics are still being processed. [ Side bar: Do we know if the forensics are back in the Young case yet [or is 2-year turnaround on evidence processing also not unheard of? ;) ]

I still maintain there are at least some elements of this case that are unusual. [ Though from a ME-turnaround time, and a forensic turnaround time, the info provided on "normal/typical" is appreciated and helpful to set my "patience" threshold appropriately :) ]

---
PS: SW's scheduled to be released in 1 business day...

RC, by the "...plywood or sheetrock..." mention, are you maybe hinting at sheetrock being replaced, due to a stain, indentation or whatnot? My enquiring mind...

Speaking of the SBI. My dad was a Special Agent for the North Carolina SBI. I learned a few things from him! I wish he were alive right now so we could have coffee and muse over this case, as well as Michelle Youn'gs murder.

No hints Ncnative, just curious is all, enquiring, just as you :)

Feel better, Mom! Good visuals on the valances. I was thinking it might be a custom cornice in that brown paper sack.

I still maintain there are at least some elements of this case that are unusual. [ Though from a ME-turnaround time, and a forensic turnaround time, the info provided on "normal/typical" is appreciated and helpful to set my "patience" threshold appropriately :) ]

I'm curious what elements of this case seem unusual to you?

Mom I hope you're feeling better soon!!! Take care of yourself!

You have my sympathy, mom. Hope you feel better soon! I had a root canal done earlier this year, and have more surgery scheduled.

...but I'm not thinking too straight at the moment.

Mom,

IIRC from the picture you posted about your last root canal, the doctor did not have much to work with, cut him a break! :)

Seriously, sorry to hear you are still having problems, I hope all is well now, and that you are feeling better soon.

CyberPro

Mom,

IIRC from the picture you posted about your last root canal, the doctor did not have much to work with, cut him a break! :)

Seriously, sorry to hear you are still having problems, I hope all is well now, and that you are feeling better soon.

CyberPro

Cyber Pro - I did see your question on the previous thread, now closed. As to why LE would take the whole railing or bedframe - all I can think of that would warrant that is the possibility of some kind of spatter pattern was observed and it was taken for analysis of the pattern. Other than this possibility I can't think of another.

Cyber Pro - I did see your question on the previous thread, now closed. As to why LE would take the whole railing or bedframe - all I can think of that would warrant that is the possibility of some kind of spatter pattern was observed and it was taken for analysis of the pattern. Other than this possibility I can't think of another.

RC,

Thanks for the answer...that pretty much tracks with my thoughts, although there seems to be a strong belief that the item is a valence. I dunno, I must be stronger than I thought, I have carried bedframes on several occasions, including up three flights of stairs, and I never thought they were all that heavy. I guess I am still stuck on that.

CyberPro

RC,

Thanks for the answer...that pretty much tracks with my thoughts, although there seems to be a strong belief that the item is a valence. I dunno, I must be stronger than I thought, I have carried bedframes on several occasions, including up three flights of stairs, and I never thought they were all that heavy. I guess I am still stuck on that.

CyberPro

No problem. I don't try to quess what is in those evidence bags. Hopefully if the warrants are released next Tuesday along with the inventories, whe shall have an idea. One thing I have noticed though, sometimes the inventories are very short - I don't know if this is because the media does not want to use up space or the time to scan the docs in or if LE has asked them not too. But for you locals - you can go to the Clerk of Courts and request a copy of the warrants once they are released. Not sure of the cost for copies but this can be done.

RC,

CyberPro

Maybe it's not just the weight alone .. but the weight over 6 feet of iron.. if it's a side rail it's at LEAST that long .. as those are the shortest ones available .. and the way the guy is carrying it... too loosely...

Off the current topic but there was so much debate regarding Brad's income. This link is from 2006 but, maybe I'm reading it wrong, it seems to indicate that in order to pay $2000/month for child support, the gross monthly income would be ~$16,000, which would equate to around $192,000 annual income. Does anyone from North Carolina know if these tables are accurate and if this is, in fact, how child support is determined?

http://www.nccourts.org/Forms/Documents/981.pdf

I checked our Canadian child support tables for Alberta and it says someone with an income over $150,000/year would pay $2096 in monthly child support plus 1.32% of the income over $150K. Other costs associated with the upbringing is usually split 50/50 between both parents (sports, lessons, healthcare costs that aren't covered). Although their drafted separation agreement states that Brad would cover private schools for the girls, there really aren't a great deal of private schools up here.

Just throwing that out there while we wait for the SWs to be unsealed.

one thing to think about in terms of cyberpro's theory that the tall bag contained
a bed frame is not only could it be only the foot or head portions but it could have come from a smaller bed, not an adult's queen size one.

nancy slept in the girl's room. did she sleep on a twin bed? a day bed or a youth's bed? maybe she slept curled up. it could have been a futon-style bed.

there was a white baby crib in a room where the kitchen was visible. i don't know whether this was the cooper house or not. nancy had the girls in the picture . she was holding the infant, katie.

could the tall bag contain part of a child's bed that was still in the room that was next to the kitchen?

there was a picture of nancy outside of a gold painted room with an iron chandelier (the dining room?). the shade did not have a valance in that room.
maybe the other rooms didn't have valances.

there was a white baby crib in a room where the kitchen was visible. i don't know whether this was the cooper house or not. nancy had the girls in the picture . she was holding the infant, katie.

could the tall bag contain part of a child's bed that was still in the room that was next to the kitchen?

there was a picture of nancy outside of a gold painted room with an iron chandelier (the dining room?). the shade did not have a valance in that room.
maybe the other rooms didn't have valances.

Where is there a crib in a photo, are you seeing them on NC's online memorial? I just don't see one and went thru each one and looked closely.

The photo's on the memorial site are from DD. I believe the inside photo's being seen, (not the beach home) are in DD's home. The rooms are a dark sage color and used in more than 1 room so IMO all were taken in DD home.

Besides, there are no grills in the windows in the photo's. DD home doesn't have window grills per the recent photo on the tax records. NC home has grills in the front and back.

In summary IMO the photo's are from DD and where taken inside at DD home.

I've been thinking about Scott Heider's new blog. What prompted him to make that blog recently, foam about his values, put his children's photos out in the Internet world for all to see? (With his advertised background in criminal justice, you'd think he'd know not to put his young sons on the Internet like he did.)

The blog, its timing-- seems a little contrived to me, in a timely fashion to make sure that people know about it when they find out he was Brad's buddy, hosted Brad after the murder, knew that Brad got it on with his (Scott's wife), etc. etc. etc.

I think Scott needed to verify publicly that HEY, Scott Heider is a dad first, a big hunky athlete who needs everyone to know, and Brad's friend because Brad is innocent, else how dare I (Scott Heider) let him in my home to shelter him after the murder of his wife?

I think the blog is all about Scott and how Scott is covering his butt with forced pictures of goodliness to paint a public persona of himself. I think he forgot that he used transparent paint.

There's something nagging in the back of my mind about Scott Heider and where he comes to play in all this. Not to mention, what he REALLY knows.

I've been thinking about Scott Heider's new blog. What prompted him to make that blog recently, foam about his values, put his children's photos out in the Internet world for all to see? (With his advertised background in criminal justice, you'd think he'd know not to put his young sons on the Internet like he did.)

The blog, its timing-- seems a little contrived to me, in a timely fashion to make sure that people know about it when they find out he was Brad's buddy, hosted Brad after the murder, knew that Brad got it on with his (Scott's wife), etc. etc. etc.

I think Scott needed to verify publicly that HEY, Scott Heider is a dad first, a big hunky athlete who needs everyone to know, and Brad's friend because Brad is innocent, else how dare I (Scott Heider) let him in my home to shelter him after the murder of his wife?

I think the blog is all about Scott and how Scott is covering his butt with forced pictures of goodliness to paint a public persona of himself. I think he forgot that he used transparent paint.

There's something nagging in the back of my mind about Scott Heider and where he comes to play in all this. Not to mention, what he REALLY knows.
Thank you!!! I've felt the same way from the beginning. And through that transparent paint I see that heinous picture of him in his little effeminate girly speedos.

i don't feel comfortable doing Grabs of photos off of nancy's friends' websites.
here is the link.

http://www.imorial.com/NancyCooper/Photos/

page2
nancy lifting baby in the air'
caption:
nancy and gabriela at sip n' see party

brass chandelier (not iron like i said earlier)

_______
also on pg 2

a photo called "acting silly" has an area rug that looks similar to the pattern hanging out of the tall bag

maybe it was an area rug --- if this is nancy's house

_______
coopercrib1.jpg

here is the crib shot from N&O's photo gallery.
the photo caption says "courtesy of the rentz family." it could have been taken by any of nancy's friends and given to the rentz family. it may have been taken in a home other than the one that belonged to the coopers.

EntreNous, I'm glad you have been wondering about that blog of SHeider's too.

He obviously needs to show off his body, boast about his children (did you see where he is putting the little one into little kid triathlons?). He's making too much fuss over certain things, even regarding Nancy's murder and how they are convicting her husband, in his words. Timely, contrived, saying, "notice me!", I am being the best dad ever, a "role model" for my kids, as if being a muscle man is the goal for those little guys. They may want to grow up and be what THEY want to be, or feel like failures if they don't meet dad's expectations.

What kind of role model lets a man (BC) who had an affair with his (Scott's)then wife, and the childrens mother, stay with them in the Heider home right after a very suspicious murder of Nancy? I would have been reticent on that one. I'd have said, "You know Brad, this is a big thing and the children will ask me about it in years to come. Until we know more, I don't want to be involved..."

When I look back at the backgrounds of many big muscle guys with big, transparent egos surrounding their body, I see little boys who were scrawny, never felt their worth in other ways, maybe ridiculed or bullied. I'm just ruminating this blog of his, and how/when he presented it, in the midst of his buddy Brad's wife's murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled