NC NC - Allison Jackson Foy, 34, Wilmington, 30 Jul 2006

:mad: I'm so sorry. So hoping they have the right guy. Bast***d! Prayers for Allison and her family...

Recently Recovered Wilmington Woman’s Service is Planned

Family plans to return to North Carolina to bring Allison Jackson Foy Home

Wilmington, NC – The CUE Center for Missing Persons announces, funeral pans are set for once missing Allison Jackson Foy for Monday September 22nd at Francis P. Devine Funeral Home in Oyster Bay NY. Hours will be from 2-4pm and from 7-9pm. Tuesday September 23rd at 9:30am there will be a Mass at St Hyacinth RC Church at 9:30am; family will receive friends at the family’s home. Funeral home is located at 293 South Street in Oyster Bay NY and their phone # is (516) 922-6700 their website is: www.fpdevinefuneralhome.com , the public is welcome to attend. Allison’s family will arrive late Thursday night to Wilmington and will be in the area until Saturday to bring their loved one home for her final resting place.

“This past two year’s have been an on going torment for our family, not knowing the fate of my sister, now we are finally coming to bring her home, were she is loved, her roots, her friends and her family”, said Lisa Valentino, Allison’s sister. I knew all along my sister would never leave on her own or her children; it has been a struggle to get most people to believe that. People need to understand we, the family knows our missing loved and adults are going missing all across the nation, daily.

“It is a sad time for everyone who has been involved in the search for Allison; our hearts go out to her family as they have pushed forward ever step of the way in her case” said CUE’s Founder, Monica Caison. “Some members of the CUE Center will travel this week to attend the services”, Ms. Caison added.

The case of Allison Jackson Foy remains open although her status has changed from missing to homicide. Anyone with information about Allison Jackson Foy’s disappearance or her whereabouts is asked to call WPD (910) 343-3600 or the confidential 24-hour tip-line at the CUE Center for Missing Persons: (910) 232-1687. Tips can also be cuecenter@aol.com or left at the Center’s Web site at www.ncmissingpersons.org.

Family discovers more bones at memorial site

"Family and friends visiting the location where skeletal remains of two women were found in April said they found more bones at the site.

Lisa Valentino told the Star-News of Wilmington that she wanted to leave flowers and find closure when she went to the site where the remains of her sister, Allison Jackson-Foy, 34, were found. Instead, she and a friend found bones nearby and called police to come get them."

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/3578662/

Our Monkey Junction area is small. I will be looking and listening.
Would anyone have an idea about our homeless men that we have been giving money to for five years that live behind Walmart? I don't think they have anything to do with the deaths of these women however they do live almost across the street. More bones found today.I'm so upset.

From the bones found off Carolina Beach Road,
The newest remains, an arm bone and smaller ones, likely will be tested, but police believe they match those of the missing women, said Lucy Crockett, a spokeswoman for the Wilmington police.

Caison said she was at the site a week ago, and there were no signs of bones.

Additionally, police searched the area after the initial discovery in April and didn’t find them.

Police said the latest bones showed signs of animal damage, and they believe they may have been buried at some point.

But now THIS - http://www.starnewsonline.com/artic...NEWS01?Title=Remains_found_in_Columbus_County

Columbus County sheriff’s deputies found remains this week, which they suspect are those of Carol Marie Batten Dowless, a 26-year-old mother of four who disappeared three years ago.

Columbus County sheriff’s deputies found remains this week, which they suspect are those of Carol Marie Batten Dowless, a 26-year-old mother of four who disappeared three years ago.
Related Links:
For nine women, more questions than answers
Authorities say an informant led them to a wooded area within a mile of Batten Dowless’ home in Columbus County.

The N.C. State Bureau of Investigation and Brunswick Search and Rescue assisted in an eight-hour search that ended with the discovery around 4 p.m. on Tuesday, according to Capt. David Nobles of the Columbus County Sheriff’s Office.

bilde.jpg

Although police suspect they’ve discovered Batten Dowless’ remains, the bones will have to be tested to know for sure, Nobles said.

The break in the 3-year-old case comes just weeks after The CUE Center For Missing Persons put up a billboard in Whiteville asking for information on the disappearance.

“I know her family was hoping for a better outcome,” said CUE founder Monica Caison. “At least we have some answers now.”

"Allison Jackson-Foy, a 34-year-old Wilmington mother, died of multiple stab wounds in the front and back of her body, according to an autopsy report released Thursday."

Also:

"The latest autopsy results mean that both she and Angela Nobles Rothen, 42, were killed in a similar fashion – by someone with a knife.

To date, both murders remain unsolved, but police believe it’s the work of one killer."

See full article here:

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20080925/ARTICLES/809250289/1004?Title=Autopsy_report__Jackson_Foy_died_of_stab_wounds

Singlovelaugh,

Thank you for bringing the information about Carol Dowless here. I just met her family at the CUE Center rally for her and I am so shocked and yet hoping that her family finds peace in knowing where she will rest and that she is found. She has 4 beautiful children who miss her so much, one little girl was only 3 months old when Carol went missing. Her older daughter spoke at the rally and it was so moving.

I pray this family finally finds some peace......

These poor families are in my heart and I feel for them so much. Something is going on around here for sure or at least WAS going on with all these missing women. The problem is so many unsolved missing women to date and I am very worried. Those of us who grew up walking these streets don't walk them anymore but newcomers see how quaint and wonderful things appear and feel like nothing could ever happen to them. In addition, our local news doesn't report what it is told not to report....period. Wilmington is home for me but my father pastored in Whiteville for nine years and we lived there during that time. We love those people at that church and in that area so much, they are like family. With recent attacks and crime in general, many of us feel like it has become a situation that has overwhelmed law enforcement. In other words, we don't know what is going on because it seems no case is ever solved unless it is by a confession. It's open season almost for criminals here and something has got to be done.

These poor families are in my heart and I feel for them so much. Something is going on around here for sure or at least WAS going on with all these missing women. The problem is so many unsolved missing women to date and I am very worried. Those of us who grew up walking these streets don't walk them anymore but newcomers see how quaint and wonderful things appear and feel like nothing could ever happen to them. In addition, our local news doesn't report what it is told not to report....period. Wilmington is home for me but my father pastored in Whiteville for nine years and we lived there during that time. We love those people at that church and in that area so much, they are like family. With recent attacks and crime in general, many of us feel like it has become a situation that has overwhelmed law enforcement. In other words, we don't know what is going on because it seems no case is ever solved unless it is by a confession. It's open season almost for criminals here and something has got to be done.

I know exactly what you are saying, it has gotten that way here in Myrtle Beach, too. Although we have such a transient population it is a great hideout for criminals. I'm sure you are aware of the Alice Donovan case, two killers from Kentucky coming to the beach!

You know, I would love to know if there is a place online that has listed all those cases and really studied them all together. I'm sure LE has done that, don't you think? I would love to find out more about those women and what happened to them. Let me know if you know of a place.

I saw the first half on Dateline but then was too tired to watch the rest. What did the investigators conclude?

tia,

Hoppy

Well, they were focused on one fellow for quite a while after Allison was found - based on a good deal of circumstantial evidence, but they seem to be going in another direction now and have said this guy has been cleared.

Allison's murder was extremely brutal - they said there were at least 40 stab marks on her sweater and they have yet to get back the DNA results. They do seem to feel the DNA will be key in solving the crime.

I'm not sure why they have cleared the POI without having all the forensic evidence back yet. Guess time will tell.

On another note - thank you for all you do here, Hoppy!

Hi all! I live in NHC and this case haunts me. I think Alison's murderer is someone she was aquainted with, JMO! I wonder if LE dropped the charges against the cabbie for now til the DNA results come in so he feels a false sense of security. Can they charge him again if they get a match? Also, does anyone know how accurate the composite sketch is? The local media leaves alot to be desired as far as coverage. TIA in advance.

matilda

Hi all! I live in NHC and this case haunts me. I think Alison's murderer is someone she was aquainted with, JMO! I wonder if LE dropped the charges against the cabbie for now til the DNA results come in so he feels a false sense of security. Can they charge him again if they get a match? Also, does anyone know how accurate the composite sketch is? The local media leaves alot to be desired as far as coverage. TIA in advance.

matilda

Hi matilda! I don't believe the POI was ever charged, so there's still that possibility. He was very forthcoming with LE - too forthcoming IMO. Allison was said to have left in a cab, though there was no record of any cab being dispatched to that bar that night. The POI is a cab driver.

I do believe LE is just biding their time until they get the DNA results back.

Well, they were focused on one fellow for quite a while after Allison was found - based on a good deal of circumstantial evidence, but they seem to be going in another direction now and have said this guy has been cleared.

Allison's murder was extremely brutal - they said there were at least 40 stab marks on her sweater and they have yet to get back the DNA results. They do seem to feel the DNA will be key in solving the crime.

I'm not sure why they have cleared the POI without having all the forensic evidence back yet. Guess time will tell.

On another note - thank you for all you do here, Hoppy!

Awww...you're welcome!

Thanks for your summary.

I'm going to move this to the discussion forum so we can discuss there.

Hoppy

Awww...you're welcome!

Thanks for your summary.

I'm going to move this to the discussion forum so we can discuss there.

Hoppy

Thank you, Hoppy. Seems it's taking an awful long time for the DNA results to come back. Allison was found last September - nearly 7 months now! WTH? If the killer was responsible for the death of the other woman whose remains were found near Allison - Angela Rothen - they need to get him in custody ASAP. At least 2 victims - quite possibly more that we don't know about as yet.

The POI was (is?) Tim Iannone. It was his own wife who brought attention to him to begin with yet she is standing firmly by his side today. :mad:

Angela was a prostitute. There was another prostitute who was assaulted by Iannone but managed to escape. He threatened her with a box-cutter. Allison was stabbed to death and Angela's throat was cut. But this other woman wouldn't testify against him - even though he was accused of 3 other similar assaults. He has a criminal past, but nothing sexual.

Apparently, the bar - at which he was a regular - had his direct number in case anyone needed a cab, and he miraculously showed up when Allison needed a ride home. SOME witnesses said she left with him and was never seen again. But there were conflicting accounts of her leaving, so it's not conclusive.

IMO - Iannone should still be considered a strong suspect. He passed a lie detector and, as I mentioned earlier, has been very forthcoming. However, there is a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to him and I will not be one bit surprised if he is found to be the killer in the end.

I live in Wilmington and have been following the case of the two women who were murdered. the pub is only three miles from my house. It has been very frustrating to me on how LE investigates missing women in this county. You usually see a very small blip on the evening news and maybe a two sentence statement in the local paper. Missing women are not considered an important news item and you really have to dig to find out any progress or updates. I was really surprised at Dateline covering these two cases. There are many women missing around this area and many people think that there is a serial murderer. LE dismisses this idea every time the subject comes up. I no longer go out at night. I don't eat out at night unless I know that the parking lot will have plenty of people around when I leave. A woman was reported missing on February 24, 2009 who was last seen in her home about two blocks from my house. Seven days later, buzzards were circling over a wooded area behind my house. I called LE because I was concerned that the woman may be dead in the woods. The Deputy Sheriff wasn't really concerned although he did see the buzzards and they were very close to the lady's home. He was about as interested as the LE guy who the meter reader called to check if a bag contained Caylee Anthony. Thank goodness the woman was later found to be ok.

Missing women are not considered news around here. Everyone I have discussed this case with think that the cab driver is the murderer. I hope the DNA results come back before he skips town.

I live in Wilmington and have been following the case of the two women who were murdered. the pub is only three miles from my house. It has been very frustrating to me on how LE investigates missing women in this county. You usually see a very small blip on the evening news and maybe a two sentence statement in the local paper. Missing women are not considered an important news item and you really have to dig to find out any progress or updates. I was really surprised at Dateline covering these two cases. There are many women missing around this area and many people think that there is a serial murderer. LE dismisses this idea every time the subject comes up. I no longer go out at night. I don't eat out at night unless I know that the parking lot will have plenty of people around when I leave. A woman was reported missing on February 24, 2009 who was last seen in her home about two blocks from my house. Seven days later, buzzards were circling over a wooded area behind my house. I called LE because I was concerned that the woman may be dead in the woods. The Deputy Sheriff wasn't really concerned although he did see the buzzards and they were very close to the lady's home. He was about as interested as the LE guy who the meter reader called to check if a bag contained Caylee Anthony. Thank goodness the woman was later found to be ok.

Missing women are not considered news around here. Everyone I have discussed this case with think that the cab driver is the murderer. I hope the DNA results come back before he skips town.

Wow! I do believe there will be other victims tied to Allison's and Angela's killer. It breaks my heart to hear that LE in the area does not take these cases seriously. WTF? These women are still human beings and have people who love them. Makes me CRAZY! I do not believe the cabbie is off the hook yet. LE may want him to believe he is, but it just doesn't make any sense. I do believe they are still watching him very closely. He will not be able to skip town....IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back