NC - Boys 8, 9, & 11 rape 9 yr old girl

It wasn't television that messed up these children. I would bet atleast one of them was himself sexually assaulted and threatened.

I know that boys are interested in sex early but 8 and 9???? My son is almost 9 and still thinks girls are gross. I cant even imagine.

My memory from the Dark Ages is that lots of 9-year-old boys knew about sex, if only because they'd heard of it from backstreet gossip. Others were having sex in some form or another, whether they knew what to call it or not.

If I were to blame anything for a climate of sexual crudeness, I'd blame the way we portray sex, not knowledge of sex itself. And I don't mean naked bodies, which I doubt hurt anyone. But much of the sex portrayed today is coercive, if not actually violent.

I have 3 nephews 2 are 9 one is 10 and I can not see them physically capable of doing this. They think it is funny to moon and pee when out in the woods. They are not really supervised in what they watch on tv and act like what I remember 9 and 10 years olds act like. There is something not quite right with this story and I have to wonder if someone in the mix has not been sexually abused.

ya im wondering that too i mean are they even physically able to do anything at that age?...

I didn't see any details in the story, so they may have raped the girl with an object. But I promise you boys are able to have erections long before they are able to ejaculate.

But neither Claire McIntyre nor I would agree with your call to return to the censorship of bygone decades. There were consequences to that as well, a primary one being that many such crimes simply weren't reported in the 1950s, because sex was so often "unmentionable."

The other thing is that I used to love Horror movies...but they also have gone too far...they have become so sadistically ultra-violent that I don't watch them anymore. I want to be scared a little, by a ghost or a monster... not watch 2 hours of dismemberment and sadistic butchery of human beings for entertainment....which is what many movies are nowadays...I guess I better not get started on violence now.....

Anyone seen Halloween? It's a sex movie pretending to be a horror movie. You can't even watch a good gore-fest without sex anymore. :-(

One of my friend's sons was molested by a male cousin when he was three years old. She found out because he was acting very strangely (sexually) with dolls and with girls on play dates.

They say that a child who has been sexually molested will often act out that molestation on toys or in pretend play or draw it. That's their way of expressing what happened if they cannot talk about it or whatever.

As gross as this is about to sound, I don't doubt one second that least ONE of these boys was molested by someone and that raping this girl may have been his way of "acting it out."

Anyone seen Halloween? It's a sex movie pretending to be a horror movie. You can't even watch a good gore-fest without sex anymore. :-(

Well let's just shut down all of the movie houses and TV production studios because "the few" have spoken. Give me a break.

First of all, children should NOT be seeing the remake of Halloween.

Secondly, if you are an adult that can handle gory horror films, then I think it's safe to assume you can handle a sexual innuendo or sex scene where they don't show anything anyways! :twocents:

Well let's just shut down all of the movie houses and TV production studios because "the few" have spoken. Give me a break.

First of all, children should NOT be seeing the remake of Halloween.

Secondly, if you are an adult that can handle gory horror films, then I think it's safe to assume you can handle a sexual innuendo or sex scene where they don't show anything anyways! :twocents:

I know you're not talking about me. I love gore shows and I can handle sex scenes - I prefer the two not be mixed, however. My preference. I would love to have been able to take my daughter to the horror show - but it wasn't a horror show, it was a sex show. She can stick to Freddy Kruger where there is much less of that stuff.

I almost took her. I'm glad I didn't. Goodness, this kid listens to heavy metal, did the time warp at four, Rocky Horror two years ago and HAS DUSTED MY DUNGEON - I'm certainly no prude of a parent.

It used to be scary movies were scary because things scared you. Then people got desensitized, so they upped the ante and it got to the gore factor. Then they upped it again when gore didn't bother anyone anymore, so they tossed sex in there too. Used to be scantily clad women were enticing, but people got desensitized, so they went to nudity and then to sex, then added violence to the sex, and I see alot more bondage and kinky sex added to the mix too (CSI Vegas good example) and so now... what is there to put you a little on edge anymore?

Nothing much left.

However, now that all these things are no longer shocking, the kids that never grew up in a time when things were shocking - think it's pretty normal.

I know you're not talking about me. I love gore shows and I can handle sex scenes - I prefer the two not be mixed, however. My preference. I would love to have been able to take my daughter to the horror show - but it wasn't a horror show, it was a sex show. She can stick to Freddy Kruger where there is much less of that stuff.

I almost took her. I'm glad I didn't. Goodness, this kid listens to heavy metal, did the time warp at four, Rocky Horror two years ago and HAS DUSTED MY DUNGEON - I'm certainly no prude of a parent.

It used to be scary movies were scary because things scared you. Then people got desensitized, so they upped the ante and it got to the gore factor. Then they upped it again when gore didn't bother anyone anymore, so they tossed sex in there too. Used to be scantily clad women were enticing, but people got desensitized, so they went to nudity and then to sex, then added violence to the sex, and I see alot more bondage and kinky sex added to the mix too (CSI Vegas good example) and so now... what is there to put you a little on edge anymore?

Nothing much left.

However, now that all these things are no longer shocking, the kids that never grew up in a time when things were shocking - think it's pretty normal.

Glitch, I think sex was always a big part of horror movies. I'm sure you know the cliche that if teenagers have sex in a horror movie, we all know they are the next to die. (See Kevin Bacon in the first Friday the 13th.) The sex may be graphic now, but it was always there.

But something HAS changed by the time we get to the Saw and Hostel series. To me, it has something to do with depicting slow torture. I just can't see the pleasure in watching that.

Used to be the question when watching a horror movie was "Will the good guys get away?" Now it seems to be "How long can they suffer before they finally bleed out?"

At least Hitchcock knew a suspense film was supposed to be fun in between the scary parts... (Okay, it's official. I am now an old fart.)

Glitch, I think sex was always a big part of horror movies. I'm sure you know the cliche that if teenagers have sex in a horror movie, we all know they are the next to die. (See Kevin Bacon in the first Friday the 13th.) The sex may be graphic now, but it was always there.

But something HAS changed by the time we get to the Saw and Hostel series. To me, it has something to do with depicting slow torture. I just can't see the pleasure in watching that.

Used to be the question when watching a horror movie was "Will the good guys get away?" Now it seems to be "How long can they suffer before they finally bleed out?"

At least Hitchcock knew a suspense film was supposed to be fun in between the scary parts... (Okay, it's official. I am now an old fart.)

Naaa, you're not an old fart! I'm 27 and I LOVE Hitchcock's films! LOL

It wasn't television that messed up these children. I would bet atleast one of them was himself sexually assaulted and threatened.

I agree. Someone better be getting ALL of these kids some intensive counseling.

My memory from the Dark Ages is that lots of 9-year-old boys knew about sex, if only because they'd heard of it from backstreet gossip. Others were having sex in some form or another, whether they knew what to call it or not.

If I were to blame anything for a climate of sexual crudeness, I'd blame the way we portray sex, not knowledge of sex itself. And I don't mean naked bodies, which I doubt hurt anyone. But much of the sex portrayed today is coercive, if not actually violent.

Right, I think some may confuse ignorance with innocence where sex education is concerned making it difficult to talk to children about what they may be exposed to on tv, in games & in other media.

[SIZE=]Just my opinion but I think there are a lot of causes for it. TV for one. Even regular TV has people calling each other *advertiser censored* and bastards. I remember while growing up being taught that a minister and teacher is someone you can confide and trust and that a police officer is there to protect you. Now on TV we have teachers having sex with students, ministers violating the young and officers being arrested for corruption, murder and assault. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=]We have parents that cant spank their kids because they will be arrested. Play time has been replaced with video games which a majority of them has you killing someone else and even having sex. You have cartoons that although are adult geared (south park)...it's just sick and sad. The young are bombarded with violence and gore. Sex is even in commercials. I was even reading People magazine and saw a Vo5 ad. On one side it had a young man and woman getting into an elevator then the other page showed the doors open, their hair messy and clothes half torn off and the caption read, "may need to be reapplied after vigorous activity." And to back to TV we have "Bob" with his erectile dysfunction ad. I'm not a religious person but I would like to see more wholesome/family value TV. I see the 80s as the end of the innocence for our society. TV only plays what we as a society tolerates. Its like a virus. You can monitor what your children watch but they are still exposed to it at school by the other children who pick up the language. Out side my house the other day there were kids playing and one of the boys got mad at the girl and called her an F*ing *B* and I did correct that boy. I'm not one to correct other peoples children but I have to live here and I don't want to be out watering my lawn and have to listen to it. If their parents tolerate it, then they need to keep it in the privacy of their own home. [/SIZE]

This is disgusting. My nine-year-old son doesn't even really know what sex is!!!! I mean, he gets the general idea, but that's about it.

I don't think what kids see on TV cause them to do these things. I don't believe in censorship but I believe the PARENTS are the ones responsible for making sure their kids AREN'T seeing stuff like MTV.

My point is, where did these young kids learn that it was okay to force a child into a sexual act???? At ages 8 and 9, any child should know that it's wrong to force anyone to do something they don't want to do.

I wonder if maybe these children had been molested? My experience with kids this young being highly sexualized is that they have generally been violated in some way prior to the inappropriate behavior.

There is a lot of media sex out there, but I don't find it that hard to manage in my home. We have one TV downstairs and it stays off 85% of the time. If it's on and my kids are watching something, I know what they are watching.

I appreciate vulgarity (Knocked Up is the funniest movie I've seen all year), but it's easy enough not to take my children to a movie that is vulgar - all sorts of places give you that information. I wouldn't waste my money to see anything with Dane Cook in it, but I still know that Good Luck Chuck was filled with sex.

These young boys who are being charged with rape have been reared and weaned on inappropriate material. Perhaps they have not been physically sexually abused, but they have seen a lot of inappropriate sexual stuff. That's Mom and Dad's fault - not society's.

Censorship is nonsense. Censor your own life, but leave my choices to me.

Hey Indy, ya watched MTV lately? :eek:

Have YOU watched MTV lately? Honestly, its not even that bad anymore ive actually seen worse on FOX and ABC (private practive, greys, bachelor, those random comedy shows) Have you ever watched an episode of The Hills, Laguna Beach, Newport Harbor, Life of Ryan...which are the most played shows...THEY BARELY SHOW KISSING...seriously.

KC MTV and VH1 are some of the worst cable channels there are!!

I haven't seen any context for this crime-maybe this was a dare, did the kids have older siblings, had they been through health class recently, maybe they were trying to join a gang? (I am not familiar with the section of the country.) Was the 9 year old held down or was she coerced? Please don't misunderstand me rape is rape and it is abhorrent expecially the age of the perps.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starrynight8974
Back