Found Deceased NC - Gayle Fleming, 63, Clemmons, 17 April 2016

Yes - I have seen that page requesting funding for food & refreshments and thought it odd as well. I participated in the search on Sunday, but did not expect anyone to provide food or refreshments for me, I brought my own. It would make more sense to possibly raise money to bring in professional searchers, a private investigator or reward money for tips. Since the Sheriff's dept has indicated there will be no further searching at Tanglewood, not sure how nonprofessional searchers would even know where to start searching.

I would not contribute to a funding cause online unless I could be certain the money would be used appropriately. <snipped for focus>

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. I also think you bring up a great point about future searches; with no leads as to where else she may be, what's the point of searching anywhere else right now?

I'm not getting a good vibe in this case. I don't really like it when their car is found without the missing person. It doesn't, usually, end well.

The article says this is the first time anyone from the family has talked to the media. I wonder if we will now hear more from them, particularly her husband, going forward.

My guess is, if the husband feels under any suspicion at all, he will not speak publicly, especially if he has spoken to an attorney. In cases like this, husbands are sometimes discouraged from speaking to the media to prevent the possibility of words or actions being misinterpreted or misconstrued.

I am wondering if GF got to the park during a slow time, parked next to someone & they grabbed her, pulled her in their vehicle and took off.

A woman in her 60s doesn't seem to me the most likely candidate for a stranger abduction. All the cases of females where this has definitely happened, or seems most likely to be what happened, concern teenagers or women in their 20s. Are there any other cases that you can think of where this has happened to an older woman?

Notwithstanding comment about her age in the abduction context, 63 does seem tragically young to be possibly suffering from dementia.

A woman in her 60s doesn't seem to me the most likely candidate for a stranger abduction. All the cases of females where this has definitely happened, or seems most likely to be what happened, concern teenagers or women in their 20s. Are there any other cases that you can think of where this has happened to an older woman?

Notwithstanding comment about her age in the abduction context, 63 does seem tragically young to be possibly suffering from dementia.

I agree it is unlikely she was abducted. Also, it was later reported in the media that members of her family said she was not suffering from any health issues that might explain her disappearance.

I cannot believe they have done a grid search of Tanglewood Park. Would be surprised if they have even checked the lakes there, and the park backs up to the Yadkin River.

Police report says husband was reporting person and she left after an argument. Also of note, is that they are also interested in searching a white 2006 lexus Rx400, presumably her husband's car
report.png

Police report says husband was reporting person and she left after an argument. Also of note, is that they are also interested in searching a white 2006 lexus Rx400, presumably her husband's car
View attachment 93744

Thank you for this! Can you confirm where you read that she left after an argument and that LE wants to search the white Lexus? I don't see that in your attached report.

Also interested in who the other "involved" party is from the police report, as I haven't heard that name associated with GF's disappearance.

Thank you for this! Can you confirm where you read that she left after an argument and that LE wants to search the white Lexus? I don't see that in your attached report.

Also interested in who the other "involved" party is from the police report, as I haven't heard that name associated with GF's disappearance.

Full Public Record Report Here

https://www.scribd.com/doc/311494812/Police-Report

View attachment 93744

Thank you for posting this - it does fill in some blanks for me. At the search I participated in, Gayle's husband had said he did not know where she was going when she left home that morning & I thought that odd. I thought maybe he was not the last to see her, but if they had an argument, that could explain why she did not tell him where she was going, assuming that is true. Women usually have a friend or friends they talk to if they are angry with their husband. I wonder if Gayle spoke to a friend or was seen by anyone after the argument?

Since LE seem convinced she is not in the park, it suggests to me that they may suspect foul play by her husband or someone else. Otherwise, how do you explain her car being found at the park with no purse & no keys?

I check in on this thread every so often. Im from Winston-Salem and we go see the christmas lights display at Tanglewood when Im in town during Christmas. This case is baffling to me. I hope she is found safe. Maybe took off for a bit to clear her head some where....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back