Found Deceased NC - Gayle Fleming, 63, Clemmons, 17 April 2016

I was sad this has moved to page 2. I'm not local but in NC & I was hoping for more news coverage or updates.

I was sad this has moved to page 2. I'm not local but in NC & I was hoping for more news coverage or updates.

Yes, the last media report that I found was May 3. There are no more searches planned that I am aware of either. The news media seems to quickly lose interest in missing person cases these days, they seem to prefer "fluff".

Just means they interviewed her, nothing more. There are two more pages of names.

Then why wouldn't she be listed on those other pages? Why is her name listed after SF? Was she present in the home at the time of the argument?

I am a resident of Forsyth County and am sorely disappointed with the lack of media coverage of this disappearance.

Me too. I am guessing the authorities know a lot more than theyre leading most to believe...

One of our local news channels, WXII12 ran a brief update last night that Gayle has not been found, along with a new picture of her. They also reported again that LE does not believe foul play has occurred. Sorry, this woman has been missing for nearly a month now, her car found abandoned at Tanglewood park. The park has been searched at least three times with no trace of her.found. And LE says no foul play? Also, I have noticed a private security vehicle on patrol in the park that I don't remember seeing before Gayle went missing.

Unfortunately, WXII12 did not post the update on their web site so I can't provide a link.

It is possible she left on her own. It's just so strange they have no leads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live about a mile from Tanglewood Park and Ms. Fleming's home. Two days after she'd disappeared, I went to the Clemmons library and saw a large "missing" poster on the notices board, and I stopped to read it. It was the first time I learned of her having gone missing; we just moved here to Clemmons from several states away and we are refurbishing our home and not watching the news much.

The poster clearly stated that she "may be suicidal". I don't know who created the poster or put it there, but it was large and "official" looking. I haven't been back to the library, so do not know if it is still there. I never heard this fact mentioned on the news, and I'm not sure why it was left out of news reports.

There are some aggressive forms of dementia that occur earlier than what we are accustomed to. My aunt passed away at 65 from a form of Alzheimers and I know someone who was diagnosed with Pick's Disease, another form of dementia that can cause brain deterioration and death at an early (relatively speaking) age. One could certainly become extremely depressed in the earlier stages of such a disease, knowing what lies ahead.

C

I live about a mile from Tanglewood Park and Ms. Fleming's home. Two days after she'd disappeared, I went to the Clemmons library and saw a large "missing" poster on the notices board, and I stopped to read it. It was the first time I learned of her having gone missing; we just moved here to Clemmons from several states away and we are refurbishing our home and not watching the news much.

The poster clearly stated that she "may be suicidal". I don't know who created the poster or put it there, but it was large and "official" looking. I haven't been back to the library, so do not know if it is still there. I never heard this fact mentioned on the news, and I'm not sure why it was left out of news reports.

There are some aggressive forms of dementia that occur earlier than what we are accustomed to. My aunt passed away at 65 from a form of Alzheimers and I know someone who was diagnosed with Pick's Disease, another form of dementia that can cause brain deterioration and death at an early (relatively speaking) age. One could certainly become extremely depressed in the earlier stages of such a disease, knowing what lies ahead.

C

There has been conflicting information reported about the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. A link to the sheriff dept's incident report states she left home after an argument & has not returned. There was no mention of her being suicidal or having a health condition, although I don't know if that type of information would be included in an incident report.

The incident report also included a list of persons who have presumably been interviewed. On the list are 2 elderly people with last name Redcay. I had noticed that, on her FB page, GF has Redcay listed as one of her last names in parenthesis, as some women do to note their maiden name. I looked up the address of the 2 elderly people & they have the same address as GF & her husband. So I am thinking maybe they are GF's parents & are living with GF & her husband.

There is so little information being reported, so it is difficult to understand why LE seem to believe she has not met with foul play. As some others have said, LE know more than they are saying, at least we hope so!

Local news reports stated early on that she was on Silver Alert status because she takes meds for high blood pressure and that she'd left home without it. They also mentioned dementia.

I find it hard to believe they've covered all of Tanglewood Park. It is a 1,100 acre park and a good half of it is deep woods. Its name actually comes from the woman whose father gifted the manor house that still stands in the park to her; she thought it very difficult to walk through the grounds due to all of the tangled wood.

I've seen the "old" picture of GF in the news and she looks like she is wearing braces. Her FB page had some comments on it (though I can't find them now) about how great she was looking with her significant weight loss. The new picture, compared to the older one looks like she has dental veneers now, too, though that could just be the photography. Anyway, if my observations are correct, she went on a self-improvement journey right around the same time as she and her husband opened their antiques business in Statesville, NC. She would have met a lot of people there, and it makes my overactive imagination wonder if she left with a romantic partner. She easily could have staged an argument so she would have had reason to leave her house without saying where she was going.

I am writing a murder mystery (doesn't have anything to do with this story) so admittedly, I have DO an overactive imagination. :)

One of GF's family members posted on FB that someone set up a bogus FB page using GF's name. Apparently whoever created the bogus FB started sending friend requests to GF's friends & family, giving them false hope until they realized it was a bogus page.

One of GF's family members posted on FB that someone set up a bogus FB page using GF's name. Apparently whoever created the bogus FB started sending friend requests to GF's friends & family, giving them false hope until they realized it was a bogus page.

How awful for the poor family.

The comments I saw on FB were from a few days after GF's disappearance.

This case has virtually disappeared from the news here in Clemmons. I never even see an update or brief reference to it, and haven't seen one in weeks.

How awful for the poor family.

The comments I saw on FB were from a few days after GF's disappearance.

This case has virtually disappeared from the news here in Clemmons. I never even see an update or brief reference to it, and haven't seen one in weeks.

Yes CinNC, the family must be going through an emotional rollercoaster. Especially given the news media seem to have all but forgotten GF. The news media just no longer seem interested in covering missing persons cases.

You are absolutely right. I guess "no news" is not something the media wants to cover. If GF is found, they will be all over it.

While I don't expect LE and the news to tell me how to live my life, it would be nice to know whether they consider the park safe or not. As a 60 year old female, this situation doesn't make me want to go enjoy the park as I used to do. I like to go there and take nature photos but now I just do it from inside my locked car.

While it is never a good idea to throw caution to the wind where safety is concerned, it is still disconcerting to wonder whether there are predatory people in the park.All LE has said is that no foul play is suspected.

I would certainly like to know what has led LE to surmise that no foul play is involved. I also remember earlier reports about possible dementia, but then they sort of backpedaled on that. I hope and pray she was not suicidal, but even if this is true, I pray that she will be found. Right now, the lack of any clues or confirmations from LE leads to so much speculation and even fear (as CinNC noted).

I would certainly like to know what has led LE to surmise that no foul play is involved. I also remember earlier reports about possible dementia, but then they sort of backpedaled on that. I hope and pray she was not suicidal, but even if this is true, I pray that she will be found. Right now, the lack of any clues or confirmations from LE leads to so much speculation and even fear (as CinNC noted).

It certainly is all very mysterious. One of the family members at a search I took part in said they were looking for clues like a purse or shoe & said GF took her purse when she left that morning, but neither the purse, nor car keys were found in her car. I don' t know any woman who takes a purse with her when going for walks in the park. Also, LE has said more than once they don't believe GF is in the park & there have been no additional searches.

So what did LE discover in their investigation to have them conclude no foul play & do they have any theories as to GF's whereabouts? With her purse & keys missing, how can they rule out abduction? More questions than answers...smh

The manner and cause of death are pending further analysis of toxicology reports, Stanley said. The examination found no signs of trauma. There was some decomposition to the body, due to being exposed to weather and water for "some period of time."

I am so very sad about this. :(

:rose: R.I.P. Gayle! :rose:

CinNC said how surprised she was that LE claimed to have searched the whole area there and mentioned this body of water. And then she hasn't posted in almost 2 weeks. I hope that she is okay and just too busy writing to come visit. Your insight proved correct. Sadly...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back