Identified! NC - Glenville, WhtMale 969UMNC, 15-18, Thorpe Reservoir dam, Feb'84 - James Reymer

Wouldn't 71" make him 5'11"? If so, I think that might eliminate a few more of those on the shorter end...

This is either slightly off-topic or slightly all-topics...

That conversion always gives me trouble. I have to get out paper and actually think (so hard that I usually just get more confused) to get those calculations right.

What I mean is... It's easy to calculate that 71" (in inches) is 5.91667' (in feet) but that's not how we talk about someone's height.

I found a page that will convert the 71" to 5'11" without having to think too much or do too much with the 12"=1'.
It looks like it will convert other things (metric-to-U.S. and the like) too, if you fool around with it.

http://www.metric-conversions.org/length/inches-to-feet.htm

O/T: Duh! Thanks Bflocket! ^^ I have always just calculated it by dividing by 12 without even thinking about it. But, obviously that is not how it is calculated. If 60 is 5 feet, which I know is right, then 71 has to be 5'11". Seems I am not the only one, the NCMEC Facebook page also says 5'9" which is where I took it from.

I fixed my post above.

Thank you bflocket, and thank you for the tip on searching for a thread, it's a good one!

Go to their NamUs profile; highlight the case number; right click search with google. Add websleuths to it; gives you the link.

He has a much better resemblance to the NCMEC reconstruction. And his vital stats match too.

86c72d5e-7e90-4cef-b5a7-d53c9c8b80ac_zps0183c0fb.jpg
attachment.php

From what I recall, this John Doe had clean dentals - No fillings or missing teeth. I wonder if you can say that about Kevin Ellsworth.

According to the circumstances, he was supposedly in a building that had burnt down. If so, they should have found his remains. Structure fires don't normally burn hot enough to completely obliterate human remains.

And I recall just recently, there was a guy who showed up alive, a few decades after he supposedly died in a burning building.

Did anyone turn it in?

As Mark Twain said, "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." The biography written on the placemat strikes me as something he was using to help himself remember a fabricated past, probably for filling out job applications and then attending interviews for the jobs.

If these notes were for his own benefit, I can see him jotting down the exact months of his employment, but who needs to write down where he attended high school or that he'd been in the military? Those are things he'd just remember. Also, if he really was 15-18 in December 1983, then he presumably hadn't been out of high school for more than a year (maybe two if he legally dropped out at 16) so how could he have been working (I assume steadily) from December 1978 through January 1983 at two jobs in Tennessee while attending high school in Illinois? And how would he have fit in basic training and military service during this time?

Wanted to throw this out as a possibility:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27117/0

AG_1.jpg 969UMNC.jpg

Age last seen 15 to 15 years old
Height (inches) 70.0
Weight (pounds) 150.0

Here are the circumstances per Namus:

Per law enforcement - Andrew Jackson Greer II (Bowman) is a white male with a birth date of 08-11-1963. He was born at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Mt. Clemens, Michigan in Macomb County. At the time of his disappearance Andrew was 15 years, 6 months and 1 day old, he was approximately 5’10 and weighed 150lbs. He had a slim build and medium length, slightly wavy brown/blond hair and blue eyes. At the time of his disappearance Andrew was living at 14501 Burton Rd in Clayton, Michigan in Lenawee County.

On 02-12-1979 Andrew was reported missing by his mother. According to the report Michigan State Police Trooper Randall E. Tripp was called to 14501 Burton Rd to investigate the disappearance of Andrew at 5:10PM (1710) on 02-12-1979. Trooper Tripp arrived at the residence at 5:45PM (1745) and cleared the scene at 6:45PM (1845). The report indicates that Andrew's mother reported to Trooper Tripp that her son Andrew had run away from home and the last time he was seen was at approximately 3:00PM on US127 in Addison, Michigan. The last time that Andrew was confirmed as been seen was leaving Addison High School in Addison, MI.

What do you all think? I think the false ID and background fits with being on the run for 5 years. IDK, but the date Andrew was last seen and date the UID was found is 5 years to the day...kinda spooky.

As Mark Twain said, "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." The biography written on the placemat strikes me as something he was using to help himself remember a fabricated past, probably for filling out job applications and then attending interviews for the jobs.

If these notes were for his own benefit, I can see him jotting down the exact months of his employment, but who needs to write down where he attended high school or that he'd been in the military? Those are things he'd just remember. Also, if he really was 15-18 in December 1983, then he presumably hadn't been out of high school for more than a year (maybe two if he legally dropped out at 16) so how could he have been working (I assume steadily) from December 1978 through January 1983 at two jobs in Tennessee while attending high school in Illinois? And how would he have fit in basic training and military service during this time?

If it's a fake resume, there's no reason it would have to fit with his own timeline. He would have tailored it to fit the stolen identity.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out this young man was acquainted with the main whose identity he was using.

Kevin has a pin or screw in his hand and JD didn't so it's unlikely they are a match.

Where are you seeing that Kevin had a pin/screw in his hand? I checked the medical page of his NAMUS profile and nothing is noted...am I looking in the wrong place?

Wanted to throw this out as a possibility:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27117/0

View attachment 66155 View attachment 66156

Age last seen 15 to 15 years old
Height (inches) 70.0
Weight (pounds) 150.0

Here are the circumstances per Namus:

What do you all think? I think the false ID and background fits with being on the run for 5 years. IDK, but the date Andrew was last seen and date the UID was found is 5 years to the day...kinda spooky.

I think Andrew is a possibility too! Close resemblance to the 1st sketch and other info matches. I think whoever it is was a runaway - I think both Kevin and Andrew are good possibilities.

A little more info on this john doe.

According to the linked article he listed Streamwood High School on his resume. Streamwood High School opened in 1978 as a 2 yr campus with Sophmore and Junior students. It became a 3 yr campus in 1979 and a 4 year campus in 1982. (source pg. 5 linked PDF) http://www1.u-46.org/cnt/docs/HandbookSHS2013-14.pdf

MSM article:
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20150227/news/150228937/

His former employer describes him as having the perfect model face and describes him as being better looking than the most recent recon. She also describes him as wearing his hair shorter and it being parted to the side.

The timeline is a little tight, but not impossible. If he went to Streamwood High for a half school year and dropped out (The legal age to drop out of HS in IL in the late 70's/early 80's was 16) he could have been 16 when he left.

He was probably local to the Chicagoland area if he was even aware of Streamwood HS (Streamwood would be considered the NW burbs). IF he wasn't someone he was traveling with had to be.

Gacy was arrested in December of 78. I wonder if this young mans family contacted Cook County Sheriff's office when they put the media out looking to id the remaining Gacy UID's. If Cook County has a list of all the the persons they checked which were not matches, perhaps this info would be useful to NC authorities.

I came across this John Doe a couple of days ago and haven't been able to get him out of my head.

While I do think that the placemat background is made up, I believe he stayed sort of close to the truth. I believe this John Doe is originally from Illinois.

I have spent a good amount of yesterday finding possible matches for the reverend who gave the bible to "John". While I could not find a R. E. Sounders that could be a fit, I found a Reverend Robert E. Souders in Belleville, IL (now Caseyville, IL), who has who served at St. Matthew United Methodist Church in Belleville, Illinois from 1965 to 2002. Moreover he was a boy scouts volunteer for more than twenty years. (The inscription might be misread, which is entirely possible if it was written in cursive.)
I believe that our John Doe was at one point very close to Rev. Souders, received the bible from him and always kept it with him. Moreover I believe that his real name was John. I think someone should talk to pastor Souders about this John Doe.

If anyone feels like following up on that lead, please feel free. I am not from America and can not call it in to LE.

Best regards,
devertere

This UP has been identified as James Allen Reymer. I don't believe he was ever reported missing. Handsome young man, may he RIP.
From HelpIDMe FB page, run by NCMEC;snp'd for copyright
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has announced the identification of the John Doe found in Glenville in 1984 as missing 16-year-old James “Jimmy” Allen Reymer. Evidence suggested the John Doe may have had ties to Streamwood, Illinois and Memphis, Tennessee. In 2015, NCMEC featured the boy’s facial reconstruction on its social media platforms and pushed information out to media outlets in those two areas.
A classmate of Jimmy Reymer saw the #NCMEC facial reconstruction featured in the Daily Herald (here: https://goo.gl/mUWfpx) and recognized him instantly. The classmate contacted NCMEC and reported the tip.
Jimmy went missing from #Memphis, Tennessee in June of 1983 and was never heard from again. Jimmy was living with a family friend in Memphis at the time he disappeared but was originally from #Streamwood, Illinois.
Over the next two years NCMEC staff and authorities with Memphis PD, Streamwood PD, and Jackson County Sheriff’s Office thoroughly followed up on the tip. A combination of the information developed and forensic evaluations provided strong evidence for North Carolina authorities to make the identification with support of Jimmy’s family.
While many agencies helped resolve this lead, we are extremely thankful of the classmate that made that initial tip that helped find a 16-year-old that had been missing for 33 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back