Identified! NC - Glenville, WhtMale 969UMNC, 15-18, Thorpe Reservoir dam, Feb'84 - James Reymer

I was just re-reading the old news articles about this case; the owner of the restaurant where he worked had also invested a lot of time trying to find out who he was after he was discovered deceased. It sounded like she was really fond of him, even though she had to let him go because he was caught stealing from the business. I hope she's still around to finally "know" who he was and can have some closure, too.
My heart goes out to them all.

I remember searching for possible matches for him. I was afraid he would never be identifed, because he was cremated. I'm happy I was wrong and that he's been identifed. RIP James "Jimmy" Allen Reymer

So, at least some of the details in his resume were truthful. He did come from Streamwood IL and had most recently been in Memphis.

Sleep peacefully Jimmy. I'm glad he's been id'd and the recon worked. Prayers said for his family and friends.

Jimmy's sister shares some childhood photos of her and her brother and recalls the last time she had seen him.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20170227/news/170229106/

The last things she knew for sure about her brother was that he'd left the home of family friend and former neighbor Homer "Mack" MacFadden after reportedly stealing money from the man's wallet, and that he had been seen walking across a bridge away from town.

Schrade said she was hurt by remarks she saw connected to recent news articles about the positive identification of Jimmy's body asking why the family never looked for him.

"I want them to realize we never stopped looking for him," she said. "Authorities weren't very helpful when you're three states away. My mother never closed the door to him."

Jimmy's disappearance occurred long before online resources were available, but when the internet came along, the family tried in vain to find clues there to their loved one's whereabouts.

Jimmy's sister shares some childhood photos of her and her brother and recalls the last time she had seen him.
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20170227/news/170229106/

Thanks for posting this. It broke my heart. It really bothers me all the people who judge families for not reporting or not looking for their missing loved ones, when it's obvious they did. They just didn't have the same resources that we do today that help bridge the communication gap between agencies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back