Found Safe NC - HB, 16, Charlotte, 23 May 2016 *Arrest*

Very happy H is home....

Now what will his excuse be? Who will his lawyers be?

[h=1]Missing North Carolina girl's alleged captor held in Georgia[/h]
A Georgia man was ordered on Monday to remain in jail on charges related to the disappearance of a North Carolina teenager found alive over the weekend after she had been missing for more than a year.
"Agents from the local office and Gwinnett County police went out to the location and took the suspect in custody without trouble," Lynch said in a phone interview.

The suspect, Michael Ren Wysolovski, 31, appeared in court in Lawrenceville on Monday on local charges of false imprisonment, aggravated sodomy, interference with custody and cruelty to children.

Magistrate Judge Jane McKinney appointed Wysolovski a lawyer and ordered him to stay in jail without bail. The lawyer was not in court and did not immediately comment by phone.

Authorities have not released further details about the case.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-georgia-disappearance-idUSKBN19H1SF

Respectfully, do you think she enjoyed being held captive, and sodomized by a 30 year old predator who made her use a pacifier and call him daddy?

She was a 16 year old kid. One with disabilities. I mean heck, we see case after case of kids, even full grown adults lured and held captive who don't seek help at the first opportunity because they're conditioned and petrified- Shawn Hornbeck, Jaycee Dugard, Patty Hearst, "The Girl in the Box, Natascha Kampusch.

The fact is, she did ultimately seek help. Despite the limitations of her disability and whatever threats he made and control he had.

Such questions to me insinuate...something. Something I don't like.

She's a victim who survived her captivity as her rescue and the charges evidence.

I wasn't insinuating anything at all and of course I don't think she "enjoyed" being held against her will and have her behavior dictated to her.

I have a couple possible thoughts on why:

1. Maybe he gave her more freedom as time went on
2. Maybe the online contact was through a game or app that he didn't realize allowed chatting
3. She has a form of high functioning autism (Aspergers) so perhaps she did not know how to contact the police or thought she had to put up with the abuse. Who knows what this sicko told her-- he might have lied and said her parents didn't want her back.
4. In a previous interview her parents said they had kept her away from social media (no phone, no computer) but she met this man online using friend's devices and the school library computer. So while she knew somewhat how to use a smart phone/computer she might not have understood she could use it to contact ANYONE.

Bottom line is I really think her her Aspergers played into this. She was especially vulnerable, easily manipulated by him and it's a miracle the predator kept her alive for a year, IMO.

That makes a ton of sense - all of it. Thank you. That's all I was wondering.

The person from Romania that got her to take a picture out of a window had remarkable presence of mind to think of doing that.

Welcome MissLaura :)

:welcome:

Child imprisoned and denied food while captive:

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/lo...cle_57746b89-32bb-5c87-b90d-30fb46335730.html

For the past year, a missing teenage girl has been living as a prisoner in an unsuspecting middle-class Duluth neighborhood, where she was reportedly made to perform sexual favors in exchange for food.

“She was confined in an upstairs bedroom and told she’d be arrested if she left,” according to additional information in a warrant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't insinuating anything at all and of course I don't think she "enjoyed" being held against her will and have her behavior dictated to her.
I think you asked a valid question; I would guess that maybe her means of contact was not one that allowed her to choose who to contact? Like a chat site of some sort?

While I'm glad she's been located and reunited with her parents, I do have to wonder if she had access to online chat to meet this Romanian woman, why she didn't reach out to LE?

Sounds like a valid question to me, and I'm glad some possible answers have been offered. JMO, but if we stop asking obvious, logical questions for fear of offending those who might misinterpret them, we cease to think and fully discover the whys and wherefores of a crime in this forum.

IMHO

There is a daily mail article stating the two met in a chat room for eating disorders and that he made her record caloric intake. I would like but am having a hard time. So strange and awful.

There is a daily mail article stating the two met in a chat room for eating disorders and that he made her record caloric intake. I would like but am having a hard time. So strange and awful.

I guess he could have been trying to help her by doing so. He may have been counting her cakories to make sure she got enough? I know thats something you have to do with extreme cases.Then again she was malnourished I thought, so that seems unlikely

After keeping a teenage girl in sexual captivity for more than a year, Michael Wysolovski will not go to prison.

The 33-year-old Duluth man was sentenced to 10 years with eight months to serve in jail after pleading guilty to first-degree cruelty to children and interstate interference with custody Thursday afternoon. He received credit for the eight months he was held in the Gwinnett County Detention Center before receiving bond in February 2018. That means his prison time has already been accounted for and he will serve the remaining nine years and four months on probation and must register as a sex offender.
Gwinnett man gets time served after sexually abusing captive teen

That is an inadequate sentence. He should have received serious sentences for kidnapping and rape.

Expert Explains Why Teen Girl Didn't Try to Escape Captivity for 13 Months: 'You Give Up Hope'

June 20, 2019

In May 2016, B*, then 16, walked out of her Charlotte, North Carolina, home to meet the 31-year-old man, Michael Wysolovski. He kidnapped her, and B says that in the ensuing 13 months, she was raped, tortured, starved and sometimes locked for hours in a dog cage during her long captivity at multiple locations in Georgia.

[...]

Addressing why she waited so long to ask for help, B, now 19, says Wysolovski told her that her parents didn’t want her and controlled all aspects of her life, including what she ate, what she wore and when she spoke.

[...]

Wysolovski tested his control over B by bringing her to supermarkets to buy things she had “earned” through sexual acts. He even moved the pair into a second home with three roommates for a few months — but B still never asked for help.

“You cease to trust anyone, you cease to be able to think, all the normal rules of the world kind of fall apart and particularly if he was that controlling and frightening,” Galietta says. “You really have no access to how do you know if that person— those other people— aren’t going to retaliate and hurt you or tell him and hurt you and you’re going to be dead.”

Expert Explains Why Teen Girl Didn't Try to Escape Captivity for 13 Months: 'You Give Up Hope'

*HB's name changes to initials by me.

BBM. I don't recall reading that before. It's too bad none of the roommates recognized her. Still unbelievable that this creep got no prison time at all! :mad: IMHO he should have been be facing federal charges for taking her to another state for sexual purposes. Just like in the case of SLP, the Tennessee girl who was lured by a man from Wisconsin: Found Safe - TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #6 *ARRESTS*
The perp in that case, Bryan Rogers, plead guilty in federal court and is facing up to 10 years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back