NC - Katlin Violette, 4, found decapitated, Clayton, 12 Jan 2007 *Insanity*

I've come to this thread about 9 times today. This is so horrific I just don't know what to say!

Why isn't his picture included? They need to get suspects pics out there ASAP before they can run too far. No, he needs to be beheaded with a dull spoon. Shortly after being castrated with it. And this may sound weird, but I hope he knocked her out somehow beforehand so she wasn't aware.

He's been arrested in a Washington DC Holiday Inn - Sat at 4:30 AM. (On local news just now)

Thank goodness the evil man has been caught. I do not understand the murder of anyone let alone the murder of one's own child. But, what I find especially bizarre and morbid is the method he chose. I want to know what his true motive was. I need to understand this. It is horrible.

Lion

Rachael said:
An eye for an eye. I think he deserves the same thing he did to his daughter, a poor defenseless four year old. I know not everyone thinks that way though. :( :waitasec:

Hi Rachael!

I agree with you! Let's make the punishment fit the crime.

LionRun said:
Thank goodness the evil man has been caught. I do not understand the murder of anyone let alone the murder of one's own child. But, what I find especially bizarre and morbid is the method he chose. I want to know what his true motive was. I need to understand this. It is horrible.

Lion
Hi lion. while I agree with all you have said.I do not think any of us will understand what would possess someone to do such a heinous act on their or anyone elses child. It is too awful to even comprehend.What an evil cruel person this man must be.I bet it was an act of hatred against his wife.

kazzbar said:
Hi lion. while I agree with all you have said. I do not think any of us will understand what would possess someone to do such a heinous act on their or anyone else's child. It is too awful to even comprehend.What an evil cruel person this man must be. I bet it was an act of hatred against his wife.
I think you're right Kazzbar; but, one of my ways of dealing with hearing something so awful is to try to understand why. That poor little child, murdered by her own father. I feel sad for her family, too. Tragic and outrageous.

Lion

On Wednesday, 4-year-old Katlin Violette was supposed to show off a cartwheel and forward roll she'd spent months practicing in her gymnastics class...
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/16461229.htm

I won't attach a label to the man who is responsible for this horror. I refuse to label him as "sick" or "crazy" - to do so would be to classify him as human. He is not.

cathieq said:
On Wednesday, 4-year-old Katlin Violette was supposed to show off a cartwheel and forward roll she'd spent months practicing in her gymnastics class...

I won't attach a label to the man who is responsible for this horror. I refuse to label him as "sick" or "crazy" - to do so would be to classify him as human. He is not.
Thankyou very much for the sad link. Poor little girl.

southcitymom said:
What is the status of the parent's relationship in this case? Are they separated or going through a divorce? I pray that the decaptitation was post-mortem.
Local papers say there was not a history of any domestic or violent issues. he supposedly had either quit or was fird from his job the day before at lowes. He was home with Kaitlin for a Daddy day, Mom home for lunch and then back to work. She was typically in daycare...it is so scary, NC Triangle area is really going to He//, and it makes me wonder what is going on here.....

caffeinatd said:
Local papers say there was not a history of any domestic or violent issues. he supposedly had either quit or was fird from his job the day before at lowes. He was home with Kaitlin for a Daddy day, Mom home for lunch and then back to work. She was typically in daycare...it is so scary, NC Triangle area is really going to He//, and it makes me wonder what is going on here.....
Thank you for that information. I'll bet there's a mental health issue here. Very sad.

I'm sure he will plead Guilty But Insane. My heart goes out to his wife...what a shock to come home and find your precious daughter like that! I'm sure she wouldn't have left her home with Dad, rather than send her to daycare as usual, if she had any idea he was capable of this atrocity.

SewingDeb said:
I'm sure he will plead Guilty But Insane. My heart goes out to his wife...what a shock to come home and find your precious daughter like that! I'm sure she wouldn't have left her home with Dad, rather than send her to daycare as usual, if she had any idea he was capable of this atrocity.
It's especially scary if he had no history of mental behavior. Usually when something like this happens, people start remembering some pretty pertinent bizarreness.

We haven't heard anything yet from people who knew him and/or worked with him. It will be interesting to hear if there were signs in his behavior...especially over the last few weeks...or if this is just out of the blue.

She sounds like such a sweet, caring child from the article I read. Such a shame.

Ok y'all, I just lost it after reading this....

"Neighbors and friends swapped stories Sunday about the well-mannered little girl who had just learned to ride a bike and chatted with her mother about Jesus being her best friend"

Just a flood of tears for that sweet baby....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back