NC - Katlin Violette, 4, found decapitated, Clayton, 12 Jan 2007 *Insanity*

Has anyone seen a link to the 911 tape?
I found this interesting from an article I read today.

A pathologist at the state medical examiner's office in Chapel Hill worked Saturday to determine how Katlin died; police didn't expect results until this week. Allen said there were other "obvious signs of trauma" but declined to describe them. Amber Violette told the dispatcher, "It looks like someone attacked her. ... I'm going to be sick."

http://www.newsobserver.com/141/story/532418.html

"Neighbor B.J. Woodall said he had an uneasy feeling around lunchtime Friday when she saw John Violette speeding into the neighborhood in his stationwagon.

"His face was cringing; he looked like he was disturbed about something," said Woodall, who stood in the yard talking to another neighbor as Violette zoomed by. Woodall said Violette was talking angrily into his cell phone as he raced up to the home's front stoop. "

<snip>

"John Violette worked long hours at Lowe's Home Improvement store several miles away on N.C. 42. Amber Violette picked up a job as a secretary, said neighbor John Walker. The two always made a point of meeting at home every day for lunch. "

http://www.caica.org/4-year-olds-father-taken-into-custody-1-13-07.htm

So according to this neighbor, things did not appear right with Violette when he arrived home at lunchtime. I wonder who he was speaking angerly with on the phone?

The search warrant: http://www.wral.com/news/local/flash/1138111/

It looks like LE is looking for a note pertaining to the death of the child.

From another article:

"Neighbors saw John Violette race to his McKinnon Drive home in his Buick station wagon just after lunch, ranting to himself as he rushed to the front door.

"He was ranting and raving, like somebody was talking to him in his head and he was talking back," said Diana Narron, a neighbor who lives across the street from the Violettes.

Violette was still stirred up when U.S. Marshals tracked him down in a Holiday Inn, walking distance from the Capitol building in Washington, D.C.

"He was screaming Bible passages from Revelations," said Tex Lindsey, a deputy U.S. Marshal and commander of the Eastern District's violent-fugitive task force, which helped search for Violette. Marshals had to knock in the door of his hotel to arrest him. Violette tried to flee twice as he was taken to jail, Lindsey said"

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/533230.html

"he was screaming Bible passages from Revelations".... bingo. why is this not a surprise.....????

southcityfm said:
Yep...there it is...I was waiting for it.

exactly and I'll bet you he will have the full support of his church and his wife saying what a great husband and father he was. She has already made the statement that she is praying for him. What I don't understand is the neighbors statement about the apparent state of mind that he was in when he arrived home. If the wife was there for lunch, how did she not see that?

because she was in a state of religious delusion herself....???? hhmmmmmm...........

southcitymom said:
Well, really, what else can you do for someone who is barking mad?

I had made a post about the inactivity of people around him and that this behavior didn't show up on that day only. Someone was either in denial or figured prayer could heal him. Out of control individuals should never be exposed to innocent children who have no defense.

God gives us the responsibility and will to help others who cannot or will not help themselves. It should have been exercised. JMO.

concernedperson said:
I had made a post about the inactivity of people around him and that this behavior didn't show up on that day only. Someone was either in denial or figured prayer could heal him. Out of control individuals should never be exposed to innocent children who have no defense.

God gives us the responsibility and will to help others who cannot or will not help themselves. It should have been exercised. JMO.
I didn't get from the article that a number of people has seen this behavior. I will go read it again. Of course if there had been ongoing bizarre behavior (and there usually has been in these cases), he should not have been allowed around the child unmonitored.

Shadow205 said:
exactly and I'll bet you he will have the full support of his church and his wife saying what a great husband and father he was. She has already made the statement that she is praying for him. What I don't understand is the neighbors statement about the apparent state of mind that he was in when he arrived home. If the wife was there for lunch, how did she not see that?
If I read & recall correctly, Amber (the wife) was home from 11:30am-12:30pm and the irratic behavior was noted at 12:55pm by the neighbor.

I find it very odd that people have not been saying that he was crazy from the beginning. I mean.. if I had a neighbor who was always talking to himself, or was ranting and raving mad all the time, I suppose it wouldn't surprise me if he did something crazy. But.. suddenly, after the crime, we have only one person who describes ONE situation on the day of the murder where he was acting a little nuts. Why not more?:confused:

BTW: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=48517154

In this myspace profile, if it is actually him- has a very unusual comment for a father of a 4 year old. In the area where it tells things like- your astrological sign, and other statistics.... it asks if you have children- and this profile says:

"I DON'T WANT CHILDREN" :eek:

LTUlegal said:
If I read & recall correctly, Amber (the wife) was home from 11:30am-12:30pm and the irratic behavior was noted at 12:55pm by the neighbor.
Do you honestly believe this was a one day going crazy incident? I don't.

Maybe she went home everyday to look into his behavior. I dont know but this is not a normal situation that got out of control one day. It, frankly, doesn't happen in real life.

mssheila said:
I find it very odd that people have not been saying that he was crazy from the beginning. I mean.. if I had a neighbor who was always talking to himself, or was ranting and raving mad all the time, I suppose it wouldn't surprise me if he did something crazy. But.. suddenly, after the crime, we have only one person who describes ONE situation on the day of the murder where he was acting a little nuts. Why not more?:confused:

BTW: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=48517154

In this myspace profile, if it is actually him- has a very unusual comment for a father of a 4 year old. In the area where it tells things like- your astrological sign, and other statistics.... it asks if you have children- and this profile says:

I do not think that is him.While I was watching Fox News they showed a photo of the guy. He was Dark skinned.That guy is not him.

mssheila said:

Not wanting to defend the guy, but as far as Myspace profiles go, it seems to default to "I don't want children" if you don't choose something else. At least that's what it did to my husband and I, on each of our Myspace accounts! And we have two very wanted, loved children (although our 16 y/o did his best imitation of a very unloved child after seeing the profile, lol).

Lisahas2cats said:
And we have two very wanted, loved children (although our 16 y/o did his best imitation of a very unloved child after seeing the profile, lol).
This is such a sad story. :(

But Lisa, your above statement made me laugh about your 16 y/o's reaction to that. Too funny. I can just imagine. :)

Lisahas2cats said:
Not wanting to defend the guy, but as far as Myspace profiles go, it seems to default to "I don't want children" if you don't choose something else. At least that's what it did to my husband and I, on each of our Myspace accounts! And we have two very wanted, loved children (although our 16 y/o did his best imitation of a very unloved child after seeing the profile, lol).
That is the default setting -- "I don't want children." And John Patrick Violette is still in his 30s. I found numerous public records that indicate there are two guys, and they have similar names.

Steve

misterallgood said:
That is the default setting -- "I don't want children." And John Patrick Violette is still in his 30s. I found numerous public records that indicate there are two guys, and they have similar names.

Steve
Stands corrected! LOL.

RALEIGH, N.C. — A man accused of decapitating his 4-year-old daughter battled paranoid schizophrenia a decade before the killing, his sister said.

John Patrick Violette, 37, of Clayton, has been charged with murder for the Jan. 12 death of his daughter, Katlin. Denise Violette said her brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia in the mid-1990s at a mental hospital in California.

"I look back and I think, 'We should have never let him out of that place,"' Denise Violette told The News & Observer of Raleigh.

Schizophrenia is a brain disorder that often causes victims to hear and see things that aren't there. It can sometimes go dormant only to erupt in dramatic breaks with reality, mental health experts say.

John Violette's illness appeared to have subsided, and he moved to North Carolina to live with relatives. He soon met Amber Marks at church and the two were married nearly eight years ago. It's unclear whether Violette's wife knew of his past with schizophrenia.

More at link

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,248902,00.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member