NC NC - Kenneth Mohler, 70, Newton, 16 Aug 2012

just noticed my post above didn't exactly sound right. just wanted to clarify....i would have been saddened to find out the body of the man in the river was Mr. Mohler. but i meant that unfortunately the fact that it was another man meant just that. it was an additional person that had been missing and found dead. hope that came out better.

Her name is Lily. She's a sweet little girl . Her parents are local to this area and little is known about them. On another note, 1216 12th Ave SW was mentioned as an address for Ken maybe being held there , however after driving to the location , behind Roses on Hwy 70SW , this address does not exist...there is a 1260 12th Ave Sw , registered to Doris Price. The City of Hickory may have changed this address for enhanced 911 , or other reason, because the house almost directly across the street is 1221. And there is a COH pumping station in the woods right beside the 1221 address. The woods in the 12th Street section were searched , by my family at approximately what should have been the 1216 address , by the Moose Lodge, we found nothing.

I used to live on the Caldwell County side of Lake Hickory, just beyond the 321 bridge (near MDI). I know exactly where that Roses is and the community about which you are speaking.
We now live in Gaston County, but still not far. I have been so concerned about Mr. Mohler and didn't see anything about him in our paper here today. Was there anything about him in the Hickory Daily-Record?
BTW, thanks for the local perspective...and welcome to WS, pianoman!

On phone and cant link, but body found here in dallas in a semi has still not been id'd....is that too far?
Prob a longshot...

Is this Dallas, TX or Dallas, NC? There is a Dallas, NC, not far from Newton where Mr. Mohler was last seen.
BTW, we also have a Waco, NC...not too far from Dallas, NC. Isn't that crazy?

Just wasn't sure which area you were referencing...

This just breaks my heart.

The family also kept their eyes on two stray dogs that have been hanging around the business. They say Ken Mohler fed and watered the dogs, even when he wasn’t working, and they were his constant companions at work.
When investigators took his truck from the site, one of the dogs followed the truck down the long road leading out from the business to Rocky Ford Road and continued on that road a bit. Family members have watched the dogs to see where they go. Ken Mohler Jr. said the strays stuck to his father like glue. One of the dogs just lies around now. On Tuesday, when a white truck that Ken Mohler used to drive left the property, the dog followed it down the road while family members called to it.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...e-alive-search-missing-man-newton-ar-2537767/

I've actually been @ Douglas Wood products searching for Ken.
There is an area over there that looked like a vehicle had driven into the glade down by the woods and trampled weeds wide enough for a body to have been dragged through , further beyond that there is a pathway which leads to a semi cleared area and a stream which has a 4 ft diameter pipe.
The area around the stream bed and the pipe appeared un-disturbed .
There is lots of mulch and wood chips in the other areas in many locations piled high. Had they been disturbed couldn't be assertained due to the heavy rain on Friday. I personally know Ken

Welcome pianoman,:seeya: we are glad you are here and will do all we can to help find Ken. From his list of friends on FB, it shows he was very well thought of. I hope LE can put the puzzle together in finding him.

I have tried to find the hours of operation for Gregory Wood Products on line but have been unsuccessful. I know some businesses in this category work around the clock; especially the mill. Do you know their regular hours? Was Ken's hours normally during the day or do they have maintenance on board at night as well? Were their other maintenance people present in helping him that evening? Do trucks come in and out at all hours? One last ?, does the company have another location? If only for an office or storage? TIA

I haven't looked into the addy you mentioned yet, but can you say why they think he was being held there? Is there a connection to the property or the person who lives there? Co-worker, acquaintance, family member? Any speculation this could be connected to the custody of Lily?

Thank you, and again, welcome to WS.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...ws-suspend-search-body-pond-rock--ar-2539661/

CONOVER N.C. -- As of 10 a.m. Wednesday morning, the Sherrills Ford-Terrell Fire and Rescue water rescue team was no longer conducting an underwater search in a pond at Rock Barn Golf Club & Spa where a couple said they found a body Tuesday evening.

The HDR is awaiting word from the Catawba County Sheriff's Department to confirm why and when the search was ended.

( I really hope they find him alive and well, but its not looking good.)

Sorry just checking back. I dont see anything that rules out the dallas tx body?? Just seeing where he is described as male...did I miss it?
Hope this gentleman is found soon

Map with various locations.

A = Home
B = Work-Gregory Wood Products
C = Search location given by pianoman
D = Golf course where body was found Tuesday night that was searched this morning.
E = Fresh Oil Church (I just wanted to how close to the home this was)

http://goo.gl/maps/qZ5zr

Map with various locations.

A = Home
B = Work-Gregory Wood Products
C = Search location given by pianoman
D = Golf course where body was found Tuesday night that was searched this morning.
E = Fresh Oil Church (I just wanted to how close to the home this was)

http://goo.gl/maps/qZ5zr

Thank you, hollyblue. Your maps are always a big help.

Is this Dallas, TX or Dallas, NC? There is a Dallas, NC, not far from Newton where Mr. Mohler was last seen.
BTW, we also have a Waco, NC...not too far from Dallas, NC. Isn't that crazy?

Just wasn't sure which area you were referencing...

I typed a post very similar to this one last night, shefner. After typing it, I didn't post it because I thought, "No one on here but me will have heard of Dallas NC." I guess I was wrong.

I typed a post very similar to this one last night, shefner. After typing it, I didn't post it because I thought, "No one on here but me will have heard of Dallas NC." I guess I was wrong.

i know dallas, nc i lived there before i moved to gastonia. lol the link the OP about the guy found in the truck in dallas when i looked it said dallas, tx.

Her name is Lily. She's a sweet little girl . Her parents are local to this area and little is known about them. On another note, 1216 12th Ave SW was mentioned as an address for Ken maybe being held there , however after driving to the location , behind Roses on Hwy 70SW , this address does not exist...there is a 1260 12th Ave Sw , registered to Doris Price. The City of Hickory may have changed this address for enhanced 911 , or other reason, because the house almost directly across the street is 1221. And there is a COH pumping station in the woods right beside the 1221 address. The woods in the 12th Street section were searched , by my family at approximately what should have been the 1216 address , by the Moose Lodge, we found nothing.

Did DP and Ken know each other from PA? I noticed both lived there, but her addy was over 100 miles away. I lived about 35 miles from where Ken and his family lived in PA.

OT....but I see I am in good company with some NC posters! I live in Cherryville. No one but someone from this area will know where this is! LOL

Ready to hear something about Mr. Mohler....still watching out for news and hoping he is located.

This just breaks my heart.

The family also kept their eyes on two stray dogs that have been hanging around the business. They say Ken Mohler fed and watered the dogs, even when he wasn’t working, and they were his constant companions at work.
When investigators took his truck from the site, one of the dogs followed the truck down the long road leading out from the business to Rocky Ford Road and continued on that road a bit. Family members have watched the dogs to see where they go. Ken Mohler Jr. said the strays stuck to his father like glue. One of the dogs just lies around now. On Tuesday, when a white truck that Ken Mohler used to drive left the property, the dog followed it down the road while family members called to it.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...e-alive-search-missing-man-newton-ar-2537767/

Gosh...that does make me sad. Poor doggies. They are smart creatures, for sure. And faithful friends.

I'm still at a quandary regarding the 911 call. He had just texted his wife around 7:30 the night he was it work, and his boss at 8PM, yet it was a co-worker that made the 911 call. Can't understand her not calling 911 when he return home. ???? Of course, anyone can text a msg. But surely he was there to fix the leak? God's speed to LE in finding him.

Shame on Gregory wood products for not having cameras up, since one article said they have been robbed before.

Sounds like an inside job to me, whoever it was seemed more concerned they were seen by Mr. Mohler, then finishing the job. They dropped what they came there for (the engines). Why not just hold Mr. Mohler finish the job, then leave. Unless of course Mr. Mohler knew who they were and could easily ID them.
Someone knew the engines were there and knew there would be access to the loader. Plus if you were going to steal engines you would need a trailer or heavy duty truck to haul them.........thinking with my fingers.
Wife is awfully quite, haven't read or seen anything about her....hope she is holding up alright. I agree Holly if my husband didn't show up when he said, or within a reasonable time I would be out looking for him. I sure hope he is found safe, he seems like a wonderful person. Sadly I don't think he will.

Another pic of Ken:

kenmohler.jpg

There is also a poster at the below website link but it would blow the margins to post. Sounds like they aren't positive about what he was last seen wearing. About 1/2 way down.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back