NC NC - Kenneth Mohler, 70, Newton, 16 Aug 2012

Bump for Ken. This man needs to be found. Wish he had more coverage. :(

I have searched the web every day but can't find anything new at all. Surely they have some idea about what has happened....I think it had to be a local crime.

Mohler also texted his wife to say he’d be home around 8:30. He never showed up, and his truck was still parked at the sawmill Friday morning.

His family knew something was wrong.

"If he said he was going to be home in an hour, it wasn't going to be an hour and two minutes, it was an hour or less," said Kenny.

Mohler was reported missing Friday, and Catawba County Sheriff’s investigators searched the area around Gregory Wood Products all day.

Kenny said his father couldn’t see without his glasses and wouldn’t have left without them.

She said Mohler wouldn’t just walk away from his family – included the four-year-old granddaughter he just got legal custody of.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Authorities-and-Family-search-for-missing-Catawba-man-166712716.html

Interesting...............things that make you go hmmmmm.

It sounds to me like there was a scuffle by the truck-his phone & keys fell out of his hands -he may have been hit in the face & his glasses flew off in the bed of truck.Hope they find him!!

there has still not been any updates in local papers!

As Ken's niece, I would like to thank every one of you for taking the time to post anything and everything about my Uncle's disappearance. It means the world to the rest of the family (especially those of us that would like to be there but can't for various reasons) to know that Ken has so many people keeping him in their thoughts and prayers at this time.
We will NEVER give up looking until he's found and brought home

Again, the Mohler family thanks you all so very much!

As Ken's niece, I would like to thank every one of you for taking the time to post anything and everything about my Uncle's disappearance. It means the world to the rest of the family (especially those of us that would like to be there but can't for various reasons) to know that Ken has so many people keeping him in their thoughts and prayers at this time.

Thank you! Welcome! Do you know things we don't?

The only thing I can say at this point is that the authorities are working dilgently in finding him and bringing him home. They are as fierce in their attempts to find him as we are and for that we are so very grateful!

We ask for your continued positive thoughts and prayers for him and our family.

~Keeping the hope alive~

I'd be looking into whomever Ken got custody of his granddaughter *from*. Kwim?

Yeah! So excited family and locals have joined in and shared some thoughts etc. I started this thread because after Zahras ordeal I think its crucial to get someones name out there and keep the fight alive. I am very greatful for pianoman and mhalls comments and welcome! If us locals can do anything to help please let me know. My husband grew up in this area and we have thought about coming out to help search but wasnt sure if the family wanted this or not. I have encouraged surround rescue units to help show support with manpower etc. I did make contact with one local search and rescue team that is in a nearby county. They informed me they had not been requested. I asked who had to request them but havent heard an answer back to that. Any family /friends that want to share this info the group is Rutherford County Search and Rescue. They have a facebook and even if they have to be requested by law enforcement Im sure that family could request this be done. Another local search team that came out for Zahra was the code Adam team through missing and exploited children but I am not very familiar if they help in adults. I know Alexander County has wonderful eager Rescue members who would gladly help search if asked. Caldwell county rescue probably would as well. they all supported each other in many cases. Just a suggestion. As a local I am extremely concerned about people stealing metal and copper recently and taking it to the local metal recycling centers. My son does this and even was questioned about where his metal came from because of the high theft of it in the area. They make copies of drivers license and note everything now. hopefully this has been checking into already. I will be honest to say the crime rate has seemed to sky rocket in just the last few months. Lots of drug deals gone bad, lots of arrests for meth use its very sad in this area. So many without jobs are getting desperate nowadays. 1)One request I have thought alot about is IF there was anything else missing from the employers could they share that info publicly?? Alot people could keep their eye out for these things if that were the case. 2) Anyone know what type of dog and color they are?? Im just curious where they dropped off by the burglars in previous break ins??? 3) Any more word about the trucker that had been parked there overnight? was contact been made with them??

Her name is Lily. She's a sweet little girl . Her parents are local to this area and little is known about them. On another note, 1216 12th Ave SW was mentioned as an address for Ken maybe being held there , however after driving to the location , behind Roses on Hwy 70SW , this address does not exist...there is a 1260 12th Ave Sw , registered to Doris Price. The City of Hickory may have changed this address for enhanced 911 , or other reason, because the house almost directly across the street is 1221. And there is a COH pumping station in the woods right beside the 1221 address. The woods in the 12th Street section were searched , by my family at approximately what should have been the 1216 address , by the Moose Lodge, we found nothing.

Thanks pianoman! This really is good info! Sad to report though hickory and surrounding areas have such AWFUL rd names! It could be 1260 12th ave ST sw or even some other small variation of this! its sooo diffucult to decipher when it could be something so minute wrong such as a NW or SE. I will look around see if there is any other variations or links I come up with and share with you on here. The thing that concerns me is the Roses area is so close to the Burke county line and I noticed that some friends/associates of Kens granddaughter may be in burke county. Is this concerning to the family/friends? IF you can answer that- dont want to jeopardize anything by asking that. Thanks again pianoman and prayers being sent everyday!!

When I use the Catawba county GIS and search the address of 1216 12th = I get 2 addresses with these 2 search terms 1) 1216 12th ST NE Hickory , 1216 12th ST place NW Hickory. We shouldnt put names on this site of who live here but you can search for yourself and see if the names ring a bell etc. But still looking on the GIS site for any other variations to the address given by pianoman.

Just want to send your family some huge HUGS I hope vhe is found soon and safe.....he looks and sounds like a wonderful person.

I have been checking the paper everyday for any word about Mr. Mohler....

Anything new today ? Seems so quiet on the newsfront this week.

I still want to know about the obvious elephant in the room.....why the wife didn't make a 911 call or go to check on him when he didn't arrive home. The other thing, which I thought was hinky was the order of the texts. IMO, you go to work to take care of an emergency situation, you fix it and call the boss....then call the wife and say I'll be home...not the other way around. It may be nothing, but it seems logical to me. And it's a text....not a phone call which means anyone could have made it.

Wonder if LE found any prints on the motors or footprints near where they were found? I'd like to know if LE has had contact with trucker also.

Other things are hinky to me, but I'll sit on my fingers for the time being.

Little Lily must miss him something terrible. :( I hope she's OK.

Prayers for his worried family and for LE in their investigation.

I still want to know about the obvious elephant in the room.....why the wife didn't make a 911 call or go to check on him when he didn't arrive home. The other thing, which I thought was hinky was the order of the texts. IMO, you go to work to take care of an emergency situation, you fix it and call the boss....then call the wife and say I'll be home...not the other way around. It may be nothing, but it seems logical to me. And it's a text....not a phone call which means anyone could have made it.

Wonder if LE found any prints on the motors or footprints near where they were found? I'd like to know if LE has had contact with trucker also.

Other things are hinky to me, but I'll sit on my fingers for the time being.

Little Lily must miss him something terrible. :( I hope she's OK.

Prayers for his worried family and for LE in their investigation.

BBM

We like to think all marriages are happy (in the traditional sense), but we just never know what really goes on inside a marriage, do we? Who knows, maybe he had been out all night before, or his work had strange hours like that, maybe she was just in fear and denial about the possibilities. I'm sure she must have had some rationale for what she did/did not do.

Just my humble speculation...More will be revealed, I expect.

Thank you all for your positive thought, concern and questions regarding the disappearance of my Uncle Ken. We can't express our gratitude enough!

I realize there are a lot of questions that you don't have answers to, and so do we. The investigators are working extremely hard to try to locate him and bring him home.

There has been a reward offered and we are hoping it brings in new leads.

If there is more information that I can share, I will certainly do so. Just please know that we are so very grateful for all your thoughts and prayers!

Just to update everyone with news on my Uncle Ken...the family met last night with Ken Jr. and he was able to shed a little more light on this for us.

As much as we appreciate the offer to help in searching, he said there aren't too many other locations to search at the moment.

The investigators are on top of this every day and are determined to find the answers and my Uncle and bring him home.

Thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers during this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back