NC NC - Kenneth Mohler, 70, Newton, 16 Aug 2012

The thing that stands out to me from the article above is that Ken's description lists that he is bald. If I'm not mistaken, Ken shaves his head and his family wanted people to know that it could have grown back in.

I'm glad to see an article about him, though.....I am hopeful LE will solve this one eventually.

Can any recap what was said on radio show? I'm in medical school so I have very limited sleuthing time :( sorry guys. It's been too long without word on Ken!

If you ever find time, it's worth listening to, imo. I had many WTH and WOW silent thoughts. The wife sends your hinky meter off the scales, imo. IIRC, she didn't show up at his work place until later on the next day....which would have meant he was "at work" for like 16 hours. She inquired about life insurance, didn't make payments on the car, but wanted the company to come and get it, and iirc, she moved back home with her parents. She came off as either dumb as a rock or very emotional and very defensive. At first I guess she didn't want to talk to the host, but called in while the son was talking. (he had a hard time expressing himself, imo) I think she was wanting her 15 minutes .....but it turned into a big FAIL on her part. I see from the most recent article her sister (preacher) is her spokesperson now. No doubt LE are looking into many aspects of this case, imo. Maybe I'm jaded, but this whole him wanting custody of the little girl grandchild, especially at his age, raises many questions too. IMO,JMO, etc.

Kudos to the reporter for the very informative article regarding the missing....and giving CUE coverage..as they are a wonderful and effective group like TES. LE is keeping very hush in Ken's case.

Thank you all so much for your continued support and trying to locate my Uncle Ken. I know I speak for the Mohler family when I say we appreciate everyone's positive thoughts, prayers and support during this time.

I, like you, listened to the radio show. I am extremely proud of my cousin, Kenny. He is far more, should I say..diplomatic than I, and he was very respectful during the time when Wendy called in. He kept his composure well, even tho we could hear the stress in his voice and it broke our hearts.

In MY opinion, she only called in because her mother told her she had to. Wendy would not have called in on her own...she was made to do it. As a matter of fact, she didn't even know about the program as she changed her cell phone number (which to me is very odd) and apparently hadn't checked her email (again to me is odd because she kept posting odd things on Facebook totally unrelated to her missing husband).

To hollyblue's comment...Wendy was not emotional, that was for her mama's benefit, as she was sitting outside on her parents deck during the time she was on the phone. She does not care that my Uncle is missing as they were in the process of getting ready to file for divorce and yes, our entire family thinks she knows more than she's saying. Her mother keeps attacking our family when it's OUR family that is doing ALL the searching and when he is found, he and Lily will be coming to PA, where he belongs!

Sorry, I went on a bit of a tangent there, but it just boils my blood that someone would allow something like this to happen and not say anything just because you don't want to be with them anymore. My Uncle Ken is one of the most caring, sweet, gentle men you would ever want to meet, but not to be confused with the fact that he is also a very matter of fact, tell it like it is, pull no punches kind of man. He would do anything for you without being asked and adopting the granddaughter of your soon to be ex-wife, shows the kind of heart he has.

At some point, we're hoping someone will break down and give the investigators the information they need to find him and bring him home to us.

Again, the Mohler family appreciates and thanks you for your care, support and prayers during this time.

I am Ken Mohler's niece as well, and I too listened to the radio show. What struck me most was this. Wendy made the comment that Ken was called into work later in the afternoon. Apparently he called her an hour or so after he arrived, to see how the dinner was that he had made in the crockpot. Green beans...not sure what else went with it, but anyway...so he calls her to see how dinner was. Later he texted her to say he would be home within an hour. He doesn't arrive later, nor does he text or call. By morning, he still hasn't texted or called. If he thought enough to check on dinner, he surely would have thought enough to call or text and say "by the way, I'll be here all night instead of coming home within an hour like I said". In my opinion, he should have been checked on if he hadn't arrived within the hour he specified...much less wait until morning, and after you've done your shopping, to think anything is wrong. THAT does not sit right with me in any way.

Dear Mohler family: I am so sorry you are having to go through this terrible nightmare. Lots of prayers for your family ! I can only imagine the struggles you have went through as more details emerge. Keep fighting and the truth will prevail! I check here often as well on facebook to check for any updates. I am just a concerned local citizen who is heartbroken that this man is missing. Its quite obvious he was well loved by all the comments and outpouring of support. I will share this- I went to the local flea market on the oposite side of town in N. Hickory and seen a flyer that was posted this past weekend. People are sharing and posting and someone will see it and remember something. Dont lose faith! Continueing to send lots of prayers !!

Shay
Thank You for your thoughts and Prayers they are very much appreciated.... I have plenty of fliers available to people in the local area if you know where a good place would be to get them out, it is hard to be here in Pa and not able to be helping with the investigation... I have several people from the local area down there trying to keep these fliers out in the public eye but more are always welcome. We can get fliers printed out for people to pick up and get to places if they contact me.

Thank You again
Kenny and Jessica Mohler

Kenny, I live in Gaston County which is not too far from Hickory/Maiden/Newton/Conover. Matter of fact, my husband gets his ' 72 VW bug serviced by Guy Roberts in that very area. I have a local Walmart here in Cherryville and would be happy to see if they could post Ken's missing poster in the Customer Service area where they keep a bulletin board. Not sure if this area would be considered too far from the location you are targeting or not.
My husband and I lived on the Caldwell County side of Lake Hickory just before we moved here and we love the area.
Praying for you, Jessica and the other family and friends of Ken Mohler. Our hope is that we can find the truth about what happened the day he disappeared.
Many blessings...
~Shef

Hi Ken. So glad you could join us and I'm so sorry you are going through what is most certainly a nightmare for you and family. Have LE told you they have some leads and are working on them? I know they probably didn't tell you what...but just that have more than we all know and are following through. Do you know of any problems he may have had at work with anyone? Jealousy? He knew something that could get someone fired or something that was illegally going on? Is the church doing anything more now in being proactive in searching for him? TIA and I hope a break in the case comes forward and he is found soon. It has to be terribly hard with being so far away. Prayers for you all.

shefner,
We dont know where my dad could have ended up so all areas are Great places THANK YOU for offering to help keep this story in the public eye. If you send me a message with your address i can make sure you get some fliers to hang in places that will allow you. That is one thing we found certian companies don't want these fliers in there stores.
That goes for anyone who can handout or hang fliers just send me a message and i can get them to you or email you a good copy to print off.

hollyblue,
I have been in constant contact with the detectives working this case and they are working all the leads that come their way so I feel confident the truth will be revealed soon, as far as any problems at work not that I am aware of but being so far away it dont help, The detectives are talking with all the employees from the company and so far they have found nothing there.

I'm more concerned with this possibly being Liz Stonger since this was the approximate location her cell phone last pinged. Anything is possible. Prayers for all families of the missing :(

So sorry for Thomas....may he rest in peace.

Ken...we are still looking for you. We won't give up!

We are going to be doing another Radio show to keep this story out there, They are having a special event this year called "The 12 Days of Christmas" my dads story will be on Dec. 23rd I believe at 7pm. I will post more details and a link when everything is finalized.

Kenny

We are going to be doing another Radio show to keep this story out there, They are having a special event this year called "The 12 Days of Christmas" my dads story will be on Dec. 23rd I believe at 7pm. I will post more details and a link when everything is finalized.

Kenny

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Just praying that news will come soon. I know Christmas is a tough time to be missing loved ones.

Ken where are you?? Everyone wants you home for Christmas.

Does anyone know if LE were ever able to contact the trucker? Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that his soon to be ex wife changed her cell phone number while her husband is missing? Even if you decide to change carriers because of rates most people keep the same number. I can assure you if my husband or even ex husband were missing the last thing I would do is change my cell phone number. Even if you have differences most people would still care enough to get the phone call if any news were found out. She obviously cared enough for him to adopt her granddaughter which says an awful lot about his character. Not wanting to go on the talk show is another thing that has my hinky meter going haywire. I would like to think most people in her shoes would be talking to everyone she could to get the word out. When things like this happen and certain family members don't talk it makes me question them. Maybe I shouldn't do that, but in my opinion if you have nothing to do with it your first instinct is to get as much information out there as fast as you can to help find your lives one. A few weeks ago my husband was traveling from KY back to NC. We have been goin through very rocky times, talking about divorce, etc. we are definitely not each others favorite people at the moment. Anyway, I had spoke to him around 5:30 and he said he would call me back in about an hour. I didn't hear from him and after an hour and a half I started calling him. When you are married to someone you know their habits. My husband was very prompt and would always call when he said he would. When he didn't answer his phone after 2 hours I called the police and everyone I could think of to tell them his route, I was online checking maps to see if there was an accident, etc. So I guess my point is that it should come naturally if you know someone's habits and they don't come home when they say you start worrying...not waiting until the next day. Sorry for the rambling just trying to wrap my head around this because its been way too long, the holidays are here and Ken should be home. All of these statements are jmo moo and all that!

Kenny

Kenny,
Thanks to you and your wife for sending me the flyers for your dad. Also the door hangers, which were very impressive. That's a great idea to get the word around.
Still thinking of your family and praying for your dad!
~Shef

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back