GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up is Det. Dexter Gill with the Raleigh PD.

What is being established by the testimony of this officer?

Morning Everyone,
Interesting tweet:- The #CourtSniffle you hear in the #AmandaHayes trial is because the courtroom is kept sub zero at all times. Coats are warn all day by all.

Each witness forms a chain of evidence in what was done, when it was done, how it was done, why it was done, who helped. Each step in the investigation is being brought forth in testimony.

The reason is this: the state needs to make connections and inferences in their closing arguments about what happened and when to prove the charges.

Each step helps prove the charge.

Further,

- AH was alone at numerous points in time and did have the opportunity to leave/call someone/get help
- AH was not a battered wife who was being controlled by GH
- AH participated along with her husband
- AH acted "in concert" with GH in the murder and disposal of LA
- Raleigh police thoroughly investigated the case and followed the trail as it led to TX
- Raleigh police worked with TX police on the case

Did Amanda's sister know that Laura had been dumped in the creek?

Did Amanda's sister know that Laura had been dumped in the creek?

I think she did not know....but she "knew".
She knew something had happened to Laura, knew they were acting weird, needing to take a boat out on the creek, having to burn things in the rubbish pile in the yard, washing out way too many coolers for a road trip from NC to Tex.....etc.

ETA- This is what I remember about Karen Berry. I may not be 100% on her exact knowledge though.

I wonder if the prosecution is going to try to end the week with the pictures of Laura. Oh, this poor jury...how haunting. :(

I think ending this week with the video/pictures of AH disposing the bottles of acid would leave a very vivid image for the jury.

Were there hogs in the hog pen?
Don't hogs eat human remains?

Were there hogs in the hog pen?
Don't hogs eat human remains?

Hogs eat pretty much anything (even human remains, just meat to them).
And yes, there were hogs in the pen.

I think she did not know....but she "knew".
She knew something had happened to Laura, knew they were acting weird, needing to take a boat out on the creek, having to burn things in the rubbish pile in the yard, washing out way too many coolers for a road trip from NC to Tex.....etc.

ETA- This is what I remember about Karen Berry. I may not be 100% on her exact knowledge though.

ITA. When she testified at Grant's trial, I couldn't be sure as to how much she knew at the time. One thing I do know is that if MY sister ever pulled something like this and I knew, I would have called LE pronto... and I love my sister very much.

LE probably gave Amanda's sister immunity if she told them everything she knew. They could have threatened to charge her as accessory.

From a post in Sept. during Grants trial-

I was thinking he had heard the story of Robert "Willie" Pickton up in BC, Canada. Also known as "The Pig Farmer Killer".

From Wiki-
"Forensic analysis was very difficult because the bodies of the victims may have been left to decompose or allowed to be eaten by insects and pigs on the farm. During the early days of the excavations, forensic anthropologists brought in heavy equipment, including two 50-foot (15 m) flat conveyor belts and soil sifters to find traces of remains. On March 10, 2004, it was revealed that human flesh may have been ground up and mixed with pork from the farm. According to the book On the Farm, by Stevie Cameron, he took orders from the public and bought and sold ground meat containing human meat. He also sold meat to businesses in the Fraser Valley that contained human meat; the province's health authority later issued a warning. Another claim made is that he fed the bodies directly to his pigs."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9807314&highlight=robert+pickton#post9807314

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC -*ARREST MADE* - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kiniston-Raleigh, 13 July 2011 - #2

It's been a while since she testified, but, IIRC, there was no mention of immunity at the time. I'm sure someone with more brain cells left than I have might know the answer. I'm sure she'll be testifying in this trial as well.

Do y'all hear the whispering just beneath everything else that is going on?
Wonder which mic is picking it up? Def. or Pros.?

A large empty ice chest that was found in #AmandaHayes sister's property is being shown to the court

BfUio1jCIAA92ZH.png

https://twitter.com/TrialDivasS/status/429287424439492608/photo/1

Does anyone recall how it came to be that Amanda's sister pointed out the machete to the officer?

I'll bring my post over here...

What is the point of this testimony? It doesn't even involve Amanda?

Mainly, IMO, chain of evidence. Prolly her $$ was used to purchase the items -- cash in this case which she prolly gave him -- if so, it connects her to this stuff which was used in the crime. i.e., knowing & willing accomplice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname