GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love stupid murderers who shop at Wal-Mart to buy their "supplies" (also Jodi Arias, Doug Stewart & Matthew Hoffman off the top of my head). :facepalm:

Sorry but if I had a customer shopping for all the items he did... I would ask the guy if he had just murdered someone was trying to dispose of them. :scared:

Made me chuckle, Tiger -- it IS the way we tend to think, huh?!
icon7.gif

Those purchases/question, um, are a bit odd...
icon6.gif

Why would a detective write his email address on the back of a piece of evidence?

Why would a detective write his email address on the back of a piece of evidence?

The Motel 6 receipt was at Karen Berrys house.
I think/assume she was contacted by the police and probably jotted down the email address on it like it was scrap paper... just supposing.

ETA- They said they found it on a table at her house.

Bye All.
My time to sleep now, before departing I'll have a chuckle at the vision in my head of GH wacking AH on the back of the legs with the machete.

Do y'all hear the whispering just beneath everything else that is going on
Wonder which mic is picking it up? Def. or Pros.?

It must be the Pros. I distinctly heard "get the machete in here."

I think she did not know....but she "knew".
She knew something had happened to Laura, knew they were acting weird, needing to take a boat out on the creek, having to burn things in the rubbish pile in the yard, washing out way too many coolers for a road trip from NC to Tex.....etc.

ETA- This is what I remember about Karen Berry. I may not be 100% on her exact knowledge though.

Agreed, Nymeria! And since the coolers were full of something -- what happened to the "something"? Her sister knew they were on that lake & she prolly knew they had the coolers -- they weren't bring NC BBQ or fresh seafood or Virginia hams, & they came all that way with whatever-it-was... plus, the sister said later that she essentially raised Amanda, so they were prolly quite close... Who knoze what they may have discussed?

I did think it was notable that the Raleigh detective said the sister was visibly nervous & upset when they showed up at her door & spoke to her....

When you start to ask yourself, "What is the point of this... {witness} or {testimony}..."

The answer always is: Each witness played a part in the total story of this case and the state needs to show the jury the entire story, witness by witness, by witness. While not every.single.thing is about Amanda, the total picture still has to be painted.

The point is this: the state cannot prove the charges without making sure they show as much of the picture as they can. Amanda didn't act alone, she acted "in concert" with Grant. That's one of the charges which can get her a first degree murder conviction. His actions, her actions, and their actions all form the picture and narrative.

The jury needs to have the entire picture, all the players, all the various actions to do their job.

The Motel 6 receipt was at Karen Berrys house.
I think/assume she was contacted by the police and probably jotted down the email address on it like it was scrap paper... just supposing.

ETA- They said they found it on a table at her house.

I assumed it was either Grant or Amanda's handwriting from when the detective contacted Grant (when they were en route to Texas) about Laura's "visit" with the boys that day. Grant or Amanda left it on accident by the computer.

:bedtime: :eek:fftobed:G'night 04009Margaret :seeya:

Hmmmm......wasn't Grant conversing with a Raleigh Detective by phone, saying he was having difficulty sending emails he had From Laura. I think the dummie was still trying to not let anyone know where he really was.

Does anyone recall how the machete was located? It was well hidden behind boards. Did Amanda's sister point it out?

This 201 phone number is gonna be a "gotcha".
At least Gaskins seems to me to be moving towards that.
This is the same number he wanted to call yesterday, yes?

Hmmmmm.

ETA- FYI, 201 is a New Jersey area code. Major cities in the area code include Jersey City, Hoboken, Hackensack, Secaucus, Englewood and Englewood Cliffs.

Does anyone recall how the machete was located? It was well hidden behind boards. Did Amanda's sister point it out?

It was outside somewhere on the ground. Karen put it behind the boards because she didn't want her sons finding it.

This witness's voice sounds very similar to Judge Stephens. It's freaking me out because it sounds like the judge is answering the questions. LOL!

I believe Becky just planted the seed that Gaskins planted a knife in the Durango.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda