NC - Officer, several others dead at Raleigh active shooting scene, 13 Oct 2022 *suspect is a minor*

Below are two timelines from two local news sources. Both have police arriving in the neighborhood at 5:20, within seven minutes of the first 911 calls. Both have first responders not on the scene with James, however, until 7:40PM.

Looking back at the coverage and then rereading the Daily Mail piece that said "police had yet to arrive on the scene," I think that was just bad writing. It seems like when she did get home, she was the first on the scene inside her own home only. Police who were going door-to-door earlier would not have gotten any response from her house. Going forward, it will be interesting to focus on the other son's recovery and other details that come out.

The Herald Sun is a newspaper in neighboring Durham, NC.

WRAL is the major local news station.

Daily Mail source: EXCL: NC mom found her son, 16, after he was shot dead by brother, 15

I guess police can't say much pending the possible recovery/future trial of AT. But are we gonna get any more public info on what they found in his home (weapons? add'l ammo? notes? drawings? diary? journals?). I think this should be made known ... it certainly has been in previous mass shootings or school massacres.

Also, wonder what say the parents and their lawyer have in publicizing such discovery?

“One person in Raleigh’s Hedingham neighborhood said she’s outraged after seeing someone dressed up in a mass shooting suspect costume for Halloween.

Angel Turner told CBS 17 she was in her garage with her daughter and neighbor when they saw a person walk down the street wearing army fatigues.

“On the shirt it said mass shooter’s lives matter. He had a skeleton face paint, his hands and neck were painted black,” Turner said.

It was a sight she did not want to see just three weeks after losing her neighbors in the Raleigh mass shooting.

“He got to the driveway, he pointed an object that looked like a gun or a rifle,” Turner said. “He pointed it at us and I heard like a flash bang pop and that’s when we all were pretty nervous.”

She quickly called police who responded to the neighborhood. Turner said that weapon ended up being a broom.

Turner also said the police officer who responded was unable to do anything.

“He asked him for his identification, the person didn’t want to give him his identification, so there was nothing he could do,” Turner said.”

“One person in Raleigh’s Hedingham neighborhood said she’s outraged after seeing someone dressed up in a mass shooting suspect costume for Halloween.

Angel Turner told CBS 17 she was in her garage with her daughter and neighbor when they saw a person walk down the street wearing army fatigues.

“On the shirt it said mass shooter’s lives matter. He had a skeleton face paint, his hands and neck were painted black,” Turner said.

It was a sight she did not want to see just three weeks after losing her neighbors in the Raleigh mass shooting.

“He got to the driveway, he pointed an object that looked like a gun or a rifle,” Turner said. “He pointed it at us and I heard like a flash bang pop and that’s when we all were pretty nervous.”

She quickly called police who responded to the neighborhood. Turner said that weapon ended up being a broom.

Turner also said the police officer who responded was unable to do anything.

“He asked him for his identification, the person didn’t want to give him his identification, so there was nothing he could do,” Turner said.”
Wait so if the police ask you for identification and you don’t want to give it, you don’t have to and you’re free to go?

Wait so if the police ask you for identification and you don’t want to give it, you don’t have to and you’re free to go?

The Raleigh Police Department also issued a statement to CBS 17:

“The Raleigh Police Department (RPD) understands the lasting impacts of the October 13 mass shooting in the Hedingham community. The RPD received multiple calls regarding this individual, and several officers responded to the call within a few minutes. The subject was thoroughly investigated. The officers determined that the subject was not carrying a real weapon and did not deem him a threat. This subject’s costume and demeanor were insensitive and reprehensible but not criminal. The RPD appreciates the vigilance of the community members who called 911 and continues to urge all to call 911 when they see or hear anything suspicious.”

I'm in Raleigh this weekend. This case has been on my mind a lot.

What this kid did was indeed insensitive and stupid. He is lucky, with nerves still on edge in this neighborhood, that he didn't become a victim of violence.

It is time to release details of this event publicly...or maybe we are now seeing potential for a trial since the shooter has made this miraculous recovery.Raleigh mass shooter suspect condition injuries

The teenage suspect gunman in a Raleigh mass shooting is well enough to move from WakeMed to a juvenile detention facility, sources tell WRAL News.
Austin Thompson, 15, was taken to the hospital with serious injuries, including a gunshot wound to the head, on the night of Oct. 13. Since that time, he had been under 24-hour guard

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back