GUILTY NC - Sandy Reidel, 29, manager, killed in Applebees robbery, 15 June 2009

Or could it be that they work at the same restaurant?

Was that his regular routine, bringing her coffee on the mornings she had to open or did he 'say' that in case he's captured on surveillance camera?

The video said BF worked 'next door'.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5361193/

There wasn't any mention of money missing.

Yes in the opening statements the reporter identifies the BF as working next door.

Or could it be that they work at the same restaurant?

She was the general mangager, not just a manager.

ETA: Sorry for the sloppy post, LOL, there ya go dgfred, fifthessense video post, the manager reference was an addition of detail not directed at you! :)

I couldn't really tell from the video what kind of store was next door... and it was a little bit away. Didn't the video said she had just moved there from Greenville? New boyfriend = alot of possibilities.

I couldn't really tell from the video what kind of store was next door... and it was a little bit away. Didn't the video said she had just moved there from Greenville? New boyfriend = alot of possibilities.

The FaceBook page for a Sandy Reidel in Greenville shows her holding a little girl. Don't know if it's the same person. But, if so, she may have a daughter. So sad.

ETA Actually, that FB page is for a Sandy Riedel. (Google gave me that result even though I searched for Reidel.) Anyway, very possibly not the same woman, so just wanted to clear that up.

The FaceBook page for a Sandy Reidel in Greenville shows her holding a little girl. Don't know if it's the same person. But, if so, she may have a daughter. So sad.

ETA Actually, that FB page is for a Sandy Riedel. (Google gave me that result even though I searched for Reidel.) Anyway, very possibly not the same woman, so just wanted to clear that up.

I see a myspace (private) for name with ie spelling, I'm posting a link because of the way the profile pic is, it's not an invasion of privacy if it proves to be the wrong Sandy. Steadfast does this match the facebook?

TY Steadfast, as we get more info we will be able to determine if that is the correct Sandy or not. I hope it's not, it breaks my heart to think of a small child having lost her Mother :( That really bothers me when that happens.

Why would the boyfriend bring her a cup of coffee when she was working at a resturant? She must have started the coffee if she was the opener. Did he drive her to work and pick her up? That just sounded odd to me...the coffee.

This is my home town (where I just moved from) and my sister still lives there so I will post whatever rumors I am hearing. Her boyfriend worked at Logans which is directly across from Applebee's. I heard that she didn't lock the door behind him after he left and that is how the perp got in. I also heard that she was shot in the face at close range. Such a tragic story. I don't don't know what is going on in Roanoke Rapids, this is the second murder in a month and it used to be such a wonderful,safe place to live.

I looked through the facebook page that was posted to see if I recognized any of her friends. RR is a small place and I worked at Logan's for over a year, so I know a lot of the people there (including three of the male managers) but I didn't see anyone I recognized.

Thank you tpprincess I appreciate your input. I, too, worked at restaurants and most that I worked the staff becomes one big family and the employees of restaurants found close together become one big social circle times.

Your are right Kat, all of us who worked together, also hung around together outside of work. They do become like a family. This is a big topic down here right now, so I am sure I will be hearing a lot of rumors flying around.

My sister just called, she said the manager and another worker were meeting at the restaurant early because they were due to have an inspection later that day. A friend of her BF's who is in LE told them that it was true that she had been shot in the face.

Shooting someone in the face sounds like it was done out of anger, not robbery or any other motive.

JMO

I can't find any updates on this case. If anyone finds them please bring them, I'm interested in this case also.

Applebees doesn't open until 11 around here, and I doubt she would have started coffee in a commercial coffee maker for herself. And restaurants don't like to serve five hour-old coffee to its first patrons of the day. The coffee thing isn't a red flag to me. As to why she was there in the first place, prep starts pretty early even for lunch if some menu items (some soups, chili, whatever) dictate it. It does seem a little early, though, and 6:30 am isn't a big robbery go-to hour, right?

I don't work in food and beverage, but I do work in hotels and can only go by what I know of our F&B operations. It didn't strike me as odd that she would be there, but the motive is hazy.

Was the BF the only man in her life? Did she have problems with an unstable employee in which she was percieved as the person responsible for that employee's termination?

I think that it will more than likely turn out the be the BF, I'm just exploring other options too.

I wonder if she had fired an employee recently? One who has a grudge now?

Even as I ask that I feel that the boyfriend may have done it. :mad:

The coffee thing does strike me as odd but not if she had a preference for a specialty coffee, and he was bringing it to her as an act of caring for her preferences.

About coffee making in restaurants early shift. It was my experience that coffee, tea and soft drinks are the cheapest products offered with some of the highest profits for the the restaurtants. It's nothing to start a pot of coffee, then dump it and make another pot for start of business.

But I think now she might have been there because there was to be an inspection that day, which makes sense.

No updates is frustrating.

The local paper is now consistently spelling her last name Riedel instead of Reidel, so I think that FB page from Greenville, where she just moved from, probably is her, after all.

Has anyone else noticed that this year the media seems to have just given up on checking how people's names are spelled before they publish? This seems to keep happening in cases lately.

Shooting someone in the face sounds like it was done out of anger, not robbery or any other motive.

JMO

I don't know lizzy, I'm thinking maybe she suprised someone thinking nobody would be there that early. Looks more like a panic, shot, then get out as quickly as possible... no robbery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back