GUILTY NC - Sandy Reidel, 29, manager, killed in Applebees robbery, 15 June 2009

I don't know lizzy, I'm thinking maybe she suprised someone thinking nobody would be there that early. Looks more like a panic, shot, then get out as quickly as possible... no robbery.

She may have left the door unlocked since her boyfriend had just left from bringing coffee and another employee was expected shortly.
A robber might expect that, since someone was in there before opening, they would be filling up the register. But since she was cleaning or whatever, there was no money to take.
It seems odd to me, though, that a violent robber would just happen by between the time her boyfriend left and when the employee arrived.

We need more clues. I agree she might have left the door unlocked after her boyfriend left. I am not so sure of the violent criminal part though, sounds more like a scared criminal to me. Could it have been a female? Seems a guy might have been able to subdue her or strike her without using the gun, unless they were really scared or small in stature. Could a jealous ex-girlfriend be the problem, or a jealous ex-boyfriend of hers for that matter?
I just don't know, not much to go on here.

I haven't heard anything else new, except that the door was not locked when the second employee arrived. As for the coffee, if she had a preference, there is a Starbucks not even half a mile from where she and her boyfriend work and that is probably where he bought the coffe. Also there is a 24 hour Wal-Mart and Waffle House right there in the same area, so that part of town stays busy 24/7.

I wonder if the coffee cup was part empty, or she even had a chance to drink any of it? Would her bf have stayed there to drink coffee with her? Wonder where they found it? Maybe this seems inconsequential but possibly it could help in some way. (?)

Surely the restaurant would have had some type of camera at the service entry? Many do.

Surely the restaurant would have had some type of camera at the service entry? Many do.

Heck yeah, that is what is needed. I bet they are all over the place, one had to see something related.

I don't think the coffee thing sounds weird at all. We own a restaurant, and our coffeepot makes a LOT of coffee. There is no way I would make a whole carafe just for me, knowing that we weren't going to open for hours. And I can drink a whole pot at home alone!

I hope her BF didn't do it, and I think from what we know it is a huge leap to assume that he did. When I hear about the break-ins and robberies of restaurants and ice cream parlors and coffee shops in our very safe area in the 'burbs, it doesn't sound unreasonable to me at all to think that someone came to break in, surprised her and shot her, and then ran thinking someone might have heard the shot. Just b/c nothing was taken doesn't mean robbery wasn't the motive - they might not have finished what they started.

We had a break-in about a year ago. They threw a cement block through the front window of all of the stores in our strip mall. The place next door was robbed, but nothing was taken from our place or the one on the other side b/c we have an alarm (the only place that did!). That doesn't mean they didn't INTEND to rob us. Trust me, the $400 for the door was bad enough, and still is nothing compared to the loss of life in this case. It is one of my worst fears about owning the place.

Who knows how this will turn out, but I think jumping to the conclusion that the BF did it on this little bit of info is a little extreme.

Perhaps LE already has a very good idea what happened. JMO because they aren't on the airwaves asking for leads or information?

Just checking in to say the only other thing I have heard is that she was in Walmart as early as 4:45 that morning. I also heard that she was waiting for an inventory truck to come in.

Thank you for posting the link to the article. From what her friends/co-workers have said about her it doesn't sound like she would have any enemies. I wonder where the father of her child is (if that's her in the myspace link)?

That is all I've seen too so far.

Thanks for the map, that helps give us a bearing on the area.

Just checking in to say the only other thing I have heard is that she was in Walmart as early as 4:45 that morning. I also heard that she was waiting for an inventory truck to come in.

Thanks for the tips. I wonder if someone was following her that morning looking for an easy target? What time was the inventory truck supposed to be there?

Sorry , I'll be more careful in the future.

I posted that I worked at Logan's and my sister's boyfriend worked at Applebee's. Maybe they are angry about us saying that her boyfriend works at Logans?

Seems to me that they just do not like their name being associated with this case????

That's interesting if that's a correct assessment about the situation Nursie!

Hmmm.

I was thinking that I had suggested (that the restaurant that is requesting any info be removed that was in reference about them) was that that particular restaurant was the closet to the Applebees and it was said that the BF worked at the restaurant next door. That's what I was apologizing about :) I thought I had caused you a headache with a post!

wow, I'd be willing to wager a bet that the person that authored that email did not have company permission to do so and has a great deal of personal feelings about this issue that should not have been expressed using company email.

Erroneously, I believe they thought using Logan email they could bully their point across.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back