NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....100021,-78.925717&spn=0.004196,0.008733&z=16

oh my... when I center the map here (shows the back of the trailer park) look at all of those thick woods!!!
just bumping the picture in light of where the dogs are searching:

Police spokesman David Sportsman says helicopters have been requested to help the Cumberland County Sheriffs Office, Fayetteville Fire Department and Fayetteville K-9 dog team in searching wooded areas near the girl's home.http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/69667177.html

This must be a news video. Look at the water :(

It looks like it is a 9 min recorded video from one of the news stations. There is a lot of hard terrain to search out there. Ponds, bogs, trees, etc.

I hope they find her soon!

Salem

5:30 seems a little early to be up, I wonder what was going on between then and when she called the police? I don't think this is going to turn out good.

Do we have mom's name yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Salem

They are allowed to do an immediate search of the sex offenders homes arent they ? No search warrant ?

Cumberland County authorities are searching for Shaniya Davis, 5, who went missing from her home, 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive in Fayetteville, Tuesday morning.

"An Amber Alert has been initiated," according to a news release from Lt. David Sportsman.

Police responded to the home around 6:50 a.m., and Shaniya's mother told officers that she last saw her daughter at 5:30 a.m.

Shaniya was last seen wearing a blue sleep shirt with pink underwear.

Police K-9s, fire officials and deputies with the Cumberland County Sheriffs Office are searching the area.

Photo at link: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6387156/

Good grief. That professional photography studio shouldn't be too proud of themselves. They've got their logo on the bottom of the proof and you can't even see her face in the upper part of the photo. I've never received a proof without it being part of a larger set of photos. Surely they must have a better one or can get the studio to touch this up!

I think it is standard while the dogs try to pick up scent and they look to see if the home was broken into or windows jimmied, etc.

I think,

Salem

Do we have mom's name yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Salem

I'm finding 5 individuals on whitepages.com with that address. Three are females and two have the same last name. Not sure if any of the three are the mom.

Sleepwalking is a possibility, though not near as likely as the more common scenerio of death by child abuse.

I have caught one of my children about to pee on the open oven door; she thought she was in the bathroom, was turned around about to have a seat, and was still asleep! I don't know what woke me up, but thank God, I got there just in time, led her to the potty, and put her back to bed. She has no memory of this at all!

Little ones are so sweet and adorable when they are sleepy. Poor little girl...hope it's not too late to rescue her from wherever she is!

Susan

ETA: OOps! No scent outside the home, guess she didn't walk out. Wonder how long it has been since she did walk out of that trailer last? Days, weeks? How long does the scent last?

Oh momtective - I should have known you would be all over that. I'm brain slow this morning.

We just have tooooooooo many missing babies.

I'll go see what I can find. Have you come up with any myspace links or anything that might give us a clue about the folks living there?

Salem

I'm finding 5 individuals on whitepages.com with that address. Three are females and two have the same last name. Not sure if any of the three are the mom.
with it being a trailer park that will be hard to narrow down... media reports say there was another adult and a seven year old living there.

I wonder if anyone checked mom's car to see if the engine was warm. I'm thinking if she hurt this baby she took her body somewhere and then called 911 and reported her missing. From 5:30 to 7:00 is a lot of time to dispose of a baby's body.

Oh momtective - I should have known you would be all over that. I'm brain slow this morning.

We just have tooooooooo many missing babies.

I'll go see what I can find. Have you come up with any myspace links or anything that might give us a clue about the folks living there?

Salem

Don't know if any of the three females is mom but I did check for ms pages for those individuals. What I found was useless.

Thats what I am thinking mom if the dogs are not picking up her scent ..well, that to me means she was carried out of that home long before she was reported missing and placed in a vehicle of some sort, if some one carried her away on foot there would still be a scent or if she wandered off.
She is a beautiful little girl I hope she is found safe !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean