NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we knew why LE was so quick to call this a homicide...I don't feel that Zahra is dead, or at least I feel she could be alive. I guess I would like to think someone knew she was in trouble and grabbed her out of there...:(
Yea me too. Its not so much WHAT they have but the emotions that police chief showed in that presser. He had me crying. So, with that, I do believe it is a homicide.

Nov 08 - July 09 with dad (attened 3rd grade at Hudson Elementary)

July 09 - Nov 09 - "Attic" apt (attended 4th grade at Granite Falls Ele,)

Nov 09 - Mar 10 - Mobile home in Hudson (still in 4th grade at Granite Falls)

Mar 10 - Aug 10 - Mobile home in Sawmills (I'm assuming they moved from Hudson to this one) (Went back to Hudson Elem. 4th grade and finished the year there)

Aug 10 - present - house in Hickory (School officials called about her and EB told them she was homeschooling)

According to the link below she attended Hudson Elementary in the end of her 3rd grade year 2009.

She started 4th grade at Granite Falls Elementary and stayed there until March of 2010.

She went back to Hudson Elementary at that time and finished 4th grade there (June 2010)

This info seems to fit into our "housing" timeline as well. I filled it in.

http://www.wcnc.com/home/Caldwell-school-officials-tried-to-help-Zahra-Baker-104985934.html

THANK YOU for this! I'm a time-line person and find this info terrific.

November 08, Zahra moved from Australia to the US.

The move to the US + 4 different moves in less than 4 years. Zahra certainly is a resilient little girl.

SM and dad never gave Zahra time to make stable relationships...they yanked her in and out of school, in and out of mobile homes, apts, rented houses.

I'm really wondering why dad left Australia - for what? What was he promised? moo

I'm wondering if they found evidence of decomp in the cars, similar to Caylee, the dogs 'hit' didn't they. But LE would not have been so quick to say homicide unless they were sure.

Hubby brought up a very interesting thought last night when we were talking about Zahra. I realize that with most rentals (apts, mobile homes and homes) that the renter is not responsible for paying the water bill. The bill is usually included in the amount of rent owed, however the owner of the rental still would get a water bill for the property. If they were able to check the water bills from the old address and the Hickory address they should be able to tell if Zahra actually did make it to the Hickory home and even tell what month and possibly day Zahra went missing.

Also concerning the furniture store and the surveillance camera not being turned on........isn't that just to coincidental? Why would a store that has equipment like that not have it turned on whenever the store is open? I certainly hope that LE has checked the background of the "witness" to make sure that they are not a friend or family member of the wife.

I still strongly believe that Zahra never made it to the Hickory home and that is going to present a huge problem for LE if in fact she didn't. There would be to many places that they (Adam and wife) could have taken her to after leaving the mobile home park before going to the Hickory home. They could have gone out of their way to drop her off somewhere. The bed being removed from the Hickory home also to me does not mean that Zahra was living there. Most homes that are "furnished" (that I have experienced) do not have beds in them. That would mean that the beds would have been transported from place to place when they moved.

IMO - LE knows a lot more than we do. They would not call it a homicide investigation unless they had really good reasons to do so.

I'm wondering if they found evidence of decomp in the cars, similar to Caylee, the dogs 'hit' didn't they. But LE would not have been so quick to say homicide unless they were sure.
The first thing I thought of upon hearing the words "indication of human remains" in the vehicles was Caylee. :( MOO

Hubby brought up a very interesting thought last night when we were talking about Zahra. I realize that with most rentals (apts, mobile homes and homes) that the renter is not responsible for paying the water bill. The bill is usually included in the amount of rent owed, however the owner of the rental still would get a water bill for the property. If they were able to check the water bills from the old address and the Hickory address they should be able to tell if Zahra actually did make it to the Hickory home and even tell what month and possibly day Zahra went missing.

Also concerning the furniture store and the surveillance camera not being turned on........isn't that just to coincidental? Why would a store that has equipment like that not have it turned on whenever the store is open? I certainly hope that LE has checked the background of the "witness" to make sure that they are not a friend or family member of the wife.

I still strongly believe that Zahra never made it to the Hickory home and that is going to present a huge problem for LE if in fact she didn't. There would be to many places that they (Adam and wife) could have taken her to after leaving the mobile home park before going to the Hickory home. They could have gone out of their way to drop her off somewhere. The bed being removed from the Hickory home also to me does not mean that Zahra was living there. Most homes that are "furnished" (that I have experienced) do not have beds in them. That would mean that the beds would have been transported from place to place when they moved.

Having cameras and them not being on or not working at MANY stores/gas stations is actually a pretty common thing we run into following cases here on WS. It's frustrating isn't it?

There was several witnesses that saw Step-mom and Zahra at the furniture store. LE has verified this and confirmed it to be the last sighting of Zahra on Sept. 25th. 2 weeks before she was reported missing.

LE has also confirmed that Zahra did make the move to the house on Hickory.

But even with Caylee - LE didn't declare it a homicide for months after. This was very quick (in reference to other cases) for LE to move it from missing/endangered/abducted to homicide.

Look how long it took Putnam to finally declare it a homicide.

IMO - LE knows a lot more than we do. They would not call it a homicide investigation unless they had really good reasons to do so.

I agree!

I have never saw/seen?? (I get this mixed up, lol) a live child or adult be recovered after police decide to switch it from a missing person case to a homicide case.

But even with Caylee - LE didn't declare it a homicide for months after. This was very quick (in reference to other cases) for LE to move it from missing/endangered/abducted to homicide.

With Caylee they may have not declared it publicly but they were working it as a homicide from day one. JMO

So they found something they didn't need FBI to confirm (as with Caylee).

With Caylee they may have not declared it publicly but they were working it as a homicide from day one. JMO
true but what they "work" and what they say publicly are two different things. Like Haleigh - I believe they were working it as a homicide from very early on. And Kyron, they still haven't decalred that one as homicide but you can bet they are working it as one.

In that case, the father & EB killed her. Does the new bed have DNA on it from Zahra? If it doesn't, then she never slept in it.

What the heck was that brush fire in the yard all about? What use was dousing the car with gasoline & writing a ransom note for someone else's child? I'm stumped.

Not quite correct. Didn't Al Capone go to Alcatraz for tax evasion.

Yes, but the average drug dealer falls way under the wire of the IRS. Al Capone had a very large operation and didn't pay taxes and also had other activities.

Yes that's how they got him. In cases like that you have to have someone come forward and some type of evidence that proves the person actually received money.

I'm following a HUGE Ponzi case here - Scott Rothstein - took over a billion. They are "following the money" and using the "clawback" clause to actually take some of the money back from some and you can bet the IRS is very interested as well.

So, for the IRS to catch you - someone has to "rat you out".

I wonder how long after that late night drive back to the trailer park those former neighbors began smelling that horrible odor.

If EB and AB took little Zahra's body there that night and it was shortly/soon after she had passed, it would likely have taken a couple to a few days before any foul odor from decomposition would be noted.

I am also curious as to from where this foul odor was eminating--was it from the dumpster, from a nearby field, from an empty trailer.....??

This could still fit into the timeline of Zahra having been seen at the furniture store on September 25th.

Al Capone isn't a good example- (they got him on tax evasion only because they couldn't make a case for any of his criminal dealings)

Your everyday under the table worker will not come to the attention of the IRS unless for some reason their employee claims the wages, or they are living way over their means.

Yes that's how they got him. In cases like that you have to have someone come forward and some type of evidence that proves the person actually received money.

I'm following a HUGE Ponzi case here - Scott Rothstein - took over a billion. They are "following the money" and using the "clawback" clause to actually take some of the money back from some and you can bet the IRS is very interested as well.

So, for the IRS to catch you - someone has to "rat you out".

O/T is that the same guy who tried to kill himself and one of his victims is John Elway? or totally different Ponzi case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$