NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously, deeply, truly, completely hope the wood chipper has nothing whatsoever to do with Zahra in any way, shape, form, or idea. someone linked to The Woodchipper Case and I should never have clicked it. I cant really stand the idea that something terrible certainly happened to this lil one at all, let alone the mental pic the woodchipper gives me and I dont CARE if she was already deceased at that point, it is more than I think I can live with.

Ok,I'm going to ask one of the dumber questions ~~~~~~~~~Why is the FBI involved? Aren't murders usually handeled by local LE? :oops:

I am not sure a case can really be called airtight if they never find her...?

it sure could. it depends on what LE ends up with. ask miss Casey Anthony who was indicted by a GJ almost 2 months before her baby's body was found. Granted she'd not been tried yet .........but there are plenty others convicted with no body. someone posted an excellent link which I bookmarked a few days ago and then literally 20 minutes later destroyed my firefox install :croc: and dont have it anymore. maybe s/he will repost when they see this...

Ok,I'm going to ask one of the dumber questions ~~~~~~~~~Why is the FBI involved? Aren't murders usually handeled by local LE? :oops:

I would THINK because it is a murder case and includes someone from another country? Perhaps they were not citizens.

My thoughts too. Why would two areas searched involve wood chippers if they did not think they were somehow involved. So sad. :sick:

Edited to add: They have both wood chippers as far as we know.

Isn't AB's job somehow related to trees, chopping, clearing land, etc? I was convinced the WC was used early on but I don't think so anymore. For as worthless as he and his wife are (IMHO), I don't see them (especially him) being the type who could dismember his child's own body and put it through a woodchipper. And there would be a mountain of forensics evidence, don't you think? Left behind? I wouldn't consider the WC a smoking gun, regardless. I still consider that term to mean the murder weapon and I surely don't think they put her in the WC while she was alive.

Didn't SARX (K9 poster), say the WC has been ruled out? I thought so, but could EASILY be mistaken. LOL!

I seriously, deeply, truly, completely hope the wood chipper has nothing whatsoever to do with Zahra in any way, shape, form, or idea. someone linked to The Woodchipper Case and I should never have clicked it. I cant really stand the idea that something terrible certainly happened to this lil one at all, let alone the mental pic the woodchipper gives me and I dont CARE if she was already deceased at that point, it is more than I think I can live with.

Same here. I can handle quite a bit, but a precious child put into...NO! I just can not let my mind go there. And if I see any indication that that's where this case is going, I'm going to have to move on. I don't even want that thought in my head. I'd rather remain ignorant.

I don't know but I wished I lived there cause I would drag people out to walk Christy road to search!

"This coming Monday, the Catawba County Grand Jury convenes at ten o'clock. Sources say it is possible that Baker could face more charges later that day." (Crump, S, 2010)

Can one of the WS'ers help me out with the above comment from the WBTV.com article? I don't fully understand your legal system ... are the GJ meeting to authorise a murder charge? Or is this simply related to previous charges?

TIA

Grand Juries are convened for the purpose of hearing the state's case on a particular matter to determine whether or not to issue warrants and/or indictments, mostly the latter, on any number of charges.

it sure could. it depends on what LE ends up with. ask miss Casey Anthony who was indicted by a GJ almost 2 months before her baby's body was found. Granted she'd not been tried yet .........but there are plenty others convicted with no body. someone posted an excellent link which I bookmarked a few days ago and then literally 20 minutes later destroyed my firefox install :croc: and dont have it anymore. maybe s/he will repost when they see this...

I am aware of many "no body" cases but they are not usually considered "airtight"; they are usually circumstantial cases and it is hoped that the jury sees the logical conclusions. I guess I just have issue with the word "airtight" as that implies more of a physical evidence kind of thing. To me, anyway.

Not knowing why they are convinced Zahra is in fact dead it is very hard to know if they will have an "airtight" case or another kind.

IF AB disposed of the body, I would think he would have some guilt and bury her near that CHURCH!

Didn't SARX (K9 poster), say the WC has been ruled out? I thought so, but could EASILY be mistaken. LOL!
snip by me

I believe you are right, although I think we keep coming back to it as it is one scenario most of us just cant bear.

Me also goldfish i cant wrap my brain around it at all. what kind of a person could do something so awful the same kind of person that would kill a child i guess.

I feel for LE on this one i cant imagine them sleeping at night!

JMO

"This coming Monday, the Catawba County Grand Jury convenes at ten o'clock. Sources say it is possible that Baker could face more charges later that day." (Crump, S, 2010)

Can one of the WS'ers help me out with the above comment from the WBTV.com article? I don't fully understand your legal system ... are the GJ meeting to authorise a murder charge? Or is this simply related to previous charges?

TIA

Sure. A grand jury determines whether there is enough evidence for a successful prosecution, and thus an arrest. The concept is helped, if you understand how our system protects against double jeopardy, and the arrested person has the right to due process in a timely manner.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_jury"]Wikipedia article on Grand_jury[/ame]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_jeopardy"] Wikipedia article on Double jeopardy[/ame]

It was the site No Body Murder Cases.

They added more charges to EB not related to her death but this does tell me that EB is no longer cooperating and maybe never did but LE said she was to give her a bone. So placing the new charges clearly tells me that LE and the DA are sending a message, of NOT LETTING her toy any more with them. LE gave her a chance, she didn't take it so they won't offer any deals now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BSteel