NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Def of smoking gun!

The term "smoking gun" was originally, and is still primarily, a reference to an object or fact that serves as conclusive evidence of a crime or similar act.

from wikipedia

So then, police either think they aren't going to find it, or they've already found it and what they are looking for now is evidence to put the case together. In which case, I have to think it's the latter.

I really think the wood chipper is involved. I think people latched on to the dog handler saying what he thought it could have been just because thinking about it being used on Zahra was just to heartbreaking.

My first thoughts were either sub-flooring or closet shelves. But I honestly haven't the first clue. Whatever those boards are, they certainly do look either wet or water damaged, though.

I am jumping up and down, raising my hand!:dance: Cement backer board, brand name - Wonderboard!

So then, police either think they aren't going to find it, or they've already found it and what they are looking for now is evidence to put the case together. In which case, I have to think it's the latter.

I don't think they have found her and are just searching for the evidence to make the case airtight. MOO

they are not looking for the "smoking gun" (a gun smokes right after you fire it) or the direct evidence

they are looking for indirect evidence...

in other words... they are having to piece this together... literally and figuratively.

that is how I took it anyhow
moo

I really think the wood chipper is involved. I think people latched on to the dog handler saying what he thought it could have been just because thinking about it being used on Zahra was just to heartbreaking.

I totally agree with you. And if they did that to this beautiful child well all deals should come off that table....Let them fry! JMO

My thoughts too. Why would two areas searched involve wood chippers if they did not think they were somehow involved. So sad. :sick:

Edited to add: They have both wood chippers as far as we know.

I think she is buried...please LE go search that Church area at the end of Christie road!

I hope there's going to be a lot of news reports or maybe even a presser today. It's Friday and we all know how the weekends can go... slow...

Luckily for us we have our own reporters though (the locals)- THANK YOU so much to all of you!

I'm very curious to EB's situation at the moment and the information coming from her.

Wood chipper?

Damn. It is looking that way.

I hope not. I remember the case where the guy put his wife in one and all they found was one tooth. I dont know how LE could handle them not finding her / knowing that. Poor guys.

look at that church, even behind it one could park late at night and nobody would see what is going on. Then travel back home, and throw the leg out the window as they were driving.

"This coming Monday, the Catawba County Grand Jury convenes at ten o'clock. Sources say it is possible that Baker could face more charges later that day." (Crump, S, 2010)

Can one of the WS'ers help me out with the above comment from the WBTV.com article? I don't fully understand your legal system ... are the GJ meeting to authorise a murder charge? Or is this simply related to previous charges?

TIA

I am not sure a case can really be called airtight if they never find her...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ