NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friends, as it getting colder and some of us are bringing plants in, please be careful! I brought a fern in today and Hubby and I were just sitting here and I went to put my feet on the floor and my cat was under me - when I pushed him out of the way - there was a BABY COPPERHEAD. Now if you will excuse me, I must go get new undies and cook my cat a tuna or something for saving me. Not a baby baby, but about 7 inches long.

People keep sending me this pub service announcement via email. Here is the rundown on snopes
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/pottedsnakes.asp

Must be a national epidemic!

Friends, as it getting colder and some of us are bringing plants in, please be careful! I brought a fern in today and Hubby and I were just sitting here and I went to put my feet on the floor and my cat was under me - when I pushed him out of the way - there was a BABY COPPERHEAD. Now if you will excuse me, I must go get new undies and cook my cat a tuna or something for saving me.

:eek: Yikes, Good job kitty! :aktion033:

Have the veteran sleuths here spoke about this?

Manager Darrell Mims says he found sheet rock on the floor as if someone sat on it, plus a hole in the wall, a sheet and scuff marks on the closet wall leading to the attic.
His worst fear is Zahra Baker, who lost her hearing and a leg due to cancer, might have been forced to stay there.

"It's about to get me and my wife pretty bad, just to think that a child was in here and we didn't know it," says Mims.
Mims says he thought constant noise in the attic was just squirrels.
Noise he says stopped the day the Bakers moved out.
"I'm thinking she may have been in here and kicked that trying to get out," says Mims.
I'm baffled at how AB still is given a pass with this Tidbit..I mean, this to me is mind boggling. Sure, it only what this man thinks which could be a tall tale but got to be some truth to it.

EDit to add: Given the tearing up of the home this last few days, I'm kind of leaning towards this was a routine they did with Zahra.

I just got here and have missed 13 hrs of info and updates. So I'm not going to ask for any updates unless anyone wants to volunteer :angel: I know read back....PLEASE!!!!!

Since you said please. :crazy:

There isn't much to tell...investigators returned to Christy Road and expanded their search; they will be at the Hickory house over the weekend; they've uncovered evidence they were looking for but have not revealed what that is; Elisa Baker's lesser charges are continued until December 17th - she did not appear in court but Atty Scott Reilly did; and the grand jury for Catawba County is set to convene Monday at 10am.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

These may be repeated but I just posted these articles on the media page and wanted to bring here as well...

Search for Zahra being scales back after week of progress
Investigators scaled back a search at the Hickory house where missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker lived.
At the same time, the search resumed in Caldwell County along Christie Road, where what is believed to be the child's prosthetic leg was found late Tuesday. The search was expanded from the area the leg was found to include both sides of the pavement along the two and a half mile road.
Two teams with investigators and cadaver dogs walked along the highway. "They weren't cutting back brush, just walking and looking," said Caldwell County Sheriff Alan Jones.
More...

Inside Elisa Baker's Rap Sheet
When it comes to showing up in court, Elisa Baker is not very reliable.
We found that out while uncovering Court documents against her.
Her arrest warrant contains just a few simple facts, Baker's mug shot, her address, and the charges she faces.
But so much of what investigators have found out relating to Zahra's disappearance remains confidential.

More...

No court on Friday for Elisa Baker, police retrurn to road
Investigators are back out searching for evidence at a site in Caldwell County on Friday.
They are in the area along Christie Road where they discovered a prosthetic leg earlier this week that is consistent with one worn by Zahra Baker. They are still trying to confirm that it belonged to the young girl.
Crews spent some time searching at the Baker home in Hickory on Thursday and plan to return to that site next week.
More... Video Included...

Police return to site where prosthetic was found
Investigators returned Friday to the area where a prosthetic leg believed to be 10-year-old Zahra Baker’s was found earlier this week.
More...

I've been here the whole time and I still don't know what's going on. :waitasec: :angel:

I echo grannypop's comments, coldpizza. lol I was in and out today (on Caylee's forum) and purdy much seems like they are still searching here and there but scaling back as they found what they needed?? That's about all I can think of...

Mention of grand jury convening on Monday too I think...

Hode'UP!

OT ....

Was that the case of the prolific serial killer pig farmer from Canada??? *Eff me!* I had nightmares over that story! Truly! And didn't he feed the town their loved ones in the form of hamburger meat?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Horrible!

Yes he did! Totally gross!

Friends, as it getting colder and some of us are bringing plants in, please be careful! I brought a fern in today and Hubby and I were just sitting here and I went to put my feet on the floor and my cat was under me - when I pushed him out of the way - there was a BABY COPPERHEAD. Now if you will excuse me, I must go get new undies and cook my cat a tuna or something for saving me. Not a baby baby, but about 7 inches long.

Thanks for that I brought mine in earlier today ...I have hubby going through them with a yardstick now....oooooooooh YUCK ... snuggles to your kitty!!!

In NC it is highly unlikely that an insanity defense would try to be used. If used, it's just as highly unlikely that it would be successful.

BTW, I am looking into naming a Rose after Zahra. It's not as easy as I thought it would be as they are very strict in their associations and it's hard to make contacts. But I have sent a few emails out and waiting to hear back. If anyone has any info on this, Please let me know. If anyone deserves a Rose named after them it's Zahra.

Wonderful!!!! :)

For me....so much of the search has focused on mulch ...... you have to consider how mulch is made and where it originates.

Since you said please. :crazy:

There isn't much to tell...investigators returned to Christy Road and expanded their search; they will be at the Hickory house over the weekend; they've uncovered evidence they were looking for but have not revealed what that is; Elisa Baker's lesser charges are continued until December 17th - she did not appear in court but Atty Scott Reilly did; and the grand jury for Catawba County is set to convene Monday at 10am.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Thank you:blushing: and I was willing to put sugar on top!

I would ask the same question about her being buried somewhere... why wouldn't her prosthesis be buried as well. None of it makes sense.

I would like to touch on the profiling side of this issue as well... *usually* if a mother murders her child, you'll find them pretty close to home. *Usually* if a father kills a child, he will take them hundreds of miles away. *IF* AB had anything to do with this, would her remains be close? :waitasec:

IF EB is the culprit (alone or not) would she dispose of the remains nearby? She was not Zahra's mother and I don't see much indication of any care taking or affection.

I'm leaning toward the theory that Zahra was killed in her bedroom and taken away to be disposed of at least a week or two before the fire/911 calls. The prosthetic was inadvertently not disposed of with the body, was discovered on the drive back, and thrown out the car window. The evidence of the crime was carried out and put in vehicles to be hauled off, or put through the wood chipper. Then the room was painted over and redecorated. ***This is just my theory so far***

MOO :twocents:

That's pretty darned close to my theory. Except, I think the prosthetic leg was discovered at the home, and that "oops" moment is what lead to evidence being placed in the 2nd car and taken to site for disposal.

RIP little angel Zahra :angel: :angel: :angel:

:angel2: :angel2: :angel2: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

You were so brave and beautiful.

I am a clinical psychologist - i have my license, so I know all about personality disorders - I was just wondering if her defense team would try to use insanity as a plea?

BBM

I think I'd have to defer to your opinion since I am not and do not. My opinion based on following criminology for several years though would be no since I do not believe the burden could be met. Though it is early days yet...

Well IDK about that....but if need be I can go take a pic..........lol.

that's okay closer, pics of snakes make my skin crawl, then shed.

I once saw a snake in the parking lot at the hospital. I said, "You're a snake! You can't get treated here unless you have insurance."

Snake said, "That's alright. I've got my COBRA."

That actually happened.

Okay, I had been drinking for several hours, but like I told the cop who pulled me over, "Officer, I am NOT drink. I've only had two drunks. Hiccup."

hastalasayonara .

ZAHRA - I hope your dad and step mom get it but good. :furious:

How dare they? How could they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads