NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manager Darrell Mims says he found sheet rock on the floor as if someone sat on it, plus a hole in the wall, a sheet and scuff marks on the closet wall leading to the attic.
His worst fear is Zahra Baker, who lost her hearing and a leg due to cancer, might have been forced to stay there.

"It's about to get me and my wife pretty bad, just to think that a child was in here and we didn't know it," says Mims.
Mims says he thought constant noise in the attic was just squirrels.
Noise he says stopped the day the Bakers moved out.
"I'm thinking she may have been in here and kicked that trying to get out," says Mims.
First time I heard this! AB has some splaining to do

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25568732/index.html

LE confirmed to WSOCTV that they found some of the items they were looking for in the search of the homoe but would not elaborate on what those things were.

As to the renewed search on Christy Rd in the area where the prosthetic was found, neighbors reported a foul odor in the recent past but LE believe that was related to a dead deer or dead dog, both of which were found nearby.

Maria Claxton was the first person on scene at 21 21st Street with a search dog. Claxton is not local to Hickory. http://www.scsarda.org/Maria.html

When did she arrive and how do you know?
And when you say she was the first there with a SEARCH dog -- it's entirely possible that police dogs were on the scene prior ?

Or was she the one who had HRD dogs that hit on the chipper and cars to have it discounted by LE ?

I have a question too - could the car have been junked? And if it was, are they normally searched first or simply sent through the crusher?

We're kinda gearheads around my household and have had a few cars go to the auto wrecking yard. I don't know individual state laws, but we've always had to have paperwork (title, VIN, etc.). Just my experience, but seems that it would leave an indelible trail...

More evidence taken from home

I haven't seen this article posted yet - forgive me if it's a repeat - but the last paragraph refutes the report that AB was bailed out by a family member.

"Adam Baker turned himself in at the Hickory Police Department at 3:12 a.m. Monday. He was arrested on charges unrelated to the disappearance of his daughter and jailed under a $7,000 secured bond. The charges include five counts of worthless checks and failure to appear.

Baker bonded out of jail Wednesday after bondswoman Rebecca Potter of Plan B Bail Bonds posted his bail. His attorney is Mark Killian, who practices locally. There has been no provisional attorney appointed by North Carolina Indigent Defense Services, as with Elisa Baker."

BBM

I thought he was arrested at the airport. I don't know what or whom to believe at this point but I would think this reporter has facts straight if he is naming the bondswoman.

I have checked arrivals at the airport from AU and the latest one seems to have been at 11:30 pm - what happened between 11:30 Sunday night and 3:12 am Monday morning to make himself turn himself in for worthless cheques? Did family members convince him to go to police and why?

Also, why would LE not have checked for outstanding warrants for AB at the same time they did for EB. Logic says they could have arrested them both at the same time. Were they waiting for him to lead them to something?

So many questions, so few answers. I am convinced LE knows so much more than they are telling anyone and justice will come swiftly when the time is right.

I seemed to have misplaced my code book...

uh.. huh? lol:waitasec:

I just got here and have missed 13 hrs of info and updates. So I'm not going to ask for any updates unless anyone wants to volunteer :angel: I know read back....PLEASE!!!!!

Originally Posted by soulmagent : the only other time i saw that was the months the le spent digging up willy picktons farm

Hode'UP!

OT ....

Was that the case of the prolific serial killer pig farmer from Canada??? *Eff me!* I had nightmares over that story! Truly! And didn't he feed the town their loved ones in the form of hamburger meat?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Horrible!

I have a question too - could the car have been junked? And if it was, are they normally searched first or simply sent through the crusher?

JMO My nephew owns 2 salvage yards and all the cars that come through there are stripped for usable parts and they always look in the trunks and interior before they send them through the crusher. Ita amazing how many tools, and other GOOD JUNK are left in cars. A car of this age would be a collectors item to alot of people and probley sold instead of crushed.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friends, as it getting colder and some of us are bringing plants in, please be careful! I brought a fern in today and Hubby and I were just sitting here and I went to put my feet on the floor and my cat was under me - when I pushed him out of the way - there was a BABY COPPERHEAD. Now if you will excuse me, I must go get new undies and cook my cat a tuna or something for saving me. Not a baby baby, but about 7 inches long.

I just got here and have missed 13 hrs of info and updates. So I'm not going to ask for any updates unless anyone wants to volunteer :angel: I know read back....PLEASE!!!!!

I've been here the whole time and I still don't know what's going on. :waitasec: :angel:

We don't know what of hers is still there, there was a report in local news that there were remnants of burned fabric, after the back yard fire - EB may have destroyed everything Zahra owned just so there was no trace of her left!

A jacket, sweater or pj's that were washed or items used by everyone in the family like a fabric couch would not help the dogs would it? Doesn't the scent need to be unique to the victim alone?

If you were going to report a child in your care missing, would you destroy every bit of evidence that she was ever even there? How on earth would you explain that?

okay that was the mattress from the home not the one from the landfill. I misunderstood.
do you have something that states they used that to locate her leg?

No but I think at the time nothing of Zahra's was probably in the house, given that the cops presser stated they needed anyone outside of the family to confirm when she was last seen. That and the part where the writer said "They need the mattress to keep the scent for Zahra"

Something very unique to her smell would be her prosthetic leg IMHO but anyway, we don't know any of this and I think the media is speculating also like we are all doing. This is the catch 22 when LE doesn't give a more pressers with Q and A.

The burden to prove legal insanity is actually quite high. Pathological lying, manipulation and delusions of grandeur are all symptoms of several cluster b personality disorders - including antisocial personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder. Personality disorders don't come anywhere close to the legal requirements. I believe NC follows the M'Naughten rule but its late here and I'm too tired to look for a link for that.

Here's a general link on using an insanity defence:
http://www.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclopedia/insanity-defense

I think her defence team will look for mitigating factors - instead of calling her insane they'll reference what childhood trauma led to her alleged drug abuse, etc. JMHO and FWIW

I am a clinical psychologist - i have my license, so I know all about personality disorders - I was just wondering if her defense team would try to use insanity as a plea?

To be honest, I would love to go searching in that area but you can't just go traipsing on someone's property without permission, especially that much property. People around here are especially protective of their land and I don't want to get shot by Farmer John this weekend.

You would think these ppl would be out looking themselves, checking the grounds around them. I know i would! but thats JMO

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friends, as it getting colder and some of us are bringing plants in, please be careful! I brought a fern in today and Hubby and I were just sitting here and I went to put my feet on the floor and my cat was under me - when I pushed him out of the way - there was a BABY COPPERHEAD. Now if you will excuse me, I must go get new undies and cook my cat a tuna or something for saving me. Not a baby baby, but about 7 inches long.

oh dear, but how you worded it all. is LMAO

BTW, I am looking into naming a Rose after Zahra. It's not as easy as I thought it would be as they are very strict in their associations and it's hard to make contacts. But I have sent a few emails out and waiting to hear back. If anyone has any info on this, Please let me know. If anyone deserves a Rose named after them it's Zahra.

I have one concern about the car in water theory, although it can be possible but why would anyone bother to throw a prosthetic in the brush on the side of a road when it could have been just as easy to dump everything in the car if it were going lakeside.

I would ask the same question about her being buried somewhere... why wouldn't her prosthesis be buried as well. None of it makes sense.

I would like to touch on the profiling side of this issue as well... *usually* if a mother murders her child, you'll find them pretty close to home. *Usually* if a father kills a child, he will take them hundreds of miles away. *IF* AB had anything to do with this, would her remains be close? :waitasec:

IF EB is the culprit (alone or not) would she dispose of the remains nearby? She was not Zahra's mother and I don't see much indication of any care taking or affection.

I'm leaning toward the theory that Zahra was killed in her bedroom and taken away to be disposed of at least a week or two before the fire/911 calls. The prosthetic was inadvertently not disposed of with the body, was discovered on the drive back, and thrown out the car window. The evidence of the crime was carried out and put in vehicles to be hauled off, or put through the wood chipper. Then the room was painted over and redecorated. ***This is just my theory so far***

MOO :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member