NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the direction could be a lead...we don't know if one or two people were in the car, but a dog hit on two vehicles, so that would lead one to conclude two vehicles were used to transport evidence. The question to go further on the lead would be did they throw the leg out before the body, after the body, or was the body even in this vehicle? Only LE knows which vehicle was used to toss the leg out. I'm just offering my 2 cents because other brighter minds could tie this theory into something else they were looking at.

Or whoever carried anything with decomp came back and got into the other car afterwards. I still think the mattress was taken in one car and Z in the other, MOO.

Or whoever carried anything with decomp came back and got into the other car afterwards. I still think the mattress was taken in one car and Z in the other, MOO.

If that is correct (your theory) then wouldn't the person who disposed of the leg also have the body? Just thinking...It is kind of hard, because I believe they were not thinking clearly and was in somewhat of a panic mode therefore nothing logical probably would apply. *shrug*

The problem is we don't know where in the landfill the mattress was found. I mean each garbage pickup when taken to the dump don't they have a zone, where at that landfill it goes. LE in my opinion was searching where the dumpsters from where EB/AB lived and they didn't find it. It was later that the owner of the landfill found the mattress (still unconfirmed if this is indeed the correct mattress though). LE would know pretty much if it came from a dumpster and which route that dump truck would take..or if it was dumped by driving a POV to the dump.

Edit to add: If the landfill owner found the mattress ( I think it was less then a week after LE searched) my guess is that it was found pretty close to the search site. Maybe the mattress was placed in another dumpster away from the house heading to pine mountain road (christy road) therefore the mattress was close but just out of the zone they had originally looked. Then after the mattress was dumped the leg was dumped. This though to me would conclude that EB dumped the leg and mattress and some how I do not see EB dumping the mattress by herself.

Just thinking out loud here.

could presumptive test of that mattress have lead LE to the house and not the leg?

I'm thinking the leg could of been the murder weapon........
I don't think Zahra ever left the property.if she did, she would be at AB
work area....
IMO I still think the woodchipper played a part in this case.

Sorry folks for thinking out loud:

The mattress if dumped in another dumpster or taken to the dump had to be loaded in a truck (Tahoe) or another vehicle that hasn't been reported. Since EB lived within miles of where the leg was found, she would be very familiar to that area so this is why EB tossed that leg.

While in panic mode (me thinking or trying to if in that situation) I would want to dump that mattress far away from where I lived...just like the leg was tossed away from the house.

Dear Zahra,

I do so love you and want you to be found. But if it's possible, can you not whisper to them until tomorrow or at least later today? It's a doc dump day in the Caylee case, and I want to be able to give you the attention you deserve when you are found.

Love,

me

If body is whole, I would venture to guess (again trying to place my mind in theirs) The body would be disposed of even further away. So my thinking was, toss the leg, continue on up past shoals and head where? If vehicle that disposed of mattress had body, we couldn't track the direction unless we knew where that mattress was dumped in the first place. We can go off of, it was driven by POV to the dump itself, then where after that would the body go..further away in my opinion and opposite direction.

With all of the cases in the past it has been the "norm" for the perp to discard items in more than one location so I'm thinking bits of evidence could be scattered randomnly throughout several counties there

I sure will be glad when LE pieces it together and then tells what they know... and I hope today brings justice for Zahra.

I just cant wade through all the comments anymore, it's just too...idk... disheartening? sad? tragic?

Thanks to all who post news when it breaks!

How much did AB know the area? I mean if you wanted to hide a body, would he even know the area well enough to hide it to where LE hasn't found it yet? This is leading me to believe that EB had a 3rd person helping that knew the area very well. Given EB's background in crime, and her past known acquaintances, it isn't too hard to venture that she knew someone, possibly that has a criminal background, and just maybe know information about a person that committed a more violent crime that has never been solved. This would be the only reason anyone would have to help EB dispose of a body or it was family.

The one thing that could be identified and would never decomp, the leg, was so carelessly tossed and even near EB's old residence. Strange. Of course, AB & EB may not have known the leg was chipped.
I'm scared the chipper is still involved as well, only because that video clip really looks like hair and mulch, and the amount of mulch there at the home.
I think the leg and mattress could have been in the tahoe and whoever dumped them got in the car afterwards spreading the scent. I don't think dogs hitting on both cars tells us much since the scent is so easily transferred. Now if we know where the dogs hit on the cars....

once again, Im horribly behind and can't keep up reading the threads here. I of course did hear the recent news from yesterday (prosthetic leg being confirmed, EB getting indicted). I just have one question right now that I"ve been meaning to ask for weeks now- does anyone know if EB (or AB) had an Ebay account? and if so, what purchases they made or things they may have sold? Just looking for other clues/hints. TIA

This is OT,but does relate..
In Australia a guy from Texas beat a horse to death (she was hurt so bad she was put down)because she would not load in a trailer. Many people are calling for him to be deported. But because he as an Australian by marrage,he can't be deported. Can AB be tried here as he is Australian??? Would he be deported? Does Australia have any say in what happens to him??
Oh,as we Texans do not want this beast back,the suggestion has been made to drop him in the Ocean halfway..

The one thing that could be identified and would never decomp, the leg, was so carelessly tossed and even near EB's old residence. Strange. Of course, AB & EB may not have known the leg was chipped.
I'm scared the chipper is still involved as well, only because that video clip really looks like hair and mulch, and the amount of mulch there at the home.
I think the leg and mattress could have been in the tahoe and whoever dumped them got in the car afterwards spreading the scent. I don't think dogs hitting on both cars tells us much since the scent is so easily transferred. Now if we know where the dogs hit on the cars....

I missed that video clip, you have a link please?

Since today is election day, and I do feel that voting is important;
this will take preference over Zahra today.
I have a feeling media will just give us little today because of politics.
I hope I am wrong.....we always have our wonderful locals to help us out!!!!

This is OT,but does relate..
In Australia a guy from Texas beat a horse to death (she was hurt so bad she was put down)because she would not load in a trailer. Many people are calling for him to be deported. But because he as an Australian by marrage,he can't be deported. Can AB be tried here as he is Australian??? Would he be deported? Does Australia have any say in what happens to him??
Oh,as we Texans do not want this beast back,the suggestion has been made to drop him in the Ocean halfway..

IIRC Australia can have nothing to do with the trial here and he would not be deported to face charges there. However, they can intervene if the death penalty comes up. I do believe once tried and convicted he may qualify to transfer his sentence to Australia but it sounds pretty long and detailed in order for that to happen.
http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/tips/gaolos.html

I believe the leg couldn't have been tossed out while driving the car. One would have had to pull over, swerve in the opposite lane, or a passenger threw it out. Given where the leg was found, if driving towards shoals the driver would be in that lane adjacent to the pull off place of the road, but it would have had to either pull over, or be able to stick the hand out of driver's window, then throw it over the roof of the car. (Not probable MO) They would have had to pull over, and toss it.

Now if the car was coming from Shoals road toward Pine Mountain then the driver would be on the opposite lane of where the leg was, but the driverside would be closer, not know how much the leg weighed it is possible if not too heavy but heavy enough it could be like throwing a softball therefore could land that far off the road; however, would one risk it not landing there, what if thrown it landed in the street? So to me it is probable but still not fitting.

The conclusion is, that the vehicle was heading towards Shoals road, the driver pulled off, turned headlights off, and got out of the car, then tossed it.

Just my 2 cents

I don't think it was tossed at all. It was covered by a pile of brush. I believe it was deliberately hidden.

So the person who did it had to have parked somewhere. Since it is EB's old stomping grounds, she probably knew where she could park that wouldn't be suspicious but would also give her foot access to that area.

This leads me to believe it was either EB alone or EB driving and AB getting out to do the hiding. (In which case she could have let him out somewhere, with instructions how to walk to the general location she had in mind, then picked him up afterwards, avoiding the "parking" issue.)

So either she didn't remember the *exact* location she hid it (if it was her), or AB did it and so she didn't know exactly where it was. That would explain how she was able to give LE a location but the leg wasn't found until they widened the search outward from that area.

All my own speculation and opinion.

How much did AB know the area? I mean if you wanted to hide a body, would he even know the area well enough to hide it to where LE hasn't found it yet? This is leading me to believe that EB had a 3rd person helping that knew the area very well. Given EB's background in crime, and her past known acquaintances, it isn't too hard to venture that she knew someone, possibly that has a criminal background, and just maybe know information about a person that committed a more violent crime that has never been solved. This would be the only reason anyone would have to help EB dispose of a body or it was family.

AB was in NC for 2 years correct? So in my opinion, if he wasn't just a homebody, he would know the area well enough to have many ideas of where to hide her body or evidence. As well as EB.

We lived in Caldwell Co. which is mostly foothills and in Watauga which is up the mountain...for approx. 2 years. We traveled every road imaginable in those counties as well as Burke and others. I cannot stress enough that there are soooo many back roads..within 20-30 minutes from Hudson. and plenty right there in the immediate vicinity. My husband used to say "If someone wanted to dump a body out here, it would never be found." Morbid I know...please don't hold it against him lol He was just speculating on how isolated the area is.

I'm not sure if they would take the time to think it through and bother traveling the short distance...I'm leaning more towards them sticking closer to one of the residences, but...again if they took the short drive...it may be awhile before Zahra is found(if ever). :( I refuse to go with the woodchipper theory. Can't do it.

ETA: When I say "back roads", I'm talking about windy, curvy mountain roads...with many spots that drop off to the valleys below, which are heavily forested. Some of the roads are also only one lane with pull offs in spots.

I don't think she told them where the leg was. I think if she said anything it was something like this "I don't remember where it is, I pulled off some road" That is when LE went to where her known address were and started to search. They brought her to shoals road (there is an off the road area there kind of like on christy) and she didn't say anything...then LE had her confirm where she lived, and drove her by those places, and once they came close to Christy her body language gave that area up. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea