NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was another case where the body was disposed of in a wood chipper. The chipper itself was clean as the wood "cleaned" up any human debris. After chipping up his wife he chipped a bunch of wood. The investigators did find bone fragments at the site close to a river or pond. I entered Wood Chipper Murder and the victim was named Helle Crafts. The 15 page article lists numerous pieces of evidence found but fails to mention any, if any was found ,human remains in the chipper itself.

Yes, her maiden name is Fairchild.

Does anyone know why we concluded that AY was an exhusband of EB's? I can't find anything other than him stating he was BS's stepdad that indicates he was married to EB.

AY posted the following "And the bad thing is she (Zhara) always loved her stepmom, she wouldnt let anyone say any-thing bad about her stepmom around her, SO SAD!"

Good question. We don't know that he was actually married to Elisa. I think I concluded that because he refers to her as his ex and her daughter as his step-daughter. He also says EB's granddaughter still refers to him as Pawpaw. But they may never have been actually married.

Very confusing! Someone posted earlier about a what the unusual relationships. The photo of Zahra on AY's FB page looks to be from a birthday party. I assumed it was for B (Elisa's daughter and his step-daughter), so it would seem nice that AY would include B's new step-sister at her birthday party. But the way she is hugging him and his comments about her seem like there was a lot of ongoing contact.

But writing a fake ransom note around the time of the crime proves knowledge of right from wrong in the fact she was trying to deflect and knew that whatever happened was wrong. Then admitting that she did write it goes even further.

ITA with this.

There was another case where the body was disposed of in a wood chipper. The chipper itself was clean as the wood "cleaned" up any human debris. After chipping up his wife he chipped a bunch of wood. The investigators did find bone fragments at the site close to a river or pond. I entered Wood Chipper Murder and the victim was named Helle Crafts. The 15 page article lists numerous pieces of evidence found but fails to mention any, if any was found ,human remains in the chipper itself.

I remember that case. They found one of her teeth?

Yeah, but the quote was from the SHERIFF himself. I kinda believe him.

Found the exact quote .... I guess it's somewhat subjective. Some officers are going to doubt more than others depending on what they hear from AB. I do think the fact that he's been out there with them indicates that he's cooperating on some level. Otherwise, they'd kick him out.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker...ry?id=11877535

"He seems concerned. I don't know how sincere his concern is," Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt said Wednesday as investigators continued to search for any sign of Zahra's remains. When asked if he believed Adam Baker, McDevitt said, "I don't."

I popped in this morning hoping for some news of Zahra. Thanks for the latest news link.

Honestly, I don't really care how much AB is cooperating with LE now. Where was he when his daughter needed his care and protection? With all these reports that have come out, including the ones about EB as a drug user & dealer ... you can't convince me he didn't know what was going on in that house.

I'll go back to lurking now. Prayers for that beautiful little girl who endured so much in life. I hope she's running & singing & playing with animals somewhere beautiful now.

Quote from the article:

Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators

This makes absolutely no sense. First he's cooperating, yesterday he wasn't cooperating, now today he has been 100% cooperative. I don't get it. Which is it?

Maybe LE put the HEAT on him!!! Like cooperate and you will get less time?
or we will let you go back to AU if you co operate????
Maybe adam will tell all if pressured????

But writing a fake ransom note around the time of the crime proves knowledge of right from wrong in the fact she was trying to deflect and knew that whatever happened was wrong. Then admitting that she did write it goes even further.

Correct! I was merely pointing out that that proves competency at the time of the offence, not competency to stand trial :)

Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police that the missing Hickory girl, Zahra Clare Baker, did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills and have confirmed that she was alive as recently as mid September.Police are still working to narrow their timeline since the 10-year-old disabled girl went missing.Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators.Police also told Channel 9 that they have more search warrants but those court documents have been sealed by a judge.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

Thanks for the update, darlin gal! I'm glad to hear LE has been able to narrow down the window of time. Hope it helps them focus the investigation and leads to a crime scene.

Found the exact quote .... I guess it's somewhat subjective. Some officers are going to doubt more than others depending on what they hear from AB. I do think the fact that he's been out there with them indicates that he's cooperating on some level. Otherwise, they'd kick him out.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker...ry?id=11877535

"He seems concerned. I don't know how sincere his concern is," Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt said Wednesday as investigators continued to search for any sign of Zahra's remains. When asked if he believed Adam Baker, McDevitt said, "I don't."

I agree...you have several small county LE agencies working together to find her....and I think some of their opinions are going to differ and the way they handle these situations differ as well

"Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police that the missing Hickory girl, Zahra Clare Baker, did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills and have confirmed that she was alive as recently as mid September.

Police are still working to narrow their timeline since the 10-year-old disabled girl went missing.

Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators."

:banghead: I'm banging my head a lot today. Now AB is 100 % cooperative?

And they HAVE confirmed that she moved there with them as was alive as recently as mid Sept. Hmmmm. This puts a different spin on things.

mid september is still a month ago, doesn't change much for me at all, the neighbors have never seen the girl

The news came at lightning speed. Now it's as if someone sealed a vault. The calm before the storm? I think I hear a bus coming. It's headed for the intersection. I think EB is going to shove AB under it. Imagine how p*ssed off someone with EB's temper must be at being confined to a cell while AB roams freely about. Remember how she says on her Myspace that everyone is out to get her? She's got to think he's rolling over on her, even if he's not, because she's in jail and he's free.
JMO

I went to bed shortly after I posted. I tried this morning, but can't see a way to edit it. Is it because too much time has passed? I've edited other posts in the past with no problem, but shortly after I posted them. Or maybe I'm having difficulty because I'm so tired.

Sorry for using the ex-husband and daughter's full names, I thought the full names were OK because the people have identified themselves and their relationships to the people directly involved in other public forums. And I thought their full names had been used here (but maybe those posts were edited later?).

TIA!

I don't believe you HAVE to use initials, it's just kind of a favor so protect WS. Someone explained it to me yesterday and I can't remember the exact reasoning (because I've nearly lost my mind) but it made sense. Obviously, if it's a minor or someone not yet in the public/media, we have to use initials. Sorry I'm not much help. :crazy:

From the article referenced above:

Police also told Channel 9 that they have more search warrants, but those court documents have been sealed by a judge. They have confirmed those documents involve searches of computer and phone records.

Man I wish we could see those search results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon