NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would some search warrants be sealed and others not?

some of the items listed in the warrant as item LE is looking for may have not been found yet, bio dad and who knows else is still out and about, so it would not be in the benefit of the investigators to tell the world what they are looking for but have not found

IMO, I am beginning to feel that the story about the bio-mom not seeing Zahra since the child was 8 months old and the other story about the mom searching for 5 years and only finding out that Adam remarried and moved to the USA with Zahra is coming from either Adam and/or Elisa or perhaps from Elisa's immediate family based on what Adam/Elisa told them.

Until Zahra's mother comes forward, I am beginning to cast doubt on the story about the stories reported.

This is the only link I can find where the bio-mom "speaks"

snipped: "Zahras mother spoke out that she has been searching for her for 5 years, and that she just found out last week her ex-husband was remarried and in North Carolina"

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...issing-girl-turns-into-homicide-investigation

But I don't know where she "spoke out" at - I cant find anything with a direct quote - IDK - just am trying to figure out why she could not find her. I hate that this child ended up here and with this fate at the hands of evil!:furious:

I popped in this morning hoping for some news of Zahra. Thanks for the latest news link.

Honestly, I don't really care how much AB is cooperating with LE now. Where was he when his daughter needed his care and protection? With all these reports that have come out, including the ones about EB as a drug user & dealer ... you can't convince me he didn't know what was going on in that house.

I'll go back to lurking now. Prayers for that beautiful little girl who endured so much in life. I hope she's running & singing & playing with animals somewhere beautiful now.

My thoughts exactly! Whether he's "cooperating" or not is irrelevant. He's in this up to his eyeballs. I expect both of them at some point to lawyer up and say nothing. If there's enough evidence to convict EB, she'll go full insanity defense, or claim it was an accident and she and AB panicked and disposed of the body.

I don't expect her ever to accept responsibility...my own opinion.

I think you have an hour to edit. After that, at mod has to do it.
If it's still there, you can PM a mod and they can help you.

ETA: But I think you have to have 50 posts to PM.

Thank you for the information! I don't have 50 posts yet. Could someone PM the mods for me. I appreciate the rules that WS has; that's why I am on this forum. I don't want my post to violate the rules.

Thank you for the information! I don't have 50 posts yet. Could someone PM the mods for me. I appreciate the rules that WS has; that's why I am on this forum. I don't want my post to violate the rules.

Hey Bod, you can also report your own post ...lol. I've had to do that a few times, just tell them what needs changed.

So when did Zahra actually die? The day/night of the mulch fire in the yard? Several days earlier? As early as mid September? Just how long could the Bakers (if responsible) hide the dead body of a 10 year old child? And where? In the house? In one of the cars? Under the mulch in the backyard? :waitasec:

If EB acted alone, just how long could she hide Zahra's body from her father?

The news came at lightning speed. Now it's as if someone sealed a vault. The calm before the storm? I think I hear a bus coming. It's headed for the intersection. I think EB is going to shove AB under it. Imagine how p*ssed off someone with EB's temper must be at being confined to a cell while AB roams freely about. Remember how she says on her Myspace that everyone is out to get her? She's got to think he's rolling over on her, even if he's not, because she's in jail and he's free.
JMO

Interesting thoughts. I wonder now if LE is putting out seemingly conflicting accounts of his "cooperation" in order to rattle her cage, confuse her. She must have some access to public information about the ongoing search. She's probably peppering her lawyer with all sorts of questions, trying to figure out how to get out of this.

My thoughts exactly! Whether he's "cooperating" or not is irrelevant. He's in this up to his eyeballs. I expect both of them at some point to lawyer up and say nothing. If there's enough evidence to convict EB, she'll go full insanity defense, or claim it was an accident and she and AB panicked and disposed of the body.

I don't expect her ever to accept responsibility...my own opinion.

I think we will see a battered wife defense.
We have already seen pics of her with a black eye, seen the physical transformation in a short amount of time, clearly we are not expecting a body that a cause of death can be determined, so that goes right to a he said she said of who killed her.

The police are searching for the body at HIS jobsite.
He supposedly made the fire phone call.
He supposedly made the missing girl phone call.

He better be doing his best to move this investigation along and secure a deal upfront because if that body went through a wood chipper I see a real problem with him explaining how she killed the child and wood chipped her body. It would be a real problem for me.

Interesting thoughts. I wonder now if LE is putting out seemingly conflicting accounts of his "cooperation" in order to rattle her cage, confuse her. She must have some access to public information about the ongoing search. She's probably peppering her lawyer with all sorts of questions, trying to figure out how to get out of this.

they may be playing mind games with him as well, an officer on camera saying he does not believe biodad is huge, that was to send a message... and the next day we are back to 100% cooperative

I think that was a message for biodad more than the public

It makes sense that dad is cooperating. He now is 'free' of the abuse. He wants to be the 'good guy' again. He's afraid they will arrest him, and he'll go to jail. On some level, he probably is genuinely remorseful and sorry and sad. The 'spell is broken' with the abuser, and he is now 'safe' with law enforcement. He is going to 'help'.
Does he know what happened or where the child is? If he did, he mighht by now have said something. Then again, in the words of a great defense attorney 'never, never admit anything!!!!'

I believe that dad may have even convinced himself that he had nothing to do with it, even if he did. It's amazing how the mind works.

I believe if they promised him he'd do no jail time, and signed a contract to that fact if he did know, he'd say something.

First, I apologize if this theory has been posted - we're moving and I've missed a whole day of posts...

I have a terrible theory here (not for the fainthearted).

- she was killed somehow by stepmom (the taser gun really scares me and may come into play here?)
- glove found by neighbor with gooey stuff inside of it: I think they then had to get rid of her in such a way that wasn't traceable. Hence, a glove used when dismembering (oh dear God - can't believe I wrote that), removing soft tissue. :( When finished, the glove was turned inside out when pulling it off, and that somehow preserved the "goo" on the inside.
- scent in both cars b/c they both transported (parts of) her
--father: bones to work, and put in machine... :(
--stepmom: soft tissue went elsewhere (body of water?)

Okay, I pray that this is not what happened. Just thinking of the above scenario is totally disgusting, but writing it out was even worse. I cannot fathom someone being so dark and evil as to do something like what I described. But I guess if they have already killed her and need to save their own selves, then they would go to whatever lengths possible, especially if they've had some time to do it before staging the note, etc. If they find her, I hope and pray that her body is at least in one piece (the pond near the work place is a good bet). :cry:

I also think it's possible that just because no one has seen her in over a month doesn't mean that she wasn't kept in her room for the past month. The timeline really is up in the air.

And I did hug my kids tighter last night and today, as this case is really getting me... similar to many others where parents do the unspeakable.

ETA: Has anyone else thought that something this terrible could have happened? Sometimes I wonder why I hang out on here, when cases/thoughts like this keep me up at night... :(

I'm not even close to being ready to believe that Adam was abused.

Does anyone know if police have searched thier previous residence? I have a feeling Z never made the move with them....

Maybe it's possible to sleuth up some specific times/dates today? I will try my best to do some research as well (my cat passed away last night, so I am in and out of bawling), but I know our Astros are looking for specifics.

Trying to find the exact date of when Zahra was last seen (this might find a time/date per the picture of Zahra that was posting online on a family members account). And, hopefully, the day/time the inspector came out. If possible, the day she left Australia for the states.

If anyone bumps across this information, could you please direct it to the Astros?

(I don't know if this is OT and worth a TO, but thought it good a good plan. Again, sorry if I am not thinking too well this morning.)

Sherbet.. so sorry about your kitty... ((hugs))

is the weather getting better?
http://bradbrittshow.blogspot.com/2010/10/hour-3-101410.html
said dark and gloomy, rain

FBI Brad Garrett:

number of red flags before Zahra was reported missing
Verbal and physical abuse
no one seen Zahra in weeks
Points allot to SM
SM is someone who has anger and rage to Zahra
Blended families and baggage
Child was a positive, and SM resented that
DDS quality........debateable
3 visits to see anything or prove the allegation.......need proof
DDS allowed to clam up? LE and the courts will know.
SM seems involved.
Ransom note is a bigger flag and reports of abuse.
LE has to suppress emotions and keep investigating.
Very hard to do.

I also think it's possible that just because no one has seen her in over a month doesn't mean that she wasn't kept in her room for the past month. The timeline really is up in the air.

That's what makes the timeline quest so frustrating. She could have been in that house of horrors all that time.

Feeling nauseated after posting my theory above. I guess the main things that started that train of thought were the glove, scent in both cars, scent at the dad's work, and the machines at his work...

Good morning (it's just shy of 6 am here) checking in for Zahra.

my :twocents: on the change in wording about AB being cooperative or not cooperative.

I, personally, hold off on forming an opinion or changing my mind as reports change in the MSM about a person associated or a POI or suspect and etc. related to a criminal case.

Here's why.

Many of us here have seen (for instance in high profile cases like Caylee, Haleigh, Sandra, Sylar...etc) that as the investigation develops and especially this early into the investigation that reports can not only vary but change daily and sometimes several times within a day.

This is where I have to actively read.

I read:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=221534&catid=28
posted yesterday to internet

snip:
McDevitt confirmed that Adam Baker was on site with investigators.

He characterized his behavior as "not exactly cooperative," adding that, in his opinion, Baker is not being truthful.

Then I read:
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html
Updated: 11:38 am EDT October 14, 2010

snip:
Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators.

First quote directly from Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt, second quote attributed to "police".

Okay...

That tells me I need to wait until there is a report that either says McDevitt on it or has another officials name.

JMHO on all that jazz :)

(another thought) added to this post: wfgodot pointed out that we need to be cautious in naming SM as monster. I agree. Another member here quoted a few lines for an Auden poem several threads back and it and what wfgodot has said are very important to consider and make this even more horrifying.

Evil is mundane. Every time we walk outside of our homes we stare evil in the face. We just don't realize it most of the time. Evil sits at our tables and eats with us, it sometimes shares our beds, sometimes it stares us back when we look in the mirror. It's common, it's ordinary and it's nothing special. The fine line is 99% of us wouldn't be involved in something like this crime. But that remaining 1% you can't look at them and tell they would honestly IMHO. SM is nothing special. We see women murder children every single day. We see couples dispose of children's bodies in such a way those children are never found. We have no clue what they've done to those children other than murder them.

Anyway, Sorry for the long post! Praying that Zahra is found quickly and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500