NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's possible to sleuth up some specific times/dates today? I will try my best to do some research as well (my cat passed away last night, so I am in and out of bawling), but I know our Astros are looking for specifics.

Trying to find the exact date of when Zahra was last seen (this might find a time/date per the picture of Zahra that was posting online on a family members account). And, hopefully, the day/time the inspector came out. If possible, the day she left Australia for the states.

If anyone bumps across this information, could you please direct it to the Astros?

(I don't know if this is OT and worth a TO, but thought it good a good plan. Again, sorry if I am not thinking too well this morning.)

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

the latest on wsoc, just updated within the last few minutes

"Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police that the missing Hickory girl, Zahra Clare Baker, did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills and have confirmed that she was alive as recently as mid September.

Police are still working to narrow their timeline since the 10-year-old disabled girl went missing.

Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators."

:banghead: I'm banging my head a lot today. Now AB is 100 % cooperative?

And they HAVE confirmed that she moved there with them as was alive as recently as mid Sept. Hmmmm. This puts a different spin on things.

the latest on wsoc, just updated within the last few minutes
Quote from the article:

Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators

This makes absolutely no sense. First he's cooperating, yesterday he wasn't cooperating, now today he has been 100% cooperative. I don't get it. Which is it?

Maybe it's possible to sleuth up some specific times/dates today? I will try my best to do some research as well (my cat passed away last night, so I am in and out of bawling), but I know our Astros are looking for specifics.

Trying to find the exact date of when Zahra was last seen (this might find a time/date per the picture of Zahra that was posting online on a family members account). And, hopefully, the day/time the inspector came out. If possible, the day she left Australia for the states.

If anyone bumps across this information, could you please direct it to the Astros?

(I don't know if this is OT and worth a TO, but thought it good a good plan. Again, sorry if I am not thinking too well this morning.)

Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police that the missing Hickory girl, Zahra Clare Baker, did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills and have confirmed that she was alive as recently as mid September.Police are still working to narrow their timeline since the 10-year-old disabled girl went missing.Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators.Police also told Channel 9 that they have more search warrants but those court documents have been sealed by a judge.

Yes, her maiden name is Fairchild.

Does anyone know why we concluded that AY was an exhusband of EB's? I can't find anything other than him stating he was BS's stepdad that indicates he was married to EB.

AY posted the following "And the bad thing is she (Zhara) always loved her stepmom, she wouldnt let anyone say any-thing bad about her stepmom around her, SO SAD!"[/QUOTE]

abused children and adults for that matter often stick up for the abuser trying to please them.:sick:

I think it's a mistake to think of EB as being some sort of monster, less than human. It underestimates the negative potential we each of us have within ourselves. That we do not go down the particular road we feel that she has trod is not only a matter of choice on our part, but also a matter of circumstance, and of fate - though it frightens us to recognize it as such; which, I think, is the real reason for our wishing her to be made of stuff other than that of which we are also made.

Prayers for Zahra. Prayers for us all.

Quote from the article:

Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators

This makes absolutely no sense. First he's cooperating, yesterday he wasn't cooperating, now today he has been 100% cooperative. I don't get it. Which is it?

I think it's due to the way they update the articles. They don't always take out the "old news"....they just add the new. KWIM? :banghead:

Quote from the article:

I think he is cooperating. How sincere or truthful he is being when cooperating is what police have said they have issue with. JMO

I can cooperate by taking an oral exam or give an interview where questions are asked, but can also lie or guess at the answers.
Make sense?

I am pretty positive that she has some severe behavioral disorders but as far as being "crazy" in the eyes of the law - nope. No way, she proved that by writing the ransom note - proof positive she knew right from wrong. I, for one, am quite glad she wrote it and then fessed up to it - THAT will go a long way in the courtroom to prove she is competent to stand trial.

bolded by me!

Actually, competence to stand trial is separate from a defendant's competence at the time of the offence. Competency to stand trial only refers to whether they possess the ability to understand and rationally take part in the trail and comprehend the charges against them.

Yea I guess you're right. Yesterday LE said they didn't believe him. So, I guess that would techniclly mean he is cooperating just not be truthful.

Why would some search warrants be sealed and others not?

Quote from the article:

I honestly think he's been cooperating the entire time. The reports of him being with police at the scene during them searching the wood chipper, mulch pile, and pond indicated that he was cooperating to me. If he wasn't LE wouldn't have allowed / kept him out there.

There was only one report I saw that indicated in any way that AB wasn't working with LE . It quoted a specific officer (I think from a different county) and indicated HE (that specific officer) didn't believe him .... and the media outlet ran it as he wasn't cooperating. All other reports I've seen say he is.

I think it's due to the way they update the articles. They don't always take out the "old news"....they just add the new. KWIM? :banghead:

I may be mistaken, but wasnt it Burke County LE that said he wasnt being fully cooperative? The fact that he is now being 100% cooperative is probably coming from Hickory Police Dept.

Actually, competence to stand trial is separate from a defendant's competence at the time of the offence. Competency to stand trial only referes to whether they possess the ability to understand and rationally take part in the trail and comprehend the charges against them.
But writing a fake ransom note around the time of the crime proves knowledge of right from wrong in the fact she was trying to deflect and knew that whatever happened was wrong. Then admitting that she did write it goes even further.

I honestly think he's been cooperating the entire time. The reports of him being with police at the scene during them searching the wood chipper, mulch pile, and pond indicated that he was cooperating to me. If he wasn't LE wouldn't have allowed / kept him out there.

There was only one report I saw that indicated in any way that AB wasn't working with LE . It quoted a specific officer and indicated HE (that specific officer) didn't believe him .... and the media outlet ran it as he wasn't cooperating. All other reports I've seen say he is.

Yeah, but the quote was from the SHERIFF himself. I kinda believe him.

Quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to:

Was AB in court when EB made her appearance?

Why would some search warrants be sealed and others not?

It could be those search warrants hold details they don't want made public because doing so could comprise their investigation @ this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels