ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as they said his age i thought of this quote

No suspects have been identified, but a man "with a foreign accent" had made at least one harassing phone call to Victoria's Secret, asking about Sjodin in the past two weeks, Lt. Eggebraaten said.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/7343693.htm

and i may be wrong for assuming that someone named Alfonso Rodriguez Jr. would have an accent, but i just bet it's related.

Originally posted by mushyb

and i may be wrong for assuming that someone named Alfonso Rodriguez Jr. would have an accent, but i just bet it's related.

I don't think you're wrong. I agree with you. It makes sense.
Thanks for all you've posted, mushyb.
Misty

CNN is reported breaking news that a suspect has been arrested...more to come

I heard that about an hour ago on FOX....also there will be a news conference tommorrow morning.

I saw on tV the divers searching the river.

Also saw a pic of that dirty %$## **& *&^^^^,

If I was a cop I would beat him senseless
I think she is dead.

Posted on Mon, Dec. 01, 2003

Police make arrest in connection with missing UND student

Associated Press

GRAND FORKS, N.D. - A Crookston, Minn., man has been arrested and is facing a kidnapping charge in the disappearance of Dru Sjodin, police said.

Alfonso Rodriguez Jr., 50, was arrested on Monday at 7:20 p.m. in Crookston, Grand Forks police said.

Rodriguez, a Level 3 sex offender, has a history of sexual contact and attempted kidnapping with adult females, a Minnesota Department of Corrections Web site said.

Rodriguez is being held at the Tri-County Correctional Center in Crookston, police said.

Dru Sjodin, of Pequot Lakes, Minn., has been missing since Nov. 22, when she left her job at the Columbia Mall in Grand Forks.

Police said a search for Sjodin is ongoing. Police said no further information will be released until a press briefing on Tuesday morning.

The Minnesota Department of Corrections said sexual contact by Rodriguez included penetration in two instances. He also used force and a weapon in assaults. In one instance, he knew the victim. In two others, he did not previously know the victims.

Rodriguez, who is 5-4 and 159 pounds, was no longer under supervision by law enforcement, the Web site said.

Minnesota law classifies Level 3 sex offenders as those at the highest risk for re-offense. Department of Correction officials hold meetings in neighborhoods where offenders plan to live. At those meetings, information about the offender is distributed to the general public, including area of residence, a photograph and a description of the pattern of behavior in the past.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2003 AP Wire and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.grandforks.com

I can't get onto the www.finddru.com website.
Is anyone else able to access the site?
It's never a good sign when a website gets
pulled down for a missing person. :(
I just hope it's down because they are getting
a lot of traffic or my computer is just acting up.

IdahoMom where did you hear they were
looking in the water? I haven't heard anything
about that yet. Thanks.

Oh this is all so sad.

Edited:
Sorry IdahoMom found a link at the bottom of
another post that showed
them searching the rivers. Thanks for the info.

Thanks Joyce, i figured he had to have a past of sexual offenses. sick SOB

I wonder how they found him...if they got a tip or if they traced it through the cell phone. What a pig! Why do people think their sick desires should rule everything. I'd like to kill this guy right about now. I wonder if he was the stalker.

Originally posted by Kira
I can't get onto the www.finddru.com website.
Is anyone else able to access the site?
It's never a good sign when a website gets
pulled down for a missing person. :(
I just hope it's down because they are getting
a lot of traffic or my computer is just acting up.

IdahoMom where did you hear they were
looking in the water? I haven't heard anything
about that yet. Thanks.

Oh this is all so sad.

I was able to access her website earlier but the message board wouldn't work, now i can't get the site either, not good.

Originally posted by kylie
I wonder how they found him...if they got a tip or if they traced it through the cell phone. What a pig! Why do people think their sick desires should rule everything. I'd like to kill this guy right about now. I wonder if he was the stalker.

i think Crookston is about 25 miles from grand forks, i bet he stalked her.

Local news just reported that Rodriguez is a level 3 sex offender who was released in May after serving 23 years in prison for sexual assault.

Law enforcement would not make any additional comments "out of respect for Dru's family," but there will be a news conference tomorrow at 11:00 a.m.

Breaks my heart..........

Yakwoman

This is just so sad. I really hope she is alive and maybe locked in his basement. When I hear stories like this it just upsets me so much to think there are these sick people walking around with us. In the report they said he would most likely strike again (I do not know the exact words, but something to that affect).

My heart is just breaking for her family. :(

As soon as they said his age i thought of this quote

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/7343693.htm

Nope, you're not wrong. There is a large Hispanic population here, especially in the Crookston area, and they do have a distinct accent.

Yakwoman

Originally posted by Yakwoman
Local news just reported that Rodriguez is a level 3 sex offender who was released in May after serving 23 years in prison for sexual assault.
Yakwoman

Poor Dru!! May God wrap His love around her...I fear she is most likely dead...may her soul be at rest.
:boohoo:
Misty

Unbelievable to me that this monster has been out of prison since May and is no longer supervised. I pray for a miracle in that Dru is found alive. However, I too have seen the clips on Fox that show the divers searching in the water. Doesn't look good. This is so heartbreaking.

They did make the statment on local news that they were searching under a bridge on the Red Lake River. The river is frozen now, but there was open water at the time of Dru's disappearance. I have a feeling that they think she is in the river. God, I hope not. But I don't think she's being held in this guy's basement. He lived with his mother since his release from prison in May. I'm sure the police have torn that house apart by now.

Police arrest Minnesota man in disappearance of North Dakota missing college student

The Associated Press
University of North Dakota student Dru Sjodin, shown in this undated family photo released Sunday, Nov. 23, 2003, is missing and the subject of a massive search. (AP Photo/Sjodin Family)
GRAND FORKS, N.D. — A Crookston, Minn. man has been arrested and is facing a kidnapping charge in the disappearance of Dru Sjodin, police said.

Alfonso Rodriguez Jr., 50, was arrested on Monday at 7:20 p.m. in Crookston, Minn., Grand Forks police said.

Rodriguez, a Level 3 sex offender, has a history of sexual contact and attempted kidnapping with adult females, a Minnesota Department of Corrections Web site said.

Rodriguez is being held at the Tri-County Correctional Center in Crookston, Minn., police said.

Dru Sjodin, of Pequot Lakes, Minn., has been missing since Nov. 22, when she left her job at the Columbia Mall in Grand Forks.

Police said a search for Sjodin is ongoing. Police said no further information will be released until a press briefing on Tuesday morning.

The Minnesota Department of Corrections said sexual contact by Rodriguez included penetration in two instances. He also used force and a weapon in assaults. In one instance, he knew the victim. In two others, he did not previously know the victims.

Rodriguez, who is 5-foot-4 and 159 pounds, was no longer under supervision by law enforcement, the Web site said.

Minnesota law classifies Level 3 sex offenders as those at the highest risk for re-offense. Department of Correction officials hold meetings in neighborhoods where offenders plan to live. At those meetings, information about the offender is distributed to the general public, including area of residence, a photograph and a description of the pattern of behavior in the past.

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I think you're right Yakwoman. If they thought she was alive they wouldn't be checking the water. Considering how evil this man is and how violent his crimes are it's sad to say she is probably dead. He wouldn't want her to be able to ID him and send him back to prison. I would love to be wrong though and have another Elizabeth Smart miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500