ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Kylastar
Unbelievable to me that this monster has been out of prison since May and is no longer supervised. I pray for a miracle in that Dru is found alive. However, I too have seen the clips on Fox that show the divers searching in the water. Doesn't look good. This is so heartbreaking.

I don't think he wasn't being supervised. Actually, there was a town meeting in Crookston to notify the public when he was released from prison and moved to the community. I remember that the meeting was broadcast on the local news. I bet this *advertiser censored**hole was the focus of the investigation from very early on.

And the dirty creep as just released last May.

I wonder if his mother knew what he did at the beginning.

He spent 23 years in prison...and what does he do but repeat his previous crimes, only this time it may be worse.

I am just sick about this...my daughter LeeAnne bears great resembelance<SP> to Dru. Can you even in your wildest imagination know what her loving family and friends are thinking?

Oh My, it is beyond horrible.

Originally posted by Kylastar
http://www.doc.state.mn.us/level3/OffenderDetail.asp?OID=108212

About 4 lines down from his picture is the line about supervising agent: No Longer Under Supervision

I couldn't believe it when I read it.

I can't believe it, either! I felt certain that someone like him would still be under supervision after being released just a few short months ago.

ARRGGGHHHH! The Yakwoman is furious!!! :furious:

There is so much evidence that sexual predators cannot be reformed. Why oh why do they keep letting them out?

That is just too much!!! For someone with such a violent history to not be watched. I hate to say it but what are the chances that this isn't the first time he's done this since he got out of prison. If he isn't being watched and he is SO EVIL ... GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! This man needs to be locked up permanently. I can think of a few other things they could do to him too but I'll take the high road here and not say them.

Originally posted by Yakwoman
I don't think he wasn't being supervised. Actually, there was a town meeting in Crookston to notify the public when he was released from prison and moved to the community. I remember that the meeting was broadcast on the local news. I bet this *advertiser censored**hole was the focus of the investigation from very early on.
I read that the Minn. State Board of corrections called the dirty SOB a predator.so...why wasn't he watched?

Originally posted by kylie
There is so much evidence that sexual predators cannot be reformed. Why oh why do they keep letting them out?
Why don't they nueter these animals!!

Would that be against their civil rights perhaps?

The Grand Forks Police Department refused to elaborate on the arrest.

"Out of respect for the Sjodin family and in the interest of the integrity of the investigation, no further information will be released at this time," a police statement said.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Central/...dent/index.html

I think this statement says a lot. They obviously know enough to arrest him for her kidnapping so the rest of what they know is somewhat obvious. Many times in these cases when they know the person is dead they give the family some private time to grieve before they make it public. This may be what the LE is trying to do for Dru's family. Of course this is just my opinion and I hope I'm wrong.

On Gretas program they showed a photo of the 50 yr. old man arrested for kidnapping Dru. The reporter said he has been arrested in the past for kidnapping adult women but has not harmed them. I hope this is case for Dru.

Originally posted by Yakwoman
Local news just reported that Rodriguez is a level 3 sex offender who was released in May after serving 23 years in prison for sexual assault.
Yakwoman

23 years later and the urge still there! I don't remember reading where he has killed anyone...did I miss that?
Misty

Well if there was any way she could let her family know if she was okay I am sure she would have done it. Poor girl, and her family. This case is scary. And sad.

Elle

That picture makes me sick! He has such an arrogant look on his face! And to think what he probably did to that poor girl!
Misty

They tend to progress in their crimes too after they've been in prison and have learned new things from other criminals.

I am just sick over this. Why do women have to live with this constant fear? I pray she is ok... Her poor family...

Originally posted by Kira
The Grand Forks Police Department refused to elaborate on the arrest.

"Out of respect for the Sjodin family and in the interest of the integrity of the investigation, no further information will be released at this time," a police statement said.

I think this statement says a lot.

Kira,
I think you're right. This reminds me a little of the sick SOB arrested for the murder of Samantha Runnion...seems like it didn't take too long to find him and shortly afterwards, her body was found. They had the goods on Avila right away. I get that same feeling here.
Misty

We need to stop letting rapists out of prison, period.; They almost always reoffend. I don't get it? I hope the parole board is sued over this!

The rat *advertiser censored*! He should have been watched like a hawk. Keep sending Prayers and well wishes to Dru and her family. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500