NE NE - Jessica O'Grady, 19, Omaha, 10 May 2006

english leigh said:
Why not an obstruction of justice charge against these uncooperative people?
I don't get that!!

Prayers for Jessica's family. So sad.

Believe it or not it is rare that an "obstruction of justice" charge is ever used. The law is there....the Pros just has to enforce it.

This is one time that the law should be used though. The aunt, stepmother and cousin cleaned up a bloody crime scene. They had to have known that something horrible happened. Makes me wonder if they were there when it happened. How they can live with themselves is beyond me. Ya, I'll bet the boyfriend hadn't been there since that night. He lives there for pity sake.
There is something seriously wrong with people who try to cover up a crime and protect a killer. Look what the adults are teaching the cousin. I just don't understand people like that.

After my daughter's murder my attorney...for the custody case of my granddaughter...met with the killer's parents and younger brother who was about 13-14 yrs at the time. They were talking about what happened to my daughter and the boy looked up and said "what's the big deal...I don't see what the big deal is." Just blew my mind when I heard that but I wasn't really surprised knowing what his parents are like. But that is the value this kid was taught to place on a human life. Just a good thing that I wasn't sitting there.
I would have been jailed for child abuse :eek:

Bobbisangel said:
Believe it or not it is rare that an "obstruction of justice" charge is ever used. The law is there....the Pros just has to enforce it.

This is one time that the law should be used though. The aunt, stepmother and cousin cleaned up a bloody crime scene. They had to have known that something horrible happened. Makes me wonder if they were there when it happened. How they can live with themselves is beyond me. Ya, I'll bet the boyfriend hadn't been there since that night. He lives there for pity sake.
There is something seriously wrong with people who try to cover up a crime and protect a killer. Look what the adults are teaching the cousin. I just don't understand people like that.

After my daughter's murder my attorney...for the custody case of my granddaughter...met with the killer's parents and younger brother who was about 13-14 yrs at the time. They were talking about what happened to my daughter and the boy looked up and said "what's the big deal...I don't see what the big deal is." Just blew my mind when I heard that but I wasn't really surprised knowing what his parents are like. But that is the value this kid was taught to place on a human life. Just a good thing that I wasn't sitting there.
I would have been jailed for child abuse :eek:

Bobbisangel, I'm so TERRIBLY sorry about your daughter. God bless you. :blowkiss: I would have been angry, too, to hear of that kid saying such a thing. That family obviously had never taught their kids about the sanctity of human life and about right and wrong and just normal, basic things every person needs to grow up and be a normal, moral upstanding person in society.
And that is what has happened here in Jessica's case.

I look for articles on this everyday, and if I find one, I try to do a search for the thread to add the article. I never find this girl's case using the search feature here at WS. I wonder how many people might have searched for her here and figured that there is nothing since she's not showing up somehow through searches. :confused:

In any case, I have another thread in the discussion forum about Jessica. Here's the link if you're interested.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - Missing 19 year-old Jessica O'Grady - m

Oh, and Bobbisangel, I had no idea about the blood evidence. That's the first I've heard that.

The Gateway - Missing sophomore prompts questions of university safety, involvement

With UNO sophomore Jessica O’Grady missing for 16 days, questions about students’ safety and the university’s involvement have begun to arise...

While many businesses in the community have assisted the search efforts in numerous ways, UNO has remained quiet in terms of support or offering assistance...

Sophomore Brandon Bone, who lives in University Village, has not seen any of the flyers near the north campus dorms.

"Lets see, we’ve got American Idol posters and [University Village] Internet posters, and that’s about it," Bone said. "I haven't seen a single poster on campus..."

The Gateway - Sheriffs have suspect in disappearance

... Sheriff’s office did not release the name of the suspect in the disappearance of sophomore Jessica O’Grady. The announcement came just days after a second search of the home O’Grady’s boyfriend Chris Edwards shares with his aunt. Investigators knocked down the house’s front door when calls to let officers in where not immediately returned.

The department has gone on record calling Edwards “a person of interest,” but declined to identify him as a suspect in the case...

WOWT | Family Clings To Hope

... Investigators have not called him a suspect but that home at 130th and Cady has been a major focus of the investigation.

Meanwhile, attorney James Martin Davis says he is no longer representing Chris Edwards. He says they had a difference of opinion.

Jersey girl - go to post #6 on this thread - There is an article there with ALOT of info in it. I live in the area, and the sheriff keeps stating that if the boyfriend would talk to them they would know where she is at. I don't understand why they don't hold him for questioning?? Also -sheriff has said he WILL be charged this week, possibly with 1st degree murder, otherwise with a lesser count of murder to be upgraded later.

JerseyGirl said:
I look for articles on this everyday, and if I find one, I try to do a search for the thread to add the article. I never find this girl's case using the search feature here at WS. I wonder how many people might have searched for her here and figured that there is nothing since she's not showing up somehow through searches. :confused:

In any case, I have another thread in the discussion forum about Jessica. Here's the link if you're interested.

Oh, and Bobbisangel, I had no idea about the blood evidence. That's the first I've heard that.

On one of the shows it was said that he tried to cut up the mattress and it was nothing but blood. They said the box springs were just as bad. Makes a person wonder what in the world he did to her. It was said in an article on here that the relatives had broken up furniture. Why would they need to break up furniture unless it had blood on it OR it got broken in a fight that night. The guy must have just gone crazy or Jessica but up one heck of a fight. I want to know where those relatives were when all of that was happening. Odds are all three of them weren't gone.

englishleigh said:
Bobbisangel, I'm so TERRIBLY sorry about your daughter. God bless you. :blowkiss: I would have been angry, too, to hear of that kid saying such a thing. That family obviously had never taught their kids about the sanctity of human life and about right and wrong and just normal, basic things every person needs to grow up and be a normal, moral upstanding person in society.
And that is what has happened here in Jessica's case.

This wealthy family taught their kids that Control, Power, and Money are all that matter in this world.

JerseyGirl said:

Some search engines seem to have difficulty with surnames containing apostrophes.

I frequently use the Advanced-Search at google, and specify site:websleuths.com and that can sometimes be helpful.

wondering22 said:
Some search engines seem to have difficulty with surnames containing apostrophes.

I frequently use the Advanced-Search at google, and specify site:websleuths.com and that can sometimes be helpful.
Thanks a million ... I didn't realize this.

The Gateway - Deputies maintain constant surveillance in sophomore’s disappearance

With several pieces of evidence processed, the Douglas County Sheriff’s office is now maintaining a 24-hour surveillance on a missing UNO student’s boyfriend...

“Hopefully seeing somebody outside watching him all of the time will motivate him to come forward and give the O’Grady family some peace,” Dunning said...

When asked if he believes that O’Grady will be found alive, Dunning said, “I really don’t think so...”

JerseyGirl said:
Thanks a million ... I didn't realize this.

Here's the search result at GOOGLE: http://tinyurl.com/rwu7e

When I'm really interested in something, I do a second search at http://www.LYCOS.com -- because I've had real good luck getting some different new results from the Lycos search engine than what Google retrieves.

Jessica has apparently been mentioned in MANY threads here at WS, because there are so many threads about missing individuals in Omaha, and they all seem to be mentioned in most of the threads.

JerseyGirl said:
The Gateway - Deputies maintain constant surveillance in sophomore’s disappearance

With several pieces of evidence processed, the Douglas County Sheriff’s office is now maintaining a 24-hour surveillance on a missing UNO student’s boyfriend...

“Hopefully seeing somebody outside watching him all of the time will motivate him to come forward and give the O’Grady family some peace,” Dunning said...

When asked if he believes that O’Grady will be found alive, Dunning said, “I really don’t think so...”

This is good news. Being a young guy I just wonder how long his nerves will hold out knowing that he is being watched everywhere he goes. He'll make a mistake or decide to talk....I hope anyway.

I would just love to know what the difference in opinions were between Chris Edwards and his attorney. Sounds interesting. Now the little punk will have to find another attorney. Wonder who is paying for that?

I'm glad that LE isn't jumping the gun in arresting this little creep. An article in another thread for Jennifer said that LE is watching this guy every minute now. His anxiety level should be to the sky soon. Can you imagine walking out of your house in the morning and there sets LE. Everywhere you go...there they are. Talk about nerve wracking. No one will want to hang out with him!

I hope that her body is found but if not hopfully there will be enough evidence to charge him with 1st degree murder. He deserves no less and she certainly deserves justice.

I agree, Bobbisangel. And how wonderful it is to see this police department putting the pressure on this guy to get to the bottom of this poor girl's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back