NE NE - Jessica O'Grady, 19, Omaha, 10 May 2006

Bobbisangel said:
I would just love to know what the difference in opinions were between Chris Edwards and his attorney. Sounds interesting.
I was wondering the same thing myself. I can't help but think that perhaps the attorney sees what Chris Edwards truly is and cannot allow himself to represent him.

I hope they find Jessica soon. I can't imagine what her poor family is going through.

KETV.com - News Archive - Sheriff's Office Identifies Top Suspect In O'Grady Case

The Douglas County sheriff said on Friday that he is getting very close to making an arrest in the homicide investigation of Jessica O'Grady...

Douglas County Chief Deputy Sheriff Marty Bilek said O'Grady's boyfriend is the one suspect in her disappearance...

Edwards' attorney, Steve Lefler, said he wants to know what they're waiting for.

"If you were told you were going to be arrested for murder, and three and a half weeks went by, you'd say either arrest me or don't arrest me," Lefler said...

Of most interest is the evidence collected at the residence where Edwards lived.

"I will tell you we gathered a lot of evidence inside the house, finding it to be very useful evidence," Bilek said...

KETV.com - News Archive - Sheriff's Office Identifies Top Suspect In O'Grady Case

The Douglas County sheriff said on Friday that he is getting very close to making an arrest in the homicide investigation of Jessica O'Grady...

Douglas County Chief Deputy Sheriff Marty Bilek said O'Grady's boyfriend is the one suspect in her disappearance...

Edwards' attorney, Steve Lefler, said he wants to know what they're waiting for.

"If you were told you were going to be arrested for murder, and three and a half weeks went by, you'd say either arrest me or don't arrest me," Lefler said...

Of most interest is the evidence collected at the residence where Edwards lived.

"I will tell you we gathered a lot of evidence inside the house, finding it to be very useful evidence," Bilek said...

WOWT | Investigation Criticized

An attorney (Steve Lefler) representing a friend of missing college student Jessica O'Grady says he wants the sheriff to either arrest his client or stop making comments linking him to her disappearance...

As for evidence seized from the home, Lefler says there is an answer but it's not one he'll provide right now.

"Once you hear it, you'll say it all makes sense to me. I have to wait. I don't want to say what people did in response to a very human situation.''

He did not elaborate on what that meant...

An attorney (Steve Lefler) representing a friend of missing college student Jessica O'Grady says he wants the sheriff to either arrest his client or stop making comments linking him to her disappearance...

As for evidence seized from the home, Lefler says there is an answer but it's not one he'll provide right now.

"Once you hear it, you'll say it all makes sense to me. I have to wait. I don't want to say what people did in response to a very human situation.''

My, My, My, sounds like the boy is getting a little nervous...."arrest him or leave him alone!" Since when does the criminal get to make the calls anyway??!! Not in this case he doesn't. I hope he becomes so agitated, scared, nervous, that he calls LE and says "come and get me I'm ready to tell you everything."

Gee, I wonder if all of that blood that LE found on the mattress and box springs was from Jessica starting her period.....or maybe she cut herself shaving her legs....according to the boyfriend. The attorney seems to think that the explanation will be very logical once LE hears it. Sounded like way to much blood to me for something that simple. Leave it to a defense attorney to come up with some stupid story that doesn't make sense.

Whose body did LE find that wasn't Jessica's? Who else is still missing from that area? I know there have been a few young ladies missing.

JerseyGirl said:

You go Mr. Defense attorney....spin and weave while you have the chance cause your boy is going DOWN....No doubt about it.

Bobbisangel said:
My, My, My, sounds like the boy is getting a little nervous...."arrest him or leave him alone!" Since when does the criminal get to make the calls anyway??!! Not in this case he doesn't. I hope he becomes so agitated, scared, nervous, that he calls LE and says "come and get me I'm ready to tell you everything."

Gee, I wonder if all of that blood that LE found on the mattress and box springs was from Jessica starting her period.....or maybe she cut herself shaving her legs....according to the boyfriend. The attorney seems to think that the explanation will be very logical once LE hears it. Sounded like way to much blood to me for something that simple. Leave it to a defense attorney to come up with some stupid story that doesn't make sense.

Whose body did LE find that wasn't Jessica's? Who else is still missing from that area? I know there have been a few young ladies missing.
I agree, it only takes a defense attorney to come up with some story like that, I believe that a forensic test can actually determine rather it is menstral cycle blood. menstral cycle blood normally contains high levels of estrogen where normal blood shed would not. and I don't know what all woman do, but I have never seen my wife or sisters ever shave there legs setting in bed, most of the time setting on the edge of the tub with legs over in it. sounds to me like the boyfriend is trying to come up for air.:loser:

Bobbisangel said:
You go Mr. Defense attorney....spin and weave while you have the chance cause your boy is going DOWN....No doubt about it.
I'm SO curious as to what he means by "response to a very human situation". The word that's jumping out at me is "response". I hope that he's not going to try a self-defense story. In most cases, a guy can defend himself against a woman without causing harm to the woman. I shudder to think of what ridiculous nonsense we're going to hear once this loser is arrested. The victim's memory should not be tarnished by a murderer simply trying to save himself. That always infuriates me.

Spin, spin, spin. For many years I have tried to understand how criminal defense attorneys can sleep at night, at least those who resort to outrageous tactics. Still can't understand it.

Well you know if I ever got blood on my bed from menstruation or shaving, the first thing I'd do is hack it to pieces. Not to mention if I was bleeding that much from either scenario, I wouldn't call 911 or anything. Okay, so I'm being sarcastic, but if this guy really thinks the police are dumb enough to believe it was something simple...Don't worry. He'll get his.

I can't wait to hear the story that the defense attorney comes up with. There just isn't any logical reason a bed would have so much blood on it that a person would get rid of the mattress. I'd also love to know why the first defense attorney quit. This boyfriend and his family sound like real azzes.

He'll get his is right. Sounds like LE have enough evidence for two trials. I think that they are just taking their time....following him around from here to there...hoping that he will either break or lead them to Jessica's body. It's always easier to try a person when there is a body. I hope the punk realizes that his days are numbered and that he is sweating bullets and having nightmares every night. He's to young to take a whole lot of pressure and LE are laying it on.

The Gateway - No arrests in missing student case

... Douglas County Sheriff Tim Dunning declined to identify what tests were being run on the evidence collected so far, simply saying that when they were completed his office plans to make an arrest.

“We have a suspect, but haven’t called him out by name yet,” Dunning said. “There are some tests that are being run and when those are done we’ll make an arrest.”

Dunning declined to say when the tests would be done. “When you’re dealing with cross-contamination issues, only one type of test can be run at a time...”

Edwards is currently under 24-hour surveillance, according to the Sheriff’s Department.

Anyone with information related to the case should contact the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department at (402) 333-1000.

The Gateway - No arrests in missing student case

... Douglas County Sheriff Tim Dunning declined to identify what tests were being run on the evidence collected so far, simply saying that when they were completed his office plans to make an arrest.

“We have a suspect, but haven’t called him out by name yet,” Dunning said. “There are some tests that are being run and when those are done we’ll make an arrest.”

Dunning declined to say when the tests would be done. “When you’re dealing with cross-contamination issues, only one type of test can be run at a time...”

Edwards is currently under 24-hour surveillance, according to the Sheriff’s Department.

Anyone with information related to the case should contact the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department at (402) 333-1000.

She had supposedly just found out that she was pregnant. Could a miscarriage possibly be what the lawyer is talking about?? I have never had the misfortune of a miscarriage, but would you bleed that much?

No matter what he says, it would seem absolutely ridiculous that the boyfriend would cut up a mattress because of any "human situation"....

http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/How_much_blood_loss_should_there_be_after_a_miscarriage

"An average amount like your period. Anything more should be discussed with your dr. A good rule of thumb is soaking a maxi pad an hour for more than three hours is a sign of too much blood loss. If it were me, after 2 soaked pads I'd be getting checked out. Please remember not to use tampons for this blood flow. Your body needs to expel matter to prevent infection."

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2186078

Missing woman's boyfriend to turn himself in

The boyfriend of Jessica O'Grady, a 19-year-old Omaha woman who has been missing since May 10, was scheduled to turn himself in today in connection with her disappearance.
The Douglas County Attorney's Office said Christopher Edwards, who also is 19, was to turn himself in by 1:45 p.m. Leigh Ann Retelsdorf, the chief of the office's criminal division, said he was doing so at the request of authorities.

Chief Deputy Marty Bilek of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said Edwards will be arrested on suspicion of criminal homicide and use of a weapon to commit a felony.

Bilek said O'Grady's body has not been recovered.
Edwards has been the focus of the investigation into Jessica O'Grady's disappearance since shortly after she was reported missing. Douglas County Sheriff Tim Dunning said last month that investigators had a strong enough case to arrest Edwards in the case, but until all the evidence was analyzed, investigators would hold off, opting instead to keep Edwards under 24-hour surveillance.

Kelly said:
He just turned himself in. They said a news conference will be held soon.
Well thank goodness. At least he didn't cause them to go on a wild goose chase hunting him down.

I believe justice will be served in this case. It's just very sad that is has to occur at the expense of another precious human life. Prayers for Jessica's family. May she rest in peace. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back