GUILTY NE - Kelsey Miller, 28, Lincoln, 27 November 2014

Apologies if those have been posted, just thought I'd throw them out there since I have the apps on my phone and are easily accessible....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but the way I've interpreted it is that it was rented after she went missing, I could be totally wrong but that's the way I've understood it.

I don't understand why its only 2nd degree murder. I don't think that carries a sentence of life without parole.

I think they will eventually upgrade it to first degree. They just need to have all the information first. I'm from Omaha, but have family in Lincoln who knew her. They were so hoping for a different outcome. :-(

One of the saddest and most tragic and infuriating cases I've seen in a while.

Those lovely children of hers that she obviously loved so much will now grow up without a mother...she was trying to get help...:(

That fb post is sickening.

:stormingmad:

THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!

I hope her children have some loving grandparents or other family that will help raise them. :(

Horrible case, just horrible.

Probable Cause Outlines Details Leading to Kelsey Miller's Death
http://www.1011now.com/home/headlin...ce-Find-Body-In-Storage-Locker-285086641.html

From the above link:

"Officers say the storage unit is connected to her husband, Kevin Miller. A probable cause says a friend told police Kevin Miller approached his friend asking that they rent a storage unit for him in their name. Miller’s friend became suspicious and went to the unit. That’s where the friend found the body which had tattoos known to Kelsey Miller."

Probable Cause Outlines Details Leading to Kelsey Miller's Death
http://www.1011now.com/home/headlin...ce-Find-Body-In-Storage-Locker-285086641.html

"The probable cause says Kelsey Miller was reported missing to police by Voices of Hope on December 1. Voices of Hope told police Kelsey had came to them for emergency shelter with bruises on her neck that she said came from her husband."

So, Voice of Hope reported her missing.

According to court documents obtained by 10/11, Kelsey Miller sought help from an advocate for domestic violence the day before she disappeared. The documents show she had visible bruises on her neck and sought services for ongoing abuse.

Police were contacted and learned the strangulation happened between Nov. 22 and 23. According to the court documents, Kelsey Miller disappeared shortly after seeking help.
http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/LPD-Looking-for-Missing-Woman-284686011.html

"Court records show she and her husband were in an altercation with a maintenance worker last July. Miller then filed a protection order against that maintenance worker on behalf of her husband, but it was denied on Aug. 25, according to court records."

http://journalstar.com/news/local/p...5e80-be08-b5a701b3a859.html?comment_form=true

The Millers had been married for five years and lived in a mobile home at 212 Countryside Lane. Peschong said investigators think she died there but declined to say why. He said they don't know when she died...

Kevin Miller, who goes by Mike, asked a friend to rent a storage unit for him in the friend’s name, Sgt. Luke Wilke said in an affidavit. Peschong said there is a “very good possibility” Mike Miller got the unit to hide his wife’s body.

The friend got suspicious, checked the storage unit Sunday afternoon and found a body that had tattoos matching Kelsey Miller’s, Wilke said.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...cle_6ecfe23a-8237-5038-9c38-53b4d239b5b2.html

An autopsy revealed she died from blunt force trauma or a gunshot wound to the head, Chief Jim Peschong said. Her body was found in a storage shed in northeast Lincoln on Sunday afternoon -- 11 days after she disappeared...

Lancaster County Court Judge Laurie Yardley gave him a full-cash bond of $1 million...

After Yardley ordered him not to contact his three children should he post bond, he asked if that just meant face-to-face. The judge told him that means no contact whatsoever -- via phone, letter or the Internet.

Just wanted to let everyone know, there's been an OUTPOURING of support for her kids and family. On the news they said there's a local business that has teamed up with a radio station to collect Christmas presents for the kids and I've seen a "website that shall remain unnamed" account that had over $3000 the last time I saw it.

Lincoln really is a pretty large city, but it feels like a small community when a tragedy happens. There are SO many people who rally the troops to help wherever is possible!

One of his charges is "child abuse not causing any harm". Um, what? Isn't "harm" basically what abuse is?

I think it's considered child abuse if the child witnesses domestic violence between mom and dad, but I could be wrong.

One of his charges is "child abuse not causing any harm". Um, what? Isn't "harm" basically what abuse is?

I googled child abuse not causing any harm in quotes to find what it means and the only thing I found was the articles. So, I am guessing they got the charge wrong. In the other articles it is listed as felony child abuse.

"Prosecutors charged her husband, 33-year-old Kevin Michael Miller, with six felonies Tuesday afternoon, including first-degree murder, which carries a minimum life sentence or the death penalty. They also charged him with using a firearm to kill his wife, felony child abuse, having a gun as a prohibited person, having meth and hiding his wife’s body."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back