Neighbor and eyewitness Jim Kelley

There is very little credence to this sighting. As has been endlessly discussed, thousands of white trucks exist in the area. This person claims that he lives there, but is an unverified resident of a neighborhood near the school. I am sure there were many white trucks in that area on that day and on every single day since then. Why aren't any of those considered suspicious? At the time of the sighting at 2 am, LE was with the family at their home. Since that rules out the chance that they were out driving the truck then, and it is assumed to be the same truck in both sightings, then it follows the rules of logic that it was NOT their truck at either time.

jmo

In all honesty..we know the Police are there now 24/7 but how do you know they was at the start? And in addition..TH wasnt in any way being looked at as far as we know at that time so its possible she said she needed some fresh air or some time on her own. We simply have no way of knowing.

But in any case for the Police to check the area...they at least must have given some credence to the sighting. Personally I find the sightings very very odd.

JMO

Ruby Red,

Thank you for posting the information on Jim Kelley. It appears that the area near where he saw the white truck has been searched good. Do you know if there are any other statements from this eyewitness? What I am asking if he has made additional statements to the press besides the white truck incident?

I live on a cul de sac, only 8 houses here. I used to know every car that came down our street that "didn't belong". I can understand a truck standing out to this man.

abbie

In all honesty..we know the Police are there now 24/7 but how do you know they was at the start? And in addition..TH wasnt in any way being looked at as far as we know at that time so its possible she said she needed some fresh air or some time on her own. We simply have no way of knowing.

But in any case for the Police to check the area...they at least must have given some credence to the sighting. Personally I find the sightings very very odd.

JMO

BBM
Question #1:
Because LE spokesman said they were. Since the family and especially the last person known with the child is always the first to be looked at....there is no way that if she said she needed to go for a drive at 2 am right after her child disappeared, that LE would not at least FOLLOW her. That would be completely incompetent, and there is no sign at all that LE has been incompetent in this case.

Question #2:
The area was checked because it was within the two mile perimeter of the school set up by the SAR experts. It would have been checked if there were no report at all about a white truck driving on the road.

Are there any local companies that use a white pickup with very small markings (or only on a certain side - back or something) that this eyewitness may have missed?

Perhaps all business owners of service provider businesses could ask themselves if any of their workers has a white truck and if they were in the area.

I've seen plenty of unmarked vehicles from smaller/rural businesses...they aren't like large companies with fleets.

ETA: Just thinking of all possibilities.

Are there any local companies that use a white pickup with very small markings (or only on a certain side - back or something) that this eyewitness may have missed?

Perhaps all business owners of service provider businesses could ask themselves if any of their workers has a white truck and if they were in the area.

I've seen plenty of unmarked vehicles from smaller/rural businesses...they aren't like large companies with fleets.

ETA: Just thinking of all possibilities.

Yes, a local posted a picture of numerous such trucks parked at a street construction area. They stated that local electric services and gas services also use white trucks.

Yes, a local posted a picture of numerous such trucks parked at a street construction area. They stated that local electric services and gas services also use white trucks.

That's huge to me! Sorry I missed it! Thanks.

Can we tell from the maps if this area would be between the school and home? Could there be a short cut through this area he may have taken?
Reality Orlando, Mr. Kelley stated that he lives on a dead-end road. This is from memory so I'm not sure which article.

I believe I've found the location of Mr. Kelley's home on google maps...I won't be posting it but I'm wondering exactly what the view was for the person in the truck. Could they see the school from this location since the school would be above where Mr. Kelley lives, could they see the buses exiting the school at 3:00pm and see that there was no police activity at that time at the school. Could they see the area where Kyron's body is located and is that why they went back to that location at 2:00am on Saturday morning to make sure Kyron was still where they left him?

I believe I've found the location of Mr. Kelley's home on google maps...I won't be posting it but I'm wondering exactly what the view was for the person in the truck. Could they see the school from this location since the school would be above where Mr. Kelley lives, could they see the buses exiting the school at 3:00pm and see that there was no police activity at that time at the school. Could they see the area where Kyron's body is located and is that why they went back to that location at 2:00am on Saturday morning to make sure Kyron was still where they left him?

bbm

That would be very risky as he was already being looked for by LE. I also think LE knows exactly where the Step Mom and Dad were at that time.

momtective - Go to the thread "Maps related to the Kyron Horman case", then go to "Kyron Horman case map".

Jim Kelley is listed on the map. I did a Google Street View and noticed that his street is no ordinary dead end street. In my opinion, it's more a two-track (it's not a paved road) and one will not get there by simply making a wrong turn down a city street. The road is several turns off of Cornelius Path and it's very isolated. To me it makes it all that more intriguing why a vehicle would be down there not once, but twice on the same day a little boy disappeared.

You cannot see the school from Kelley's street. The street is closer to Kyron's home than the school.

I believe I've found the location of Mr. Kelley's home on google maps...I won't be posting it but I'm wondering exactly what the view was for the person in the truck.
Could they see the school from this location since the school would be above where Mr. Kelley lives, could they see the buses exiting the school at 3:00pm and see that there was no police activity at that time at the school.

Could they see the area where Kyron's body is located and is that why they went back to that location at 2:00am on Saturday morning to make sure Kyron was still where they left him?...

momtective, Is it possible the white truck was there at 2:00 am on Saturday morning to MOVE the body to a different location?

While almost anything is possible, it seems far fetched that someone close to Kyron would move his body after dumping him. I know it happens every once in awhile in cases, but I bet it's a rare thing. If Kyron were in that area, cadaver dogs would have detected his presence.

momtective - Go to the thread "Maps related to the Kyron Horman case", then go to "Kyron Horman case map".

Jim Kelley is listed on the map. I did a Google Street View and noticed that his street is no ordinary dead end street. In my opinion, it's more a two-track (it's not a paved road) and one will not get there by simply making a wrong turn down a city street. The road is several turns off of Cornelius Path and it's very isolated. To me it makes it all that more intriguing why a vehicle would be down there not once, but twice on the same day a little boy disappeared.

You cannot see the school from Kelley's street. The street is closer to Kyron's home than the school.

Fantastic...I came in off of Folkenberg Ave on the map and walked it all the way to where 6th Ave dead ends. This map is where it dead ends, if you want to walk it out just move the cursor over the image until a circle appears and click on the circle...sometimes the circle is in the tree line. I agree this is definitely not a road well traveled except by those who live back there. I just can't imagine what a white truck would have been doing out there at 3:00 in the afternoon and again at 2:00AM...http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...id=0pqIhyp2oLywWb8y2aLcdg&cbp=11,299.4,,0,5.1

momtective, Is it possible the white truck was there at 2:00 am on Saturday morning to MOVE the body to a different location?

The thought has crossed my mind but then I think...whoever would have done such a thing would most definitely be certifiable.:furious:

Fantastic...I came in off of Folkenberg Ave on the map and walked it all the way to where 6th Ave dead ends. This map is where it dead ends, if you want to walk it out just move the cursor over the image until a circle appears and click on the circle...sometimes the circle is in the tree line. I agree this is definitely not a road well traveled except by those who live back there. I just can't imagine what a white truck would have been doing out there at 3:00 in the afternoon and again at 2:00AM...http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...id=0pqIhyp2oLywWb8y2aLcdg&cbp=11,299.4,,0,5.1

WOW...I am surprised that google maps had a street view of this road!!

I wonder though how accurate they are on the times? Now the 2AM sighting I think would be more accurate as at that time of night someone may look at a clock to see how late it was but the afternoon one could be off more as he may have been just estimating the time. Just like this afternoon as I finished mowing I thought it was about 5:30 but when I came in and looked at the clock it was really 6:45...just a thought.

There is very little credence to this sighting. As has been endlessly discussed, thousands of white trucks exist in the area. This person claims that he lives there, but is an unverified resident of a neighborhood near the school. I am sure there were many white trucks in that area on that day and on every single day since then. Why aren't any of those considered suspicious? At the time of the sighting at 2 am, LE was with the family at their home. Since that rules out the chance that they were out driving the truck then, and it is assumed to be the same truck in both sightings, then it follows the rules of logic that it was NOT their truck at either time.

jmo

Yes, but all that aside.. I agree with James Kelley... it's beyond strange for an unknown vehicle to be down his road once in a day, let alone twice in the day that a boy disappeared from the area and one of those times at 2am.

Who was it and what were they doing?

Yeah it's odd.

BUT! Did Mr. Kelley notice any stickers on the back window? If the truck idled on the road and Mr. Kelley was able to see a woman driver, did he observe the truck as it pulled away to see if there were any markings on it? That's what I want to know!

I figured that's what everybody thought. (If that truck siting had anything to do with Kyron. )

If JK saw a woman driving the truck, I'm guessin' that would have been during the day 3:00. Doubt he could have seen who was behind the wheel out there at 2:00am.

So that makes me wonder, IF it was TH, perhaps she wasn't alone at the 2:00 a.m. siting? What was her alibi at 2:00 a.m.?

I know I couldn't slip out of bed AND head out the door, start our truck while my husband was sleeping without him waking up. I wonder, is the Ford F250 they own a diesel? Even noisier. And surely, if he didn't awaken on leaving, wouldn't he awaken on her return? Most people with precious little ones, like that baby girl, don't sleep real sound. Hmmmm.

Yeah it's odd.

BUT! Did Mr. Kelley notice any stickers on the back window? If the truck idled on the road and Mr. Kelley was able to see a woman driver, did he observe the truck as it pulled away to see if there were any markings on it? That's what I want to know!

I'm thinking that in this kind of situation - where it is very unusual to see traffic of any sort, and it's the area in which one lives - that the person(s) who observed the truck took fairly careful note of details.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back