New Sketch of Maddie Abductor

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the DNA has been found and is 100% cocha then no amount of spin , released pictures media blitz's will make a slight bit of difference

Are we really saying that everyone in " team mccaan " sit around all day trying to come up with ways to cloud the enquiry - to distract us all ? Clarence et all have all been duped by the devious Mccaans !!

Or maybe Clarence is in on it as well - he is part of the conspiracy . Did they brief him from day 1 - listen Clarence we did actualy kill hide Maddy - but we reckon that if we pay you enough dosh and you spin enough media then eventually everyone will get awfully confused and we can retire rich and scott free

The PJ are desperate to get the Mccaans in court and behind bars and couldnt care two hoots what their latest PR machine says does or what the Daily Mail has on its front pages . As far as I know - noone has got off a murder charge by putting out PR releases .

If the PJ have got a case then it will come out in the end - they either have the evidence or they dont -

I just dont go with this image of the mccaans duping the combined law enforcement and crime experts of Portugal and the UK with a slick PR campaign

Well, the MCCanns certianly do have a lot of supporters, that I'll grant you. So did George W. Bush, in the beginning. Although few of his political backers have stepped down, millions of Americans/Foreign Allies have snubbed him.

My point is, the McCanns have fortunately found enough, "political supporters" that will stay with them for the long haul. They stay for a reason..the the reason being is they don't/can't/won't step down now, for fear of looking foolish.

I think the fund money says a lot about how people feel now. They are literally begging for more money. The giving has stopped...WHY?

InterestedWoman said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...id=1770&ct= 5

Robert Murat was spotted chatting to a man who resembled the 'oddball' in the new sketch released by the McCanns and who is suspected of abducting Madeleine, it has been claimed today.
Charlotte Pennington, a nanny at the Ocean Club holiday complex where the McCanns were staying, told police last May she saw Murat chatting to "a man aged around 27 to 35, average height, very dark eyes and of Portuguese or Spanish appearance

Gail Cooper says:

"I thought he was a conman trying to pull a fast one. He was very creepy. He wasn't Portuguese - I think he was either Tunisian or Moroccan.
:eek: How fascinating that they can tell the nationality of someone by their skin color. I wonder how the Portuguese will feel about reading that this guy was "creepy" because he looked like them?

And aren't these the same people who didn't realize that some Moroccan children are as blonde as Madeleine? :rolleyes:

Well, the MCCanns certianly do have a lot of supporters, that I'll grant you. So did George W. Bush, in the beginning. Although few of his political backers have stepped down, millions of Americans/Foreign Allies have snubbed him.

My point is, the McCanns have fortunately found enough, "political supporters" that will stay with them for the long haul. They stay for a reason..the the reason being is they don't/can't/won't step down now, for fear of looking foolish.

I think the fund money says a lot about how people feel now. They are literally begging for more money. The giving has stopped...WHY?

if the mccaans get found guilty then all those who " stayed " as you call it will look a trifle more than foolish - they will all be linked to a pair of child killers - not something that a politician would want to be associated with.

People have stoped giving for many reasons - giving fatigue , boredom , they have changed their minds ? I dont know -.........all public funds or fundrasing have a shelf life however noble the cause .

If this guy, who was in PDL two weeks before Madeleine, did indeed speak to Murat would that be surprising or significant? Maybe he was asking him for money towards the charity or whatever. So what? One baseless innuendo against this unknown man coupled with another against Murat 0 + 0 = 0 surely.

As to Clarence I am absolutely certain that whatever else he is he is not stupid or gullible. He must know the score and have formed his own private opinion about the evidence. What this is I don't know. But I would say he is being paid to do a job and that's it. I would ask, apropos of nothing, if OJ Simpson's and Michael Jacksons lawyers were able to increase their fees following the court cases? I expect so. Its a powerful motivation for a professional isn't it.

If this guy, who was in PDL two weeks before Madeleine, did indeed speak to Murat would that be surprising or significant? Maybe he was asking him for money towards the charity or whatever. So what? One baseless innuendo against this unknown man coupled with another against Murat 0 + 0 = 0 surely.

As to Clarence I am absolutely certain that whatever else he is he is not stupid or gullible. He must know the score and have formed his own private opinion about the evidence. What this is I don't know. But I would say he is being paid to do a job and that's it. I would ask, apropos of nothing, if OJ Simpson's and Michael Jacksons lawyers were able to increase their fees following the court cases? I expect so. Its a powerful motivation for a professional isn't it.

sure just because the guy looked iffy - doesnt mean diddly . But call me naive I would have thought just maybe the PJ would have wanted to at least trace him - even if it was just to clear him from their enquiries .

He was a stranger in town - not a tourist even if there was a 1% chace he had something to do with it you dont just ignore it

Clarence is slightly differnt than a lawyer - he is a spokesman whose PR carreer would probably be over if it were found that the Mccaans were guilty - bit of a high risk strategy if there was a doubt in his mind about them

:eek: How fascinating that they can tell the nationality of someone by their skin color. I wonder how the Portuguese will feel about reading that this guy was "creepy" because he looked like them?

And aren't these the same people who didn't realize that some Moroccan children are as blonde as Madeleine? :rolleyes:

Exactly...LOL

Also in the article it says this:

At a press conference in London, Clarence Mitchell said: "Who is he? Where is he? What, if any, is his connection to Madeleine's disappearance?" "If he is innocent we want him to come forward for his own sake so he can be ruled out.

Now I ask of all of you...If you were this poor man, and there has been countless media reports, (TV, radio, Internet and newspaper) calling you creepy man, dodgy, oddball, shifty, shady, unkept, disturbing, nervous and agitated, strange, unpleasant, (Most all of these adjectives used in just ONE article), WHOULD YOU COME FORWARD?

Gawd, I'd die of total embarrassment if I were him. ..."Hey ya'll I'm the creep you have been looking for, I was broke, looking for a few buck so I could eat and buy some summer clothes. I feel bad I tried to Con a few people out of couple pounds....I only made up the story after I tried get help the honest way. Don't worry, I didn't succeed...no one helped me any because of my looks...they though I was too disturbing.":waitasec:

Catching up on the latest comments concerning this new sketch. I think it was Gatinho who said CM has probably already come to his own personal conclusion about what happened. I found this interesting and thinking about it - do you think that is why all this publicity results in negativity towards the McCanns? I mean, CM is a "press man." That's how he makes his living, he worked for the British Government. He can not be a stupid man, right?:waitasec: So do you think he knows what he is doing and that his underlying intent is to ensure that no one takes these press releases seriously?

CM's comment that "even if he is innocent, he needs to come forward and be cleared" says to me that the PJ have already cleared this suspect. They probably did it back in May after the initial report by the HEALTHCARE worker, Gail Cooper and her husband.:rolleyes:

April4 - you said you had no trust of the PJ. I have no trust of the British in this case. Let me clarify a little. I have no trust of the British media, I do trust the British LE and it has been the British LE and forensic depts that have lended the greatest knowledge/expertise to this case because the PJ doesn't have the same or the quality of the resources. This is just a comment on the difference of opinion. I thought it was interesting that we had such different stances on the case.

This is a quote from one of Gord's posts: "why this is all happening 8 months afterwards and not at the time is just mindboggling - What have the PJ been doing ? Even if there was only a 1% chance that this person even existed - every effort must have been made to track him down - interview him and then count him out .

The Mccans didnt make him up - this has come from and independant witness at the time."

I believe the PJ did check him out in May. See my comments above. We don't have and will not get a response from the PJ, but based on CM's comments alone, I believe the PJ checked this guy out in May and this is just a diversion or a way to try to get this guy to talk to Metodo 3.

And the game rolls on. Back in December there was an article that said it would take several weeks for the PJ to get back to England to re-interview the Tapas 9. The way I had it calculated, based on that press release was that the interviews should happen towards the middle of February. The wheels of justice turn slowly.....

Salem

Interested Woman said:
Now I ask of all of you...If you where this poor man, and there has been countless media reports, (TV, radio, Internet and newspaper) calling you creepy man, dodgy, oddball, shifty, shady, unkept, disturbing, nervous and agitated, strange, unpleasant, (Most all of these adjectives used in just ONE article), WHOULD YOU COME FORWARD?

Gawd, I'd die of total embarrassment if I where him. ..."Hey ya'll I'm the creep you have been looking for, I was broke, looking for a few buck so I could eat and buy some summer clothes. I feel bad I tried to Con a few people out of couple pounds....I only made up the story after I tried get help the honest way. Don't worry, I didn't succeed...no one helped me any because of my looks...they though I was too disturbing."
Right - being a panhandler or a bum does not automatically make someone a child abductor. Even being in that place does not make him guilty, nor does being ugly.

But he's a good contrast to all the well-dressed, rich doctors and other tourists around there. We've seen this before in countless cases - blame the "oddball." :mad: In the Laci Peterson case, the defense tried countless times to blame her disappearance on homeless people on bicycles who could not possibly have transported her pregnant body 100 miles to San Francisco Bay. But they were a good contrast to Scott with his boyscout past and supposed spotless record.

George Harrison with the Mexican tash! Whatever next.

Exactly, I was just about to post that it looks like George Harrison. This is really just too stupid. Maddie was not abducted.

Exactly, I was just about to post that it looks like George Harrison. This is really just too stupid. Maddie was not abducted.

ENGLISH!!!!

O/T I know but, hey, nice to see you, been a long time!! Of course I mean here on this forum, I see you "around" WS now and then.

I have to agree with you, I think this latest from CM is not only stupid it is probably illegal.

~hugs~

Ordinateur07-1.gif

ENGLISH!!!!

O/T I know but, hey, nice to see you, been a long time!! Of course I mean here on this forum, I see you "around" WS now and then.

I have to agree with you, I think this latest from CM is not only stupid it is probably illegal.

~hugs~

Ordinateur07-1.gif

Hey, Colo!!

I am still following the case, I just don't have as much time to post anymore b/c of going back to work in October, and then changing jobs last week. :) I miss all you guys!! I just had to come and see what you guys were saying about the George Harrison Kidnapper....:rolleyes:

I'll be around....

:blowkiss:

Catching up on the latest comments concerning this new sketch. I think it was Gatinho who said CM has probably already come to his own personal conclusion about what happened. I found this interesting and thinking about it - do you think that is why all this publicity results in negativity towards the McCanns? I mean, CM is a "press man." That's how he makes his living, he worked for the British Government. He can not be a stupid man, right?:waitasec: So do you think he knows what he is doing and that his underlying intent is to ensure that no one takes these press releases seriously?

CM's comment that "even if he is innocent, he needs to come forward and be cleared" says to me that the PJ have already cleared this suspect. They probably did it back in May after the initial report by the HEALTHCARE worker, Gail Cooper and her husband.:rolleyes:

April4 - you said you had no trust of the PJ. I have no trust of the British in this case. Let me clarify a little. I have no trust of the British media, I do trust the British LE and it has been the British LE and forensic depts that have lended the greatest knowledge/expertise to this case because the PJ doesn't have the same or the quality of the resources. This is just a comment on the difference of opinion. I thought it was interesting that we had such different stances on the case.

This is a quote from one of Gord's posts: "why this is all happening 8 months afterwards and not at the time is just mindboggling - What have the PJ been doing ? Even if there was only a 1% chance that this person even existed - every effort must have been made to track him down - interview him and then count him out .

The Mccans didnt make him up - this has come from and independant witness at the time."

I believe the PJ did check him out in May. See my comments above. We don't have and will not get a response from the PJ, but based on CM's comments alone, I believe the PJ checked this guy out in May and this is just a diversion or a way to try to get this guy to talk to Metodo 3.

And the game rolls on. Back in December there was an article that said it would take several weeks for the PJ to get back to England to re-interview the Tapas 9. The way I had it calculated, based on that press release was that the interviews should happen towards the middle of February. The wheels of justice turn slowly.....

Salem

I suppose the guy could have been interviewed before - there so little coming out from the PJ that who knows

I dont think may people even in the UK would trust the UK media - I certainly dont . The british press do not have a good track recors when it comes to reponsible publishing .

The wheels of justice are indeed turning slowly - if indeed they are turning atall. Though I am struggiling to understand why the PJ are letting this case drift for so long ......... I just dont buy the argument that they are getting all their ducks in a row etc or they are still examining the DNA .

In my mind all the witnesses should have been reinterviewed by the new team - back in the UK with British Police -

Anyone who was anyone - the nannys , the tennis partners , other holiday makers . the tapas people .......

I suppose the guy could have been interviewed before - there so little coming out from the PJ that who knows

I dont think may people even in the UK would trust the UK media - I certainly dont . The british press do not have a good track recors when it comes to reponsible publishing .

The wheels of justice are indeed turning slowly - if indeed they are turning atall. Though I am struggiling to understand why the PJ are letting this case drift for so long ......... I just dont buy the argument that they are getting all their ducks in a row etc or they are still examining the DNA .

In my mind all the witnesses should have been reinterviewed by the new team - back in the UK with British Police -

Anyone who was anyone - the nannys , the tennis partners , other holiday makers . the tapas people .......
I don't believe the PLE have intervieved, or even tried to find this guy. They would have let it be known if they had.

I think we all know they are experts at leaks!!

Just like other statements that haven't been followed up on...there's a complete lack of basic police work.

Salem also doesn't trust the British Media. I agree with this in part as I don't have a lot of trust in the media of any country, Portuguese included. All of them are sales driven.
But this is separate to not trusting the PLE.

Salem also doesn't trust the British Media. I agree with this in part as I don't have a lot of trust in the media of any country, Portuguese included. All of them are sales driven.
But this is separate to not trusting the PLE.

Do you trust Gerry and Kate Mc Cann?

Do you trust Gerry and Kate Mc Cann?
Not a question I can answer as I don't know either of them.
Though we all agree they shouldn't have left the children alone I haven't seen "any" evidence that they harmed Madeleine, or even that she's dead. So unless I do......I won't condemn them.
So far it's all been rumour, smears, and wild speculation. IMO

Though we all agree they shouldn't have left the children alone I haven't seen "any" evidence that they harmed Madeleine, or even that she's dead. So unless I do......I won't condemn them.

Totally agree April :clap: .What makes me doubt they have anything against them is that the twins have not been removed from their care,imo if there was irrefutable proof the McCanns were involved then why havent they been taken in to custody.I dont buy all that getting everything straight first rubbish,the safety of the twins should be paramount.

:boohoo:
That's the funniest thing I read for a week!

You agree it was wrong to leave the children alone yes? Madeleine is gone, and has never been found, yes? And there is no evidence they harmed her? If I left my toddlers in a car, I should not face any consequences if one child dies of heat stoke or is kidnapped? It's the suns fault?, it's the kidnappers fault?...is that what your saying?

Just so I understand better, I have a VERY SERIOUS question I hope you will answer.

I broke my foot, and the doctor prescribed prescription pain killers for me to take to relieve pain. Friends come over for drinks, and I get pre-occupied and I accidentally leave the pills in the reach of my three toddlers. My 3 year old child thinks it is candy and eats the pills. Who's fault would it be?

1. The doctors, for prescribing it.
2. The Pharmacists, for filling the prescription.
3. Mine, for leaving the medication out.
4. The Child's, for taking it.
5. You don't know me, so you can't answer.
6. No ones, it was a mistake.

:boohoo:
That's the funniest thing I read for a week!

You agree it was wrong to leave the children alone yes? Madeleine is gone, and has never been found, yes? And there is no evidence they harmed her? If I left my toddlers in a car, I should not face any consequences if one child dies of heat stoke or is kidnapped? It's the suns fault?, it's the kidnappers fault?...is that what your saying?

Just so I understand better, I have a VERY SERIOUS question I hope you will answer.

I broke my foot, and the doctor prescribed prescription pain killers for me to take to relieve pain. Friends come over for drinks, and I get pre-occupied and I accidentally leave the pills in the reach of my three toddlers. My 3 year old child thinks it is candy and eats the pills. Who's fault would it be?

1. The doctors, for prescribing it.
2. The Pharmacists, for filling the prescription.
3. Mine, for leaving the medication out.
4. The Child's, for taking it.
5. You don't know me, so you can't answer.
6. No ones, it was a mistake.

I realize the question wasn't directed at me, but in the scenario you gave above it would be your fault, even though it was a mistake. I don't think you should go to jail for that though. Parents make terrible mistakes sometimes but they are just that, a mistake. Unless you intentionally gave your child the pills you aren't a criminal and didn't intentionally harm your child.

Not directed at me either but...

What if you left the pills within the reach of the children and had taken a couple for your pain and left the cap off....

A couple in southeast Houston is facing charges for leaving their children alone in an apartment when a fire broke out (caused by faulty wiring.) The parents were coming and going from work, with a thirty minute gap in the time a parent would have been home with the children. They were working class and trying to save on childcare expenses.

I think they are far less deserving of charges than the McCanns, but the law doesn't see it that way.

The deciding factor for criminal negligence in the U.S. is whether or not a reasonable person could foresee harm coming to a child (or the person injured.) If you knew the pills were out, if you had a habit of leaving them out, then you would be subject to charges because a reasonable person would say that children are likely to think the pills were candy.

It doesn't matter whether or not you or I think the person should go to jail or not after losing their child, it's what the law says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member