New Statement from Steve Thomas. A MUST READ!

SuperDave said:
It's supposed to look like that, Camper. It's audio-only, last I knew.

Just go down to where it says:

View image/download file and click on that.

--->>>Did all of that the first time and just now again.

Just the oriental design, scrolled to the bottom clicked on the download thingie, and it appeared to load, then said Document done and All I had was a blank 'snow white' screen and no sound. I waited and waited and then clicked the reload option, but instantaneously it just gave a new blank 'snow white' screen.

I'm just here to see what one of SD's replies in email notifications was about, haven't been keeping up with this thread and didn't try the link.

I'm sure you had your speakers on, Camper? Only posting that because I'm here and may as well say hello to you all.

"I'm just here to see what one of SD's replies in email notifications was about, haven't been keeping up with this thread and didn't try the link."

Could you be more specific, Eagle1?

No no! LOL

I meant what did you ask me!

You've made your feelings on ST very clear elsewhere. Not that I necessarily disagree with all of them, but you have to admit: in the land of the blind, he certainly looks like the one-eyed man right now.

SuperDave said:
No no! LOL

I meant what did you ask me!

You've made your feelings on ST very clear elsewhere. Not that I necessarily disagree with all of them, but you have to admit: in the land of the blind, he certainly looks like the one-eyed man right now.

Actually I wasn't asking you anything, Supe, just wondered what someone else had asked that made you say you'd keep on it. Turned out to be Camper. And I have external speakers,I maybe should have explained instead of speculating that surely she had her speakers on, but maybe she kist uses the internal one and hers isn't working??? If that's the case, you'll know what to tell her to do about that, right?

I have Steve Thomas' book, lots of good info, never have disliked him, just thought in the one interview where he was face to face with the Ramseys they were coming across as winning. Patsy deftly avoided criticizing him directly, said he just hadn't had good teachers. I'm still an FS, fence sitter, not really taking sides, just have reservations that "appearances can be deceiving". I'm acknowledging the R's aren't blameless, but neither are some others and there's so many kinds of undergrounds and the current hate propaganda about humbling children, destructive. Anyone who stands out in any way, especially in the arts, which JonBenet was getting into, is probably called a "big head" and a "star", needing humbling. Talk can destroy.

I was just being casually impartial about him/them in that one interview, as if I were a newcomer to the case, no prejudices for or against either side.

Mum is my word on more in depth matters.

I always have my speaker on - which is my mouth.

Plus I do always have my puter speakers on SO that I donut miss anything.

Link did not work for me.

"I have Steve Thomas' book, lots of good info, never have disliked him, just thought in the one interview where he was face to face with the Ramseys they were coming across as winning. Patsy deftly avoided criticizing him directly, said he just hadn't had good teachers."

Well, that one was the first thing that made me doubt her innocence, Eagle1! I see what you mean, but I can't agree with it. She was so stoned in that interview, it was darkly comical. Not to mention that John reminded me of the Emperor in "Star Wars." She was trying to manipulate him, and NOT doing a good job! And I was on her side at the time!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice...Not gonna happen!

Ans his teachers were CASKU. Can't get better than that!

I didn't notice that PR seemed stoned, but Oh Well.

Camper, thanks for the explanation you do have your speakers on, and apologies for discussing it but I was just concerned, know I could forget to turn mine on. And I used to not get email notifications of replies, until my hubby for some reason got us a new modem for both computers. I don't even know what a modem looks like, myself.

Wow, a bit off topic but he is one good looking man. LOL. I always thought he was old for some reason. :clap:

"I didn't notice that PR seemed stoned, but Oh Well."

You didn't? Wow.

SuperDave said:
"I didn't notice that PR seemed stoned, but Oh Well."

You didn't? Wow.
I definitely noticed it. She was practically slurring her words.

I thought both Patsy and John Ramsey came off as hostile and defensive, but that's to be expected, since they're confronting the man who spearheaded the RDI theory. I think Thomas came out looking the victor of that match - he stuck to his guns and P & J were all over the board trying to man damage control. "That child" was the very last person in either of their heads that night on LKL - that was pure "cover your *advertiser censored*".

Nuisanceposter said:
............ "That child" was the very last person in either of their heads that night on LKL - that was pure "cover your *advertiser censored*".

You got that right, lol, NP, But so many medicines carry warnings about drinking, I really really doubt that she was stoned. In my experience over a fairly long life time, I've seen depressed people slurring their words, and in fairness we have to admit PR had plenty to be depressed about. Have to hand it to her that she did maintain a brave front all the way to the end. And remember I never said the parents were completely blameless. Guilt feelings are one of the 4 major parts or stages of grief. Survivors typically wonder "If I had done such and such would he/she be alive." You're probably quite a bit younger than her. It's easier for me at my age to put myself in someone else's shoes, including ST's.

And if I'm right that he's the one who said the snapshot of the dictionary fell out of the evidence envelope, that no dictionary was at the crime scene when it was officially inspected, someone PLANTED that, who had access to the envelope. Sounds like someone in LE may have done it.

Maybe ST was just nervous, having to face the terrible two's on TV all by himself, but if I were going to say anyone was stoned, come to think of it, which I didn't before, I think I would have said him. And we're just talking about one interview. I'm not influenced by his youth or good looks which most younger people naturally have. That's got nothing to do with it.

I'm not influenced by Thomas's looks or youth, either - my favorable impression of him is based upon his dedication to see justice given to a little girl who deserves it. He has worked harder than anyone else in JonBenet's murder investigation to do so, and I can't help but admire such determination and fortitude, especially when it's meant to honor the need for justice for a murdered child. I consider Thomas to be JonBenet's hero, even if his attempts were unsuccessful. That was not his failing, but the failing of the Ramseys themselves and the DA's office. If you ask me, John and Patsy have a lot to answer to when it comes to honoring their murdered child and seeking justice for her. Thomas can sleep easy with a clear conscience.

I've seen people under the influence of prescription medication, and that's what I saw when I watched Patsy on that LKL interview - a woman heavily medicated. By her own admission, she was taking anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. My mother takes anti-anxiety meds. People on those pills come across as almost acting drunk - but not quite. They think and move slower than usual. They don't speak as clearly.

Why did you get the impression Thomas was the one stoned?

"Have to hand it to her that she did maintain a brave front all the way to the end."

She was a worthy adversary!

Eagle1, it might help to remember that it was THEIR PI, Ellis Armistead, who quit after that interview. He actually cited that interview face-off as one of the reasons for his resignation.

I mean, John's sitting there like the Emperor in "Star Wars," watching Patsy's clumsy attempts to use her (she thinks) irresistable sexual charms to win this young detective over to their side, and when he doesn't go for it, John gives his version of "if you will not be turned, you will be destroyed."

Nuisanceposter said:

I've seen people under the influence of prescription medication, and that's what I saw when I watched Patsy on that LKL interview - a woman heavily medicated. By her own admission, she was taking anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. My mother takes anti-anxiety meds. People on those pills come across as almost acting drunk - but not quite. They think and move slower than usual. They don't speak as clearly.

Why did you get the impression Thomas was the one stoned?

Lol, Where'd you get the impression that I had that impression?

I never said that. Just that if I watched it again since someone bringing up the subject of someone being stoned, I might jump to the conclusion that he was, who knows? I took pains to emphasize that it was just the one interview where I didn't think he did as well as you'd expect from his book, which I own and have used a lot, making notes in the margins.

I wasn't looking at any of the three with any malice, wouldn't have thought any of them were "stoned" for a TV show. I don't think any of them were. And I try to live by the principles, "Judge not that ye be not judged" which goes along with Any person has a right to be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Sorry about your mom's difficulty. Yes, I'm sure PR's could have been similar.

I've even thought of starting a thread giving ST credit for a most valuable LEAK, about the dictionary photo planted in the evidence folder.

He just reported it matter-of-factly and evidently didn't think about what it could mean. I bet he would have been fired for that leak and maybe some others, if he hadn't quit. He took some risks. And didn't he say, "The fix is in"? I sure wish he'd write another book. And include something about the duffle bag, everyone seems to ignore, but it could be important. ST's the one who told us there were no footprints in the frost on the covered balcony floor. Otherwise we may have always wondered if someone came in that way, like the attacker of the 14-yr old from Dance West.

PR was pretty medicated in the interview, IMO.It was the way her eyes kept almost closing that was the giveaway.If it was valium,it must have been a pretty strong dose.I never looked like that till I had Stadol in labor.

I just want to express my admiration for Steve Thomas. Yep, he's "the one-eyed man in the land of the blind," as someone said.

From the start of this case I thought the parents did it and I've never deviated from that opinion. It's great to come to this site and see so many intelligent people who feel the same way.

I took the poll. It will be very interesting to see the final results - Dec. 25th?

How I feel about the Ramseys: :furious:

IMO, the "We're not speaking to you" said to Burke by JR during Patsy's faked telephone call means the R's were angry at him for braining his sister the previous night followed by the R's decision to "finish her off," stage the murder, and write the fake ransom note.

What do you think, superdave?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back