New Statement from Steve Thomas. A MUST READ!

Kortnie said:
I just want to express my admiration for Steve Thomas. Yep, he's "the one-eyed man in the land of the blind," as someone said.

From the start of this case I thought the parents did it and I've never deviated from that opinion. It's great to come to this site and see so many intelligent people who feel the same way.

I took the poll. It will be very interesting to see the final results - Dec. 25th?

How I feel about the Ramseys: :furious:
me too,ST is great!
LOL,I feel the same way about the R's.

I'm a fence sitter as I think neither RDI or IDI scenarios answers all of the questions. I do believe that the media and some posters have been closed-minded when it comes to what Mary Lacy did. She could not just ignore a man who seemingly knew details, gave a story that you could actually envision the crime happening and who has a warped mind when it comes to children.

If nothing else it brought attention to this sick, perverted man who since he has been cleared of the *advertiser censored* charges cannot even be classified as a sex offender, has no record and technically can still get a teaching job as a result.

He was brought to the public's attention so perhaps it will at least keep him away from our children.

I'm also not enamored with Steve Thomas. JMHO

IMO, the "We're not speaking to you" said to Burke by JR during Patsy's faked telephone call means the R's were angry at him for braining his sister the previous night followed by the R's decision to "finish her off," stage the murder, and write the fake ransom note.

What do you think, superdave?

I'm afraid I don't.

I'm a fence sitter as I think neither RDI or IDI scenarios answers all of the questions. I do believe that the media and some posters have been closed-minded when it comes to what Mary Lacy did. She could not just ignore a man who seemingly knew details, gave a story that you could actually envision the crime happening and who has a warped mind when it comes to children.

If nothing else it brought attention to this sick, perverted man who since he has been cleared of the *advertiser censored* charges cannot even be classified as a sex offender, has no record and technically can still get a teaching job as a result.

He was brought to the public's attention so perhaps it will at least keep him away from our children.

That's one thing, Credence, but it was the WAY she did it that upset a lot of people.

Well, even I have my moments where I wonder.

Wouldn't someone like to email ST, using the button a couple of pages back, about the pageant bear being white with a little banner on it, and the brown santa bear allegedly called "shabby" by PR, or has he already given an opinion on it somewhere? I'm not totally sure.

Nobody paid much attention to the "shabby" brown santa bear that allegedly appeared in JonBenet's room, on the other bed if I remember correctly, but "what if" it really could be traced to Karr, and therefore would prove that somehow he did get to Boulder that night? Maybe hitchhiked with a fellow pedophile?

Wouldn't prove that Karr himself personally killed her, of course, just that he was there or sent his bear with someone who was there. I just keep wondering about this overlooked possibility, while of course keeping an open mind to all the other possibilities too, and future ones that may come up.

I like ST okay, appreciate his book, which I have, and wish he's write another, this time addressing the question about the santa bears among all the other things. There would be quite a market for a second book, right?
He's waiting, for some reason, again? For someone else to discuss the bears?

There's so much truth on both sides that I have to agree with Celia and another poster, several of the friends may have been involved, tire tracks erased by the light snow that fell before morning, reason they could all get there so quickly when "phoned". Heart attack or not, I believe I read that they almost arrested McSanta twice. Would he have even brought his celtic harp to the house? The R's could have rationalized they'd sleep on the plane next morning, if they went along with some weird activity that I can't rationalize or guess, maybe something we never heard of.

There would be quite a market for a second book, right?

Until the Karr thing broke, I would have said no. Now...

He's waiting, for some reason, again?

I agree, though I have nothing but a gut feeling.

Credence said:

Karr knew less details about the crime than most people on this forum do.

Nuisanceposter said:
................ I consider Thomas to be JonBenet's hero, even if his attempts were unsuccessful. That was not his failing, but the failing of the Ramseys themselves and the DA's office. If you ask me, John and Patsy have a lot to answer to when it comes to honoring their murdered child and seeking justice for her. Thomas can sleep easy with a clear conscience.

I've seen people under the influence of prescription medication, and that's what I saw when I watched Patsy on that LKL interview - a woman heavily medicated. By her own admission, she was taking anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. My mother takes anti-anxiety meds. People on those pills come across as almost acting drunk - but not quite. They think and move slower than usual. They don't speak as clearly.

Why did you get the impression Thomas was the one stoned?

Maybe you're asking SuperDave, not me, but I really don't think either of us thought ST was stoned.

I must agree with you that Patsy was probably just heavily medicated. Not surprising at all. I don't think anyone was stoned, in that interview, nor do I think she slurred words.

Do we just see/hear what we want to, if our minds are already made up? Don't know. I was completely neutral and hadn't thought of anyone being stoned. If they were, I'm sure they would have been re-scheduled. It would have showed before the show started.

Eagle1 said:
Maybe you're asking SuperDave, not me, but I really don't think either of us thought ST was stoned.

I must agree with you that Patsy was probably just heavily medicated. Not surprising at all. I don't think anyone was stoned, in that interview, nor do I think she slurred words.

Do we just see/hear what we want to, if our minds are already made up? Don't know. I was completely neutral and hadn't thought of anyone being stoned. If they were, I'm sure they would have been re-scheduled. It would have showed before the show started.
You watched the interview? You don't think she appeared heavily medicated? You don't feel that her words were slurred? I saw it and that was my first though other than being infuriated to see them do a tv interview while stonewalling the police who were trying to investigate a murder.

I think she was...her eyes were about to close at any moment..she had a hard time keeping them open.I've had 10 mg valium for a med. procedure,(which I think is the highest dose usually given)..and I still didn't look like THAT.I kind of wonder if she had something stronger.Only Stadol did that to me when I was in labor.

Do we just see/hear what we want to, if our minds are already made up?

Yes, but if you remember, I was a supporter of theirs and I could still see it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back