GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't really make sense to me. It seems in most cases, the parents have to insist that their child did not runaway, that they were taken against their will. Time is extremely important when your child is abducted. I would think it would better to tell everyone your child was abducted in order to maximize the media coverage, get people to pay more attention to your child's face, etc. I am very certain that if Abby's parents insisted that she was abducted, doing PC's where they pleaded to her kidnapper, etc, this case would get significantly more media coverage, and therefore, significantly more people would know to look for her. Sugarcoating what happened to your child (to that extent) is not going to bring them home.

This seems totally dishonest to me. If they want the public's help, then tell the truth. Sorry if a runaway does not get as much hype but labeling it an abduction needlessly puts extra fear into every parent. Any good parent is already scared of something like this, don't lie to me about it being on my doorstep if it is not. What you describe above is not sugarcoating, it is flat out lying.

I also believe that if you know your kid ran away and you report it as an abduction, that's against the law.

I think LE is involved because they think there is something hinky going on, maybe an abduction. I think the parents are on a different page and want to think she left so then she's okay. We have two missing currently on this forum where the parents are in this mode. The kids get less and less coverage which of course they cannot or will not get back. Maybe they're right or maybe they're so scared this is the only way they can function.

I think the letter may have been suspect (typed, etc.) because of what was posted earlier, Dad's request for the bible verse that was a password. That's something only she would know that they will tell them she's okay. That is apparently missing at this point.

This seems totally dishonest to me. If they want the public's help, then tell the truth. Sorry if a runaway does not get as much hype but labeling it an abduction needlessly puts extra fear into every parent. Any good parent is already scared of something like this, don't lie to me about it being on my doorstep if it is not. What you describe above is not sugarcoating, it is flat out lying.

I also believe that if you know your kid ran away and you report it as an abduction, that's against the law.

My post was about if they believe their daughter was abducted, but they are saying she's a runaway because they don't want to consider all the horrific things that would be happening to her (or already happened) if some predator abducted her.

:yourock:

As someone who lives here in the Valley . You nailed it . I am a parent with two children . My kids safety and my ability to sleep at night doesnt seem to matter , because somebody doesnt want egg on their face.

:yourock:

As someone who lives here in the Valley . You nailed it . I am a parent with two children . My kids safety and my ability to sleep at night doesnt seem to matter , because somebody doesnt want egg on their face.

I live just a mile or so from where Maura Murray disappeared from, so even though my kids are "technically" (and barely)adults, the fear always lingers in the back of my mind.

My post was about if they believe their daughter was abducted, but they are saying she's a runaway because they don't want to consider all the horrific things that would be happening to her (or already happened) if some predator abducted her.

There is a video of ZH being interviewed (I'll try to find it) in her living room. The interview is going along and ZH is talking lightheartedly about how happy she was to have received the letter, all butterflies and moonbeams. Then the reporter asks her about an alternative scenario and ZH's face turns ashen and the storm clouds take over.

At this point, I say however she needs to cope with Abby being missing is perfectly acceptable to me. I don't think speaking about Abby as a runaway will make an abductor kill her. I don't think a ruse about Abby being a runaway will sway an abductor to let her go. I think that IF she did runaway, hearing her parents' positive words might help her return. ETA: I do have to say that, personally speaking, if I were abducted and had the ability to hear my mother speak (or read a letter), I would want to hear her say that she's going to find me and save me and will leave no stone unturned until I'm back in her arms.

Mother hopes for daughter's safe return - YouTube

If she ran away there has to be some solid evidence of that, missing clothing, friends being aware of it, computer records. 14 year olds have no means of feeding themselves, cannot legally get a job or drive a car, they have no access to credit. After a few weeks if you are not a street wise kid you are going to go home.
If there is an older person helping her then there still needs to be a place to stay, prior communications etc.
If it was an abduction then why is the family so quiet, where is Dad, older sister and extended family? Other families in the similar situations have acted very differently. If it was random and I was a local with kids i would be very afraid.
Why not publish the contents of the alleged letter from Abby? Maybe a local person or complete stranger may be able to shed light on her whereabouts.

There is a video of ZH being interviewed (I'll try to find it) in her living room. The interview is going along and ZH is talking lightheartedly about how happy she was to have received the letter, all butterflies and moonbeams. Then the reporter asks her about an alternative scenario and ZH's face turns ashen and the storm clouds take over.

At this point, I say however she needs to cope with Abby being missing is perfectly acceptable to me. I don't think speaking about Abby as a runaway will make an abductor kill her. I don't think a ruse about Abby being a runaway will sway an abductor to let her go. I think that IF she did runaway, hearing her parents' positive words might help her return. ETA: I do have to say that, personally speaking, if I were abducted and had the ability to hear my mother speak (or read a letter), I would want to hear her say that she's going to find me and save me and will leave no stone unturned until I'm back in her arms.

Mother hopes for daughter's safe return - YouTube

If I were abducted and held against my will, I would be distraught and terrified to hear my folks speaking about me as if I had run away. The fear being that at some point everyone would give up looking for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were abducted and held against my will, I would be distraught and terrified to hear my folks speaking about me as if I had run away. The fear being that at some point everyone would give up looking for me.

So do think LE would let the parents do that if LE thought it was anything other than a Runaway ?

Rosie , your logic is right on .

If she ran away there has to be some solid evidence of that, missing clothing, friends being aware of it, computer records. 14 year olds have no means of feeding themselves, cannot legally get a job or drive a car, they have no access to credit. After a few weeks if you are not a street wise kid you are going to go home.
If there is an older person helping her then there still needs to be a place to stay, prior communications etc.
If it was an abduction then why is the family so quiet, where is Dad, older sister and extended family? Other families in the similar situations have acted very differently. If it was random and I was a local with kids i would be very afraid.
Why not publish the contents of the alleged letter from Abby? Maybe a local person or complete stranger may be able to shed light on her whereabouts.

Bolded by me.

How do you know that LE does or does not have that info or that any of it could exist ? LE has been extremely tight lipped .

Actions speak louder than words. LE backed off big time after the letter. Why do you think that is ?

Is there some sort of statement or indication from LE that they have backed off or are no longer investigating Abigial's disappearance? I missed it if so.

We are all simply going on what we can SEE and HEAR and SURMISE from those things. That does not make our speculations any more or less accurate than the next poster IMO.

To say that LE HAS backed off is not accurate IMO. There is an APPEARANCE of them having backed off to some. Doesn't make it fact. Again just MOO

Bolded by me.

How do you know that LE does or does not have that info or that any of it could exist ? LE has been extremely tight lipped .

Actions speak louder than words. LE backed off big time after the letter. Why do you think that is ?

I'm sure they have some information we are not privy to. As you pointed out, they have been tight lipped, and the postmark of the letter was never disclosed. There could be a lot of things going on behind the scenes based on the postmark alone (and that don't even involve North Conway or even NH).

I personally cannot comprehend them sitting on information and throwing their hands up in the air giving up because she did, in fact, run away. She's still a minor being harbored by someone w/o parental consent, presuming she is still alive.

Is there some sort of statement or indication from LE that they have backed off or are no longer investigating Abigial's disappearance? I missed it if so.

We are all simply going on what we can SEE and HEAR and SURMISE from those things. That does not make our speculations any more or less accurate than the next poster IMO.

To say that LE HAS backed off is not accurate IMO. There is an APPEARANCE of them having backed off to some. Doesn't make it fact. Again just MOO

My bad . Ill MOO all over my posts next time . :moo: :facepalm:

So do think LE would let the parents do that if LE thought it was anything other than a Runaway ?

Rosie , your logic is right on .

I don't know, but I don't think LE scripts what Abby's folks say and write. They may give them general guidelines about what to include or exclude.

So many missing kids are never recovered, whether they ran away or were abducted. It sure takes the heat off LE if the consensus is that a kid ran away. Not that they wouldn't still be following up on leads in case of abduction.

Hopefully, the letter is the convincing evidence, leading them to the runaway conclusion. I just don't understand why she didn't leave the letter at home the day she left if she had planned to runaway. It would have avoided much of the hoopla.

I don't know what to think. I hope those 'in the know' are fairly certain of this direction, otherwise, I think it's a bad long-term move in terms of media coverage.

I think LE knows what they are doing. If there was some danger to the community I think they would err on the side of caution and say so. The fact that they have not and have appeared to back off tell me that this is probably not a random abduction scenario. I also think that the letter contains no information that would allow the public to offer any assistance so there is no point in releasing it. They are the professionals here and if anyone is able to make that call to not disclose the contents of the letter, they are, despite so many people's desire to see it.

It's always frustrating when children go missing and there is heavy LE presence at first and then seemingly nothing...

Kyron Horman
Sky Metalwala
Joshua Davis
Britney Drexel

And the list goes on....

Abby I am assuming that you did run away. And as I said in my first letter it is very important for you to you know that nobody is angry with you, and you are not in any trouble. Everybody is very worried about you and we all want you to come home.

Sweetheart, I have noticed that in all of the pleas that have gone out, from your mother and the authorities, something has not been mentioned or considered. And that is the possibility that you may not want to return to whatever it is that you ran away from. Sweetheart I don't know if that's the case. I'm just throwing things out there. I'm trying to explore other possibilities. Whatever the reason is, we can work it out. No matter what it is.

If you feel that you are in some kind of trouble you know deep down in your heart that you can come to me, and I will help you get through it. Again no matter what it is. And whatever you want kept private, will be kept private.

SNIP

This is my daily prayer for you:
"Heavenly Father, I lift Abby to you and ask that wherever she is that she is safe, and is being cared for. I pray that she is not mistreated, and is not suffering. If she is with someone that they would care for her, as if she was their own daughter. I pray that You give them the desire to do the right thing and return her to us. I pray that she is warm, has nourishing food, shelter, and clean clothing. Please Lord, let her know that I love her and miss her, and I want her to come home. And place it in her heart and make a way for her to contact me. Please Father God, send your Angels to place a hedge of protection around her, and allow her to feel their presence. I also ask that you strengthen me, and Abby and help us not to doubt. To have faith and to completely trust in You. I ask these things in the precious name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen."

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index...missing-conway-teen-writes-letter-to-daughter

The letter is in its entirety at the link.

To me this reads like a letter from a very worried concerned father who is not sure where his daughter is, why she is not where she should be and is ready and willing to consider every possible reason for her absence and extend to her his assurances that IF she is away willingly he will move heaven and earth and do everything in his power to set things right for her.

It does not read to me like a letter from a man who is CONVINCED his daughter has left of her own volition, but rather one who is considering that as one of several possibilities.

IMO, since it was indicated that LE helped or directed Mom's letter, I do believe they think she left willingly. They cannot be sure of her current safety though and would not dare assume all is well with her. jMO

The last picture of her walking out of her school texting on her phone, she looks like my daughter, just like every other girl her age. It haunts me.

:woot::woot:

IMO, since it was indicated that LE helped or directed Mom's letter, I do believe they think she left willingly. They cannot be sure of her current safety though and would not dare assume all is well with her. jMO

MOO : Obviously LE hasnt " TAKEN ANYTHING OFF THE TABLE " :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member