GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abby I am assuming that you did run away. And as I said in my first letter it is very important for you to you know that nobody is angry with you, and you are not in any trouble. Everybody is very worried about you and we all want you to come home.

Sweetheart, I have noticed that in all of the pleas that have gone out, from your mother and the authorities, something has not been mentioned or considered. And that is the possibility that you may not want to return to whatever it is that you ran away from. Sweetheart I don't know if that's the case. I'm just throwing things out there. I'm trying to explore other possibilities. Whatever the reason is, we can work it out. No matter what it is.

If you feel that you are in some kind of trouble you know deep down in your heart that you can come to me, and I will help you get through it. Again no matter what it is. And whatever you want kept private, will be kept private.

SNIP

This is my daily prayer for you:
"Heavenly Father, I lift Abby to you and ask that wherever she is that she is safe, and is being cared for. I pray that she is not mistreated, and is not suffering. If she is with someone that they would care for her, as if she was their own daughter. I pray that You give them the desire to do the right thing and return her to us. I pray that she is warm, has nourishing food, shelter, and clean clothing. Please Lord, let her know that I love her and miss her, and I want her to come home. And place it in her heart and make a way for her to contact me. Please Father God, send your Angels to place a hedge of protection around her, and allow her to feel their presence. I also ask that you strengthen me, and Abby and help us not to doubt. To have faith and to completely trust in You. I ask these things in the precious name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen."

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index...missing-conway-teen-writes-letter-to-daughter

The letter is in its entirety at the link.

To me this reads like a letter from a very worried concerned father who is not sure where his daughter is, why she is not where she should be and is ready and willing to consider every possible reason for her absence and extend to her his assurances that IF she is away willingly he will move heaven and earth and do everything in his power to set things right for her.

It does not read to me like a letter from a man who is CONVINCED his daughter has left of her own volition, but rather one who is considering that as one of several possibilities.

I have reread this several times today and I totally agree with your assessment.

~*EDIT *~
The "things have drastically changed" still bugs me though.

IMO mom IS AWARE of a good reason to believe that Abby did run away apart from the letter which IF typed doesn't sound to me sent by Abby...She certainly got a red flag otherwise why on earth a mom would ever think of his daughter to run away with a schoolbag all of a sudden leaving her parents in such a desperate and miserable situation? It appears to me IF Abby ran away , mom knows why imo ... But still my gut feeling is that she did not run away :(
I hope I'm wrong ...
JMO

I don't believe she ran away. There's been a number of "hinky" things with this case like a full force of LE within hours of her disappearance seemingly looking for a body rather than a live person; a mom not allowed to talk to the press; a private father who is suddenly very public with fb and letters galore, but still no face on a camera; a bf with a very outspoken family who never appeared to really be part of things (don't know how to express that better); and friends who didn't seem concerned with her disappearance. I'm not sure why this is so strange, but it is and there are just too many things that don't add up.

LE had literally nothing to go on until they learned of that letter, IMO. They said so often enough. They HAD to treat her case as an abduction. But since then, no searching, no warnings, etc. Just a statement that she is in danger, which is pretty obvious when a fifteen-year old is not home and her whereabouts are unknown. I think they learned she did choose to leave but are unable to determine what has happened or where she may be now.

I think the letter may have been suspect (typed, etc.) because of what was posted earlier, Dad's request for the bible verse that was a password. That's something only she would know that they will tell them she's okay. That is apparently missing at this point.

Dad requested the bible verse on Nov 4 and Mom retrieved the letter from her PO box on Nov 6 so his request was not made in reaction to the letter. I do find it odd that he requested some contact from Abby and 48 hours later Mom got a letter.

Dad requested the bible verse on Nov 4 and Mom retrieved the letter from her PO box on Nov 6 so his request was not made in reaction to the letter. I do find it odd that he requested some contact from Abby and 48 hours later Mom got a letter.

Isnt that fishy ?

Could you maybe guess that RH got the letter and then put it ( mailed it ) into ZH's " custody " .

Wasnt that a weird word for JY to use, " It came into ZH's custody on Nov 6 " ?

Seems like a divorce court term doesnt it ?

Two cents , Moo and all that jive.

Right!!! The contact/letter from "Abby" had been sitting in the PO box for almost 10 days when Dad posted his letter on November 4th. His letter requesting contact probably prompted Mom to check the PO box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right!!! The contact/letter from "Abby" had been sitting in the PO box for almost 10 days when Dad posted his letter on November 4th. His letter requesting contact probably prompted Mom to check the PO box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOO: The ten day " didnt check the mail " is bogus . LE never said that .

MOO: The ten day " didnt check the mail " is bogus . LE never said that .

I think LE implied there was a reasonable explanation for the delay and they weren't "alarmed" by that explantion. That could mean many things I guess.

LE was very guarded and specific when describing the delay in receipt of the letter. They gave no SPECIFIC indication that it had sat in the PO Box for ten days. They did however insinuate or suggest it. I'm with you on this DanaK, while it has been suggested and implied that the delay was caused by the fact that it was delivered to a PO Box, I do not even think they confirmed that it was ADDRESSED or originally addressed to the PO Box now that I think of it.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said the delay may have been caused by the letter going to a post office box and not the Hernandez house.

http://news.yahoo.com/cops-nh-teen-missing-2-months-wrote-letter-140354826.html

Although all the articles seem to suggest LE tells them (reporters/press) that Abigail SENT the letter TO her mother, I am not finding any quotes from LE about the original intended recipient of the letter nor have I seen any quote or confirmation from LE that the PO Box would be a place her mother would expect to receive mail.

Thank you for the food for thought DanaK. I think I will mull over the idea that the letter was possibly

a) from Abigail to her mom but sent to a third party location

b) meant for her mother but possibly sent through a third party and then on to the PO Box

or (least likely IMO) that the letter was actually sent and addressed to another who then forwarded it on via the PO Box to her mother (perhaps a jointly addressed letter to mom and dad?) But this seems very unlikely to me.

Abigial's dad is a bit of an enigma to me. Still haven't quite gotten a feel for their relationship, but I feel he is very worried about her.

I remember the circs of the letter being sent to some unnamed PO Box and we speculated if it was an apparently rarely checked or not belonging personally to her mother PO Box when we first heard about the letter and now my wheels are spinning on that again.

LE was very guarded and specific when describing the delay in receipt of the letter. They gave no SPECIFIC indication that it had sat in the PO Box for ten days. They did however insinuate or suggest it. I'm with you on this DanaK, while it has been suggested and implied that the delay was caused by the fact that it was delivered to a PO Box, I do not even think they confirmed that it was ADDRESSED or originally addressed to the PO Box now that I think of it.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said the delay may have been caused by the letter going to a post office box and not the Hernandez house.

http://news.yahoo.com/cops-nh-teen-missing-2-months-wrote-letter-140354826.html

Although all the articles seem to suggest LE tells them (reporters/press) that Abigail SENT the letter TO her mother, I am not finding any quotes from LE about the original intended recipient of the letter nor have I seen any quote or confirmation from LE that the PO Box would be a place her mother would expect to receive mail.

Thank you for the food for thought DanaK. I think I will mull over the idea that the letter was possibly

a) from Abigail to her mom but sent to a third party location

b) meant for her mother but possibly sent through a third party and then on to the PO Box

or (least likely IMO) that the letter was actually sent and addressed to another who then forwarded it on via the PO Box to her mother (perhaps a jointly addressed letter to mom and dad?) But this seems very unlikely to me.

Abigial's dad is a bit of an enigma to me. Still haven't quite gotten a feel for their relationship, but I feel he is very worried about her.

I remember the circs of the letter being sent to some unnamed PO Box and we speculated if it was an apparently rarely checked or not belonging personally to her mother PO Box when we first heard about the letter and now my wheels are spinning on that again.

Thank you for the kind words.

Not to hammer people over the head with it, but the term " in her custody " really made my hair stand on end. And the way JY made SURE that it was said that way made it .... odd? Why that exact word ?

And why the stressing of the delay " not causing any alarm " .

Come on .

I also find the reaction to the letter and aftermath to be interesting.
The local LE asked people to be on the look out for new people in their community. The police chief and AG each made separate comments in that regard. That would imply a situation where Abby was (a) alive and (b) free to mingle in her new community.
If I remember correctly, the FBI lead took a darker view and worried aloud about Abby being coerced and he then quoted some ugly statistics about missing adolescents and sexual exploitation.
Lastly as we've discussed, the parents have taken a more hopeful view and asked for her to come home.
What's it all mean? To me, it confirms that none of them know what's happened and they're casting a wide and semi-coordinated net to cover all the bases.

Thank you for the kind words.

Not to hammer people over the head with it, but the term " in her custody " really made my hair stand on end. And the way JY made SURE that it was said that way made it .... odd? Why that exact word ?

And why the stressing of the delay " not causing any alarm " .

Come on .

I agree that the explanation was "odd". But, for me, that doesn't mean something hinky went on; it just means LE and ZH aren't going to disclose anymore details. There are SO many possibilities. I initially thought the letter went to RH then to ZH (my own speculations based on the delay and wording from LE). Then, we all picked the press conference apart (and looked at the timing of all of the letters), and I came around to believe that the letter was addressed to ZH and it went to her out of town PO Box, only to be picked up 10 days late. Agh! This again?! I'm not sure what to think!

Abigail Hernandez - Letter Press Conference - YouTube

Jane Young "We believe, in fact, that it was written by Abi and it was sent to her mother." at around the :42 mark

It does not show the presser participants leaving the podium area but appears to contain Ms. Young's entire statement on the letter.

Abigail Hernandez - Letter Press Conference - YouTube

Jane Young "We believe, in fact, that it was written by Abi and it was sent to her mother." at around the :42 mark

It does not show the presser participants leaving the podium area but appears to contain Ms. Young's entire statement on the letter.

Thanks for the video . ZH looks to be in absolute misery there. She had the letter and she looks unhappy . So what changed since then to make her so positive a week after the press conference and up until now ? Do you think LE would tell us if there was another letter ? I dont . Its pretty obvious something happened, and judging by the FB letters back to AH , I would say there is no doubt. They are communicating with her and we are out of the loop . She is alive.

And its all of a sudden not our damn business . As a local that hurts. I guess I understand though .

MOO and all that jazz

Thanks for the video . ZH looks to be in absolute misery there. She had the letter and she looks unhappy . So what changed since then to make her so positive a week after the press conference and up until now ? Do you think LE would tell us if there was another letter ? I dont . Its pretty obvious something happened, and judging by the FB letters back to AH , I would say there is no doubt. They are communicating with her and we are out of the loop . She is alive.

And its all of a sudden not our damn business . As a local that hurts. I guess I understand though .

MOO and all that jazz

BBM
From your lips to God's ears.

While I agree with you that ZH's on-screen behavior has changed recently, I believe there could be many explanations for it. Your reasoning is plausible, certainly. But it's just as easy to explain by saying she is simply trying to be positive (butterflies and moonbeams, as I said before). Until LE (or the family) clarify what's going on or indicate that Abby has been found, I'm sticking to what we already know. Which is not much!!

MOO and all that jazz

While I agree that I don't think LE would rush to tell us if there had been more communication from or about Abigail, I do not agree that it is obvious that something happened or that there is no doubt that anyone has received more communication from Abi.

There is all sorts of doubt. It is an interesting theory but not fact or beyond doubt at all. Love the creative use of the MOO and jazz hands tho ;)

MOO and all that jazz

One thing that I have noticed is that before, there was a HUGE push for people to buy those magnetic signs for their trucks and cars, and to put up posters and flyers. Seems like that has calmed down considerably since that press conference. MOO

While I agree that I don't think LE would rush to tell us if there had been more communication from or about Abigail, I do not agree that it is obvious that something happened or that there is no doubt that anyone has received more communication from Abi.

There is all sorts of doubt. It is an interesting theory but not fact or beyond doubt at all. Love the creative use of the MOO and jazz hands tho ;)

I agree with DanaK- I think she has been communicating with at least one of her parents, possibly her Mom. Her Mom's Christmas interview was just too upbeat for a person who has not heard from her daughter recently, that has been missing for over two months now.

I also agree with DanaK that LE will not let us know if she is calling or writing her Mom. They may have good reasons for not doing so, but I feel that they have heard from her again and are trying to reach out to her online to come to some kind of compromise with her before she returns. MOO

Things have really quieted down since that Christmas interview with the mother and the two letters that the parents wrote to her online- there doesn't seem to be such an urgent rush to find her now like before, or any of her personal belongings. MOO.

FWIW, I just looked at both the MHFAH and BAH Facebook pages and it seems as if they are still active with posts everyday and there are posts as late as yesterday about how to obtain magnets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther