Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #11 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they have the tox reports but they were inconclusive. jmo I believe their case is about all they "don't" know. Hopefully, they will be able to get a confession out of someone because without that I don't think we will ever see justice for Celina. jmo

At this point, things do not look good for solving this case. The weeks that have elapsed since Celina's body was found, the lack of information from the AG's office and other LE, the fact that LE has not even announced a COD, a POI or any other information that indicates they are making progress, all point to the very real possibility that this case will be added to the "unsolved" list. I agree with those who feel the AG would like to have this case fade into the sunset. And it appears that's the direction this has already started heading in. Reporters can't create much of a story if they're getting zero information from LE. And without stories in the news, this case will quickly fade from the public's memory. Unfortunate, yes. But it's happened before here in New Hampshire plenty of times.

Why do you think the AG wants the case to fade away? Because they can't solve it and they don't want it affecting their reputation? It's 'better' to have an obscure/forgotten cold case than a well known one?

Respectfully, my understanding is that these tests begin with a "simple" screening to determine if there is anything there. If the initial tests comes back positive then more elaborate and time consuming tests become necessary. These follow tests nail everything down, including complex combinations of multiple drugs and medications, and the untimate report should indicate how those multiple drugs interact with one another.

However, even in the case of people with numerous wild drug and medication combinations, all of which add tests and complexity to the process, it seems like three or four weeks would be NORMAL. Unless we are to believe that Celina was slamming more drugs than Heath Ledger or Michael Jackson, the idea that it would take this long is pretty silly. In my inexpert opinion of course.

Also, for what it's worth, the lab some of us believe the tests were sent to boasts an average turn-around of a week to ten days.

I believe (my opinion only) that the AAG is deliberately slow playing these tests and this case.

I think the AG's office and the adults in Celina's life would love nothing more than for the public and the media to forget all about Celina. Sadly, they seem to be getting their wish.

BBM

Thank goodness, Chris Texas, for Websleuths members...
we will never forget her!

Celina.. you WILL remain in our hearts and minds forever, Sweetheart!
I think of you everyday!

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

I think the AG's office and the adults in Celina's life would love nothing more than for the public and the media to forget all about Celina. Sadly, they seem to be getting their wish.

I doubt the AG's office wants the case to be forgotten. I think they are either frustrated by their inability to solve the case, or more likely their inability to find enough evidence to go to trial in this Simpson/Anthony court system.

Just stopping by to check on sweet Celina. I see there hasn't been much movement in her case. Keeping the faith that there will be justice for this dear young girl, no matter how long it takes.

I doubt the AG's office wants the case to be forgotten. I think they are either frustrated by their inability to solve the case, or more likely their inability to find enough evidence to go to trial in this Simpson/Anthony court system.

Plenty of people have been convicted in circumstantial cases over the years...there is no reason to think that one cannot be built, providing they can say with conviction that this child was indeed murdered, and with luck, how she died. But even if they know she was murdered, that does not mean they have any evidence pointing to any specific person.

Why do you think the AG wants the case to fade away? Because they can't solve it and they don't want it affecting their reputation? It's 'better' to have an obscure/forgotten cold case than a well known one?

Of course. Celina was poor and she lived in a small town. The only reason she was a story initially was because she was MISSING. Missing is a story, dead... not so much, unless the dead girl is a prom queen or has blonde hair and rich parents.

And let's be honest here: The purpose of police secrecy and silence is not to protect their case -- they don't have a case -- the secrecy is to protect their jobs. So long as the police and AG's office say nothing no one can question how well they handled this case. If they can get away with it they will never reveal anything about this case at all.

My prediction is this: unless someone from the media sues them they won't release the coroner's report or tox tests, and they won't answer a single question with anything other than "We are still working hard on this one, lots of leads we are following up, building our case, completing the puzzle, might take some time, can't rush things...."

Of course. Celina was poor and she lived in a small town. The only reason she was a story initially was because she was MISSING. Missing is a story, dead... not so much, unless the dead girl is a prom queen or has blonde hair and rich parents.

And let's be honest here: The purpose of police secrecy and silence is not to protect their case -- they don't have a case -- the secrecy is to protect their jobs. So long as the police and AG's office say nothing no one can question how well they handled this case. If they can get away with it they will never reveal anything about this case at all.

My prediction is this: unless someone from the media sues them they won't release the coroner's report or tox tests, and they won't answer a single question with anything other than "We are still working hard on this one, lots of leads we are following up, building our case, completing the puzzle, might take some time, can't rush things...."

Define POOR. I don't remember reading anywhere that Celina was poor. Her mother worked, stepfather was on disability. Their car and truck didn't look like junk. None of them appeared to be hungry or without clothing.

I do not believe AT ALL that LE is trying to make people forget about this case. But there is only so much they can do without a cause of death and perhaps they are in fact still waiting on final toxicology. They may end up having to make an announcement that they are unable to determine cause and/or manner of death but that the circumstances are such that investigation will be ongoing. I think they will ask for help from the public again if indeed they are forced to admit that cause of death cannot be determined. I don't know what is expected from LE at this point, if they do not have that, or evidence pointing to a suspect. All they can do is continue to work the case, as I feel certain they are doing.

If they did not want the case to be forgotten they would be holding twice weekly press conferences, issuing definative-sounding statements, and releasing teaser info to keep the public interested. Note as well that any information they release offers the potential for a break in the case, in that someone from the general public might well make a connection that the police did not make. For example: if Celina was found wrapped in a green tarp, and the police cannot figure out where it came from, it is entirely possible that someone in the town knows the answer -- perhaps they loaned a green tarp to someone in Celina's family, perhaps the green tarp covering the BBQ was stolen the night before the murder but they never made the connection. Breaks like this happen.

But they do not happen if the police refuse to answer any questions.

Imagine this:

On Saturday evening, at about 11:45 PM, police respond to shots fired in a residential neighborhood. They arrive to discover a woman, dead of an apparent gunshot, and a man injured with a gunshot as well. The injured guy says that a white sedan, he thinks maybe a Ford Crown Victoria, driven by a white guy with long dark hair and glasses, pulled up, the window rolled down, and the guy started shooting...

Would it make sense for the police to say: "We are investigating a mysterious death, the cause is undertermined, we will get back to you in a month or two with more info if we have any. Thanks."

Of course not. Except in this case.

Define POOR. I don't remember reading anywhere that Celina was poor. Her mother worked, stepfather was on disability. Their car and truck didn't look like junk. None of them appeared to be hungry or without clothing.

Fair enough, and point taken. Mom worked at a thrift store, probably not making much more than minimum wage, step-dad was on disability. They lived with mom, dad, family friend, and aunt (?) all sharing the rent on half a house. I would wager money that they were pretty close to the poverty line.

NOTE: it is damn sure no insult to be poor and I do not use the word in that way. I am poor.

I may have missed it along the line, but do we have any information on where WN was after 9PM on the night Celina went missing?

I know nothing of the AG and her professional feelings. But can you please explain how Celina's mother, father, grandparents, teachers, family priest, and compassionate neighbors and townspeople would wish for everyone to forget about Celina? They will go to the end of their days wanting to know what happened to their precious child. And why would anyone in authority wish for this case to go unsolved? It's a small town, and if the person who put that little girl in the water is never identified....

You are wrong. The AG wants to solve this, and G-d knows those who cared about her want to see justice done.
Unlike one hour tv dramas, it often takes a bit of time to solve a mysterious death case.

The people of New Hampshire care about their kids (best state in the country for children), and they don't care only about the blond rich girls.

Celina's body was found on Aug 1st. The authorities handling the case have said it could take up to eight weeks for the toxicology results from the autopsy to be completed. Since the autopsy was completed on Aug 2nd or 3rd that would mean that we still have over two weeks until the results might be returned, if in fact it takes the full eight weeks.

If the results are not back by the end of the first week in October then I would be questioning if the results are being withheld from the public.. Until then I think everyone just need to be patient and not speculate that no one (the authorities) knows what is going on or that it cannot be determined how Celina died.

Until the ME declares Celina's death a homicide I don't think we will see anyone charged with anything. If her death is determined to be an accident then I think there is a good possibly that someone could be charged relating to what Celina died of. It is obvious that Celina didn't die from something that was noticeable during the autopsy such as bullet wound, stab wound, blunt force trauma or that she was strangled or a half dozen other things that could have cause her death that would be easily detected during the autopsy.

On a side note, I'm not sure what good holding twice weekly press conferences would do. Perhaps LE has all the evidence they need to charge someone with a violation of the law in the case, but are just awaiting the TOX results to ensure the evidence they already have concurs with the ME's findings, knowing the person they already have their sights on is not going anywhere or that the person is not a threat to others in the community.

JMO

http://www.wcax.com/story/15364804/no-toxicology-results-yet-in-cass-death

No toxicology results yet in Cass death

Officials had hoped to have the toxicology results back last week to determine the cause of death, but that didn't happen.

They say it is not unusual for toxicology results to take up to eight weeks.

I may have missed it along the line, but do we have any information on where WN was after 9PM on the night Celina went missing?

I don't recall it ever being said for certain what WN was doing after LN went to bed.

In the first post on the first thread the article reads as if WN was the one who last seen Celina that night. The article has WN saying that the computer was in Celina bedroom also even though it has recently been reported that the computer is located in the living room.

I also vaguely remember it being reported early on that WN was the one that checked in on Celina at 9PM in her room and that he was the last person to see Celina that night. Celina was then gone when Wn went to her room in the morning to make sure she was up for her 9AM hairdresser appointment. More recent article say that LN was on the couch watching a movie with Celina and then LN went upstairs to bed at 9PM but do not mention WN being present at that time.

JMO

Link to:First post in first thread

Celina Cass, a lanky 11-year-old with a girlish smile, was last seen at 9 p.m. Monday in her bedroom on her computer, said her stepfather, Wendell Noyes.

(Snipped)

"She never goes out of the house," Noyes said in a brief telephone conversation. He said Monday night was normal, and Cass was gone when he went into her room Tuesday morning.

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20110726/NEWS07/110729914/0/sports

I know nothing of the AG and her professional feelings. But can you please explain how Celina's mother, father, grandparents, teachers, family priest, and compassionate neighbors and townspeople would wish for everyone to forget about Celina? They will go to the end of their days wanting to know what happened to their precious child. And why would anyone in authority wish for this case to go unsolved? It's a small town, and if the person who put that little girl in the water is never identified....

You are wrong. The AG wants to solve this, and G-d knows those who cared about her want to see justice done.
Unlike one hour tv dramas, it often takes a bit of time to solve a mysterious death case.

The people of New Hampshire care about their kids (best state in the country for children), and they don't care only about the blond rich girls.

I read the same thing on nearly every thread. "LE doesn't tell us anything. LE is silent. LE doesn't have anything or they would tell us. This case will never be solved. Et cetera, Et cetera.

It is frustrating to all of us watching and waiting to hear of an arrest.

Today Zahra Baker's murderer went to court. Oct 9 will be one year since Zahra was reported missing. It has been a long year and the outcome wasn't what most of us wanted but EB is in prison. Better something than nothing.

Celina is just as important and it is another case much like Zahra's in that the evidence just wasn't there. This might be another case where the DA is going to have to do a Plea Agreement with the Devil - (accused) to get any kind of conviction.

There are a lot of variables involved with a plea agreement. At this point, we don't know what LE has or who they suspect so it is a waiting game.

I don't think any amount of press coverage can solve a case. Even when we think it is cold I believe someone will be working on it. These detectives want to find out if it was an accident or who killed her, how she was killed, and why was she killed.

Too much coverage can be as damaging as too little imo. Look at Caylee, look at the coverage, did Caylee get justice. It became a three ring circus, the Anthonys, The defense team, and the Prosecution team. Somehow, in all of that the media focused on Casey, not on Caylee. She seemed to be lost in the arena. I wonder if there had been less coverage if there would have been a conviction????? We'll never know and again the evidence just wasn't there for a murder conviction.

We all want the same thing for Celina whether she was murdered or if it was some kind of terrible accident that someone attempted to hide. We want the truth and with that truth we want justice, real justice. We want peace for her family, friends, and the town.

Well, now that I've preached a sermon I feel like I need to say, "Let us Pray"

I am quite sure the authorities would like this case solved. Failing that, I think they would like it to go away.

As for Celina's parents, I am sure you can point me to the press conferences and interviews they have given over the past month pressing the AG's office to do their job. How about ONE interview or press conference? Have there been any?

If my daughter were killed and the police were acting baffled and channeling Inspector Clousea you would see me camped out on the police station lawn with a sign saying "solve my daughter's murder," or staking out the local TV station trying to get them interested.

I am sure they do.

Do you think I base my opinions on TV shows? Evidence is not like fruit growing on a tree, you don't wait for it to grow and get good and ripe before you pick it. Either the police have the evidence or they do not. If they do then where's the arrest? If they do not, then they need to stop playing secret-detective and solicit the public's help by telling them what they know.

In my opinion.

Celina's body was found on Aug 1st. The authorities handling the case have said it could take up to eight weeks for the toxicology results from the autopsy to be completed.

Somehow they managed to unscramble the dozens of conflicting and interacting chemicals and meds in Michael Jackson's body in a month. Heath Ledger's toxicology tests also showed complex (and lethal) multi-drug interactions yet took only a couple of weeks. The singer Amy Winehouse's toxicology tests took about a month. Anna Nicole Smith's toxicology tests took six or seven weeks despite the eleven different drugs rampaging around in her system.

In all of the above the initial screening tests were positive for multiple drugs and required more elaborate follow up testing. In other words, they took LONGER than normal.

Are we to believe that Celina had a secret life as a hard-partying pop superstar?

According the Slate.com: "NMS Labs in Willow Grove, Pa., for example, employs about 200 scientists for 40,000 cases and averages seven to 11 days for a toxicology report..." http://www.slate.com/id/2182156/

Since the autopsy was completed on Aug 2nd or 3rd that would mean that we still have over two weeks until the results might be returned, if in fact it takes the full eight weeks.

If the results are not back by the end of the first week in October then I would be questioning if the results are being withheld from the public.. Until then I think everyone just need to be patient and not speculate that no one (the authorities) knows what is going on or that it cannot be determined how Celina died.

I am questioning it now. :)

Until the ME declares Celina's death a homicide I don't think we will see anyone charged with anything. If her death is determined to be an accident then I think there is a good possibly that someone could be charged relating to what Celina died of. It is obvious that Celina didn't die from something that was noticeable during the autopsy such as bullet wound, stab wound, blunt force trauma or that she was strangled or a half dozen other things that could have cause her death that would be easily detected during the autopsy.

On a side note, I'm not sure what good holding twice weekly press conferences would do. Perhaps LE has all the evidence they need to charge someone with a violation of the law in the case, but are just awaiting the TOX results to ensure the evidence they already have concurs with the ME's findings, knowing the person they already have their sights on is not going anywhere or that the person is not a threat to others in the community.

JMO

You could be correct.

Still thinking of you Celina and hoping that justice will be served for you.

:rose:

Sadly, I think we have a cold case on our hands. Celina can be added to the other unsolved murders in the northern tier. I still think there is a serial killer on the loose and they will strike again. I will be shocked if they ever make an arrest and if they do I will be surprised if it is anyone related to her. Poor child so unfair. Skier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther